Final.

Choose

No one's POV:

"Youngjae-ah... let's go out to eat together..we never really talk to eachother anymore..or more like you never really talk to me anymore.."

"Yeh..erm..fine..dae..just- just wait till I finish this last match"

"But you've said that so many times now Jae.."

"Ehh.. just shhh, will ya? I'm gunna defeat the boss.."

"That's what you always say.."

"Daehyun stop talking.. you're distracting me.."

"See! You know sometimes I really feel like regretting ever giving that console to you.. you never hang out with me anymore.."

"What, do you mean?.. we hang out all the time."

"Yeah but.. with you always playing that stupid game, even when I'm around..."

"Look Daehyun, just shut up for a second."

"Funny.. that's the 15th time you said that for the last 5 minutes.."

Daehyun was regretting why he even gave Youngjae that stupid gaming cosole for his birthday. They rarely even talk anymore. Sure, they're by eachothers side 24/7 ,due to the fact that they live under the same apartment, but Youngjae, ever since Daehyun got him that console, seemed to stop  acknowledging Daehyun's presence.

Daehyun felt lonely.. he missed his bestfriend that once shared laughter and hugs with him everyday but now.. he's only left with the hallow shell of that Youngjae's former self.

"Youngjae let's go to a restaurant today.."

"Can't you just cook for us like you always do?"  Youngjae said, not even sparing a glanced to the now hurt Daehyun

"I don't feel like cooking for us anymore..I'm tired.. and I'm pretty sure you'll just play while eating and ignoring me.."

"Gahh! fine! let's go to a restaurant! "

"Don't bring the console."

"What-"

"Yoo Youngjae. Don't bring the damn console."

"Ughhhh! Why do you have to be such a pain in the a*s?!"

"Shut Your Mouth. Do as I say. 
I am Your hyung. Respect me."

Daehyun didn't want it to seem that way.. That he was using his age to have Youngjae in control. He always think that they both were equal but if it meant separating Youngjae from that console.. then it was a chance he was willing to take.

Youngjae said nothing as he sent flying daggers while putting the console on top of the table before slowly bowing down to Daehyun.

Daehyun felt guilty now.. He didn't wan't Youngjae to feel like he was inferior, he really didn't.. he always thinks of himself and Jae equally but he also needs to descipline the latter, and so by doing this, he will be? then so be it.

" Alright. I won't bring the console. Hyung."

"Jae-ah..I'm sorry, just- just get dressed then.."

"Okay, Hyung.."

Youngjae was super pissed but he wanted Daehyun to feel guilty,  so he just played the act.

Since it was winter, they decided to wear huge amounts of clothing and headed to a shop were they could get something warm to goggle up..
~~
In the midst of their walk, Daehyun put an arm around Youngjae's shoulder and held him close through out the entire time. He wanted to make Youngjae feel his sorry for the things he said but he was also trying to keep Youngjae close and warm like he always did. Youngjae on the other hand, wore a straight face. Not giving a care in the world on what Daehyun was even trying to do.

No words were shared through out their short journey. They ended up in a small restaurant that seemed to have the appropriate things to fill up their needs..
There wasn't really any other person there strangely, apart from the suspecious looking old man behind the counter..

They sat there, awkwardly staring at eachother whilst Daehyun tried to atleast come up with a conversation before their orders arrive. It wasn't like this before. They were never this uncomfortable with eachother's presence even before they became friends.. but now it was getting hard

"Youngjae, you should know I miss you.."

"..."

"The old you..my best friend.."

"...."

"It's like you don't even give a care in the world anymore..not even to me.."

Youngjae didn't give any sort of response

"You should understand why I said those things back then..I'm really sorry, but please... just try to understand.."

After seeing Youngjae not even picking up just a single sign of interest of what he was trying to prove, Daehyun stood up and excused himself to the bathroom..
The suspense was really too hard for him to handle

Youngjae sat there all by himself. Looking around for any signs of Daehyun peeping somewhere and found none. He slyly pulled out the console from his jacket. It had been nicely hidden in his huge bundle of clothes that he wore as Daehyun was busy changing his own clothes.

