Searching

Goodbye

2 hours later...

Leeteuk walked into the second oldest's bedroom, only to find Heechul sitting in a pile of clothes that was threatening to bury him. Well that was different. Normally when Hangeng went away this would be the part where the great leader would be trying to prise away another bottle of soju from an extremely intoxicated Heechul and try to coax him to his bed. Leeteuk was surpised but somewhat pleased that that wasn't the case on this occasion. Obviously Heechul still hadn't noticed his presence though as he continued to rummage through his drawers looking for something, the like of which Leeteuk couldn't imagine.

Although the situation was amusing to observe and relieving to the leader he still felt an urge to find out what was wrong. "Chul ah...?" he called softly just as a precaution. From experience he knew that the girly-type member could still pack a good punch when annoyed or surprised. He was happy to see the member turn towards him without any agression but the look on his face stopped the smile that had just about broke out. "Chul ah. What happened? What's wrong?" he instantly questioned.

Heechul held back from glaring at his leadewr but the annoyance was building up in him. "Hangeng..." he growled. Then he turned back to his drawers and pulled some more clothes out, slamming the drawer shut when he obviously didn't find what he was looking for. The pile of clothes behind him wobbled precariously and probably would have fallen if Leeteuk hadn't stabilised the stack and moved half of the pile onto the floor in another pile. He'd known that Heechul had a lot of clothes but he had never imagined in his worst nightmares that he would be experiencing the sea of clothes that was before him now. Something was bothering Heechul but he was too mad to say anything and Leeteuk knew to leave him to decide when to talk himself. In the meantime he sighed and started refolding some of the clothes that Heechul had carelessly thrown next to the bed.

"Junsu...?" a quiet voice spoke up and Leeteuk's head shot up. Heechul only called his real name if there was something really wrong. He looked towards the unnaturally quiet Heechul who continued. "... Hangeng... Hannie... He stole my red jumper..." Heechul concluded. Leeteuk stared at him and tried to stop from breaking into shocked laughter. Of course the drama queen would freak out about a jumper. That also explained why he'd basically tipped all his drawers upside down. Then Leeteuk remembered that the jumper had been a gift from Heechul's mum who Heechul hadn't seen in a long time and he understood what the dilemma was about.

"I'm sure he didn't mean to take the jumper Chullie. I'm sure it was a mistake. He probably noticed at the airport and handed it to someone. It will be back soon. Anyway, if he didn't, no doubt he'll bring it back when he comes back. He knows how much that means to you. Do you miss him at the moment? If you want to you can come to my dorm upstairs, I'm sure all the dongsaengs will be fine with you being there" Leeteuk offered. Heechul nodded but then looked around his room and sighed. He picked up some of his clothes and started folding thm and putting them back into the drawers. Since he'd emptied them all there was no reason to put it back in any order so he just started a new order. Leeteuk smiled, realising that Heechul had decided to clean up the room and calm down, but since he didn't want to leave the emotionally unstable boy alone he followed along and helped folding some more clothes.

They were almost done with the clothes when an out-of-breath Sungmin ran in. "HYUNG!" he yelled as he entered the dorm. He found them in the bedroom folding the clothes but right at that moment they both looked a little shocked. The noise had been ear-piercingly loud in comparison to the comfortable, relaxing, almost silence they had just been submerged in. Sungmin caught his breath and then pulled an item out from behind his back. "Heechul-hyung. Hangeng-hyung said to return this to you. It was accidentaly in his bag from when you guys went out to luch yesterday and it got too hot. He noticed it before he got on the plane and passed it to manager-nim who asked me to give it to you" he said as he handed over the jumper that Heechul had been looking for.

Heechul's face lost the worry lines that had been there for sometime and took on a much more relieved expression. "Thank you Sungminnie" he said as he hugged the jumper to himself. Sungmin looked a little shocked but nodded and started to back out of the room. "That's okay Hyung. I'm gonna go now so see you..." he excused himself and nodded a small goodbye to Leeteuk. 

After he left Leeteuk turned to Heechul. "See I told you. It was just a mistake and you've go the jumper now..." he trailed off as he saw a shiny eyed Heechul holding the jumper to himself still. A couple of sniffles were heard and then a small voice that was becoming more and more familiar to Leeteuk. "Teukie ah. You know how you asked if I missed my Hannie? Well yeah, now I really do. I know it's only for a little while but still..." he was cut off by Leeteuk hugging him and patting his back. He accepted the gesture; the only 2 he normally allowed to see him in this emotional state were either Hangeng or Leeteuk so he knew that the elder wouldn't tel anyone.

They sat there for a while like this until Heechul managed to compose himself. "The offer is still open for staying up in my dorm" the leader said and he was happy to see that the other boy nodded and stood up to get ready. "i'll just wait in your living room and we can go up together" Leeteuk said and so when Heechul was ready, they both went up to the other dorm. They got some strange looks from the other members because of the strangely quiet Heechul but at Leeteuk's shake of the head, they stayed quiet and went back to what they'd been doing before. The 2 hyungs went into Leeteuk's single person bedroom and just sat there watching any k-dramas on tv for the rest of the night before going to sleep, Heechul on the spare bed that was under Leeteuk's.

 

Author-nim here. If you are reading this and have been waiting since the first chapter for the next update, I am so so so sorry. Just life has been getting to me and I haven't had motivation to write or do anything really. So I got hit by inspiration today and since I love you all I decided to update and I'm sorry again. Mianhe! Thank you all for reading and remember comments are love so please return it.  😘💑💙✌