Uno

Lobito
 
It was the sound of the birds that awakened the body curled on top of a soft bed of moss and grass. The sun slowly peaked over the horizon and its rays drew in gentle light into the enclosed space. All was peaceful. The person, a young male, stretchched his unused bones before yawning a bit. He sat up and smelled the more ning air.  It was fresh and sent a delightful shiver down the boys spine. He got up and out of the den to use the bathroom. After doing his business, he crouched down and shifted. The tug and shifting on his bones was painless and before anyone knew it, he was on four paws. He could smell the air ten times better this way and now could pick up the sent of a few deers around.
 
Hunting was easy for the wolf. He was quick to spot a prey and analyze a strategy to attacking it. His claws shred away the skin and his teeth sunk into the flesh. He didn't like much blood on him as it was a hassle to clean out of his fur so he kept the skin shredding simple. Once he was done he would drink by the river bank and then roam the wild forest. 
 
Sometimes, the wolf would go to his favorite spot on the mountains. Where the flowers bloomed and the birds sang. Their voices echoing leisurely as bounced from tree to tree. The overlook scooped out a big section of the forest giving a picture perfect view. In the distance, beyond the forest, the wolf boy could see small brown squares. He always wondered what they were and what they are doing there. Sometimes smoke would come out of them in the cold season and other times they were just there. Solid and unmoving.
 
Before his pack had been attacked and destroyed, he had asked his parents about them.
 
"Don't even go beyond the forest." His father would say. "You have everything you need right here. The forest is your home. Your shelter and protection. You need nothing more then what's here." 
 
Those words still stuck to him but curiosity was hard not to follow when you could see the brown squares every day. Today though he would not go up the mountain to the cliff side. Instead, since it was blooming season, he would scope out any berries. He put his nose down to the ground and began sniffing out the fruity aroma of berries.
 
Maybe it was because he was so caught up on the sent of berries or maybe it was because he never smelled anything like it before but he soon bumped into something hard, knocking him right to the ground. Groaning, the wolf looked up to see a brown wall.  What was this. ? It smelled like a dead oak mixed with other substances. The smell terrified him. Did someone harm a tree to make this ? Who would do such a thing ? Nature was a friend that everyone should respect. 
 
Frowning, the wolf sniffed all around the oak wall to realize it was connected to other oak walls. Four of them stood tightly bound like a shelter of some sort. He even found a opening in one. Cautious of going in, the wolf sniffed around for any danger before he took a step forward.
 
"They're moving in, in a few days. Best to clear out today."
 
The wolf froze at the voice. The feeling of danger set in and he quickly scurried face away from the dead oak shelter. As he made it back to his den, he couldn't help but wonder what those voices were. And whose home was he trespassing.
 
.
 
A few days later, it was a cool spring day. The wind blowing every now and then made the wolf boy wag his tail happily as he ran though the forest. He was chasing his lunch. A large male hare that was quick on its feet. He almost caught it too until it jumped out of the forest and into the unknown territory. The wolf stopped and the rabbit did the same when it noticed its predator frozen. The wolf boy was at lost here. He didn't want to go back to the nature hating place but his lunch was trying to escape. He sure wouldn't find a hare like this for a while so he should be grateful and eat it now.
 
Taking the risk as his stomach begged for him to do so, the wolf boy dashed across the area and towards the rabbit. Said thing quickly scrambled and ducked out of the wolfs way. The wolf growled slightly but kept his chase. This was somewhat fun to him. Well almost, not until the hare dipped into the wooden shelter. Talking slow  steps, the wolf entered the place. It was dark and a bit cold but he ignored that as he sniffed the air for his hunt.
 
"Umma I'm going to put this in the shed !" A voice said.
 
The wolf froze before dashing to a corner. He hid behind a couple of brown cube things and listened. Footsteps were heard and a warm enriching smell entered the room. The wolf boy looked and noticed legs. Legs like his when he wasn't in his wolf form. Were these other wolves ? If so why did they talk so funny. And why didn't they shift.
 
From the corner of his eye, the wolf boy could see the rabbit slowly trying to make an exit. No that wasn't good. What if the other wolves thought this was their pray. He can't have that. Jumping out of his hiding spot, the wolf scrambled to the hare.
 
