(desired) attention

Who We Are (YeolJong OneShot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

prompt by kuntumriri:

“what about jong who has to take care of his choding older neighbour who actually just wants his attention??”

 

a/n: i tried ma best but this is all i managed to make out of your prompt OTL

i hope you like it and give yeoljong lots of love!

 

btw, don't forget to throw prompts at me if you want~ i'm fine with everything!

- hanie

 

 

It had been a few months since Sungjong had moved into his new apartment but he already felt like moving again. When he visited some times before he finally decided to take it, it hadn’t been that noisy, but now, now he was a full-time babysitter for a boy that was actually older than him. He still remembered the first thing the owner told him.

“Watch over him. He’s a troublemaker and you seem nice enough to make him tune down his craziness.”

He should’ve been suspicious when the old man said that, but he wasn’t and that was were everything started to make him go insane. (Because his choding neighbor didn’t try to be normal, the tall boy got out of control the moment he laid eyes on Sungjong.)

 

 

“Jongiiiiiiieeeeee.”

He couldn’t breath and he felt like his bones were crushed.

“I’ve missed you sooooooooo much.”

He got swirled around and his stomach was a mess. “Y-yeol..” he pressed out, hoping to get the elder back to earth so his mind wouldn’t be spinning.

“Can I come with you when you go grocery shopping again?” Innocent eyes stared into his and he didn’t know why he felt strange.

“If you behave..” he mumbled because suddenly he got dizzy. “Ugh, stop now.”

Save and sound on the ground again, Sungjong breathed in and out a few times to calm himself from whatever he was going through.

“I’m sorry..”

“Don’t.” He should be the one acting cute not his neighbor. Why was he getting weak whenever that pout appeared?

The younger pressed his hand flat onto his face to prevent himself from seeing it. “Hmpfphhff.”

“Shut up and do your homework. I know you didn’t do it because you were busy waiting for me.” Sungjong really felt like a mother.

“Ai, ai, Captain!” Sungyeol saluted and marched back into his apartment, only to stick out his head a few seconds later to watch him unlock the door. “I’ll be coming over later, I’ve some news for you!” The elder disappeared again, leaving a confused boy behind.

“What news?” he wondered when he stepped into his warm and cozy home. But then he remembered he himself had assignments due that week and so her rushed to his room and got to work.

 

The bell rung when it was past nine. It was already dark outside and he thought Sungyeol coming over seemed more than just sharing news but he didn’t want to think about that again (feelings are bull when you had to be a babysitter).

He answered the door with his I’m-tired-but-feel-special-for-me-openening-the-door-for-you look and laughed at the pink outfit (if you could call that even an outfit) his neighbor wore.

“I’m a fairy, look!”

And he just couldn’t stop laughing at those small wings on his back and how they moved when Sungyeol swirled around. “Daebak!” he exclaimed.

 

They had a great time (it turned out that the taller just wanted to tell him what he’ll do when he’ll make it alive out of college and what he wanted to do when he got his first paycheck) but then, when they were laughing at the way Myungsoo always stares at Jiyeon and acts like an idiot in front of her, the elder said some things that completely took his smile away.

“My mother set me up on a blind date but I already know it’s Mijoo and I think it’ll turn out great.”

 

 

So, Sungjong was there, on that blind that, hiding behind his date.

“Jjong.”

“Jiae, not now.”

He wasn’t spying, he was just checking if his choding neighbor was doing bad. (But he wasn’t and that frustrated him. His friend slapped his hand for growling at her because that wasn’t something a gentleman did.)

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter