Chapter Four: Take My Picture, Love

Silence

Sooyoung’s POV

 

Sooyoung has already been having quite the terrible day. First, there was that Taeyeon girl walking in on her and Jessica last night, not to mention the little ‘present’ she proceeded to spew all over their floor. She let that go though; even though she received not just the most terrifying of threats, I mean, how dare Hyoyeon threaten food against her, but a dish of ice cold water splashed on her bare body as punishment; because she knew the girl was sick and most likely frightened from waking up in Hyoyeon’s home without knowing how she got there. Then there was the shower incident this morning, earning her another sharp scolding, this time from her girlfriend. Sooyoung was already irritable from last night’s events and then having to wake up so early to accompany Jessica to her photo shoot continued to sink her mood even further, but she does admit that she deserved to be reprimanded. Sooyoung has known Hyoyeon for a considerably long time, though not nearly as long as Jessica, and knows better than to be so rough with the blonde’s body. She attempted to make up for it by giving some of her usual share of breakfast to Taeyeon, because Sooyoung isn’t blind and can tell that Hyoyeon is rather taken with the girl, even if Hyoyeon can’t, but that just resulted in making her even more morose from hunger. And now she has to watch as that ert photographer gawks at her girlfriend, which makes the other day’s tortures feel like a scrape in comparison to this gaping wound he’s creating. Sooyoung knows her girlfriend is beautiful. She knows that she’s so incredibly lucky because Jessica could have anyone, man or woman, but she chose Sooyoung. And maybe that’s what’s making her so furious. People know they are dating. Stylists, parents, their fans, and photographers alike, they all know that Jessica and Sooyoung chose and belong to each other and that’s what makes his obvious display of unseemly affection for the model so infuriating. It’s like he is blatantly disregarding their choices and Sooyoung’s claim on her. Sooyoung has been in similar situations before. She’s had men completely ignore her presence, claiming that they want to make a real woman out of Jessica, as if Sooyoung hasn’t already about a couple thousand times, give or take, and that she should stop this nonsense and find a man to marry and have children with. On most occasions, their bodyguard Siwon swill step in. Siwon is broad shouldered and muscular but he’s also so incredibly sweet and has never failed to stick up for the girls and keep Sooyoung from ruining her reputation and beating the wretches to a bloody pulp. But, because this is a closed shoot and supposedly a safe environment, Siwon is off today, leaving nothing standing between Sooyoung and smashing a multi-thousand dollar camera in the ’s skull. But she did promise to play nice, because she really does hate having to argue with Jessica, so in lieu of that she has decided to raid the staff craft table. She smiles, knowing there can be great satisfaction in small revenges, as she takes another bite of his super special imported cheeses that no one else is supposed to touch because he gets grumpy when he doesn’t get his brie, apparently. She doesn’t really understand what makes them so delectable to him but it feels good to devour the entire plate with him standing mere feet away. She catches Jessica’s eye as the older girl turns into another pose and smiles warmly at her. Jessica smiles in return and the ert says something encouraging, she supposes, but honestly, it’s pretty hard to focus on anything else when Jessica looks at her like that. Sooyoung sets down the plate and walks over to the area beside the displays, taking the chance to monitor Jessica’s photos as they appear on the screen. Jessica has always been a fantastic model and the two have done multiple shoots together so Sooyoung can tell something is wrong with these photos almost instantly. Her usual smile has been replaced with one that is strained and uncomfortable. Her eyes are hidden behind the multiple pairs of sunglasses they’ve been using throughout the day but she can tell that Jessica’s brow is knit with frustration. Jessica is always conscious of her expression when modeling and Sooyoung can tell that she is getting upset with herself over this. She thinks back to the photographer because if he makes Sooyoung uncomfortable, she can only guess how Jessica must feel on the other side of the lens. Jessica had defended the ert this morning but he is being particularly deviant today; degenerate comments, lecherous gazes, inappropriate physical contact, and maybe it’s finally getting to her. Sooyoung almost says something to him because she’s honestly reached her boiling point and she is surprised that she has managed to keep her cool this long, but someone out of sight calls for a lunch break and he departs, but not before making a masked erse comment that makes Sooyoung’s skin crawl, leaving Jessica to smile awkwardly as he exits.

