Final

Angel

Sighing to the hundredth time, all Chanyeol could do was to think about the young girl he had met at the border line of the vampires and werewolves. He had fallen for the girl hard. Chanyeol places his right hand over his chest, where his heart is, even though it doesn’t beat, he could feel it beating.

Chanyeol looks around in his big and spacious chamber and sighed. Standing up, he walked over to his window and stared outside. He pushed is open and walked out onto the balcony and breathed in the cold air of winter.

“You’ll catch a cold.” He heard someone from above say.

Chanyeol looks up and sees his best friend sitting on the rooftop. He chuckled and shook his head. “Vampire’s don’t get sick.” He stated before jumping up to join his friend.

“Are you still thinking about her?”

“Yeah,” Chanyeol mumbled. “But it’s forbidden.”

“ the rules Chanyeol,” His friend stated. “Love is love. No one can come in between that.”

“But I don’t know if she even likes me.” He pouted. “Jonghyun, what should I do?” Chanyeol gave his friend a puppy look in which Jonghyun couldn’t resist.

Jonghyun scratched his head. “Don’t ask me.” He shrugged. “I’m not the one who has a lover that’s from another kind.” He tapped his chin and beamed. “Why don’t you go ask Yoongi?”

“Do you mean that awfully strong vampire Min Yoongi?” He asked.

“Yeah him,” Jonghyun nodded. “Although he’s a respected noble, he fell in love with a demon and proved that his boyfriend wasn’t dangerous. The king accepted his love.”

“Wait, boyfriend?” Chanyeol widened his eyes. “He’s gay?”

“Yeah, the whole realm knows about it.” Jonghyun gave him a look. “Where the hell have you been all this time?”

“On that stupid mission with Jongin and Taemin, remember?”

“Oh, yes, that mission was difficult wasn’t it?”

“Yeah almost died,” Chanyeol complained with a pout. “I can’t believe my own father made me do that mission.”

“Well, that’s the king for you.” Jonghyun chuckled. “Go ask Yoongi for knowhow’s. If he can get the king’s approval, then I’m sure you can too Chanyeol.”

“Thanks Jonghyun.” He patted on Jonghyun’s shoulder. “Do you have any idea where the hell he lives?”

“That, I don’t know.” He chuckled. “You can try asking Changmin, he knows where Yoongi lives. He used to be Yoongi’s body guard but he got promoted and started serving the kingdom.”

“Which Changmin is it?” Chanyeol asks with a frown.

“The one that loves food more than the kingdom,” He stated and laughed. “Don’t tell him I said that.”

“Oh. That Changmin,” Chanyeol laughed. “Thanks.”

“You’re welcome.”

 

Jumping back down onto the balcony, Chanyeol went back into his room, closing the window doors and pulled the curtains across, shutting the sun and light out of his room. He decided to actually go find Changmin, but the castle is as huge as a mountain and finding him won’t be easy.

Pulling his jacket over, Chanyeol leaves his chamber, servants, maids and solider alike bows and greets him. His father was the King, which made him the Prince. Although Chanyeol was the youngest of the four brothers, he was the next king in line. He didn’t like the fact that he had to be the next king. He wanted his brothers to do it but his father insists on him being the next king because he trusted him being the king more than his brothers.

Shaking the thoughts out, he hurried his steps through the hallways. Once he was out of the castle, he went to the garden, as if he knew Changmin would be there. And he was right. Changmin was there, sitting on the log eating away as a few birds would fly down and try to steal his food.

“Changmin-ah,” He called out as he jogged over.

Changmin looked up and grinned. “Prince Chanyeol,” He stood up and was about to bow when Chanyeol stopped him.

“When the hell would you stop that?” He rolled his eyes. “I’m here to ask if you know where Yoongi lives.”

“Do you mean Min Yoongi?” He raised an eyebrow up. “The gay noble vampire, Yoongi?”

“Yes.”

“He lives in the forest in between the border line of us and the werewolves.”

“Are you serious?” Chanyeol widened his eyes. “Isn’t his boyfriend a demon? Why is he living there?”

“I don’t know. Don’t ask me. Ask him.” Changmin shrugged and pushed Chanyeol slightly. “Now go if you’re done so I can eat my food peacefully.”

“Don’t you have any duties?”

“The king didn’t give me any.” He shrugged.

“Okay then,” Chanyeol sighed.

He brought up his right hand, placing his thumb and index finger near his lips before whistling. A phoenixes cry could be heard before it swooped down and landed on the ground. The phoenix was slightly larger and taller than Chanyeol as its fire danced around. Chanyeol’s phoenix is a fire phoenix and he was the only one that could communicate and command fire phoenix. Other’s envied him a lot.

