002

Boyfriend Number 2

In Manhattan, New York, USA

 

A girl with a wavy brown long hair, medium eyes, small lips, chubby cheeks, pale skin, wearing a sweater and distressed denim pants. She took her phone out of her pocket and press #1.

 

“When will you visit in here?” She began walking and talking to the other side of the phone.

“Why?”

“I’m bored. Dara eonni is not answering my call and YOU!!! You don’t even visit me.....”

“Do you remember the fountain where we fall accidentally?”

“Yeah, why would I forget that? That’s the most embarrassing moment we’ve done together.”

“Go there.”

“Why? It’s too far from where I am.”

“Run!!! Fast!!!...”

“Aiissshhh... I hate getting exhausted.” She ran to the fountain... It’s not far she’s just lazy and not in the mood to run. “I’m here, now what!?”

“Turn around.” When she turns around and saw him stunningly handsome. She ran fast toward and hugged him.

“I miss you.” She said hugging him tightly.

“I love you.” he kiss her on the forehead.

“I miss your husky voice, I miss your hug, and I miss every little thing of you.”

“Me too.” He kissed her while lifting her up.

“Let’s go home. I bake some cookies yesterday and I will bake a cake today. Help me okay?”

“Yes Mrs. Wu.” He put her down and intertwined their hands.

“I’m not Mrs. Wu. I’m Ms. Baek Jae-Ah q---”

“Future wife of Mr. Wu Yifan.” Kris cut her off and then continue

“You didn’t propose yet.” *bleh* 

“Just wait my Love.” He smiled at her.

“I’ll be patient to wait... When did you arrive?” She’s walking backward only to look at him.

“Today.” Kris just held her both hand in case she stumble.

“WHAT?! You need to sleep already... Did you bring your car?” She looked to his pockets to find the car key...

“Yes, why?” but Kris got the car key fast and lift it high so she can’t reach.

“I’ll drive...you sleep. Now give me the keys?”

“NO!! I’ll drive. Did you forget when you had a car accident?”

“Nope... I’ll drive smoothly... please...” *puppy face* “please... please...please...”

“No...You can’t make me agree with that. Jaeah I don’t want to happen it again to you...” Kris cupped her face.

“Hmpphh... It’s just a small accident...” she said in brittle voice.

“You’ve been Comatose for 6 months Jaeah. There’s a time that the electricity was out because of the storm. I just hold your hands, hug you, sleep beside you and wait for you to wake up.” Kris hugged her tightly.

“You didn’t tell me that....why?” she pushes him back and low her head.

“Because when that special day I woke up, feel your hands patting my head and hear you laughing because my breath tickling you. I don’t know what to feel or to do.” He said softly. Jaeah hug her in his waist and cry.

“I’m sorry... I didn’t know that... You should tell me... I won’t drive again...I promise...” Kris calm her and carry her to the car.

“We need to shop for the ingredients...” she said holding Kris ears while carrying her.

“Let’s just buy a cake...There is the cake shop! let’s buy!...” he walk to the shop and pick the Chocolate Crunch Mousse cake.

“You won't put me down?” She grab his collar.

“Nope. Get my wallet on my back pocket...” He said while looking at his back.

“No... I’ll pay.” Jaeah gave her credit card to the cashier; grab the cake and her credit card. Then Kris walk outside from the cake shop.

“You win this time because I’m carrying you...” he smiled, put her down and open the car door. Jaeah enter and Kris ran to the driver seat. He start the engine and drive.

 

“Can we go to the Beach after dinner?” She put her seatbelt on and look at him.

“Of course.” He said glancing at her.

“What do you like for dinner?” Jaeah said looking to the window.

“You.” He smirk.

“Gege I’m serious.” Jaeah punch her stomach.

“aaaa..”

“Wait...” she touch his stomach up to his chest. “Where are your baby fats?... Are you not eating?”

“No... I’ve been busy to my first movie... so I forgot to eat sometimes.”

“You’re gonna eat this whole cake okay? And my cookies too.”

“Yes Mrs. Wu.” He really likes calling her that.

“Stop calling me that!” she said in orotund voice.

“Why? You don’t like it?”

“No...” softly spoken voice.

“Why are your cheeks turning red?” Kris try to annoy her.

“Yifan, just drive.” She look at the window again.

“We have a deal if you call me on my real name....” he said in a flat voice

“I’m not kissing you.” she put her hand on her lips.

“Why? We have a deal... If you won’t kiss me I will kiss you while driving.”  He held her shoulder.

“Put your hands back to the wheel!!”

“Okay... You’ll win... I don’t want you to get hospitalized again.” she laughs and laugh... and annoy him while driving...

 

They arrive in Jaeah house. Kris got out of the car and walk straight to the house.

“Gege...”Jaeah pointing at the car door but Kris just lean on the door and not looking at her. She opens the car door and walk towards him. She tried to look on his eyes but he refused.

Jaeah about to walk out but Kris hold her arm and let her look at him. “Don’t annoy me again.” then he kiss her in the forehead.

 

“I’m sorry. Let’s go inside I’m freezing to death” Jaeah look at him.

“Jaeah, I’m hungry.” Kris hung his whole body to her.

“I’ll cook for you... your soo heavy.” Jaeah said while pulling him inside. She put the cake inside the fridge and took all the ingredients she needs. Kris just stay their hugging her in the back while she’s rinsing the chicken and soak the cup of sweet rice. Stuff the chicken with the sweet rice, a ginseng root, a few jujubes, and cloves of garlic.  Then boil the chicken over high heat for 20 minutes then medium heat for 40 minutes.

“You’re cooking Samgyetang. Why?”

“You need a lot of energy.”

“samgyetang is good for lunch only.”

“You don’t like it? I’ll cook something else.”

“No. I need energy now.”

“No no no... Your right is not for dinner.... I’ll cook you something.” She go to the fridge find some ingredients that's easy to make.

“Jaeah I’ll eat it.” Kris put back the ingredient she took and turn on the stove.

“You sure?”

“Yeah, it’s a long night.” he smirk.

“Yeah, were going to the beach. We’re going to play... Yey!!!” Jaeah jump and smile.

“You’re such a kid.” Kris holds her shoulder to stop her from jumping.

 

They eat dinner; play at the beach and cuddle in the bed looking at the glass roof where they can see the skies full of shining stars...