“Hey babe, you okay?” Sooyoung asks as she uncaps a bottle of water and passes it to Jessica.

“Yeah, fine. Just a little out of it I guess,” she takes a sip of the water and sets the bottle on the table.

“Jess, how long have we known each other?”

Jessica tilts her head for a moment, pulling the memory from the far recesses of her mind. “A little over ten years,” she answers.

“And how many of those years have we been dating exactly?”

Jessica appears confused by the question at first but she decides to humor her girlfriend, realizing that there must be some point to these questions.

“Six of them, you know that.”

“I do know that,” she laughs, “Don’t you remember what I had planned for you last month? Dinner at your favorite place, I mean besides Hyoyeon’s, dancing in the restaurant’s ballroom, despite my two left feet, and then, well you know what came after that.”

Jessica takes her bottom lip between her teeth because yeah, she definitely remembers that. “Yes I do, and it was very lovely and thoughtful of you and I enjoyed every second of the evening, but why ask then?”

“Because, I need you to remember that more than anyone, I know you. I may not know everything yet and maybe I never will, but I would be a terrible girlfriend if I couldn’t tell that you were upset. I saw the photos and they looked like crap Jess.”

“Gee, thanks,” Jessica groans, her lips falling into a supple pout.

“Hey, you know that’s not what I mean,” Sooyoung leans in to brush her lips against Jessica’s cheek before stopping by her ear. “I know he’s upsetting you,” she whispers, “and you don’t have to take it. He’s replaceable, you’re not. If you want him gone, you know you just have to say the word.”

Sooyoung can feel Jessica’s chest shaking in broken sobs but she knows how incredibly vain Jessica can be so she holds back tears from falling since it would ruin the girl’s strenuously applied makeup. “Hey, don’t cry. It’ll be okay, he can’t do anything to you, especially not with me around.”

“I’m not crying you idiot.”

Sooyoung laughs and she can feel some of the tension fading from Jessica’s body. “I know princess, you would rather die than let anyone see you with your makeup running. Now, is there anything I can do to cheer you up?”

“Well, you weren’t wrong about the photos being crap,” she laughs a little and Sooyoung feels her chest warming.

“And how would you like me to fix that?”

“You were big into photography in high school right? And the equipment is just lying around.”

“Are you implying what I think you are Miss Jung?”

Jessica nods enthusiastically, taking the ert’s camera and placing it in Sooyoung’s grip. “Take my picture, love.”

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

“All right Taeyeon, we have a choice of three places to go. We can either go home and start unloading your stuff, go to the coffee shop and wait for Seohyun’s shift to end, or head to my restaurant and help Krystal with the delivery. Which do you want to do?”

As much as Taeyeon would enjoy going back to the coffee shop; the calming atmosphere, the smell of freshly ground coffee beans and caramel, the allure of Seohyun’s piano and its melody, she has been dying to see Hyoyeon’s restaurant since the first mention of it early this morning. She’s only tasted Hyoyeon’s cooking once and can only imagine what amazing dishes the blonde can create in a real chef’s kitchen.

