My favorite scent

Special birthdays

"Can you go fast there? Jeez, it will not take much to him get here."

Jinki looked at Kibum. "Can you just shut up? I'm doing what I can."

Kibum snorted crossing his arms and gave a critical gaze at what Jinki was doing. "This is a bad idea on so many levels, you're a lousy cook."

Dropping the spatula in the bowl Jinki snorted angrily. "Can you stop it? I'm really trying to do this."

"Kibum-yah please let hyung alone." Jonghyun said get into the kitchen and putting his arm around his waist. "He's doing a great job for who are not very good at baking cakes."

"Thank you." Jinki says returning to stir the white and sweet butter cream in the bowl.

Kibum shook his head and place his waist against the counter while watching Jinki walk from one side to the other in the small kitchen.

"I wanted to know why this idea now, why make a cake for Minho-yah?"

"I think that's kind of obvious, right?! Today is his birthday after all and I want to surprise him." He said shrugging and going up the oven when it beeped.

Opening the oven door Jinki smiled pleased with himself, the cake was golden and perfect size, he quickly reached out – properly protected with the glove – and took the cake out of there, putting on the table to finish cooling.

"Look at this, who said I can't bake a cake." He said with hands on waist smiling brightly at Kibum who rolled his eyes.

"Congratulations hyung it's really nice, but I think now you should just finish before Minho-yah arrives." Jonghyun said pulling Kibum out of the kitchen before he spoke something else and let Jinki even more stressed.

"Wait, when they are coming?" He asked desperately.

Kibum came to the door and smirked. "I don't know, but I think Taemin led him to drink or something."

"Drink?" He squealed. "Oh my God, Minho-yah will come home drunk and then all the surprise will be a fiasco and the cake..."

Jonghyun slapped on Kibum's head of that gazed at him and put his hands on Jinki's shoulders. "Stay calm, Minho-yah will not get drunk, he knows that you are waiting for him, okay?"

Jinki exhaled and nodded. "You're right, Minho-yah would not do this to me."

"Of course not, now keep going with it, go finish the cake that Kibum-yah and me we set the table, right?"

Jinki nodded again and go back to the cake, he still had a lot of things to do before Minho and Taemin return to God knows where they were.

The sound of the door opening made Jinki run out of the room sliding and almost falling in the hallway – because of the socks of course, not because he is clumsy – into the living room at the right moment when Taemin came laughing and just behind Minho came smiling and taking off his red scarf of his neck.

Minho's eyes lit up when he saw that the table had a white and decorated cake with strawberries and candles in the center, cups and dishes stacked neatly.

"Wow guys, you did it to me?"

"Jinki-hyung did." Jonghyun said smiling.

Minho looked at Jinki who smiled brightly, he was proud of himself. "It's true?"

"Yeah, I even baked the cake and pastr..." He stopped talking when he was swept by Minho's arms in a tight embrace.

Minho held him tightly and murmured a thank you on his hair. Jinki laughed his back.

After some time they were holding each other in silence, just enjoying the warmth of the other, someone cleared his throat and Jinki looked up seeing Jonghyun, Taemin and Kibum laughing at them.

"Can we eat now or you'll be just standing there in the middle of the living room?"

Minho laughed pushing Jinki away a little, but he was still holding his hand.

They sang Happy Birthday and Minho blew the candles, so they all sat talking and eating the cake that was very delicious, Jinki had really done a great job.

"I need to go to the bathroom." He whispered in Minho's ear.

Minho nodded loosening Jinki's hand that quickly walked away. "So when I earn my gifts?"

Kibum snorted. "What gifts?"

"What? I gave gifts for all of you, that's unfair." He said pouting.

Taemin laughed and shook his head. "Your gift will be just one."

Minho frowned looking at Kibum and Jonghyun who nodded. "What do you mean?"

"You will see later, now go to because hyung is waiting for you." Jonghyun said laughing.

"Waiting where?"

Kibum rolled his eyes. "Just go, we packed things around here."

Furrowing his brow Minho got up and went to Jinki's room, knocking lightly he pushed open. "Hyung, are you here?"

"Come in Minho-yah."

Minho came in and looked around, Jinki was standing in the middle of the room smiling.

"Happy birthday babe."

"Thank you." He said smiling. "But where is this smell?"

Jinki smiled. "You like?"

"Yeah, it's great. What is it?"

"Your birthday gift."

Minho blinked and tilted his head a little confused.

"I bought a perfume for you." Jinki said smiling.

"Oh, and where is it?"

"In me."

Minho's eyes narrowed. "And you are using my perfume?"

"Y-yeah, you know, so you can feel it. Are you mad?"

"Hyung, you know what my favorite scent?"

"Hm, the perfume that your mother gave you for Christmas?"

"No." He said taking a step towards Jinki's.

"Cake?" He asked smiling.

Minho chuckled. "Is not that too."

"I-I don't know Minho-yah." He said throwing his hands up in exasperation.

"Yours."

"Hm?"

Minho held Jinki in his arms bringing him closer and nuzzled his nose on Jinki's neck that shivered. "Your scent is the best thing in the world and..." he said nuzzling his nose again on Jinki's neck. "Combined with the perfume you bought for me, it just got better." He whispered in his ear and nibbling his earlobe.

"Oh, I didn't know that."

Minho smiled nibbling on Jinki's neck that held his shirt and tilted his head giving more access to him. "Did you know that sweating makes the smell of perfume become stronger?"

"Oh, it's that so?"

He hummed taking steps forward and doing Jinki take steps back. "Yes."

"And you will make me sweat then?"

"Oh yeah, you can bet on it." He murmured pushing Jinki that fell on the bed laughing.

"So what are you waiting for?"

"Best birthday ever." He murmured jumping on top of Jinki who laughed.