Smitten

Smitten

“Kyuhyun-ah?” Sungmin asked as he walked pass by the hallway and saw the younger boy sitting on one of the arm chairs inside his classroom. He looked with curiosity as Kyuhyun looked blankly at the black board.

 

He entered the room and closed the door carefully. It was past dismissal time and every 17 years old student should be going home right now. Sungmin stood still and watched with sad longing eyes his student.

 

“Hey,” he began but the young boy was still drawn into just staring. He tried walking but his body won’t let him. He just planted himself like driftwood and he bite his bottom lip in fear.

 

“You know,” Kyuhyun said in this silence and shifted his position but still not averting his gaze from the board.

 

He sighed before continued speaking, “I love you.”

 

Sungmin closed his eyes as he leaned against the wall and helped himself to stand still and not show that he’s shaking.

 

+

 

“Hey Professor Lee,” the lanky tall man stuttered and said teacher looked at him grinning widely.

 

“Cho Kyuhyun, the math Olympian, what can I do for you?” he teased as he fixed the books on his arms and tried to reach out for the doorknob of his faculty room.

 

Kyuhun rolled his eyes as he opened the door and accompanied Sungmin in and reached out for some books on the teacher’s wobbly arms.

 

“I was wondering if you could teach me playing the piano,” he bashfully said not even looking at him.

 

Sungmin placed the books on his table and smiled. He looked at the young man and liked how his cheeks would blush and how his mouth would move and mutter out words even when there’s no sound coming out.

 

He tiptoed up and shuffled his hair, “Of course, it’ll be my pleasure.”

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes widen in delight.

 

+

He didn’t know how it’d happened but he was sure having a hard time to just say no from it. Kyuhyun had pinned him against the door. The student fisted a hand beside his head while his head dunk on Sungmin’s neck.

 

They were staying so close to each other that Kyuhyun had wanted to touch every part of him. He wanted to take in his scent, caress that soft skin and kiss those tender lips. Even for the last time—he would take any risk to just be with him again.

 

“Why would you give up?” Kyuhyun spoke, head still dunked on his neck.

 

“Am I not enough? I thought, I thought you love me too?” his words pierce Sungmin’s fragile heart and he wish for this to stop but he just listen. He just let Kyuhyun stand this close to him close enough that he could actually hug him.

 

“It’s not because I don’t love you, Kyu,” Sungmin said as he breathed in deeply and moved his head to his side, “As a matter of fact, I, I do.”

 

+

 

“Sungmin?”

 

“You know, that’s not the way you should talk to your teachers.”

 

“But we are close.”

 

“We are close?”

 

“Yes, we are close, right, Sungmin?”

 

“Seriously Kyuhyun, you ought not to talk with me like that.”

 

“Professor Lee sounds weird and it doesn’t roll on my tongue nicely.”

 

“Picky,” Sungmin laughed as he let Kyuhyun stood by his side and come with him as they walk outside the school.

 

“You’re too cute to be even called Professor Lee,” Kyuhyun sneered as they made a turn and entered a small street.

 

Sungmin pouted his lips and glared at him, “If you’re being like that, I wouldn’t teach you piano anymore.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed and slowed his pace a bit and watched Sungmin as he made that cute pout.

 

They walked in silence and were near to Kyuhyun’s house when he called his teacher from behind.

 

“Professor Lee,” and by the time Sungmin turned around he leaned closer and stole a quick peck on the lips.

 

“Thanks for accompanying me home,” he said and started walking towards his house not even looking back.

 

Sungmin stood there, half puzzled and half dazed as he lift a finger and let it trailed over his lips.

 

 

+

 

Kyuhyun pulled back and looked at him, and Sungmin looked at him back, shocked. He had never seen Kyuhyun’s eyes this sad and dark. Tears are threatening to fell yet he tried his best to hold them back, he won’t cry right in front of Sungmin even if he’s the reason why he’s being like this.

 

Sungmin heave a sigh and reached out for Kyuhyun’s chin. He holds him still so that they’re looking at each other. “Kyuhyun,” he began as he reached out a hand and brushed off some strands covering his beautiful frame, “You know how much I love you, right?”

 

Kyuhyun nodded at him, “But why?” now tears started to pool and creep out from his eyelids, “Why does it have to end this way, Sungmin, I’d do anything just to have you again, please…” his head fall a bit, “Just let me.”

 

Sungmin weakly smiled, Kyuhyun is still as fragile as always, he thought. He grabbed the younger one’s hand as he took a sit on the floor pulling Kyuhyun down. He patted his laps and let Kyuhyun lie his head on his lap as Sungmin looked at him.

 

Kyuhyun felt so weak and furious but whenever he’s facing Sungmin he can’t help but just let what the older man do as he please. Sungmin toyed with his hair as he looked at his fragile state and Kyuhyun stared up, tears followed suit.

 

“How could you even smile so happily?”

 

Sungmin shook his head and out of nowhere Kyuhyun feel droplets of tears on his cheek and he is aware it wasn’t from him but Sungmin’s.

 

+

 

“Professor Lee,” Eunhyuk beamed and Sungmin flashed a wide smile.

 

“I think I got it now,” Eunhyuk said as he show off his paper and showed to his teacher his answer.

 

Sungmin checked his paper and run through the biology terms Eunhyuk had once got a problem with. As soon as he done checking, he placed the scores and handed the paper to his student. Eunhyuk happily beamed and reached out to shake his professor’s hand out of glee.