Jumping up onto his phoenix, he commanded it to head towards the forest between the border line of the vampires and werewolves. His phoenix lets out a cry before taking off, the wind almost knocking over his plate of food.

“HEY!” Changmin shouted, to which Chanyeol just laughed as his phoenix flies off. “Aish that brat, I’ll give him beating when he gets back.”

 

Upon arriving at the isolated house located in the forest, Chanyeol just stands around as his phoenix follows him. Chanyeol could sense that no one was home so he decided to wait around. He turned to his phoenix and smiled.

“You don’t have to wait here with me you know?” He said softly as he its head with love and care. “Do you miss me that much Khalie?” He asked as Khalie nudged its head against Chanyeol’s head.

Chanyeol chuckles and continued Khalie until he heard a growl. He immediately stood up and turned around, only to meet an angry demon.

“Who are you?” He snarls.

“Ugh…” Chanyeol started as he scratched his head. He was about to say his name when the demon suddenly got smacked in the head.

“Ow!” The demon whined. “What the hell Yoongi?”

“Prince Chanyeol,” Yoongi bowed. “May I ask what are you here for?”

“Well,” Chanyeol chuckled. “I’m here for some love advice.”

Yoongi chuckled and gestured Chanyeol to come inside as the demon kept on glaring at Chanyeol. Chanyeol was beginning to feel unwelcomed because of the demon.

“Hoseok, will you stop that please?” Yoongi sighed. “Chanyeol is the vampire king’s son and the next king in line. So can you please be nice?”

“Fine,” Hoseok rolled his eyes and left the living room. “If you need anything call me.” He said lazily before heading upstairs to his room.

“I’m so sorry about that.”

“It’s okay Yoongi.” He chuckled. “I never knew you were… gay?”

Yoongi laughed. “I never did too, until I met Hoseok who made me question my uality.” He sat down across Chanyeol and placed a mug of hot tea in front of Chanyeol.

“Thanks.”

“So, who is the girl you’ve fallen in love with?”

Scratching his head, Chanyeol just blinked. *, I don’t even know her name.*

“Don’t tell me you don’t know her name?”

“Unfortunately yes,” He laughed. “I kind of fell for her when I saw her walked passed me.”

“Ugh…”

“Let me guess, you saw her from the side only?”

“Yeah,”

“Oh Chanyeol,” Yoongi laughed out loud and shook his head. “Where did you see her?”

“I saw her near the border line of our kind and the werewolves’ side. I think she was with her pack. I remember seeing a tomboy with her.”

“Does she sort of have long black hair and it’s slightly wavy?”

“Yes.”

“That’s Krystal. Krystal Jung.”

“You know her?”

“Yeah,” He nodded. “She’s like the strongest female werewolf.” He grinned. “Though I wonder why she would be at the border line.”

 

“Krystal!” Her mother yelled as she sees her daughter zoning out again. “Geez what’s wrong with you these days? You’re always zoning out. Did something happen?”

“Mum,” Krystal turned to her mother and stared at her with dead serious eyes. “How do you know if someone is your mate?”

“Well you feel that certain connection towards that person and – wait, are you telling me you’ve found your mate?” Her mother asked and a wide smile.

“Yeah,” She whispered, not knowing how to tell her mother that her mate is a vampire.

“Who is he?”

“Well,”

“Well?” Her mother leaned in.

“You’re so going to be against it so I think there’s no point in telling you.” She rolled her eyes and was about to get up when her mother pushed her back down to sit.

“Your sister’s mate was a vampire, you know?”

Krystal widened her eyes. “Are you serious? How come you never told me?”

“I thought you weren’t interested in Jessica’s mate?” She eyed Krystal and then gasped as she came to realisation. “Is your mate… a vampire?”

Krystal nodded and pouted. “I don’t know how to approach him. I can’t just go up to him and tell him that he’s my mate.”

“Who is he?”

“Chanyeol…” She mumbled with a shy smile.

“You mean, Prince Chanyeol?” Her mother’s eyes widened.”

“What about Prince Chanyeol?” Jessica asked as she came into the living room with her mate. “Did you say Chanyeol? Is he your mate?”

Krystal nodded.

“Ah, so that’s why I’ve been seeing you walking around near the border line.” Jessica’s mate chuckled. “Ah forgive me, how rude of me.” He slightly bowed to Krystal. “My name is Jinki, your sister’s mate and is a vampire.”

“Hello,” She replied and bit down onto her lips.

“I see, your mate is Prince Chanyeol.” Jinki said with a sigh. “The Prince had never once gotten into a real relationship.”

