FINAL

First Snow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo was walking on his way to the café on where he was working. He heard people talking about the first snow that will happen tonight as he stepped outside the building of his apartment. Kyungsoo also heard that on the news this morning when he was having his breakfast. He was not interested unlike others.

 

He sprinted to reach the bus station that will lead him to his destination. Even in the bus, he heard about that news. "What so big deal about it anyway?" He mumbled and groaned to himself.

 

He seated near the window and plugged his earphones to his ears and listened to his playlist, ignoring the people around him while enjoying the scenery of Seoul that he passes by outside the glass window.

 

Not long, the bus stopped signaling that he was there. He hopped from the bus and took a short walk to the café and was greeted by his friend when he walked in.

 

"Kyungie~" Baekhyun, his best friend for years chirped from the counter. He saw a not-so-happy Kyungsoo and zipped his mouth unconsciously. Chastised himself internally from being insensate when he knew what day it was for his best friend.

 

Kyungsoo directly went to the changing room and got ready for his shift. It was not his intention to ignore Baekhyun. They are friends, but the whole first snow thing that never failed to remind him of Jongin makes him irritable. He was not in the mood to smile and greet the ball of energy, which is his best friend. He felt sorry, yes, but he also can't forced himself. Shrugging his thoughts, he continued to change.

 

He wore his uniform and practiced a smile in the mirror to greet his customers. Today he will be the cashier and he needs to smile to greet the buyers. He sighed deeply. "You can do it Kyungsoo." He cheered himself soullessly. He heaved a sigh before exiting the room.

 

Baekhyun on the other hand was aware about Kyungsoo's sudden changed of behaviour. Its like this time of each year Kyungsoo was having his PMS days. So they better know to just shut up their mouths.

 

Baekhyun hates to see his best friend on this state. He cursed Jongin for leaving his best friend like that without explaining why. His boyfriend, Chanyeol, sensed the sadness of the shorter one, so he enveloped his little boyfriend for a hug and kissed his temple. Good thing there were only few customers that time since they just opened the café and those customers were busy chatting with their companion to see the PDA made by the workers. Though it didn't bother the two, still. They need to be precautious 'cause not everyone are open-minded in that kind of relationship.

 

"Kyungsoo will be okay. He is strong." The giant assured him. Baekhyun nodded and smiled at him.

 

Baekhyun was lucky cause he has a giant of a boyfriend who stays by his side always. He can't imagine himself without Chanyeol being there to comfort him.

 

 

When Jongin left, they tried to set up a date for his best friend. But it seemed like Kyungsoo still hasn't moved on with Jongin yet. He still hold grudges and cursed the living hell out of the boy.

===

Kyungsoo directly stride to the cashier and prepared for his shift. Baekhyun strutted towards Kyungsoo and hugged him from the back. Chanyeol was watching them silently not from from the two.

 

"Hey. Wanna hang out after shift?" Baekhyun offered and gave him his best smile.

 

"Where to?" Kyungsoo sighed inwardly and glanced a little to look at Beakhyun.

 

"Anywhere is fine. We can watch movie, shopping or play video games."

 

"You don't have a plan with Chanyeol today?" He inquired and looked at the giant's direction, who was now cleaning the table since the previous consumers were done.

 

"Not really. We can just hang out tomorrow." Baekhyun shrugged like its not a big deal.

 

"Yah!" Kyungsoo slapped him. "Don't leave your boyfriend because of me you idiot. Why are you worrying so much? I'm fine Baek. And you know that I can handle my self."

 

Kyungsoo doesn't want his best friend to ditch his boyfriend for him, he knows how it feels like. Though he hate first snow, he's not dumb not to know that it is still special for most of the people here in Korea. Especially for couples.

 

"I know that. But is it wrong to hang out with my best friend sometimes?" Baekhyun feigned sadness and batted his lashes with pleading eyes.

 

"By leaving your boyfriend? Yes." Kyungsoo rebutted and looked at Baekhyun pointedly.

 

"Chanyeol will understand." Baekhyun pouted.

 

"No Baek."

 

"But Soo-" Baekhyun didn't finish what he supposed to say cause a customer entered the café.

 

"Welcome to Coffee Overdose. What's your order?" Kyungsoo smiled at the customer.

 

Little by little, the café became full of customers and Kyungsoo was busy taking orders at the cashier while Chanyeol and his boyfriend was pacing back and forth to prepare the coffee.

 

Its this time of the day the café will get busy cause its getting cold outside and most of the passersby will dropped by to grab some coffee before heading home or work.

 

 

Couple of hours later, Minseok, one of their friend who works at the café arrived for his shift. He greeted them and hurried to help his friends cause the queue on the counter was very long.

