Everything has a Price

A Warm Cup of Happiness

A month, Luhan smiled while running down the school stairs. It's been a whole month since him and Xiumin started dating. When did that happen? It seemed so little and so big at the same time. For some reason, he wanted to celebrate but there was no way in hell he'd tell Xiumin because he'd definitely make fun of him by saying something like "Aww, youngsters these days get excited over such small things".

Okay, it had been a month, so what? I'll celebrate it secretly, Luhan thought and grinned once again. Besides, this was only the start.

Before exiting the school building he checked his reflection of his phone's screen. Hair slightly curly, perfectly framing his deer like eyes, flawless skin and school uniform purposely looking messy. All check.

He was about to dash torwards his favourite coffee shop when a short boy with spiky orange hair standing by the school gate made him gasp in surprise.

"Xiumin? What are you-...? Weren't we supposed to meet at the coffee shop?".

The boy shrugged, in a effort to seem nonchalant but his blushed cheeks gave him away. "I wanted to see you in your uniform", he said but his eyes weren't looking at Luhan at all.

"But aren't you supposed to be working right now?", Luhan asked, trying not to show how happy he actually was.

"I took a day off", Xiumin replied and shrugged once again. Luhan giggled when he imagined Chanyeol's furious reaction to his fellow waiter, leaving him all alone on a Friday evening.

"I'm kinda jealous, by the way". Luhan looked at Xiumin's pinkish face surprised. "I mean", the boy continued, "You look adorable in this uniform but you always change before coming to the shop. All of them", he said and shook his head torwards Luhan's classmates, "get to see this everyday when your boyfriend has to personally pick you up in order to enjoy it".

"You should pick me up more often then", Luhan grinned. "Everything comes with a price".

Xiumin wrapped his arms around Luhan's waist and dragged him closer. "So what's the price if I do this?", he whispered and softly pressed his lips against Luhan's.

"I'll kiss you back", the boy whispered and grabbed the back of Xiumin's head, pulling him into a deep kiss interrupted by their giggles and smiles.

"Now, that was the biggest price I've ever had to pay. Plus, you've made me so corny", he whined and pulled Luhan by his uniform tie closer.

"Act; dating me. Price; becoming incredibly corny", he replied.

"So, how long are we going to stand outside your school and make out? I'm hungry". However, despite saying that, Xiumin didn't move an inch.

"Just a little longer", Luhan whispered and gave him a peck on the lips. "I wanna show off my baozi".

When they started walking, fingers intertwined as always, Luhan thought that nothing could ruin that evening's perfection and at that moment, as if the universe wanted to mess with his head, he saw Sehun arguing with a tall, muscular guy with black hair and deep black circles right across the street.

It was the first time he was seeing Sehun so angry and... emotional.

"I'm telling you, Tao, nothing happened! Why can't you just believe me, you stupid trashcan?", the blonde yelled, only to recieve an angry fist by Tao on his ribs.

"Because, Sehun, nothing EVER happens until I find out the truth. How can you expect me to trust you?"

"For 's sake, they're just photos! And when have I EVER cheated on you?!"

"There's a first time for everything!", Tao shouted and started walking away angrily.

Luhan thought that their fight wasn't making any sense. He didn't mean to eavesdrop but it's kinda hard to ignore two handsome men, yelling at each in the midde of the street. However, he was sure that the fight was about to end because Sehun would never go after someone, he'd just put on his usual pokerface and leave. But that wasn't the case.

"Wait, Tao, don't leave again, just listen to me", Sehun practically begged while grabbing the other's wrist. "I'll delete the photos, okay? And I'll fill my phone with your face and your face alone. I promise, okay? No, I swear. So please, don't walk away". His slightly desperate attempt was a success. Tao turned around and looked at him suspiciously.

"Do you mean that?", he asked and Sehun furiously nodded, making Luhan fear that his head would fall down from the powerful movement.

"Okay, then...", Tao started saying when he finally noticed the dumbfounded couple, watching them from across the street. His eyes suddenly lit up, like he just had a brilliant idea and ran torowards them, dragging Sehun behind him.

"Are you a couple with this man?" Tao asked Luhan and pointed at Xiumin.