“Why is that?” Krystal asked as she tilted her head in confusion.

“We are vampire’s dear. Vampires don’t have a heart to beat but we are not as heartless as a demon. Though Yoongi proved that wrong,” He chuckled. “Chanyeol, I’ve seen him walking around the border line as well. It may be a sign Krystal.”

“Really,” She asked with a pout. “I don’t know. What if he was looking for someone else?”

“Then you’ll have to find out my dear.” Jinki smiled and tousled her hair. “Jessica did that as well,” He nodded over to Jessica who flushed red.

“I did not.” She protested and looked away with a pout.

“I guess it’s worth a try.” She shrugged.

Three weeks. It has been three weeks since Chanyeol and Krystal have been secretly meeting each other during the night. It was the only time when Chanyeol can be free from security guards, the maids, the servants, his brothers and his parents. As for Krystal, she could be away from her pack who kept on asking who her mate was which irritated her but she could understand her friends. She was the only one who found a mate.

“Yeollie-oppa,” Krystal silently squealed when he carried her up and spun her around with a big goofy smile.

“I missed you baby girl,” He puckered his lips up. Krystal smiled shyly before bending down and kissed him on the lips. “I would never imagine I would be your mate. It really made things easier for me.” He chuckled and gently put her down.

“What do you mean?”

“Aigoo, have you forgotten already?” He pinched her nose with a smile. “Ever since I saw you with your pack, I’ve been thinking about you only. Only you,” He pulled her closer and hugged her. “I love you Krystal baby.”

Those three words and how he would call her Krystal baby had always melted her. She smiled up at him and tippy-toed up to peck him on the lips.

“I love you too.” She confessed, her face flushed as she looked down and played with the end of Chanyeol’s shirt.

“You’re just too cute.”

Just as Chanyeol was about to lean down and kiss her again, a twig snapped in half, startling the two as Chanyeol twirled around with panic. He widened his eyes when he saw his mother.

“M-Mother,” He stuttered as he tried to hide Krystal behind him.

“Chanyeol, what are you doing here in the middle of the night?”

“I-I…”

Krystal peeked out from behind and sighed. She knew it was forbidden but if they hid it from his parents any longer, their relationship may not be accepted. She stepped out from behind Chanyeol and bowed.

“Greetings your highness,” She bowed.

“My my, you were meeting with a werewolf?” She chuckled.

“You’re… not angry at me?” Chanyeol whispered in shocked.

“Why would I be honey?” She approached Krystal and smiled. “Chanyeol is your mate?”

“Yes.” Krystal replied as she tried to keep calm.

“There’s no need to be so afraid sweetheart.” She chuckled. “I’m glad to see Chanyeol like this. After all, his relationships had never lasted long.”

“Mother,” Chanyeol exclaimed and face palmed. “You don’t have to tell her that.” He sighed. “Are you really not angry with me? I mean, I snuck out of my chamber, in the middle of the night just to see Krystal.”

“If you are happy, then I am happy Chanyeol.” She smiled.

“But it’s forbidden.” They both whispered.

“Love is stronger that the laws and rules. If the both of you love each other dearly, then nothing will break you apart.” She hugged Krystal and smiled. “Call me mother okay?” Krystal widened her eyes, making the queen giggle. “You’ve found someone cute Chanyeol.” She turned back to Krystal. “Love him lots okay Krystal?”

“Yes.” She smiled shyly. “Mother,”

“Now enjoy your night. If you are to tell your father about this, remember you have me as your supporter okay?”

“Thank you mother,” They both said and gazed at each other.

The queen smiled and left, feeling happy that her youngest son has finally found someone he loves. She was more worried about her husband. Would he accept it? She thought.

“Are you going to tell your father?”

“I have to but I won’t let him break us apart. I don’t think I’ll be able to handle you being sad.” He leaned down and kissed her forehead. “Goodnight baby girl.”

Chanyeol waved back to Krystal and watched her walk back to her house before he teleported back into his room. After washing up and changing into his pyjamas, he lets out a sigh of content.

*I really have never felt this happy before.* He thought with a smile as he closed his eyes. *Father, please, I hope you approve of our relationship, even if it is forbidden.*

A few days later, Chanyeol had confronted his father about Krystal and just as he thought, his father didn’t take it very well.

“WHY?” Chanyeol shouted as his eyes teary as he glares at his father angrily. “I love her and there’s no way I’m leaving her. Mother approves of her so why can’t you?” He clenches his fist. “TELL ME WHY!” He raised his voice as he angrily threw flame balls everywhere.