She reaches for her phone to relay the message and Hyoyeon nods with that beautiful, maybe a tad too mischievous smile, before starting the car and speeding off. The drive is a little quieter than last time and Taeyeon can easily imagine why. They had just visited Taeyeon’s ex-girlfriend’s house, just think of how uncomfortable that made Hyoyeon. Watching Taeyeon move through the house like a spirit, something that did and didn’t quite belong in the lavish apartment. Her things were there but they too held a ghostly silhouette in the house. They were out of place, like a relic of the past in the modern day. Now everything was packed away, sealed in boxes and bags in the back of this car. It’s strange though. As Taeyeon continued to remove the items, it was almost as if they became more real, as if they knew they were going somewhere they would be welcome, even if it was only a temporary arrangement. She could envision her possessions fitting into Hyoyeon’s home. The posters clinging to every wall instead of being hidden away in a separate room, her clothes filling her own closet instead of being shoved to the side by a quantity of designer clothing that even a model would find excessive, but especially the music. Music that Taeyeon enjoyed, whether it was of her own creation or another’s, being played somewhere where she doesn’t have to close the door and keep the volume low. She feels light, happy even. She feels what she supposes freedom feels like.

“Tae, you alive over there?”

Hyoyeon’s eyes are still focused intently on the road but her fingers are drumming Taeyeon’s thigh, creating a steady rhythm as she moves them up and down.

Taeyeon nods but, realizing Hyoyeon isn’t looking, she affirms by taking Hyoyeon’s hand from her thigh and squeezing it firmly. The blonde’s lips pull into a smile and Taeyeon notices a feeling of warmth in her chest; unfamiliar, but welcoming.

“Good to know. I mean, I know you’re quiet and all but I didn’t know you were such a daydreamer. I was just going to tell you that the traffic is moving pretty slowly so we’re going to be sitting here for a while. Why don’t you grab one of your CDs from the back? I’m sure it will help pass the time.”

Yes! I get to show Hyoyeon my awesome music collection.

Taeyeon reaches into the backseat and pulls one of the boxes into her lap. The first one she opens is filled to the brim with t-shirts and she curses herself for not thinking of labeling the boxes before closing them up and putting them in the car. She takes the tape from the console and reseals the box before putting it back in the seat and picking up another one. This time she rattles the box first. The contents are silent and heavy so she assumes it’s more clothing and moves on to the next one. The next box is much heavier than the last and the contents inside shift and bang together when she shakes the box so she decides this one is worth opening and cuts the tape on the lid. Thankfully, this box is completely full of the sought after CDs; otherwise she may have had to subject herself to climbing over the boxes and into the trunk.

“Found them?” Hyoyeon asks, obviously amused at Taeyeon’s struggling.

Taeyeon drums her fingers along the side of the box eagerly as she starts removing the various discs from the container.

Let’s see, Shinhwa? No. Beyoncé? Normally yes but not now. H.O.T., G.O.D., Fin.K.L, lots of acronyms in the 90s, maybe something more current. I’ve got a lot of ballads for practice but Hyoyeon seems like she’s more into dance music. Ugh, why do I have so little dance music? Well, I guess this will do. I bought this for that one song but I’m sure she’ll enjoy the rest.

They’re at a stoplight so Taeyeon taps the album on the steering wheel to get Hyoyeon’s attention.

“Rihanna? I pegged you as more of an emotional ballad kind of girl. Let me guess, either you’re an incredibly mysterious woman and I’ve so far barely even broken the surface of the cavernous pool that is your emotional depth or you figured that ballads aren’t really my thing and you want to be polite. One tap for the former and two for the latter?”

Taeyeon taps the steering wheel twice and the two laugh before Hyoyeon takes the disc from between her fingers and slides it into the player.

“All right, to be fair we listen to something you want to listen to next. Whatever cheesy love songs or, dare I say, filthy rap songs you could have hiding in that box of yours. I want to learn what you like okay?”

Taeyeon nods in affirmation, that warm feeling from earlier spreading in a strange way that she’s not sure she’s felt before, or at least not for a very long time, and begins riffling through the box for the next disc.

 

Jessica’s POV

 

“And you’re positive we aren’t going to get in trouble for this?” Sooyoung asks as she continues to set up the necessary equipment.

“No, but doesn’t that make it all the more exciting?” Jessica laughs, sorting through the sunglasses left by the designer on the table.

“Of course, I just don’t want you to get fired and black balled by the modeling industry. If you can’t afford to buy me food anymore I might just have to find another girlfriend.”