He turned the console on and resumed his previous unfinished match to keep his legacy of the Highest scorer and continue the quest of defeating the boss which has yet to be defeated by all the users internationally, and he hopes he can gain the title of being the first user to conquer the Boss's clear defeat history. 
As he was too caught up on playing, he didn't notice the Daehyun who was clenching his fists furiously standing right infront of him

"DIDN'T I TELL YOU NOT TO BRING THE DAMN CONSOLE?!!"

He scolded very angrily and it made his blood rose even higher when Youngjae just ignored his angry remark and pretended as if he was never there.

Daehyun was so fed-up, so so fed-up. So in Desperate attemp, he grabbed the console harshly from Youngjae's grasp

"HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! GIVE THAT BA-"

Daehyun ignored Youngjae's yelp and threw the console mercilessly on the ground and watch it as it broke into pieces.

Youngjae could feel the anger boil up inside of him and tears threatening to fall..  'All that hard work.. '

He gritted his teeth and clenched his fist

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! I WORKED SO HARD ON THAT!!
I HATE YOU SO MUCH JUNG DAEHYUN! JUST GO KILL YOURSELF ALREADY!!" 
That was the last thing he said before storming out of the restaurant leaving Daehyun heart broken.

The words hurt Daehyun's heart like a thousand knives targetted unto it. 
Warm water rolled down his cheeks as he broke down on his knees and Shakily picked the broken pieces by hand while sobbing

"W-what have I done?!"

-------
Youngjae stormed off the icy ground of winter and swore as much as he wanted as he let his tears do whatever they want instead of halting them. All his dedicated hard work was now in broken shattered pieces, and thanks to no other than Jung Daehyun.. He would sleep late just to maintain his record but it was all a waste.. Rage took his mind eagerly, so much he just wanted to jump of a cliff.

As he was walking through the park, he came across a familiar old man that made him halt his tantrum

"What do you want?! leave me alone!"

Youngjae halfly yelled between his sobs

"That wasn't a good thing you did back there.."

The old man 
retorted

"You saw tha- whatever. it doesn't matter."

"You shoudn't have said those things to your friend. You don't know how sensitive other people are."

"I don't care! Why are you even here?! aren't you suppose to be working at that restaurant?! Did you follow me here?!  Creep."

"Listen, boy. if I gave you an option between Daehyun and that console? which one would you choose?"

"Console of course.. For all I care you can just wipe Daehyun's existance, if you're some sort of wizard. I don't care about him..  well atleast not anymore."

"You'd choose a device over your friend? are you sure about that?"

"More than sure. I wish Daehyun never existed in the first place.. he's nothing more than a pain in the a*s for me.."

everything went quiet and it suprised Youngjae that the old man was no longer there. Like he just vanished but he just shrugged it off and continued walking to reach home..

Something sent shivers on his spine.. something was off..

"Becareful what you wish for..."

----
As he arrived at home, he was met with a dark empty apartment. He ran to there shared room, locked the door and burried himself in bed.

I hate you Jung Daehyun. I really really hate you.

He turned the lights out by mercilessly pushing the lamp off the bedside table. It shatterd to pieces and it brutally reminded him of his broken console. He force shut his eyes closed and curled in to a ball. Time flied by too fast as he was spending it chanting a mantra of curses and rage adrenaline but the more he did. The more he was slowly giving away to slumber and the next thing he knew it, he fell asleep.

The next morning wasn't so kind to him. He woke up with a heavy headache with the images that had occur yesterday flashing through his head. He got up from bed. A sudden jolt of pain made it'd way to his bare feet.. He looked down and saw blood sliding unto the floor and realization hits him that it was his blood. He forgot about the broken glass shards from the lamp he broke last night. He made his way lifelessly to the bathroom to clean up the wound and patched it up with a bandage. After doing so, he cleaned and threw away the shards.

"I feel like sh*t.."

he sat down on his bed and put on some warm clothes, cause it was freezing cold and he had no plans on freezing to death even if it means not taking a bath. He glanced at the calendar 
'February 10'

"Something's missing.."

He then remembered the cause if his dozziness.. Jung Daehyun..

He always greeted Youngjae a good morning..but it's not like Youngjae was expecting anything today, not after what had happened yesterday.