“PARK CHANYEOL,” The king hollered, his eyes glowing red. “Enough.”

Chanyeol gritted his teeth, his eyes full of hatred as he glared at his father. “If you do not approve of our relationship, I will not become the king.” He stalked out of the king’s chamber, slamming the door behind him.

“Honey,” The queen said as she shook her head. “Why didn’t you approve of their relationship?” She couldn’t understand her husband. “You approved Yoongi and Jinki’s relationship. Not only them, you’ve also approved of Yoochun’s relationship, so why not Chanyeol?”

The king sighed and slumped down onto the bed, his wife joining beside him as she placed her hands on his shoulders.

“Tell me why?” She observed him and smiled sadly. “The two of them really love each other. I’ve never seen Chanyeol this happy. He was never the type to be dedicated to a girl for long, but Krystal has changed that. He’s her mate and he loves her more than anyone else. You wanted Chanyeol to be happy and he is happy with Krystal.”

“You don’t understand,”

“Tell me so that I can understand.”

“Chanyeol is targeted. If he announces his relationship that he’s with a werewolf, she’ll be in danger.”

“Then you could have told Chanyeol the reason.”

“You know how he is. He’s even more stubborn that Yoochun. He’ll do anything to protect the ones he loves.”

“I understand, but you’ll have to tell Chanyeol the reason. If you tell him, he’ll understand. It’s better than having him think you don’t approve of his relationship. I know you don’t want it to happen to him like it happened to Hyungshik.”

“I know.” He sighed and rubbed his temples. “I’ll go tell him.”

The queen smiled and chuckled as she glanced at the door. “I don’t think there’s a need.” She waved her hands, the double doors opened and Chanyeol stumbled in.

Chanyeol stood their awkwardly as he had never once show any anger towards his father. Today was the first and he didn’t know what to say. He felt stupid and guilty for blowing up at his father and didn’t even bother to listen to his reasons.

“Sorry,” He mumbled and looked everywhere but his father.

The king softens and stood up. He walked over to Chanyeol and pulled him into a hug. “No, I’m the one who should be sorry.” He patted Chanyeol’s head. “I should have told you the reasons first.”

The king pulled back and smiled at his son; his youngest son who he is so proud of. To him, Chanyeol is the perfect son in his eyes. Of course, Yoochun being the eldest already found something else he liked doing than ruling the kingdom. He and his girlfriend are married with a daughter of four years old. He’s happily living in the forest just behind the kingdom as he and his girlfriend loves the outdoor and nature.

The second eldest is Kyung and rather than having a normal girlfriend, he has a boyfriend. He was more into boys than girls and his father found it weird but nonetheless accepted his relationship with Jiho. Kyung, too, had no interest in taking over the kingdom and his father wouldn’t even think twice about letting Kyung be the king. The second youngest was Jisoo. Jisoo was too carefree and lazy so he was out of the line. Jisoo had always dreamt of becoming the king but never had the thought of actually becoming one. Chanyeol, being the youngest, he was always intelligent, smart, always looking forward in learning something new and his father thought that he was be the one next in line to take over his title.

“So… Do I get to be with her?” He asked as he finds his father staring at him.

“You’ll protect her right?”

“Of course,” He smirked.

“No matter what happens to you or to her.”

Chanyeol looked at him. “Who do you think I am father? There’s no way I’ll let Krystal be in danger, and speaking of Krystal,” He grinned. “I have to go meet her now. Bye!” He bolted off before his father could say anything.

“See?” The queen chuckled. “If you told him in the first place –”

“I know.” He laughed. “Krystal must be an angel to have Chanyeol so in love with her.” He smiled as he closed his eyes. “I’ve never seen him this happy. If Yoochun or any of those three were here, they’ll be happy.”

“They will.” The queen said with a loving smile. “That girl is such an angel.”

 

“Krystal!” Chanyeol hollered as he looked everywhere for her. “Where the hell is she?”

He was at the border line. He would actually go over to the werewolf’ side, but he doesn’t know if Krystal has told anyone one from her side that her mate was a vampire. He tousled his hair in frustration before he called for Khalie.

“Fly up Khalie,” He said as he hopped on, his eyes full of worry. “We’re going to find Krystal.”

Khalie lets out a scream before taking off. As Khalie flies above the forest from the sky, Chanyeol was beginning to get anxious.

*She’s going to be okay.* He thought to himself. He closed his eyes and snapped them open when he heard Khalie’s cry for his attention.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

Khalie looked down and lets out another cry, making Chanyeol look down. Chanyeol gasps as he sees Krystal and her pack surrounded by a group of out casted vampires. Just as they were about to attack them, Chanyeol lets out a roar as he jumps off Khalie, who also swooped down and attacked the vampires.