"Ahh !" The shifted wolf shouted as he stumbled to the ground dropping whatever was in his hands. The wolf boy stopped for a moment to look and see if he was alright. Their eyes connected for a brief moment before he went back to his chase.
 
That night he dreamed of startled brown eyes.
 
.
 
Two days later the wolf boy had got caught in a storm. Usually he would smell it coming a mile away but this time he didn't notice. He tried to run back home before the worst came but it all drenched him at once. Lightening flickered across the sky and rain poured down in layers. Home was too far away. The only close place was the den.
 
Quickly, he made a turn towards the place. At least there it was dry. He stepped in with a shiver. Sadly it was cold here too but not as bad as the rain. He spotted a few folded soft cotton blankets and snuggled up into them. His body raked and shivered and he could feel an oncoming fever. With a final sneeze and the flicker of lightening his eyes closed and he felt like he wouldn't be able to open them for a while.
 
.
 
The sounds of whispering made the wolf stir. His ears twitched in annoyance at the sound and he growled as he snuggled back deeper into the blankets.
 
"Aw it's kinda cute." 
 
"Cute ? This thing tried to kill me. How can such a demon be cute ?"
 
"Oh stop being dramatic. It's just a baby." 
 
There was a scoff and then silence. The wolf was happy the sounds were gone until something touched his ear. He jumped up startled, banging his head hard on something above him.
 
"Ow." He cried, instantly shifting into his other form. There were more shouts and the wolf boy growled. His eyes shifted to two figures that have scrambled away from him. There were two boys. They looked around his age, maybe younger and both looked scared. Silence over lapped them as they started at one another. 
 
He took in their forms. They were both around the same height. Both slim and skin pale. Different from his sun kissed complexion. They both wore odd skins around their body, covering up most of them. Weren't they hot ? It wasn't exactly winter so he was confused with the layers of clothing. Even their feet had something odd around them. They were an odd looking pair of cubs. 
 
He took a closer inspection. His body moving closer towards them as he sniffed the air. They both flinched as he sniffed their scents. The one on the left smelled of nutmeg and wheat. That was an odd combination. The one on the right though, his scent was familiar. He smelled the best of honeysuckle and berries and something entirely different and sweet that it drew him in. 
 
"Hyung ! Help me." The boy whispered in his weird language. The wolf boy cocked his head. Such an odd language but familiar. He growled to the cub as a greeting.
 
"Help you ?! This wolf just turned into a boy. A very non human boy. What do you want me to do ?!" The one on the left said. 
 
"I don't know !" The one of the right whispered.  "But this is kinda weird. It's like he is smelling out my soul."
 
The wolf boy suddenly backed off, sitting on crossed legs and stared at them. His eyes were blue and his hair long and shaggy. He was covered in dirt head to toe and the worst part is, he was .
 
"What should we do ?" The one on the left asked.
 
"I don't know. But we can't tell mom."
 
"Tell mom what ?" A woman said entering the shack. Both boys jumped in shock making the wolf boy startled and dash back to hide in the blankets.
 
"U-umma hi." The boy on the right said.
 
"What are you two hiding ?" His mother asked.
 
"Nothing it's-" the sound of a stomach rumbling cut him off and all eyes flickered towards the figure in the corner.
 
"Oh my ! Who is this Koo Junhoe ?" His mother asked.
 
"Ahh we don't know ?. We found him in here laying on the spare blankets." Junhoe explained.
 
"He must have snuck in here during the storm. The poor child look how dirty he is. Come here sweetheart. Let's get you washed up and fed." The woman said reaching her hand out. She instantly pulled it back as the boy growled at her.
 
"Oh !" She said startled.
 
"Umma how about Yunhyeong hyung and I get him. He's probably uncomfortable since you're a girl." Junhoe said quickly.
 
"Ah okay sweetie. But be careful. I don't want you to-" 
 
"I know mom." Junhoe cut her off. "Now go rest while we get him cleaned." The woman nodded thanking her son before exiting the shed. As she left, Junhoe turned around with a breath of relief.
 
"Okay hyung let's- hyung ?" Junhoe called looking around.
 
"Sorry June. I have to go too. Mom wanted me back before lunch. I'll come over tomorrow after school okay ?" Yunhyeong said and Junhoe nodded a bit sadly.
 
"And so there were two." His mumbled more to himself as he looked to the boy hiding in the sheets.
 