"He's probably sleeping on the couch.. I purposely locked the bedroom door so he must have slept on the couch.. serves him right.."

He was fully aware that the elder was probably freezing cold, afterall, The living room was pretty cold itself, plus the temparature drop of -10°C ..
Well he needed to take revenge somehow, right?

He made his way to the living room, suprised to see no one was sleeping on the couch

"...strange..."

He definitely wondered to where Daehyun was..

"He must have cooked breakfast for the 2 of us then... I'll check the kitchen..."

Indeed he did check the kitchen..but he was even more suprised to see no one there aswell, nor any signs of cooking activity or prepared food..

He Open the window curtains to see a heavy blizzard occuring

"He couldn't be outside.. could he?"

Theres no possible way that Daehyun could have been outside at such a weather.. Daehyun was an indoor type of person who always stayed in their apartment where it was safe and cozy.

He checked all the areas of their apartment, or apartment building as whole, but there wasn't a single sign of Daehyun.

He went back to his apartment room plopped down in bed, defeated.

"Why am I looking so hard for him. I did say I didn't care for him anymore, did I?"

He stared out the window.. the storm was starting to clear up

"He'll be back.."

And so he closed his eyes and took a nap that later turned into a long slumber.

He woke up from his dreamless sleep and looked at the clock.
It was already 2pm.. Exactly 7 hours since he slept..

"sh*t. I slept In.."

He glanced at the window to see the storm comepletely cleared

"Surely, Daehyun must be back now.."

He got up, and went directly to the living room, which implied 'Daehyun must be watching the Television like he always does..'
But to no avail, the living room had been the same way he left it. Unvisited and untouched.

"Maybe he cooked lunch?.."

He galloped to the kitchen.. Disappointment washed over his face when he was greeted by a empty kitchen, just the way he left it about 6 hours ago.

"Where could he be?.."

His former hatred for Daehyun had disintegarted to a horrible feeling if concern.

"He'll be back.."
and so he went back to bed to hibernate, not even caring about his growling stomach.

He woke up around Dawn and it was the same as always.. An empty apartment. He just hope Daehyun was warm.. with the temperature issue..it could have been impossible to not die out there if ever he was outside.

He waited up in the living room, knowing he couldn't go back to sleep anymore. He simply the television and ate the instant ramen he prepared. Daehyun always prepared food for both of them, but since he wasn't there at the moment, he decided to just go with instant. Easy to prepare, easy to eat. Youngjae didn't know how to cook so he didn't complain about what he was eating.

He watched T.V until the morning shortly came. 
He coughed a few sobs about the movie he was watching 'Over the garden wall, is NOT a happy cartoon'

He turned the T.V off and and glanced at the clock '7:30am '

He took a hot bath then changed into something warm again.

Youngjae sat by the window and watch as the snowfall slowly came to a halt. He layed his head by his 2 hands while staring out the glass.

"He must have been mad at me then.."

He clenched his hands into fists

"Well I'm mad at him too!"

His Fist slammed hard into the window plat form.

He took a moment of realization and relaxed his fist down as he rested his head down his now open calm hands whilst looking out the window, admiring the city view and simmering snow.

He closed his eyes and took a long exhale

"Daehyun.. where are you? "

and that's when he realized..

He missed him..

Youngjae swiftly got up and agressively pulled out all the clothes he needed to wear before going out searching for Daehyun outside.

After he securely assured himself of being ready, he Made his way out his Apartment and headed off randomly, not knowing where he was even going to look for Daehyun.

He explored every possible places Daehyun could have stayed in but to no avail, he has yet to find him.

It was freezing cold and he just hope that Daehyun could have atleast stayed warm. He himself was getting tired and shakily freezing.

He couldn't go back to His apartment now.. The street was way too clogged up of snow for any vehicle to drive in and his Apartment was way too far.. He had mentally scolded himself for not bring any hotpacks with him. This was one of those times where he felt completely lost and helpless. With his Bestfriend missing,  and teeth chattering, he doubt he could even bare it any second longer.

"I'm not worthy enough to call him my bestfriend..after all I did and said.. he must really hate me now.."

He sat down the park bench and stared at the ground. A thousand arrays of thoughts race through his head and all of them were for no other than Jung Daehyun. 
His thoughts were inturrepted with a vibration from his pocket.

