Sequel... kind of.

I'm here for you.

Word count: 2147

Note: Not exactly a sequel, but I thought this can be served as a bit of continuation from the previous chapter I posted. I was re-watching VIXX One Fine Day last weekend and this was an idea that was passing by my mind when I was watching the last bit of the last episode. Nothing too fancy, as I was writing it only in under two hours. Please also excuse any typo and grammar error, I wrote this at 1AM, so I'm not exactly in my right mind.

 

———

 

The filming process for VIXX’s last night in Jeju-do had finished, with them eating, chatting, watching a video summing up their career, and even sending video letters to Leader N who couldn’t be with them that night because of his individual activities. It wasn’t actually their last night in Jeju-do, they still have three more days to stay there but it was their last night to film One Fine Day in Jeju-do. For the rest of it the production crew will go back to Seoul and all six members will be left alone to completely enjoy their holiday free of cameras. But for tonight, cameras were still there. The production crew said they got nothing scheduled so they’ll just set up the camera in the house and record whatever VIXX members wanted to do. And as usual, they chose to play games… Except for the current oldest member present, Leo.

 

When the younger four were setting up ping pong table to play among themselves, Leo used the excuse of cleaning himself up and changing into something more comfortable to go hide in his room — which actually was N’s room, because even though N wanted for them to share the room like the Ken-Hyuk and Ravi-Hongbin did, Leo insisted to sleep on the couch. Leo was worried if he shared the room with N, the said leader will catch his sickness. N argued Leo’s stubbornness to sleep on the couch was the one causing the younger to fall sick though. 

 

To be completely honest, after the whole talk of VIXX’s career from debut until now, and those video letters just made the quiet vocalist missed his slightly older same-aged friend. It was known to fans that all VIXX members loved to tease and annoy their Leader, especially the three youngest. But Leo knew, when the Leader wasn’t present, it was also those three who would feel the vacant space of the said Leader the most. Washing his face, Leo chuckled to himself remembering the conversation he had with Ravi earlier that night when he was washing the dishes.

 

———

 

“Do you need any help, hyung?”

 

Leo heard a deep voice of Ravi talking to him. Without pausing nor switching his attention he answered, “Hm? Do you want to help? Here.” Leo gave Ravi a tea towel, “Wipe the plates and utensils and then put it away. Okay?”

 

Ravi agreed without saying anything, although after quite sometimes Leo heard the deep voice talking to him again.

 

“Hyung.”

 

“Yes?” Leo was still busy cleaning the cooking utensils.

 

“Hakyeonnie hyung…” Ravi paused, “Are we going to shoot the closing tomorrow with just the five of us?”

 

Leo took a glance at his younger member, “If it’s going according to the plan, he’ll be coming back tonight or tomorrow morning. But if something suddenly came up, then yes, we’ll probably will only do it with just the five of us. Why are you asking?”

 

“I…” Ravi hesitated again, “It’s weird, hyung.” He sounded exasperated.

 

“What is weird?”

 

“I earlier said that I felt bad I managed to do all of these fun and cool things alone without my family. But at least I still have you guys here… I mean, with all the six of us.” Ravi paused again, “I would feel worse if we don’t have Hakyeon hyung with us tomorrow.”

 

Leo stopped what he did and stared at Ravi who stood beside him. “You miss Hakyeon?”

 

The younger between the two hesitated, “Ey… Miss… Well, it’s not… It’s just that… Kinda weird, without Hakyeon hyung.” He grinned at his hyung.

 

The quiet vocalist blinked and let out a chuckle while resuming what he did earlier, “It would be nice if you can show that kind of affection directly toward Hakyeon, you know. He sometimes worried if you guys are weary of him.”

 

Ravi laughed, “You know how he is.” And just then the rapper was finished with his assigned task, “He won’t stop teasing us if we do.” He laughed again.

 

Leo smiled again, “I know.” He stopped for a moment before resuming, “But once in a while, make sure he does know that you guys care for him, okay.”

 

The rapper nodded and was about to leave when Leo called him, “Also Wonshik-ah, don’t worry about it too much. There will be six of us tomorrow.”

