Puppy Meets Werewolf (2/2)

Puppy Meets Werewolf

Puppy Meets Werewolf Final


 

The night passed without Donghae’s knowledge. His fretting parents gathered him up off the forest ground and into their arms while a fled Hyukjae was long gone. All remained blind to puppy’s dreamland.

And so with not a single worry the next morning, puppy Donghae blinked open his cocoa colored orbs and screamed for milk upon his awakening. Gurgling pleasantly, the baby gulped down the contents of which Umma Leeteuk was all too readily prepared with. Once done, puppy flung his bottle from the cot and hopped out, ready for another day’s adventure.

“Oh no you don’t.” Umma Leeteuk scolded, seizing the puppy dog by his nappy.

“Huwaaaaaaaaaaah~”

“Listen Hae Hae, your crying isn’t going to work this time. You can’t just run off like that! Appa and I almost lost you last night.”

“I’m sorry Umma,” Chocolate teared followed by sniffles “I just want to play with Hyukkie Monster again.”

“Eh? Who?”

“I dunno” Donghae evaded Umma’s gaze. Puppy knew exactly with whom he wanted to see. It was the werewolf boy Hyukjae. But he also knew there was something fishy about the man because Uncle Heechul had described him as ‘scary monster Hyukkie’ in baby’s bedtime story.

Given, that was of course the reason why baby first sought out the ‘scary monster, Hyukjae’ but after yesterday, Donghae couldn’t understand what was so scary about him. He seemed nice enough, at least in his willingness to put up with naughty baby Hae’s antics.

“Can you take me to see him Umma?”

“And you don’t know his name?”

“Er.. yeah.. I dunno his name.”

“Well, do you know where to find him?”

“Yes! Umma he lives in a big pretty tlee!”

“Baby, you mean t-r-ee. Okay yes, all is well, we’ll work on your pronunciation later. For now, lets be off to find this man of mystery. Heechul come with me. Hangeng, I’m leaving the kids to you.”

“I’ll cook Umma!”

“Yes sweetie Wookie, I know you will.”

“And I’ll help!”

“Er.. Why don’t you stay out of the kitchen baby Shindong.” With a pout, the adorably plump puppy relented.

“Alright, kids we’ll be back soon. Don’t bother Uncle Hankyung too much.”

“Yes Umma, we love you” Replied baby Kyuhyun, Sungmin, Henry, Ryeowook, and Shindong.

“Now Hae baby, where is this tree you speak of?”

“Ugh. Why do I even have to come? Wasn’t my babysitting last time good enough?”

“Stop complaining Heechul, there is a fine reason I brought you.”

“Umma, this way!”

“Yes, yes baby.”

20 minutes passed and the trio was standing before a familiar majesty of earthy life.

Heechul stood gaping while an anxious Leeteuk stood frozen.

“Umma, call him.”

“E-eh?” Leeteuk stuttered.

“It’s Lee Hyukjae!” spat Heechul.

All eyes flew to the fuming cat.

“I was afraid it was going to be him. Is it true baby Hae? Is the one you wanted see Lee Hyukjae?”

Leeteuk asked nicely but Donghae was still afraid, he didn’t want to disappoint his Umma. He suddenly felt nervous and a throng of butterflies swarmed within his belly. Oddly enough, a mass of the same bugs flew amidst the trio mid-air.

The cat male Heechul was pleasantly amused distracted picking at the sparkling creatures, when the door to the vast of tree sprung open and from it emerged an oddly taller and scruffier Lee Hyukjae. His form looked unkempt, his usual brunette hair illuminated a fiery red color and his standard sharp features appeared even more edgy, almost piercing.

Time froze for a split second as all four animals took in the sight of each other.

Donghae was happy to see Hyukjae again but he wasn’t oblivious to the practically tangible tension plaguing the atmosphere.

Heechul was about to utter some rubbish but Leeteuk managed to cut him off, “It’s been a while Hyukjae.”

The werewolf refused to raise his head. He remained staring at the lush green of forest floor.

“How have you been?”

A scoff.

Donghae couldn’t tell if it came from Heechul or from Hyukjae.

“I-I, w-we-“ Leeteuk stammered.

“Never want to see you again!”

“Heechul!” The oldest dog corrected.

Roar!

And then Donghae saw it. The fangs which lurked within werewolf’s jaw, the claws that his nails grew to be, the sprouts of fur raising from behind his neck and shoulders.

Hyukjae didn’t look like a pushover anymore, he looked… scary.

Heechul yelped in fear and quickly dove to hide behind Umma Leeteuk.

Leeteuk tried to pacify the situation but Hyukjae had taken off again.

The auburn canine sighed and his doggy ears came drooping down in an exasperated manner. “Why did you have to say that Heechul?”

“Because its true! We never want to see that blood , cannibalizing moron again!”