He reached down and brought his Phone up.

It was from Himchan, One of his 5 bestfriends, Daehyun included.. He hasn't really heard a word from Himchan ever since they graduated the University. 'Maybe Daehyun's at Himchan's place', when that thought came, He immediately viewed the message

Himchan: Jae! Me and the guys are chillin down at my place, please come.. We'll have fun like we always do..

He didn't spend much time replying back, he only entered a "Ok, I'll be there", Before He jumped of the bench and ran. Himchan's house was nearer than his apartment. Very near. 
He needed to go see if Daehyun was there.

"Daehyun must have been in Himchan's house all this time.  He has to be."

---------
A few moments later, He arrived infront of Himchan's house.

He knocked on the door, and not a moment was lost when Himchan opened

"Oh! Youngjae! You made it!"

He hugged Youngjae tightly

"Of course I made it.."

"Still as sassy as ever, hmm? come in, you must be freezing"

They strolled down the hallway, and walked up the stairs to Himchan's room..

"We've been waiting for you, Jae! And now that You're here, We're all complete again!"

Youngjae nodded
'So We're complete? That means, Daehyun's been here the whole entire time' The thought made him smile a little.

They made their way to Himchan's room and they were all greeted with cheers

"Yay! Youngjae hyung's here!!", said Junhong, the overly enthusiastic maknae

Youngjae eyed the room.. 
'1, 2, 3, 4 counting Himchan and 5 counting me... where's Daehyun?!'

'Maybe he's in the bathroom'

"Great! now that we're all here, what should we do guys?"

Himchan declared and Youngjae scrunched his face 'We're all here?'

"Wait- Wait -Wait- We're all here?" Youngjae asked eagerly

"Yeah, Jae, all five of us.. what's wrong?"  Himchan counter asked

"What do you mean 5?"

"You know, You, me, Yongguk, Jongup and Junhong. That five.. Hello?! Bestfriends since Highschool, ring a bell?"

"W-What about D-Daehyun?"

"Daehyun?, Who's that?"

"Jung Daehyun!"

"Hmmn? Never heard that name before.."

"You're Joking. Stop teasing me! "

"Youngjae, are you okay? did the cold get to you? are you sick?"

"How can you not know Jung Daehyun?! He's our bestfriend eversince Highschool! we were the best 6 "

"I really don't know who the hell this Jung Daehyun guy is.."

"Himchan Hyung, stop teasing me! Look I know I did something bad to Daehyun, but you don't have to go as far as pretending you don't know him!"

"Youngjae.."

"Junhong!"

"Y-Yes hyung?"

"You remember your Daehyun hyung right?"

"Youngjae hyung.. I don't know who that is.."

"W-What?..never mind.. Yongguk hyung.. you never lie.. You know Daehyun right? The guy you use to compliment with his breathtaking high notes?"

"Youngjae-ah..I honestly don't know who you're talking about..I'm sorry.."

"Jongup?"

"I'm sorry hyung.. I don't know that guy.."

Youngjae grabbed his hair and rubbed his head frustratingly

"Youngjae hyung.. Are you alright?"

"No Junhong, I'm not!.. I'm never alright.."

"Jae.. you're stressing.. is living in that apartment all alone really that bad?"

"Alone? I don't live there alone! I live with Daehyun!"

"Youngjae hyung..why don't you sit down and join us.. I'll get you hot chocolate..." Junhong had always been caring for his hyungs and he certainly did not like the stressed situation his Youngjae Hyung was in.

"N-No.. I'm sorry Junhong.. I'm going.."

"W-where?"

" Home "

"Youngjae-ah.. were really sorry we don't know half of what your talking about, but please don't leave .. We miss you.."

Those words struck Youngjae. Daehyun had said he missed him too and all he did was ignore him.  He wanted to stay but he couldn't knowing his best friend could be somewhere out there alone.

"I-I gotta go.."
He dashed for the door. Himchan went after him but didn't catch up in time.

He didn't mind the distance he was about to walk. He didn't mind freezing. All he wanted to do at the moment was to get home. 
Daehyun could be home and that was a good enough motive for him to move on forward.