 

Some of the customers were bored and look like they're in a hurry. Minseok noticed it and helped Kyungsoo on the cashier to take the order.

 

After a few minutes, Luhan and Sehun came in. They're not working but just visiting their friend. They saw a lot of customers were waiting and their friends were all busy so they ended up helping them.

 

Kyungsoo and Minseok were accepting orders, and the two couples, Luhan, Sehun, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun were making the coffees. Good thing, with a total of twelve hands working together, the customers were served and the queue shortened.

 

They thanked Sehun and Luhan for helping them, so as a payment, they gave them free coffee and dessert that the couple gladly accepted.

 

After receiving the treats from their friends, Sehun and Luhan thanked them and bid their goodbyes.

 

Luhan hugged Kyungsoo and whispered promises that it will be okay and that they are always there if he needs them.

 

Kyungsoo was thankful to have a lot of friends who loved him and always there for him.

 

He gave the other a smile to tell him that he'll be okay and that he's fine.

 

Luhan and Sehun went out, together with the other couple, Baekhyun and Chanyeol cause they're done with their shift.

 

Not long, Zitao, their chinese friend who also works at the café walked inside to start his day of work. He greeted his older friends and starts working by cleaning the tables.

 

After a long day, Kyungsoo's work was over and he can now enjoy his day off by staying inside his house and do nothing.

 

"Bye." Kyungsoo waved to Minseok and Tao as he walked out from the café and went home.

 

"Bye Kyungie. Take care." Xiumin waved back from the counter and so does Tao, who's making a coffee ordered by a customer.

 

Kyungsoo decided to go to the grocery store first and buy something. Ice cream is your best friend if you're depress. Not that he is. He just felt like eating ice cream. Yeah. Tell your self that Kyung. So he went to the nearst grocery store and bought it. He loves chocolate ice cream but if he'll buy it. He's going to remember someone. Vanilla is his second choice, but he remembered what that someone said for the vanilla ice cream.

 

"I love vanilla cause it reminds me of your skin that is so white."

 

"That applies to me also. I love chocolate cause it reminds me of your skin too."

 

Then they laughed together about their lame joke.

 

"We're a perfect combination then." The tan boy said, and the pale one blushed.

 

"Stupid ice cream. You're supposed to be my best friend." He muttered under his breath as he chooses what flavor he wants. He ended picking up the strawberry flavor. He hates strawberry. But its better compared to chocolate and vanilla. He also grabbed chips and soda and all the junk foods that he can think of.

 

He paid for it and walked to his apartment. He didn't bother to ride a bus, he likes to walk at night. And besides, tomorrow is his day off, so he'll going to enjoy it. Or moped around in his apartment.

 

Why can't he forget his stupid ex? Its been years. He needs to get a life already. He groaned in frustration about the thoughts that keeps prodding in his mind. He stopped at the pedestrian lane and was about to cross the road with his mind still fuzzy, didn't notice the car that was approaching. Good thing the driver stepped on the break and its a hair away to ram Kyungsoo's small body.

 

Kyungsoo was shocked and dropped all his groceries and expect a hard impact but never came. His arms covered covered his face cause he the light of the car was directed to him. 

 

His heart paltipates 'cause of the near death experience. His body quivered and was frozen for a moment but regain his sanity after a few seconds.

 

The driver of the car cursed and got out from the driver's seat to help the boy that he almost hit.

 

"Hey. Are you okay?" He approached the boy who was crouched down, picking up his groceries that was scattered on the road. "I am so sorry. I didn't see you there. You just popped out in nowhere." The boy didn't answer and the driver knew that the kid was scared as hell cause his body was evidently shaking from shock.

 

The driver picked up the remaining groceries and good thing the ice cream was still intact. "Strawberry." He murmured under his breath.

 

"Here." He gave the groceries to the owner and a trembling hands grabbed it. "I'm really sorry let me drive you ho-." His voice was cut off, like someone stole it away from him when he saw a familiar face of the boy.

 

"...Kyung...soo?" The driver whispered as he handed the groceries. Face was obviously showing a state of bewilderment.

 

The smaller one looked aghast as he saw the guy standing in front of him. He immediately grabbed the plastic that the taller boy was giving him and started walking. Or was he running?

 

"Wait!" The boy shouted but Kyungsoo ignored his calls.

 

"Kyungsoo wait!" He keeps on shouting, calling Kyungsoo's name but the shorter keeps on walking and not planning to stop.

 

The driver contemplated for a moment 'cause he has a car. What does he suppose to do with it?