“Heechul! Don’t talk like that in front of the baby.”

The raven-haired feline turned to Donghae almost apologetically but his vehemence hadn’t dissipated.

The journey home was filled with an uncomfortable silence.

Donghae huddled against Umma Leeteuk’s chest. Puppy disliked conflict.

“Hello my darlings, where have you all been out today?” Appa Kangin placed a welcome kiss atop Umma Leeteuk’s head and upon baby Hae’s cheek.

Donghae squealed happily and pursed his lips for another bobo but Umma Leeteuk quietly dismissed himself while Heechul found a lovely corner to ignite his sulking.

Soon, order was restored as Uncle Hankyung tended to Uncle Heechul and Appa Kangin tended to Umma Leeteuk.

Baby Donghae was left to ponder though. And that’s exactly what he did, staring at a full moon outside his bedroom window.

“Hae-ah what’s wrong? Why aren’t you playing with us?”

“I don’t really feel like playing right now Minnie-ah.” Donghae admitted, unfazed by the moon. He felt fascinated by the celestial beauty tonight.

“Hae, the moon is shining really bright huh? I heard that something is supposed to happen tonight.”

“Huh? What is it Sungmin-ah.”

“I dunno. I just heard it’s really mysterious.”

So Donghae waited, staring outside his bedside window, bewildered by the shining white.

And eventually it happened. The puppy heard a deep yowling noise. It startled him at first but then golden ears perked up and a keen snout twitched. The puppy was beyond curious Oh i’m curious yeah sajin sok nega sungan georeonawa wae Oh i’m so curious yeah, i’m so curious yeah so off again he wandered, out the den and into the mysterious forest. This time, it was nightfall and the moon was full.

Donghae endured unfazed, he had the moonlight guide him, and on to the howling noise he trekked.

The puppy endeavored his usual vine filled path only this time, the viny structures grew thorns! Royal green poked and bruised at the delicate skin until golden spurred red.

Stricken with deliria, the golden puppy settled on a protruding vine wrapped around a towering plant. Donghae tried to rest up there but without a firm grip, puppy found himself slipping once again.

He was about to start with his royal wailing when he heard the yowling noise nearing. It further distracted him and the golden padded paw let go of the leafy structure.

Roar!

Donghae felt warm. He felt soft. It was fur! The puppy dog lifted his head and recognized immediately, Hyukjae! But ‘scary Hyukkie’ looked different this time, he looked… scary, like a monster!

“Hyukkie monster?” Donghae feathered light touches along the protruding snout. He quickly retracted his paw when snarling teeth came hissing out.

Hyukjae didn’t mean it, he meant to ask ‘How did you know my name baby?’ but in his werewolf form, he wasn’t capable of words, only snarls.

He tried to make a less frightening noise for the child but it came out like a strangled choking sound.

Donghae giggled.

Hyukjae observed. He meant to do it again but this time his snout contorted and eyes widened. It looked oddly like.. a monkey! And Donghae burst into appeased laughter.

Hyukjae wriggled the puppy in his arms, content with the delighted sounds coming from it. He wanted to start a conversation, but his limited dialogue prevented that so he settled for more monkey faces. This time, he tried to imitate a gorilla and puppy couldn’t handle it.

Golden wailed in laughter, his clumsy puppy paws flailing all over the place. One second, the paw hit Hyukjae in the snout and the unexpected collision caused the werewolf to sneeze.

Donghae broke into another fit of giggles because Hyukjae-werewolf-sneezing looked like a baboon trying to flirt!

Suddenly, “Hyukjae you- **insert inappropriate language, avert your eyes young ones**”

A thundering roar from the now provoked werewolf was enough to shut the cat like male up. The skinny hissing feline inadvertently rushed behind Kangin Appa and Umma Leeteuk.

“Hae!” The frightened Umma called for his baby, tears prickling the corners of his orbs.

Appa Kangin stepped forward when another raging roar emanated from the transformed creature.

With baby Hae cradled within his furry grasp, werewolf was feeling particularly protective. He had momentarily forgotten though, that these were the child’s parents.

“Hyukkie monster~” Donghae feathered soft traces against the snarled snout. “Its okay, these are my parents and my uncle.”

“Hyukjae, don’t you dare hurt Hae, not like you did to Siwon!”

ROAR!

It was directed at Heechul’s stupid remark, but the roar was enough to scare Appa Kangin and Umma Leeteuk as well.

That’s when Leeteuk noticed the slight bruises braising his baby’s skin. He was about to alert Appa Kangin when he detected something more. Those cuts, they didn’t look like they were from claws or fangs. They looked like they were from thorns of the vines that Donghae loved to climb so much! Leeteuk also took note of the very tight hold the werewolf secured around the baby dog even though his transformed figure made it somewhat awkward.

“Kangin, I think Hyukjae was protecting Donghae.”