He walked through the cold and windy night shiverring and weak. He barely made it home and collapsed on his bed before  completely blacking out.

______
The next morning, he woke up rather later than usual but it didn't matter knowing he had no one to wake up because yet again, his apartment was still empty apart from himself.

He went to the living room and sat on the couch to clear things up in his mind.
Tomorrow was going to be valentines day. He always celebrated Valentines Day with Daehyun because he had no Valentine..well except his bestfriend of course. Daehyun and himself would always go out together on their 'pretend date', Youngjae calls it. But it seems as though he won't be having a Valentine this Year, not even a 'pretend' one. With Daehyun's disappearance, he won't think that'll be possible.
It had been three days since he had last seen Daehyun and he was really feeling guilty, Knowing the fact that your bestfriend went missing because of you, who wouldn't?. He stood up but stopped mid way. Something caught his eyes.. The picture frame hanging on the wall behind the T.V.. Something was definitely wrong. Daehyun and himself took that picture in namsan tower and hanged it on the wall..but how come theres only him in the picture?

He ran to the photo in panic, not caring if he knocked over things on the way. He removed the photo and carassed it

"W-Where's Daehyun? Why isn't he here?!"

He examined it for another 5 minutes, not believing what his eyes were staring.

He hastily put the photo down and reached for Daehyun and his' photo album.

He Dropped after seeing that Daehyun wasn't in any of the pictures in the album, not even once. The album was all filled with only pictures with him and his other friends. No Jung Daehyun. He didn't want to cry yet, as much as his eyes were burning he just couldn't bring it in him to let the tears fall, atleast not until he understands what's happening.

"Where are you Jung Daehyun?!"

He screamed to the top of his lungs.

Feeling the mental breakdown, Youngjae sat down in the corner of the room as he pulled his kness to his chest. He was going insane. If people saw him, they'd probably give him a free ride to the mental hospital.

"Where are you Daehyun?.."
He uttered softly only for which only himself would be able to hear, it felt like the millionth time he had asked that question and he grabbed a handfull of his hair frustratingly for never getting an answer despite the numerous times he had asked for one.

He lifted his head up as a certain memory had flashed..

A short gasp escaped his lips

"...The old man..."

Grabbing a coat, he Jolted his way downtown, not caring about the weather.. He scolded himself. 'Why haven't I thought of it before?!'

He barged in to the restayrant door breathless. He was thankful it was yet again empty but adrenaline rushed over to his body when he spotted the old man behind the counter again. 
He slammed his fists unto the counter but instead of getting starttled, the old man only gave him a smirk

"Where is Daehyun?!"

"well, well, well.. Looks like you finally broke.."

"Where is Daehyun?!!"

"Well..Didn't you tell me to wipe away his existance?.."

"*gasp* N-No.. I-I didn't mean that!"

"Tough luck. You said you were sure."

"W-What are you?"

"Who? Oh, me? well according to what you said, I'm a creep."

"No- Please! I'm sorry! Just- What are you??"

"A normal man. With sorcery."

"What?! I-It doesn't matter- Bring Daehyun Back!!"

"I told you, I wiped his existance, just like you told me."

"I know..but please.. Bring him back..please..." Youngjae pleaded as he knelt down

"...Bring my bestfriend back...please.." He begged his heart out as a single tear rolled out unto his warm cheeks

"You said he was nothing but a pain in the as*, Why should I bring him back?"

"Because.. I-I c-care for him.."

"Pshh. You said you didn't. 'Atleast not anymore' , am I correct?"

"I-I was wrong.."

"Oh, so now you admit it."

"Y-Yes.. I was wrong.."

"Good. You learned your lesson. Too bad You can't get him back anymore."

"W-What?"

"He too far out gone. People already forgot him, he doesn't exist, nobody know's him except you and me. He's already gone from the photo's and his mom never gave birth to him."

"You're teasing me!"

"No, it's true. 3 Days is too long. People don't know of his existance and pretty soon, maybe tomorrow, you won't either."

"N-NO! That's not true! He's my bestfriend! His name is Jung Daehyun and He exists!"

"Goodbye...Youngjae." The old man started to fade.

Youngjae Desperately grabbed him but his hand only went through the translucent image of the Fading old man

"Wait! Don't go!"