“Yah!” A sunglasses case flies across the shooting area and hits Sooyoung in the spine. “If I go down I’m taking you with me.”

“Yes princess, anything you want. Besides, we could always just mooch off of Hyoyeon till we die. As long as we don’t piss her off that is.”

“We?” Jessica laughs.

“Fine, me. As long as I don’t piss her off we’ll be fine. She won’t let us starve.”

“Is everything ready over there?” Jessica asks, choosing a pair of black frames to accent her white dress and heels.

“All set babe, whenever you’re ready.”

All right Jess, just breathe. You’ve got this. It’s not that creep looking at you anymore. This is Sooyoung, your friend, your girlfriend, the love of your life. There’s nothing to be nervous about. He’s not here, no one else is. It’s just you and Sooyoung.

“Ready.”

Jessica can already feel the weight of the man’s gawking lifting from her shoulders, replaced by Sooyoung’s loving gaze that fills her with a sense of calm and reassurance. Sooyoung is steady, she’s constant, she’s what keeps Jessica sane. If anyone can capture Jessica’s beauty, her smile, her warmth, it’s Sooyoung.

“These look really good Sica. Do you want to keep going?”

“Come here,” Jessica beckons.

“What? Why?” Sooyoung asks, bemused by Jessica’s request.

“Because you’re too far away. I want you right here.”

“Sure thing, love.” Sooyoung bends to put down the camera but Jessica shakes her head and motions her forward again.

“Set it on a timer. I want to take some pictures with you.”

“But I’m not on the contract. Our manager is going to be pretty mad.”

“You worry too much. Besides, they aren’t even going to use these pictures. I just want some photos with you. I want you next to me. I need to feel protected, safe, like no one can hurt me.”

“Babe,” Sooyoung steps behind her girlfriend, wrapping her arms around her shoulders and pulling her close till there’s no space between them, “no one’s going to hurt you. Not with me around.”

“I trust you,” Jessica takes Sooyoung’s hand and kisses her knuckles gently, relishing the contact, the feel of Sooyoung’s skin against hers. “And you know trust comes hard for me.”
“I know princess. I know. So, let’s take those pictures.”

“Uh Soo, I think the camera’s been going off for awhile now.”

The camera flashes again and the two stare at it with bewilderment before bursting into laughter.

“I’ll definitely need a copy of those pictures. I need physical evidence of how much I can still make you blush.”

“I was not blushing! It’s not my fault that you’re all cute and being concerned about me and !” Jessica attempts to keep a stern face but it quickly melts into a smile as Sooyoung begins to lift her off the ground.

“Ah, so you think I’m cute when I’m concerned? Well then, I’m concerned that you haven’t been eating enough lately and that you sleep way too much. I’m also concerned that you don’t call your parents enough and that you’re working too much sometimes and should really take a break. So, how cute am I now?”

Jessica huffs in annoyance, still swinging her legs in an attempt to free herself.

“Tell me I’m cute and I’ll put you down.”

“Fine. I guess in a certain light and from a considerably distance some people may find you cute.”

“I’ll take that as  ‘no Sooyoung, I want to stay up here and never touch the ground again.’”

“That is so not what I sound like,” Jessica pouts.

“I’m waiting.”

“You’re cute,” Jessica whispers.

“What was that sweetheart? Couldn’t hear you all the way up here.”
“I said you’re cute!”

“Aww, how nice of you to say. You don’t look too bad yourself Miss Jung.”

“Down.”

“As you wish,” Sooyoung lets go abruptly, causing Jessica to land on her knees in front of her. “Well this looks familiar.”

“Shut up and help me up.”

“Yes ma’am,” Sooyoung bends down on one knee, scooping Jessica into her arms and pulling her up into the air.

“Not what I meant, but impressive none the less.”

“Thank you princess, I thought it would look lovely for the photos. Would you like to try some other positions?”