 

———

 

Leo was brushing his teeth when he heard someone entering the room.

 

“Hyung!” He heard the voice of the visual of the group calling him.

 

“Ng!” Leo mumbled with a toothbrush still in his mouth, signalling the younger that he was in the bathroom. A moment later, he was met with a pair of round eyes looking at him.

 

“Ah, Taekwoon hyung.” Hongbin seemed to talk to himself.

 

The older rinse his mouth and his toothbrush before switching his attention to Hongbin.

 

“Of course it’s me. Were you expecting someone else?” He asked, amusement written on his face.

 

Hongbin laughed and scratched his head, “No. Well, I thought Hakyeon hyung has arrived.” The younger paused, “Is he not coming back tonight? It’s already 11PM. I thought the last flight here departured an hour ago.”

 

“I haven’t talked to him yet tonight, but I think he’ll come back tomorrow morning if he can’t make it tonight.” The vocalist patted his face with a towel, “Why are you looking for him? Is something happened?”

 

“Ah, no. Hyuk and I were out earlier to the shop and we bought some sweets and snack and also banana milk, thinking Hakyeonnie hyung will be arrived already by the time we got back.” The visual grinned and showed Leo the plastic bag he got on his hand. He could see an abundant amount of various sweets and snacks inside the plastic bag.

 

Leo was amused.

 

“You two bought that much snacks for Hakyeon? Or did you buy it for yourself?”

 

Hongbin rummaging through the plastic bag, “It’s for all of us. But we do choose the one that Hakyeon hyung usually like.”

 

“You brats.” Leo laughed, “Always said you don’t want to be with him yet when he disappeared for several hours you all came to me asking where he is.” 

 

———

 

After he was done with cleaning himself up, Leo changed into something more comfortable to sleep in and then decided to call the Leader to know what’s up. He scrolled his contact list and stopped at the contact named ‘My Lifelong Friend’ and he chuckled at the name because N was the one who renamed his own contact’s name in Leo’s phone.

 

“Taekwoon-ah!” Came N’s cheery voice in the opposite end of the line after several seconds, “Why do you call?”

 

Leo smiled to himself, “Nothing. Just wanna know how you’re doing. Are you still filming?”

 

“It’s just ended, I’m on my way home now.”

 

Leo frowned, because that means the filming process ended way beyond the schedule. If he wasn’t mistaken, the manager said that N’s filming supposed to end at around 8PM and it’s now already 11:15PM yet N said the filming has just ended.

 

“Just now? It’s very late.” The vocalist asked, concerned. “Have you eaten yet?”

 

The younger of the two then heard the other hummed in agreement, “Hmm. I have. Starlights sent a food truck to the filming site, I’m so thankful.”

 

Leo nodded even though he’s fully aware that the older can’t see him, “That’s good.”

 

“What about you?” N asked, “What did you guys film to day? Did you have fun?”

 

The vocalist paused to think for moment before answering, “I said I wanna cook spaghetti for the kids so in the end they turned it into a cooking competition between me and Sanghyuk.” He heard the Leader laughed.

 

“Really? That sounds fun! Who won?”

 

“Sanghyukkie.” Leo answered, amused after remembered what happened earlier.

 

N chuckled, “They played dirty again, didn’t they.”

 

“Well, you know them.” The younger smiled.

 

“I do know them.” Came another laughter from the Leader.

 

Leo continued his conversation with N by sharing everything happened when N wasn’t there. That they went shopping for ingredients to the supermarket, how the wind was really strong that afternoon, how the kids were having fun bullying Leo as the eldest since N wasn’t present, and of course, how they watched a video of VIXX’s career and sending video letters for each of their family and to N.

 

“Did you cry?” N asked after Leo telling him the video about VIXX’s career.

 

The quiet vocalist chuckled, “What do you think?”

 

“Of course you did. We’re the two oldest are the crybabies. We’ll cry at everything involving the kids.” The Leader answered, amused.

 

“I know we are.” Leo said again.