“Eh? But jagiya, Hyukjae is a monster.”

“Kangin! Do not speak like that, you know better. Look at those bruises on Donghae.”

“EH?!”

“No, look closer.”

“They.. they look like thorns! From the vines that baby likes to climb so much!”

“Yes Yeobo! Don’t you think Hyukjae must have been protecting Donghae?”

“Really jagiya, you think so?”

“Yes! I think so! I told you, I told you all along! Hyukjae is not a monster, I knew it!”

“But what about Siwon?”

“I-I’m not sure about that one Yeobo.” And Leeteuk looked to lock orbs with Hyukjae. The beast’s ferocity had died down and what remained was an expression of earnest sincerity.

Leeteuk took a step closer and held out his arms.

A nervous but prepared Appa Kangin trailed behind while an unnoticed hissing Heechul remained at the forefront.

Hyukjae approached gradually and delicately placed a squirming puppy within the older dog’s grasp. Baby reached to place a wet puppy kiss to fiery red’s placated snout and waved good-bye.

The illuminated brunette shared one last soulful glance with Umma Leeteuk before chasing after the night’s moonlight. He hoped he had conveyed enough with those glances, enough to express the unspoken words.

Werewolf ran for miles before he finally slowed and made a pit stop.

The scruffy dog laid himself upon the outskirts of forest terrain and recalled the past events.

 

-

 

It was the first time he underwent transformation. The day started off like any other. He’d met with Heechul Hyung for afternoon classes as per usual. Together the duo traveled through forest green and down to the main town. They’d stopped by the hospital for an afternoon visit with classmate Siwon who was suffering from a deformation due to his hybrid horse form. The complications caused him fatigue and often collapsing.

Hyukjae offered to take the horse boy for a walk while the cat brought the trio a few drinks.

While excited with his coffee concoctions, the feline took a 180-degree turn in mood when he’d found his two best students completely covered in blood! And what he saw was a collapsed Siwon and a transformed Hyukjae.

Of course, it was only natural to assume.

Only, that’s not how it went down.

Stop.

Rewind. Like Zhoumi’s new song *fangirl squeal, Kyaaaaaa*

“Yah, not so fast, I’m gonna have a heart attack at this rate.”

“Ah, I’m sorry Siwon-shhi, I didn’t mean to walk so fast.”

“Hey man, I was just teasing. What’s wrong Hyuk? You look off.”

“Ahh its nothing, I’ve just been feeling kinda strange today.”

“Oh really? You know it’s a full moon, they say it makes you a little loony.”

“Hah! Nice joke.” Hyukjae nudged the auburn horse on the shoulder but the dog was unaware of his own strength.

Siwon tried to shoulder the blow but his sickly figure lost footing and began spiraling down the walkway’s ledge.

“No! Siwon!” Hyukjae immediately jumped off the ledge following his friend, only to his own fall.

Only, he didn’t fall, he landed perfectly steady on his two feet, but minutes after Siwon.

Hyukjae had transformed mid-air. Upon the adrenaline rush, regular canine transformed into full-fledged werewolf.

The rugged wolf boy stared at the limp body before him, blood splashed all over the hybrid’s body as well as his own.

And then Heechul appeared.

 

-

 

Hyukjae tossed on the forest green, shifting his position while deviating into another memory.

“I’m sorry Hyukjae-ah, I don’t think it would be a good idea for you to be around here anymore.”

“But Uncle Kangin, it’s still me, I’m still Hyukjae! Please just let me explain.”

“I know I know, but after what happened no one is going to understand this.”

“But it’s not my fault! What am I supposed to do?”

Silently, canine Kangin raised his index finger to his lips, signaling the newly transformed canine to lower his voice.

For Umma Leeteuk stood, cradling a newborn golden puppy within his embrace. He watched after Hyukjae, afraid to say anything in front of Appa Kangin for he knew not the details, he just knew that Hyukjae was still Hyukjae. The same student who’d obediently attended Heechul’s afternoon lessons and would thoughtfully make sure to transfer the notes to his sickly classmate Siwon. Hyukjae was a good boy and Leeteuk did not like the idea of banning him.

However, it wasn’t he, but Appa Kangin who made the law under the forest of mysteries.

The fiery red brunette received the message and fumed off bitterly, never to return.

 

-

 

The next morning arrived and sneaky baby Hae managed to escape his Umma's keen eyeballs.

Umma was busy changing baby Kyuhyun's nappy. The brunette puppy, Kyuhyun was too excited, blasting his own royal voice while kicking his chubby paws. Everyone had gathered previously and made a pretend concert with him as the star!

Oblivious and audacious puppy Hae climbed his thornless vines as usual, taking a bite out of one of them and then immediately spitting it out. "Yuck!"

When would they ever turn yummy, he thought.