And before he knew it. it was too late, and the old man has already disappeared.

The ground shook and walls started to crack, he immediately ran out of the restaurant, Just enought to see it break down and vanish, as if it was never there.

He fell down to his knees

"What have I done?!"
_______________________

After lifelessly going back to his apartment, he threw himself down on his bed and let it all out there, he cried non-stop not caring at anything in the world anymore.

"Bring Dae-Hyung back.."
He chocked a sob

"I-It's all m-my fault! take me instead.. it's all my fault. Daehyun doesn't deserve this.."

"Bring him back.."

"I'm sorry..It's all my fault.. bring him back.."

"I'm sorry.." He burried himself under the wet covers of his never ending tears.

He didn't care that he seemed like a psycho talking ti himself, He just pleaded and cried. He couldn't pretend to be strong and heartless anymore, no matter how hard he tried. He needed Daehyun. Daehyun would always be there. Daehyun would always comfort him. Daehyun would always welcome him in his warm embrace. Daehyun was always there to tell him goodnight, goodmorning, I Love you, You're special. Daehyun would always cook him meals. Daehyun would always remind him how important he means to him. Daehyun was always there.

But not anymore.

After a few more hours of sobbing, tears, and plead.. he was able to cry himself to sleep
and enter a slumber of reminiscing memories.

~~~~~~~~
He woke up with a knock from his bedroom door.

He had a nostalgic feeling of a headache.

He began to question the old man.. didn't he say he'd forget Daehyun by today? Well he still clearly remembers.

He got up, preparing to open the door, But before doing so, he glanced at the calendar

With a tilt of his head, he asked, "February 10?"

He stood up but luckily didn't hurt himself from the broken shards of glass that were once his lamp

"Didn't I already throw this away?"

Another knock came audible to his ears

"Since when did I lock that door?"

Slyly avoiding the shards, Youngjae slowly made his way to the door and opened it.

His eyes widely opened at the realization of who it was

"...Jae-ah..I'm sorry I broke your console.. but.. I tried my best to fix i-"

Before he could finish, Youngjae had already the set aside the item covered with scotch tape shown before him in the elders hands  as he gave Daehyun the tightest squeez he could ever manage

"D-Daehyun! I-I'm so sorry! Don't leave me! "

He cried

"What are you talking about? since when did I ever think about leaving you?"

Youngjae didn't respond, instead he just cried harder in the elders broad chest

"Youngjae, are you crying?!"

Daehyun cupped the latter face and wiped the tears away with his thumb

"Don't cry.."

"I'm an idiot, Dae.."

"No. You are not"

Youngjae then again nuzzled his face on Daehyun's chest and gave him an even tighter hug

"I Love you." He said with a muffled voice that Daehyun could only soften his gaze and caress his hair

"I Love you too, Youngjae."

Youngjae pulled away and eyed the suspecious item Daehyun was holding

"Dae, what's that?"

Daehyun slowly lifted the object up to youngjae's view

"It's your console.. I'm sorry for breaking it, Youngjae-ah.. but I tried my best fixing it.."

Youngjae chuckled at the once broken console that was now covered with scotch tape. 
He took in his hands.

Daehyun stood there all fidgety and nervous

But before anything else, Youngjae threw the console harshly to the ground and stepped all over it.
Daehyun watched shocked with the sudden action

"I don't care about that anymore.." 
He said as he aimed a smile to the now shocked Daehyun.

"I thought it meant the world to you.."

"No. You, mean the world to me." He hugged him again

"Happy Valentines Day, Daehyun.."

"Mwohh? but it's February 10."

"Really I thought it was 14-"

Youngjae stopped mid-way to stare at the window which had a familiar old man floating, smiling and waving behind it.
He simply smiled back and mouthed a 'thank you' before the old man vanished again.

"Well, everday can be Valentines when you're around Daehyunnie.."

"CheesyJae"

They both laughed at the remark

"By the way, Daehyun?"

"Hmmn?"

"We should go visit Himchan and the guys sometime.. I have a feeling they miss us.."

"Sure! Himchan'll love that! and we can all be complete again!"

"Yeah... Complete.."

____________________

(A/N: #ForeverWithBAP #JusticeForBAP)