“Speaking of familiar,” Jessica laughs.

“You know what I meant.”

“Why don’t you go in the back and put something else on. We look kind of mismatched with you in casual clothing and me in a dress.”

“Back in a flash,” Sooyoung says, ducking behind the curtain and into the dressing room.

That girl, how can someone be annoying and charming at the same time? It’s like she’s got it down to a science or something.

Jessica flashes a look to the camera and smiles warmly. She has to admit she’s having fun, even if Sooyoung is being more dorky and spontaneous than usual. Soo is even missing lunch to do this for her, which in and of itself is an incredible feat.

“Is this okay?”

Sooyoung managed to find a pair of black dress pants in her size and while the button down shirt doesn’t quite tuck in all the way, it was the best one she could find. She assumes they’re expecting a male model later because she also found a black tie and fedora hanging from a rack in the back and decided that Jessica may like the duo on her.

“You look quite handsome Mr. Choi but did you happen to see my girlfriend back there? Tall, brunette, kind of annoying but really great at making me smile.”

“Can’t say I did,” Sooyoung strides toward Jessica before bending to take her hand and place a kiss on the back, “but I’m sure she wouldn’t mind if I kept you company for a little while.”
“Normally I’d have to say no, but you are quite handsome so I’ll gladly accept the invitation. Couldn’t find a mustache while you were back there Soo?” Jessica asks, ending the charade Sooyoung seemed to be enjoying so much.

“Well I tried growing one before I came back but my face is simply too vain to create anything that would cover its beauty. So do you like this or should I change?”

“You look beautiful in anything Soo. Now come on, we only have thirty more minutes to play,” Jessica takes Sooyoung’s hand and pulls her along, setting her up for a few poses. “Here, these sunglasses match mine.”
“Ah, matching couples stuff, like we don’t already have a million things like that,” Sooyoung laughs before sliding on the pair of shades and moving alongside Jessica. “Place me wherever you like, today I’ll just be your prop.”

“Follow my lead Mr. Choi.”
“I always do, Miss Jung.”

 

HyoTae’s POV

 

After being stuck in traffic for thirty minutes, Hyoyeon and Taeyeon finally pull into the parking lot of Hyoyeon’s restaurant. During an excessive stopping period, Hyoyeon had decided to invite Jessica and Sooyoung to join her and Taeyeon for dinner later tonight. She still needed time to help Krystal with the delivery and show Taeyeon around so she figures that they’ll be done just in time for their arrival. Taeyeon was lively as usual throughout the ride, constantly thumbing through the discs to show Hyoyeon her favorite songs on almost every album. Hyoyeon was right about Taeyeon’s affinity for ballads and laughed considerably upon finding Taeyeon’s secret rap collection. Mostly just Nicki Minaj, whom Hyoyeon adores and sung along perfectly to each song, much to Taeyeon’s amusement. There were also some Beyoncé albums but Taeyeon seemed intent on educating Hyoyeon about her absolute favorites so the queen bee only came up towards the end of the trip, leaving Hyoyeon still humming the lyrics to ***Flawless as they went inside.

“So, what do you think? I know it’s sort of small but it’s my first one and we are planning on expanding soon. We have just about anything you could want to order so I’m sure you’ll find something good and I’ll even make it myself if you want.”

Taeyeon nods throughout the conversation but Hyoyeon can tell that her mind is elsewhere. Her gaze is shifting back and forth, climbing up the walls, darting across the tables, and Hyoyeon grows considerably more nervous as Taeyeon’s eyes continue to flicker.

“Taeyeon? You there?” Hyoyeon snaps her fingers a few times in front of the older girl’s face, which seems to garner her attention. “I said do you like the place?  I mean it’s not anything fancy like I’m used to, what with that apartment you used to live in and everything bu-“

Taeyeon shakes her head and makes a gesture for Hyoyeon to shush. She pulls a piece of paper from her pocket and begins to scribble before passing it to Hyoyeon.