"Y-... Yes", the boy replied, still unsure of what was going on.

"Well, then, do you still have photos of this man?", Tao continued and pointed at Sehun this time.

"No, but I don't unders-..."

"See, I told you this isn't normal!", the black haired boy yelled and smacked Sehun's shoulder.

"Well, we're just gonna take off...", Xiumin murmured but Tao didn't seem to care about them anymore as the fight continued with him saying that a boyfriend shouldn't think of other men, especially not exes and Sehun begging for him to stop and listen, even though he didn't have much to say, just promises.

As Luhan and Xiumin were awkwardly walking away, the latter started giggling when he noticed his boyfriend's terrified face.

"You were right after all", he said and kept giggling.

"What do you mean?". Luhan was confused enough already and the last thing he needed was Xiumin's riddles. But from Xiumin's point of view, teasing his boyfriend was the best, especially when his round, sparkling eyes were wide and full of curiosity.

"About the whole "everything has a price" thing".

"I still don't get it".

"Act: Sehun being an to you, even though you loved him with everything you had. Price: Sehun falling in love with someone that has a terrible personality and makes his life a living hell".

Luhan remained silent for a while, trying to think of an answer.

"I think they suit each other", he finally replied. "Tao seems like an over-the-top kind of guy and Sehun loves the drama. So Tao doesn't have to hold back and Sehun will never be bored again. Sounds like a good match, right?"

"Oh, you have no idea. I see them at the shop all the time and they are definitely the most dysfactional couple I've seen in my whole life. One minute they're fighting and the next they are making out, it makes no sense".

Luhan didn't say anything, he just moved closer to Xiumin, feeling grateful for having a kind and loving boyfriend instead of... well, a crazy one.

"Oh, yeah!", he remembered, "Why did you take the day off? Isn't Chanyeol pissed off?"

"Chanyeol can off, at least I leave work when I want to spend a special day with my boyfriend, I don't make out with him in front of the customers 24/7", Xiumin blurted out and immediately regretted the words that came of his mouth. Wishing that Luhan didn't pay attention to him he just carried on complaining about Chanyeol's public displays of affection.

Oh, but Luhan had noticed and a goofy smile had appeared on his face.

"Why is today special?", he asked with a huge grin, interrupting Xiumin's rant and making him uneasy.

"It isn't, okay? I just-... You know what, nevermind". The boy's face was red once again and Luhan felt like he could read his boyfriend so easily. With a sweet smile, he pulled him by the hand, throwing him into his arms and after whispering "liar" in his ear, he kissed him passionately, tasting every inch of Xiumin's mouth.

When he felt him turning his head, Luhan leaned his body against the other's slim, yet muscular figure and he giggled when Xiumin pulled his uniform tie again and bit his upper lip.

"Didn't know your were school uniforms", Luhan whispered and Xiumin's lower lip after softly pulling it with his teeth.

"Anything on you is my ", the other replied making Luhan burst into laughter.

"I think you got a bit too corny", he said and tapped the boy's forehead with his fingertips. "Xiumin", he suddenly said and backed up a little bit. "Today, we've officially been together for a month", he continued while looking right into Xiumin's eyes. "I wanna celebrate", he finally stated, knowing that the other felt the same but he was too stupid to admit it. Well, at first I didn't want to admit it either, he thought to himself and smiled.

"Aww, youngsters these days get excited over such little things!", Xiumin exclaimed and did a grand, theatrical gesture. "But oh well, how can I say 'no' to my boyfriend, that'd be just cruel, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Now let's go get some food, didn't you say you were hungry?", Luhan asked, pretending not to know that Xiumin's hunger was just a pretence to take him out to dinner.

"Sure, if you insist". Xiumin was acting like it was no big deal but his huge, proud smile couldn't lie.

"Stupid baozi", Luhan whispered.

"What?"

"Oh, nothing".

Luhan held Xiumin's hand tight the whole evening, refusing to let go even at the dinner table, making it impossible for Xiumin to enjoy his pasta.

As he was looking at his boyfriend struggling to eat his food with his left hand, Luhan thought that his theory was indeed, right.

Act: falling in love with a stupid baozi.

Price: unlimited happiness.