His eyes glistened red in anger as he bares his fangs at them, telling them it’s a warning if they dare hurt Krystal and her pack.

“So it’s true?” One of them asks.

“What good will it bring if you hurt her?” Chanyeol dangerously snarls at the six of them.

“To think the Prince would fall in love with a werewolf.” The others laughed as Krystal frowned as her pack looked at her.

“I will not let you hurt her.”

“We’ll see about that.”

“Try me Kwangmin,” He hissed. Before Chanyeol could do anything, the six were trapped as vines wrapped around their bodies and the thorns piercing into their skin.

“Chanyeol, are you okay?”

Chanyeol looks up as his eyes slowly return back to brown. “Hyungshik-hyung…?” He questioned.

“Go one over to her. I’ll take care of these guys.” He nodded over to the six that were struggling to get free.

Chanyeol nodded and jogged over to Krystal. He convinced to her and to her pack and they should go back to the border line. Once they got to the border line, Krystal’s pack kept glancing at Chanyeol who still seemed to be worried over the fact Krystal is still shocked.

“Are you okay?” He asked softly as he wraps his arms around her waist and pulled her closer.

“I’m okay,” She whispered softly.

“Did they hurt you?” She shook her head as Chanyeol lets out a sigh of relief. “Judging by the looks of your pack is giving me, you didn’t tell them?”

“Tell us what?” Amber, the tomboy werewolf asked.

“That I’m her mate?”

“You are her what?” They all exclaimed with wide eyes.

Chanyeol chuckled at their reactions. “You should have told them; otherwise they wouldn’t have this type of reaction.”

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Song Qian, the leader of the pack asked as she crossed her arms across her chest.

“I thought you’d be against it.”

“He’s your mate, why would we be against you and your mate?” Amber asked. “We can’t control or change who our mates are.” She said with a grin. “So how far have you gone..?” Both Chanyeol and Krystal blushed.

“We’ve only kissed… so far.” Chanyeol mumbled, and then he remembered what his father said. “Krystal, do you want to meet my father?”

“Your father…?” She widened her eyes. “Are you sure?”

“He accepts us.” He smiled and then turned to her pack. “Would you guys like to come as well?”

“Do you mean like we’ll be in the kingdom?” Sulli asked with her eyes sparkly.

“Yeah,” He chuckled. “You might even find your mate there.” He playfully winked at them.

“We’re in~” They chorused as Krystal shook her head and giggled at her pack.

 

Back in the kingdom, in the king’s throne room was Chanyeol, Krystal and her pack. They were waiting for the king to arrive as the girls were nervous to meet the king. Krystal was more nervous out of them since she would be meeting her father-in-law.

The double doors squeaked open as the five of them stood up. Chanyeol chuckled at their reaction when his father came inside with his mother beside him.

“Oh, Krystal honey,” The queen beamed with a big smile. “You’re here.” She chuckled and went over to her, purposely pushing her son to the side.

“Mother,” Chanyeol exclaimed with a pout and rolled his eyes after. “You don’t have to be… that stiff you know? It’s not like my father is going to attack you or anything.” He chuckled, pushing his mother out of the way and back hugged Krystal.

“Father, this is Krystal.” He said as he looked down at her with soft and loving eyes as he smiled at her. Krystal returned the smile as his mother squealed at the scene in front of her while the rest of the pack cringed at their youngest wolf. “She’s the angel I fell in love with.”

“So I finally have another daughter-in-law?” He asked with a playful smile. “Are you her pack?” He turned to the four wolves.

“Yes.”

“There’s no need to be formal. Krystal is now part of my family, so the four of you are also part of the family. You may come here anytime you like.”

 

Hours later, Krystal was in Chanyeol’s chamber as the four had gone back to their home to announce the happy news to other wolves.

Sitting on the bed was Chanyeol as Krystal sits in between his legs and her back leaning back against Chanyeol’s chest.

“Did you really fall in love with me at first sight?”

“Yes, although I only saw you from the side.” He chuckled. “That time, I really thought I saw an angel and I was determined to make the angel fall in love with me.” He gazed down at her as Krystal looked up, smiling at him with her eye smile. “I never knew the angel was a werewolf and is the strongest female werewolf. I never knew that I would be her mate and now, the angel is here with me. I love you.” He whispered and leaned down to kiss her. “I will say that as many times and I mean every word. You’re my angel Krystal Jung. I love you. Will you be my girlfriend and be with me forever?”

“Yes,” She smiled again and stretched her neck to kiss him back, and then she pulled back. “I love you too.”