 

You don’t have to justify your restaurant to me Hyoyeon. I like it. Truth be told I’m not fancy like Tiffany either. This place is much more my style.

 

“All right,” Hyoyeon beams. “That’s great. Let me just go find Krystal and see if everything’s okay. You can go sit at the bar if you’d like or-“

Taeyeon scoots closer, her hand gripping the sleeve of Hyoyeon’s jacket.

“Or you can come with me. I’m guessing you don’t like being alone in weird places right?”
She nods.
“Try not to be nervous all right. Everyone’s a little anxious sometimes. Just stick with me and let me know if you don’t want to do something.”

Taeyeon nods again, her hand still attached to Hyoyeon’s sleeve but her grip a little more relaxed.

The two begin making a path towards the kitchen, some of the waiting staff offer a hello but most are much too busy to even notice their boss is passing right by. Hyoyeon’s gaze is moving along the line of tables but she knows she has nothing to worry about when it comes to her staff. But this restaurant is her baby and she can’t stop herself from being a little protective of it.

“Krystal? You back here?” Hyoyeon pushes through the kitchen’s double doors, making her way through the various machines and staff with Taeyeon close behind. “Krystal?”

“Just a second Hyo!”

The voice is muffled and distant so Hyoyeon continues until they’re at the back door of the kitchen.

“You back here Krys?” Hyoyeon bangs on the door a few times and calls again.

“Yeah, come out here and lend a hand.”

“Come on Tae,” Hyoyeon opens the back door, letting in the cold October air before the door slams shut.

“Hey boss,” Krystal envelops the girl in a sudden hug and, for some reason, Hyoyeon feels her eyes flicker to Taeyeon. “Can’t stay away for even one day can you? Oh, who’s this?”

“This is Taeyeon. She’s a good friend and a new roommate of mine.”

“New roommate? Did you tell her about the raging addicts you keep in there or are you omitting that until you get the first month’s rent check?”

They both look at Taeyeon as her cheeks flare with color and Krystal bursts into laughter.

“Oh, so she does know. Is she a watcher or something? You’re not running a brothel are you? Selling a peek at my sister for a few bucks? I don’t blame you. You’ll be rich within a week with how often those two do it.”

“Krys, I’m going to need you to stop with the talk before you give Tae an aneurism.”

“Weak tolerance? Is it even safe for her to live with you? She could die within a week.”

“I do have the power to hire and fire you know.”
“You wouldn’t fire me Hyo, I’m surprisingly good at my job,” Krystal swipes a hand over her face, changing her smile from mischievous to the overly polite kind she uses for the delivery men and customers. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Taeyeon, name’s Krystal. I can tell by the way you look like you’re about to pass out at the mention of between Hyoyeon’s roommates that you’ve met and seen my sister, Jessica. Yeah,” Krystal runs a hand through her hair and laughs, “she’s a handful. But she’s my big sis so I gotta be respectful. Just wear a blindfold when you walk around and don’t open any doors without knocking and you should be fine. So how’d you guys meet?”

“Hey, you gonna sign for this or not?” A large man hops out of the bed of the truck, a clipboard in his hand and an annoyed expression on his aged features.

“Guess I’ll have to find out later. I’ll go talk with him and you start with the boxes,” Krystal begins to walk off but she turns to face Hyoyeon, her expression more serious than normal. “Remember, nothing too heavy and if it hurts you need to stop.”

“Thanks for the info mom, any other helpful tips?”

“Yeah, date girls like Jessica and I so you can’t get pregnant!”
“Krystal!” Hyoyeon yells but the dark haired girl has already run off. “Geez, that kid’s mouth is worse than her sister’s. Sorry about her Tae. She’s really sweet, just a little inappropriate, runs in the family I guess. So, do you think you can help or would you rather wait for me inside?”

Taeyeon grabs a slip of paper from her pocket and scribbles on it.

 

I want to stay with you.