"Okay Junhoe. You can do this. He's just a boy. Who is also a wolf and probably doesn't understand anything I'm saying right now but you can do this." Junhoe tried to assure himself.
 
He stepped slowly to the wolf boy. Those blue eyes were staring at him cautiously and he took each step.
 
"Yah.." Junhoe started. The boy blinked. "Come with me." Slowly moving his hand out, he waiting there for a reaction. The wolf looked at him before flickering to his hand. He leaned up slowly to sniff it and Junhoe tried not to laugh because man this guy was like a dog. He stopped his almost snickers when a tongue from the middle of his palm to the tips of his fingers.
 
"Ew." Junhoe huffed before pulling his hand back. "Come on." He said. The boy cocked his head but didn't make to move. "I said come on." Junhoe said taking the others wrist and tugging him up.
 
"Woah. You're kinda tall." This was coming from Junhoe who was a tall seventeen year old. His eyes then shifted down and his face flushed red. "Aish ! Where are your clothes ?!" Junhoe said grabbing a blanket and putting it around the taller.  He then began pulling him down out the shed and over towards the basin and faucet. He filled the basin with warm water and soap before looking at the boy.
 
"Get in." Junhoe said. The wolf boy just looked at him. Junhoe sighed. This was going to be a long afternoon. After forcefully putting the boy in the water and stopping him from drinking it for the fifth time, he finally got him settle in. He played with the bubbles and suds as Junhoe watched his hair. It was full of dirt, leaves and twigs and Junhoe wondered how a person could walk around so dirty.
 
"Is he finished ?" His mother asked carrying a towel and a pair of clothes.
 
"Yes. He's just playing with the bubbles now." Junhoe explained.
 
"Oh how cute." His mother squealed. "What's his name ?" 
 
"Uh Bobby." Junhoe quickly said. "He doesn't know much Korean though. He's from the states."
 
"Oh I see. Poor boy and he's all alone." His mom frowned a bit. "Here get him dressed. Lunch is ready."
 
To say getting 'Bobby' dressed was easy would be a lie. The wolf squirmed and whined and even tried to bite Junhoe. The best Junhoe could do was put him in some underwear and shorts. Soon they were sitting at the table with lunch set. Bobby didn't know what to do at the sight of the food but Junhoe quickly piled his plate and the boy started eating. Junhoe's mother watched in shock as the boy grabbed at the meat and ripped it apart. At how he gobbled down the corn and barely left any rice. Junhoe and his mother didn't eat lunch that day as it was gone before they could even reach for their chop sticks.
 
"Well that was interesting." Mrs.Koo said. They were now sitting in the living room. Mrs.Koo on one couch and Junhoe and Bobby in the other. Bobby was curled up next to Junhoe, sniffing him and occasionally nudging his nose into him. Junhoe wanted to shove him off but every time  he tried the boy would growl. 
 
"I thinks he needs a haircut." Mrs.Koo said.
 
"You can do that. I did all the hard things." Junhoe said. He flinched when his cheek was .
 
"But he likes you better see." His mom said casually as she began knitting something.
 
Junhoe frowned. "Umma please? I'll do everything else just don't put me scissors and him in the same five foot radius."
 
And that's how Bobby  came to get a hair cut. At first he panicked at the sight of sharp objects near his head and tried hide behind the sofa. Junhoe tugged him out every time. They finally compromised when Bobby only settled down with Junhoe pressed closely to his chest. The smaller boy sitting in between the wolf boys legs, back to his chest and Bobby  whimpered as the scissors snipped his long locks. He held Junhoe close and the smaller pouted in annoyance.
 
"I specifically said five foot radius umma. This is not five feet." Junhoe said.
 
"I know I know but it's the only way sweetie. I'm almost done so bare a little longer." Mrs. Koo said doing a few last snips. Junhoe sighed again. He soon jumped as the hands around his waist squeezed.
 
"June !" His mom shouted. "Stop moving I almost cut him."
 
"Sorry. It's just he's so touchy." Junhoe frowned.
 
Finally they were done and Junhoe flew out of the others hold.
 
"I'm going to take a nap. Wake me when Appa gets here." Junhoe said not looking back. He went to his room and locked the door. He didn't want any interruptions as he felt slightly dizzy. He reached his bed and was instantly asleep. Not noticing the scratches at his door.