 

Kyuhyun smirked at this and he got up next to let his teacher check his paper.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah,” Sungmin said, “Can I have a look at your paper?”

 

Kyuhyun placed the paper on his desk quite hardly startling almost all of his classmates. Sungmin furrowed his eyebrows.

 

“He’s been flirting with you, you know that,” Kyuhyun threateningly huffed as he looked at his lover.

 

Sungmin looked up, “Cho Kyuhyun, I think you’ve got this lesson right, you may go back now.”

 

“Sungmin,”  Kyuhyun muffled as he leaned closer, “What on earth are you doing?”

 

Sungmin pouted his lips and caressed his cheek carefully so that his other students won’t see that they having an intimate time together. “I know Eunhyuk, he won’t go after me, he’s interested to Lee Donghae, your other classmate, and no, he is not flirting with me, so stop being a jealous boyfriend.” He whispered and flashing a warm sweet smile after.

 

Kyuhyun grin and nod in understanding. He looked behind him to see all his classmates too engrossed on answering their test before quikly kissing Sungmin’s forehead. Sungmin blushed and tried to look away and Kyuhyun walked back to his chair.

 

+

 

“You could never know how agonized I was without even seeing you almost every time just like the way we used to.”

 

“Then why, why Sungmin?”

 

“It’s for you. It’s for the best.”

 

“Damn it. You left me and preferred to stop this relationship because it’s for my best? When I looked at it, it’s like you’re worried for just yourself.”

 

Sungmin brokenly smiled and ran a hand over Kyuhyun’s scalp. “You’re still young Kyuhyun, you may not get this but, I’m doing this for you.”

 

“But you don’t get it Min, I want you and not some right fitting girls or guy of my age, I want you.”

 

Sungmin shook his head and closed his eyes as tears still crept down his face.

 

“I know, and I want you too. No one else,” Sungmin sobbed, “I’m just scared.”

 

Kyuhyun looked up and frowned more as he looked at his lover who’s been crying with pain. He got up and sat beside him. He s his arms behind Sungmin and pulled him so that Sungmin’s leaning against him.

 

“I’m scared that what you’re feeling right now is just some child-like infatuation, it may not be real, and you’re young.” Sungmin sobbed even more as he clung on Kyuhyun’s uniform shirt and shook his head as he added, “Time would tell that you’re not really in love with me, that what you are feeling isn’t really real.”

 

+

 

“Sungmin,” he happily said as he takes a look inside the faculty and went looking for his favorite Biology teacher.

 

Funny, at this hour he would see Sungmin doing reviews for tomorrow’s run of events. But he’s not in his table so he went inside and went looking for his teacher.

 

“Professor Kim,” Kyuhyun said as he saw Kim Kibum, his English teacher, “Sorry but have you seen Su- Professor Lee?”

 

Kibum nodded and pointed his co-teacher sleeping peacefully on the couch, “I think he’s overdoing it.”

 

Kyuhyun looked at his lover and nodded in agreement. “Well better take him home, it’s getting dark.”

 

“I’ll do it,” Kyuhyun startled his teacher as Kibum was about to lean down and shook Sungmin awake.

 

Kibum looked at him and nodded, “Well then, I’ll go now.” He said as he picked up his bag and trailed off the room.

 

Kyuhyun bid goodbye and kneeled beside the sleeping man. He smiled. And without even thinking he leaned closer to place a sweet kiss on his lips but he was utterly surprised when he felt the latter kissed him back.

 

“I thought you’re asleep,” Kyuhyun whispered as he pulled back and looked at his teacher.

 

“I was,” Sungmin breathily countered and looked up with sleepy eyes, “then someone with soft tender lips shook me awake. It was frightening, really.”

 

Kyuhyun crossed his arms, “Frightening..? You even kissed me back!”

 

Sungmin laughed and pulled Kyuhyun near so they can share another ‘frightening’ kiss again.

 

+

 

“Hey,” Kyuhyun mumbled as he cupped Sungmin’s face.

 

Sungmin is still crying and it just pain Kyuhyun more. “You know Minnie, I would never replace you.”

 

Sungmin’s eyes snapped open and he looked at Kyuhyun with red puffy eyes, “You can’t promise me that, feeling tend to change, feeling will fade and emotions will snap apt with a new one.”

 

Kyuhyun smiled amidst the tears and shook his head. “You’d think I am like that?”

 

Sungmin just tighten his grip and bite his bottom lip, “We would never know.”

 

“What matters is what’s happening right now, Sungmin.” Kyuhyun lovingly said, “I love you and that sums it all.”

 

Sungmin tried to counter some reality words but Kyuhyun spoke first, “If you’re scared, it’s fine. I’m here to make you feel protected. If you’re sad then let me share the bliss I’m feeling and let me make you happy. If you doubt me,” Kyuhyun said, “Just let me make it up to you and prove you I won’t ever leave you.”

 

Sungmin smiled contentedly as he wiped Kyuhyun’s tears with his thumb and off to wipe his tears next. “Just promise me one thing,” Kyuhyun looked at him, “if your feelings fade away or you find someone who’s beautiful and young and more fitting than me-”

 

Kyuhyun crashed his lips on Sungmin to make him stop with his blabber and wrapped his arms around him to bring him close in a warm and loving embrace.

 

Just so you know, I won’t let that happen.