 

“Thanks Tae, you’re really a big help. How about you get on the truck bed and pass them down to me and then we’ll bring them all inside once the truck’s empty? When Krystal gets her lazy back here she can help.”

Taeyeon nods and climbs into the back of the truck. There are about twenty boxes in the back but some of them look a bit too big for Taeyeon to handle by herself so she starts with the small ones, passing them down carefully as Krystal’s warning plays back in her head.

She doesn’t want to push Hyoyeon too hard, especially since she seems to often under exaggerate her pain.

Taeyeon’s muscles are sore from the earlier moving so she tries to go through the boxes more slowly in the hope that Krystal will be back soon. They get down to the ones that Taeyeon can’t lift by herself so she hands a note to Hyoyeon to relay the message.

“I’ll come up and help, shouldn’t be too hard with the both of us.”
“Oh no you won’t. You stay on the ground, Taeyeon and I will get them,” Krystal runs around from the front of the truck and hops up into the bed. “Thought you could do something like that with me around, silly Hyo-Hyo,” she ruffles the blonde’s hair and runs to the back of the truck before Hyoyeon can take her revenge. “So Taeyeon, lift on three alright? One, two, three.”

The two bring the few large boxes to the edge of the bed since Hyoyeon can’t get them down by herself before hopping off and shutting the cover behind them. With the boxes finally unloaded they begin moving them inside one by one, taking Krystal’s instruction for which freezer to drop them in.

About halfway through, Hyoyeon stops and heads over to a nearby wall, sliding down the back of it and stretching her legs out in front of her.

“Keep going Taeyeon. I’m going to go check on Hyoyeon. These all go into the back of freezer two. If you need directions just ask.”

Taeyeon nods and prays that she can find freezer two without assistance. The last thing she wants is to have to hand a note to a complete stranger.

“Hey, Hyo-Hyo, you alright?” Krystal bends down next to the older girl, sliding her fingers delicately over the girl’s thigh. “Does it hurt?”
“I’m fine Krys, just exhausted. I’ve had a rough few days and a little too much physical activity. Go help Tae, she’s probably tired too.”

“All right, I’m trusting that you’re not going to lie to me. Come inside soon, it’s cold out here.”

“Yes mom.”

“Hey,” Krystal ruffles Hyoyeon’s hair again before running off. “I’m much too hot to be anyone’s mom!”

“That kid, I swear.”

Hyoyeon watches as she disappears before touching her leg. The throbbing is dull, mildly painful at best, but she doesn’t want Krystal lecturing her with Taeyeon around.

She massages the leg up and down, flexing her ankle and calf in the rhythmic motions she learned in therapy. The pain ebbs until it subsides and she breathes a sigh of relief.

“Good to go.”

“Hyoyeon! I need foooooood! Hyo!”

Well, they’re here early.

“I’m coming.”

“Hey Jess, those words sound vaguely familia- Ow! Why’d you hit me?” Sooyoung whines, rubbing the spot on her head that Krystal had just smacked.

“Be thankful it was me and not Hyoyeon. You’re going to make Taeyeon sick with your erted nonsense.”

“Oh, you’ve met Taeyeon?” Jessica asks. “Where is she?”

“Probably still in the freezer, I’ll go get her. Oh, by the way sis, Hyoyeon’s leg is bothering her. Okay bye.”

“Krystal!”

And she’s gone. That kid has a knack for disappearing on me.

“What’s wrong with your leg Hyoyeon? You told me it was fine earlier.”

“Well we’ve done a lot of stuff since then Jess. It’s just sore from the moving and th-“

“Moving?” Sooyoung asks, her hand still pressed to her head.

“Yeah, she’s going to be moving in with us. I was going to tell you at dinner, which by the way Seohyun is coming to, but I didn’t expect to be bombarded with questions in the first five seconds of your arrival. So, how was the shoot?”

“Oh man, do we have a story to tell you guys,” Sooyoung laughs.