Remember how we met, Sasori?

My Puppet??

The Past

"Tag! you're it, Kimi!"
"Get ready to run! I'll get you!" I yelled to the other village children. It was a sunny day, that i remember. I also remember a 7 year old boy siting alone on the sandstone stairs. I always wonder if he's alonly or he need a friend with him.

"I want to go to him, but I'm scare if he rejects me." I said without noticing.

Ami responded "Are you thinking about Sasori, again?" as she said that she puts on a cheesey smile, "do you like him or something?" .

Hearing that made me blush and turned around "n-n-no... its just-" before I could finish my sentence, 

"Kimi has a crush!" yelled Ami.

I turned around and cover my face, I peeked at Sasori. Sasori made eye contact and smiled and waved at me. I waved back with my right hand and my left to cover. I slowly go up to Sasori,

"Can I sit next to you?" Sasori quickly answered "sure" and he makes room for me to sit next to him.

"Ami is such a liar, she thinks that i like you. Not like love you-u I mean like not as a lover. Like-e" I was getting awkward. Sasori laughed,

"I get what your saying", he added "it's nice having friends. You have someone to be happy with, to cry with and to protect them, too" I was touched by his words. I sat closer to him

"I want be your friend, if you want." Sasori and I laughed together. It felt nice having a new friend. Until the day after, everyone at school ignored me for being friends with Sasori.

"Sasori is a loner", "ditch him and come with us!" .

I said "No". I went up to Ami,

"good morning Ami", but she ignored me. My best friend rather be with other people than me. I was devastated and the whole day of school for me was hell. When the school time was over I sat under a tree, crying.

"What's wrong?"

I looked up, "oh it's just you, Sasori, sniff" 

Sasori pulled out his cloth handkerchief,

"here to wipe of your tears" and hands me it.

"Thanks, you're a good friend" I wiped my tears and looked at Sasori's shoes, trying not to make eye contact. Sasori took a handcrafted wooden puppet out and started to attached his charka strings on to it. Sasori puts the puppet on the grass where I could see. Sasori moved his fingers like his fingers were dancing on the stage. The puppet grabed a daisy flower from the school garden and came towards to me.

"Wow", I said "thank you, I feel much better." Sasori continued doing tricks. After that his granny gave me his address so we can have a play dates. 


The days passed and my friendship with Sasori grew bigger. I went to his house many times. Sasori's parents was at the White Fang War and he always talks about them. Sasori taught me few things about making puppets. I helped Sasori making my very first puppet called DaisyIt wasn't like filled with secret weapons and poison. It was like just a special puppet made by Sasori. His granny loves my outgoing personality. I always go there everyday and every night. Sasori and I became best friends. I taught Sasori how to create items with metal. All those things were happiness in my memories until Sasori found out his granny was keeping a secret about his parents death. Sasori never came out in his room, he didn't let me in or his granny. The sounds in his room; 

"chip chip" 

"slam slam"

it sounded like he was making puppets. His granny and I was worried. Few days after, Sasori let me in his room. 

"Sasori! Are you feeling well? Granny and I are worry about you!" And hugged him. Behind him I saw two puppets laying on the ground. 

"I have seen these faces..."

Sasori softly said "Kimi, meet my mom and dad" pointing at his puppets. "Those puppets are made of my two precious people" he added. Sasori went between his mom and dad puppets. He moved his fingers and the puppets moved.

"Is Sasori making them to hug him?" I wondered. It was scary, for the first time, Sasori mastered the human puppet. Behind me, granny was also shocked, peeking behind the door. 

"Sasori..." She said.

Suddenly Sasori dropped his puppets and making a scary face. 

"Are you scare, Kimi? Are you amazed by my talents?" sasori asked me. I gulped with a little fear. Thinking Sasori would do these things. taking his dead parents body into a puppet.

"No.." I answered to him. "You're my best friend and I can't leave you" I went up to Sasori and hugged him tight. Sasori felt lonley for a long time without love from someone. 

"Kimi.." And hugged me back. That was the day that I promise to stay with Sasori.