Baby Donghae climbed and climbed forest green until he was met with the majesty that was Hyukjae's tree once again.

Golden smiled gloriously, pleased with his efforts.

"HYUKKIE MONSTER!" The ever-royal voice boomed.

"Omo!" Werewolf startled, falling off of his chair.

He ran to the door and met with an overly enthused golden puppy. Chocolate dazzling.

Werewolf couldn't help but chuckle.

"Come here baby Donghae," and brunette held out his arms, "that's your name right?"

Puppy nodded.

"What are you doing here?" Hyukjae spoke to the puppy now nestled within his arms "Aren't your parents going to worry?"

And chocolate dazzled again, his head cocking to the side, "eheeeeeeeeeeeeeeh~"

The way cocoa orbs sparkled and the way thin pink lips pursed had Hyukjae letting out strange awkward noises. One could consider them giggles.

"Well, while I enjoy your little visits baby Hae, I don't think your parents do, let's get you back home huh?"

"No~ I don’ wanna!!" And thin quirked, pouting so hard, Hyukjae thought the tiny pink would fall off.

"Okay, why don't we just take a walk then?"

"Eheh~ ok!" And just like that, oblivious baby Hae obliged.

 

-

 

“Donghae!” Umma Leeteuk gasped a breath of relief, grabbing his child for the second time from werewolf’s grasp.

The way Golden’s usual bright orbs suddenly darkened in a manner of unbefitting defiance had Hyukjae relentlessly chortling in front of a rather exasperated canine Umma.

Werewolf couldn’t help it. Donghae was too adorable, even for his iced over cardiac organ.

And that awkward contortment of plump lips which slowly melted into a dazzlingly handsome smile had Umma Leeteuk sprouting a tender smile of his own.

Umma recognized in that boyish smile, the young student he was all too familiar with. “Hyukjae, why don’t you join us for dinner?”

Suddenly, reality sunk in and brunette realized where he was. How long had it been since he’d been back here, he’d lost track.

“I shouldn’t-“

“HUWAAAAAAAAAH”

 

-

 

The werewolf found himself seated at the Lee household in the dining room with a glistening puppy on his lap and an exuberant Leeteuk cooking up a storm within the adjacent kitchen.

“Oh my goodness! I don’t have any spice!” Umma pronounced.

“Oh uh-h I could go downtown and get some if you would like?” Werewolf offered.

“Oh! Yes, that would be perfect Hyukjae-ah!”

Brunette made to get up but couldn’t do so wholesomely. He looked to the weight pulling him down and chuckled (awkwardly) because a certain struggling puppy was jumping up and trying to catch his taller hand.

Hyukjae raised the puppy up into his arms and golden gurgled exultantly.

Werewolf averted his gaze back to Umma Leeteuk and said male nodded with a smile of reassurance.

 

-

 

“Baby, which spice do you think Uncle Leeteuk wants?”

Hyukjae met puppy’s pointed digit.

“Sugar?! That’s not a spice baby.”

“Eheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh~”

After picking out something more along the lines of a herbal spice, the pair made their way back to lush green.

Puppy tugged on Hyukjae’s fingers asking to be held again and Hyukjae effortlessly complied but-

“Oh! I’m so sorry I didn’t see you there.”

“Siwon!”

“Hyukjae?”

“Siwon!” Werewolf brightened and automatically hugged his horse friend.

“Hey man, it’s been a while!”

“It sure has,” Hyukjae’s crooked smile never faltered. In fact, it glistened so much, baby Hae holding Hyukjae’s hand nudged on it so hard the brunette almost fell over.

“Guuuuuuuuurr~” Puppy grumbled.

Hyukjae momentarily veered his attention from Siwon and peered down to meet sullen chocolate. The sight caused him to cackle.

He swooped up the golden furry ball and nuzzled his nose to the latter’s giving eskimo kisses. “Is someone jealous~?”

“Eheeeeeeeeeeeeh~” Chocolate sparkled again and thin pink pursed, happy with his bobo.

Hyukjae held the puppy close, patting golden every now and then as he chatted away with a much-healed Siwon.

 

-

 

Hyukjae was lost in his thoughts as the pair continued home.

Lost in happy thoughts.

He was happy that Siwon had healed. He was happy to see Leeteuk again. And he was happy that he had Donghae.

Donghae who had brought everything together for him.

He looked down to the puppy who clutched onto his digits.

Chocolate dazzled and pink smiled toothlessly.

Lifting the puppy into his embrace, Hyukjae returned the gesture, exposing his gummies.

“Hyukkie monster, can I be your puppy forever?”

Werewolf chortled.

“Yes baby, you can be my puppy Hae forever.” 

 


Puppy Meets Werewolf


 

#WordVomit Who wants an Epilogue?? ^-^

That’s 3000+ words for you lovelies, I’m expecting comments <333