Single and Available

Single and Available

“For better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health. I pronounce you, husband and wife.”

 
Kyuhyun’s part time job is to work as a wedding singer. He got to witness a lot of wedding ceremonies. It never fails to touch his heart as he watched a couple so in love with each other to make a vow in front of the altar.

 
But his real job is a divorce lawyer. It breaks his heart when a couple asks for divorce. He could understand reasons like the wife or husband was abused. He couldn’t understand the reasons like the husband broke his wife’s vase. Simple arguments between a married couple instantly leads them to divorce.

 
“You’re a divorce lawyer and a wedding singer at the same time? That’s really ironic.” Kangin laughed. His job as a cameraman is to videotape the wedding ceremony and reception. He and Kyuhyun met a couple of times at church. Though they recognize each other and exchange greetings, they never really got to introduce or talk to each other until now.

 
It was really late at night already. There are only a few guests left so Kangin finally got to rest and talk with Kyuhyun. “So what are you still doing here? It’s always either the wedding singers aren’t invited to the reception or they leave early during the reception. Your fellow wedding singers left after having dinner.”

 
“Have you been observing me?”

 
“I just happened to notice. That’s all.”

 
“The guy who got married happens to be my cousin so I’m staying longer.” Kyuhyun explained. “Are you married?”

 
“Was.”

 
“What happened?”

 
“Divorce.”

 
“Should have known…what’s the reason?” When Kyuhyun didn’t get an answer, he apologized. “I’m sorry. It’s probably too personal.”

 
“I guess she just didn’t really love me that much.” Kangin drank everything in his wine glass. “If she truly loved me, it wouldn’t have mattered that I’m infertile, right?” He started to fill his empty glass with wine again. “What about you? Married?”

 
“No.”

 
“You’re still young, anyway. Girlfriend?”

 
“Boyfriend.”

 
“Woah!!!” Kangin almost spilled the wine. “You’re gay?”

 
Kyuhyun took a sip of the wine from his own glass. “Are you disgusted?”

 
“Nah, just surprised. You look…straight.” Both laughed at that comment.

 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 
The next time they meet, they were able to talk before the wedding ceremony.

 
“What’s wrong?” Kangin asked in concern. He noticed that Kyuhyun looked handsome as always but there was a sad look on his face.

 
Kyuhyun looked up to see it was Kangin talking to him. “Oh, it’s you.” He managed to show a small genuine smile because he was really glad to see Kangin. “I just had a bad day yesterday.”

 
“What’s this? Kyuhyun is already hooking up with someone?” His fellow wedding singer teased.

 
“Shut up, Yesung.” There was a light blush on Kyuhyun’s cheeks.

 
“Kangin, get ready! The bride is about to arrive.”

 
“Are you invited to the reception?” Kangin asked quickly.

 
“Yup, we are!” Yesung replied enthusiastically for Kyuhyun.

 
But Kangin’s attention was still stuck to Kyuhyun. “Then let’s talk later.”

 
“Okay.” Kyuhyun nodded and watched Kangin preparing himself and getting ready for videotaping.

 
“He’s definitely more handsome than your ex.” Ryeowook, the pianist, commented. “I would encourage you to  go for him!!!”

 
“Kyuhyun got himself a new boyfriend~” Yesung teased in a singsong voice.

 
“Quit it, guys.”

 
Later that night…when there are only a few guests left…

 
“Are you drunk?” Kangin asked as he noticed that Kyuhyun with a wine glass and a half-filled bottle of wine. “Don’t tell me you drank half a bottle of wine?”
 

“I didn’t mean to…It was tasty.”

 
“Or maybe because of what happened yesterday?” Now Kyuhyun looked miserable. His hand reached out for his wine glass but Kangin placed his hand own top of Kyuhyun’s. “No more drinking. You’re drunk enough as it is.”
 

“I’m not~.” Kyuhyun’s head fell on the table. Kangin winced at that and thought that got to hurt. But the next thing he heard was…Kyuhyun’s snore.

 
“Oi! Wake up!” Kangin shook Kyuhyun by the shoulder but the younger man was too deep in sleep. “I guess I have to take you home.”

 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 
Kyuhyun woke up with a hangover. He took a good look at his unfamiliar surroundings before his eyes landed on Kangin sleeping on the carpeted floor with pillow and blanket. He would have carried Kangin to bed but based from body built, Kangin was definitely heavier. So what did he do? He brought his pillow and blanket and slept right next to Kangin. // I’m probably still drunk or else I wouldn’t be doing this. // That was Kyuhyun’s last thought as he went to sleep, trying to forget the pain of his hangover.

 
Kangin woke up and was surprise to see Kyuhyun sleeping right beside him. “What the heck are you doing sleeping beside me on the floor when the bed is more comfortable?” Kangin asked, knowing he won’t get an answer from the sleeping form. Then he noticed how their hands linked together in between the pillows.

 
Kyuhyun chose that moment to wake up. He noticed how Kangin was looking intently at something so he looked at the direction of Kangin’s gaze. It was their hands. “By the way, I’m available now.” Kyuhyun has no idea why those words came out of his mouth and blamed it on the alcohol although he isn’t drunk anymore.

 
Kangin laughed, which made Kyuhyun even more embarrassed. “So the reason why you were gloomy yesterday was because you broke up with your boyfriend the other day? That’s good.”

 
Kyuhyun blinked. “How’s that good?”

 
“Because you’re available now and I’m single.”

 
THE END

 
A/N: Kangin was implying something *wink* I’ll leave the rest to your imagination~ Comments please?