 

The two of them pleasantly exchanging little stories happened throughout the day when Leo heard a knock of the door. “Taekwoonnie hyung?”

 

Ah, maknae’s voice.

 

“Just come in, Sanghyuk-ah. It’s not locked.” The vocalist answered while telling N to pause their conversation for a moment.

 

“Hyung, aren’t you going to join us? We’ve set up the ping pong table, Jaehwan hyung and Wonshik hyung are currently playing now.” The maknae asked the older as he went in, and just then he realised that Leo was on his phone. “Who are you talking to, hyung?” He asked curiously. “Is it Hakyeon hyungie?”

 

Leo nodded and showed his phone to the maknae, “Hmm. Do you want to talk to him?”

 

Hyuk lurched himself to sit on the bed beside Leo and took the phone after putting it on speaker, “Hakyeon hyung-ah!”

 

“Oit? Sanghyukkie!” N answered as cheerfully, “Taekwoon said you won the cooking battle? Ey, it can’t be you win with instant noodle, can you.”

 

The maknae laughed, “Nothing better than instant noodle, hyung.” Hyuk then remembered about N whereabouts. “Ah, aren’t you coming back, hyung? It’s almost midnight. Are you still in Seoul?”

 

The Leader hummed, “Hmm. Sorry, Sanghyuk-ah. The filming was running late beyond the schedule so I can’t catch tonight’s flight to Jeju-do. I’ll be back tomorrow morning though.” N answered apologetically. “I know I promised I’ll accompany you to see sunrise tomorrow morning… Maybe we can do the day after tomorrow.”

 

Hyuk grinned, “Ah, no. That’s okay, hyung. We’ll still be here for another three days anyway. You just be safe on your way home, okay.”

 

“Roger that!”

 

“Well then, I’ll go back downstair okay, hyungdeul. Binnie hyung and Wonshik hyung were asking to play 2 vs 2.” The maknae stood up and walked out the room after cheekily grinning to Leo, “Taekwoon hyung too, you have to join us, okay. The loser will get hit on the forehead!”

 

“That brat…” Leo chuckled and shifted his attention back to his phone. “Hakyeon-ah?” He heard the older was laughing on the opposite end of the line.

 

“He’s unusually cheery, is it because I’m not there?” N asked jokingly.

 

Leo paused, “Actually…” He started, “The maknaes kept asking me about you, when will you coming back and such.”

 

“Did they really?” The older asked, his voice was filled with amusement. “What’s the occasion? They don’t usually do that.” He laughed.

 

The younger shrugged although the other couldn’t see it, “I guess that video earlier affected them, also the fact that you’re not here with us when we were watching it.” Leo let a laugh loose, “It’s amusing to see them acted so bashful about it.”

 

“Ey, I wanna see it.”

 

Leo laughed again, “Then come back here quickly. The kids had filled the fridge to the brim with lots of your favourite snacks and banana milk.” He heard N was also laughing at his response.

 

The conversation went on for another several minutes before N said that he arrived at their dorm in Seoul already and would soon getting ready for bed since he had to catch an early flight back to Jeju-do.

 

“Alright then, I’m going to join the kids. They’re currently playing table tennis downstair.” Leo explained to the Leader.

 

N responsed with an amused voice, “Don’t lose your temper at them, will you. I’m not there to cool off your over-competitiveness.”

 

“Hey, I’m not that bad.” Leo complained.

 

“Yes, you are that bad.” N answered again. “Promise me you won’t lose your temper?”

 

The vocalist just rolled his eyes and gave the Leader a half-assed response, “Yeah, yeah.”

 

“Yah Jung Taekwoon. Do you love me? If you do then make a proper promise.” N let out a mock-stern voice to tease the younger.

 

Leo sighed, “You always make me promise over that, how am I supposed to do…”

 

“Because that’s the only thing you will make your promise over.” N laughed, “Do you love me then?”

 

“Yes, I do.”

 

The leader chuckled, “Then keep your promise, will you.”

 

Leo hummed in agreement and N replied,

 

“Good. Love you too. Good night, Taekwoonnie.”

 

———