 

"!" He cursed and closed the door and locked it. After he was sure that it was locked, he left his car on the sidewalk and sprinted to cross the road and chased after Kyungsoo. He will just deal with the penalty later. Kyungsoo is more important.

 

The cars start running back and forth and its difficult for him to cross that. Well, damn. He doesn't care. He motioned his hand for a stop to the cars and some of the drivers keep horning to the boy angrily cause he's crossing the road and it's very dangerous.

 

Fortunately, he crossed the other side of the road safely and he saw the little figure who walks faster compared to some other people who walks in a normal pace on the side walk.

 

He ran towards the figure to stop him from walking. He holds the shoulder of the shorter boy and spun him around.

 

"Kyungsoo." He panted catching his breath.

 

"Leave me alone." Kyungsoo said sternly without looking at the boy and continued his long stride.

 

"I won't do that." The driver said in an annoyed tone.

 

Kyungsoo scoffed and halted. He looked at the boy in disbelief. "You won't do that? You're good at that, aren't you Jongin?" Kyungsoo hissed the taller's name. He was angry. Furious even that he could punch the taller boy straight in the face then and there if he was not holding his grocery bags.

 

Jongin was apalled when Kyungsoo said that. He was speechless. Like the cat got his tongue.

 

"That's what I thought." Kyungsoo sarcastically remarked when he didn't hear any response from the younger. He started walking and Jongin was froze on his spot for a moment while he looks at the back of Kyungsoo fading and blend with the crowd.

 

Jongin's phone rang and fetched it unconsciously, answering the call.

 

"Hello?" He said in a monotone. His gaze still glued at the direction where he last saw Kyungsoo.

 

"Oppa? Where are you? I've been waiting here for almost 15 minutes." Its a girl's voice and she sounded irritated from waiting that long.

 

Jongin woke up from his trance when he realized that he was going to meet someone. Or rather, some girl.

 

"I'm sorry. Just caught in a little traffic. I'll be there in a moment." Jongin excused.

 

"Okay. Hurry up. I already ordered us food."

 

"Okay." Then Jongin hung up and went back to where he left his car, good thing there was no paper that he will deal with when he reached where he parked his car illegally. He got inside and slammed the door closed and drove to where he will meet Hyemi. The girl he met two months ago.

 

===

 

When Kyungsoo felt that he was far away from Jongin, after taking those long strides and walk as if someone was chasing after him, he looked over his shoulder to confirm it. He heaved a deep sigh in disappointment in relief that he doesn't know he was holding when he saw no one followed him. He touched his chest and his heart was beating really fast against his chest. It was pounding eratically against his ribcage that it almost jumped out from his body.

 

"Why is he here?" He asked himself. He noticed that he was in front of the building of his apartment and slowly walked in.

 

The guard asked him if he's okay cause he was clutching his chest and his breath was uneven. He said that he was fine and he was just out of breath for walking. He thanked the guard and went inside the elavator and enter his apartment's floor.

 

When he was inside, he let go of his groceries at the doorstep and directly go to his couch and buried his face on one of those throw pillows. Why did he meet him today? Why now? Why not other day? Did he deserve everything that was happening to him? What did he do from his previous life to deserve this cruelty? Why is it haunting him now? He was ready to move it. He was almost there but then his nightmare, or so he thought, came back.

 

===

 

Jongin arrived at the restaurant and saw Hyemi drinking a glass of wine.

 

When the girl noticed him approaching, she smiled sweetly, stood up and kissed Jongin's cheek.

 

They talked, or rather, Hyemi talks and Jongin listens. Hyemi ignored the odd behaviour of Jongin and continue on what she was saying. Telling Jongin what happened the whole day and that she misses him. Jongin just nodded in response as if he was listening.

 

Jongin doesn't know what she was talking about. All he could think was Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo's voice, Kyungsoo's face, Kyungsoo's smile... Oh how he loved that smile. He missed Kyungsoo so much it hurts.

 

He keeps fidgeting on his seat and he wants to see Kyungsoo. He wants to explain himself about leaving the older. He's at fault, he knew that. He wants the older back and he'll do anything to get him. It was always Kyungsoo. It was always him.

 

He made up his mind and wants to get his Kyungsoo back tonight. It will be a perfect time to meet him before the special moment will happen. He doesn't want to make a mistake for the second time.

 

He excused himself to Hyemi and said that he needs to be somewhere important.

 

"But oppa. The first snow will fall soon." She argued and a pout started playing her lips.

 

Jongin, again, will leave someone on the first snow. But its not like their relationship was serious. He only love Kyungsoo and only him.

 

"That is why I need to go before its too late." Then he sprinted out the restaurant and dial the familiar number leaving a confused girl behind.

 

Truth be told, Jongin has been in Korea two months ago. He tried to reach Kyungsoo but he heard that the older got an apartment and staying alone, leaving his parents to be independent. His phone number also changed and he doesn't want to bother Kyungsoo's parents and asked his whereabouts. So his last resort? He contacted his best friend, Sehun.

 

 The younger on the other hand, doesn't want to disclose any information about Kyungsoo. Said that the latter was doing better now and doesn't want Jongin to bother his quiet life again.

 

Sehun and Jongin met secretly. Only Sehun knew that Jongin arrived in Korea. Even Luhan, Sehun's boyfriend doesn't have any idea about it. Jongin doesn't want anybody to know his arrival. Sehun agreed to it without bothering to know the reason behind all that. 

 

The reason why Sehun didn't tell Jongin about Kyungsoo's whereabout because he witnessed how Kyungsoo was after Jongin left him years ago. He was like a walking corpse. He doesn't talk to anybody. It seemed like Kyungsoo shut his friends out of his life. He doesn't want it to happen again. He doesn't want to see Kyungsoo sad anymore.

 

Though Jongin said the reason why he left, the younger still not convinced. Sehun adviced Jongin to wait, but Jongin argued that he waited long enough and its not his choice why he left.

 

Sehun knew where Jongin came from, he is his best friend after all. But so is Kyungsoo. To assure his best friend, he told Jongin that he will be there for him whatever happened, that he will support him but he needs to do it by himself. If he wants Kyungsoo back, he needs to do it with effort.

 

Jongin knew that Sehun has a point. He needs to do it if he wants him back. And he really wants him back. But Jongin is a jerk. That same day, he went to a bar and got wasted. That was the place where he met Hyemi. But she's just a fling. Jongin's a badass.

 

But now, it is over between them. Well, like they're committed with each other on the first place. He doesn't need to explain himself and she knows it. They were just blinded by their need  with each other.

 

===

 

Sehun and Luhan were walking on the sidewalk to their shared apartment. Luhan's arm wrapped lovingly on Sehun's waist and head rested on the taller's chest. While Sehun's arm protectively rested on the older's shoulder.

 

"Sehunnie." Luhan said in a sweet low voice.

 

"Hmm?"

 

"What do you want to do on the first snow?" Said the older with a hidden agenda behind his sweet voice.

 

Sehun raised his eyebrow and looked at the his boyfriend then smirked as Luhan winked at him. He chuckled a little. "Whatever you want Hannie." and kissed his crown.

 

"What I want to do is-" Luhan trailed off pretending like he was thinking what to do and Sehun was waiting for him patiently with a knowing smile plastered on his pretty face.

 

But before Luhan could speak, Sehun's phone rang. He checked the caller I.D and saw that it was Jongin.

 

"I'll answer it first. I can't wait what you are planning." Sehun grinned before answering the call. Luhan rolled his eyes and untagled his arm from his boyfriend.

 

"Yow." Sehun answered casually.

 

"Hey Sehun. I can I ask you a favor?" Jongin answered on the other line. And his voice was urgent. Sehun could tell. He has an idea what was the call all about.

 

"Jongin, if this is about Kyungsoo-"

 

"Sehun listen to me first. You don't understand." Jongin interrupted.

 

As the mention of Jongin's name and Kyungsoo's, Luhan's eyes widened and looked at Sehun seeking for an explanation. Sehun knows what his boyfriend was thinking. "Later", he mouthed to his boyfriend. Luhan's eyebrows knitted and crossed his arms. Sehun held his boyfriend's arms while walking and talking with Jongin.

 

"I need to see him tonight, its now or never." Jongin pleaded desperately and Sehun felt bad. He knew how much Jongin loved Kyungsoo. He was there when their love bloomed. He witnessed everything that happened. The sleepless nights of his bestfriend. The time when Jongin excitedly told him about Kyungsoo's sweet voice when they talked on the phone in an ungodly hour. He remembered everything and maybe its time for his two bestfriends to rekindle their relationship. Whatever happens, at least he did his part, right?

 

Sehun sighed. "Okay. What do you want me to do?" He gave in to his best friend. He thought that maybe its time for them to talk. To make up or have a closure.

===

Kyungsoo stared blankly at the random shows on his television but his mind was on somewhere else. (Or was it someone?) Oh right. Jongin was here. How could he forget. He stuffed his mouth with a spoon full of his strawberry icecream. Yikes!

 

"Stupid Jongin for coming back! Stupid icecream maker for making this terrible icecream." He muttered as he stabbed his strawberry flavored icecream with his spoon.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter