Puppy Meets Werewolf (1/2)

Puppy Meets Werewolf

 


Puppy Meets Werewolf


 

“Hae baby it’s time for bed.”

“No! I don’ wanna.”

Heechul stared at the stubbornly pouting puppy. The creature glared with its baby fangs peering out in what appeared to be somewhat of a scary growl. But the chubby hind legs that were bucked off the floor and the stumbling fore paws which fumbled its way into a cute predatory stance deemed the puppy far more adorable than anything else.

“I’ll show you something scary.” Heechul threatened as he swooped the puppy dog into his arms and cradled the pacified figure within his arms.

“Eheeeeeeeeeh~” Donghae gurgled, chocolate glistening up into hazel.

Heechul cooed and wagged the chubby digits which wrapped around his single index finger.

“Once a pon a time..” The cat like male started.

 

-

 

“Umma I’m going out now.”

“Yah! Donghae I told you to stop calling me that, I’m a man for crying out loud.”

“Whatever you say Umma.”

“Yah! Lee Dong- ah! Kyuhyun get back here.”

The golden haired puppy giggled at his siblings. They all, himself included liked to cause trouble for Umma Leeteuk while Appa Kangin was out at work.

Donghae wriggled his nappy before proceeding to crawl out of the den.

It was only without Umma Leeteuk’s watchful eye that he managed to wonder off.

“Yah! Sungmin, stop dressing yourself in so much pink.” Donghae could hear less and less as he set knee and paw onto the soil of the forbidden mystery.

Well, it wasn’t that forbidden and it wasn’t that mysterious. The family had been out plenty, but it was only under Appa Kangin’s law and with Umma Leeteuk’s sentinel.

But today, the young puppy was out under his own law and with his own certainly, un-watchful eye. Yes, his eye was certainly not watchful. It was more like an eyeball hazed over within a dreamy fantasy.

Today, the golden puppy was determined to find within the forest of mystery, the scary werewolf creature that Uncle Heechul had mentioned in last night’s bedtime story.

 

-

 

Baby Donghae set chubby knees and curious paws a top the vine like structures that sprung from the ground beneath him. He wasn’t scared because the vines didn’t have thorns.  Instead, they were soft and cushioned the otherwise rough terrain of the earthy forest. 

Tangling within the vines, Donghae gurgled as he tried a piece of one of them. Immediately, he spit the roughness out, and contorted his face in a displeased manner. The vine didn’t taste very good.

Otherwise, the jubilant baby continued to crawl in appeased wonder. It was a pretty day. The sky shone of a bright pinkish orangish color. It emanated dusk.

The plants that sprung up like towers looked more like candies. The red and white colors contrasted against the green of the leafy life.

And the small burrows of the village life settled perfectly within the magical forest. Only one thing stood out. It was a majestic tree, one of great height, and great width. It was huge, enormous like Heechul’s cosplay collection.

And Donghae knew exactly who lived there. “Hyukkie monster come out and play with me.”

No response.

Puppy grew impatient but he knew exactly how to get what he wanted.

Soon, loud wails of hysteric whines could be heard.

A minute more passed and nothing.

5 minutes.

15 minutes.

The forest life grew disrupted. Birds chirped, hopping from their nested trees to distant others. Mammals from nearby burrows scurried away.

But not Donghae no, he just continued to cry. And cry he did, like nobody’s business.

30 minutes had passed when an encasing roar emanated from the now opened doors that framed the majestic tree.

The exhausted baby almost flew backwards from the deep rumble. But witnessing the presence before him, Donghae’s exuberance instantly rebirthed and almost as if he were bouncing, the puppy dog crawled his way up to the ‘scary monster.’

“What the? A baby!” Hyukjae spoke, flabbergasted.

“Uhuuuuuuuuuuuuuh~” Chocolate peered up into almond, shining as if his orbs themselves were astronomical stars.

“Uh.. I-I Eh-hem. What are you doing here baby? Where’s your family?”

“Eheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh~”

“Uh. Do you not speak?”

“Luuuuuuuuuuuuurr~”

Hyukjae stared agape. He did not have time for this. He was a werewolf for crying out loud. Did it look like he had time to be spending with a mere puppy dog? Well, if it did, it wasn’t true, ok?

“Look baby, I’m not sure how you got here but you need to get back okay?” Almond shaped orbs turned away, disappearing into his tree before chocolate ones could follow.

When the doors slammed, loud bellowing wails could be heard all over again. This time, they were of a screeching sound. Donghae was extremely discontented. He trekked all this way, only to be turned down? Turned down?! No, that was not in his vocabulary (which currently consisted only of cute gurgles).

After nobody tended to the puppy dog’s tears, baby took matters into his own hands. A fine climber he was, golden managed the branches stemming from the roots of Hyukjae’s tree. He clinged with his trimmed paws and gripped with his pads.

Secretly, Hyukjae watched the persisting figure.

From within the solitude of his confines, he worried as the puppy showed determination but not the agility required for reaching the nearest window amidst the many moss-covered branches.

Once padded paws slipped from the coated branch, frightened chocolate orbs squeezed shut and the small golden form huddled into a ball ready to fall-

“No baby!”

 

-

 

Donghae finally awoke and Hyukjae’s tensed features relented. He sighed at the baby within his arms, relieved that the child had simply been asleep for rest and not for something more complicated.

“Eheeeeeeeeeh~” Golden stretched and squirmed within the werewolf’s grasp. Puppy turned over, his belly down and head turned from Hyukjae. Standing on his hind legs, the baby wriggled his up and down motioning the heavy weight in his nappy.

“Oh no.” Hyukjae distinctly placed the baby down and stepped away from the wriggling figure.

“Eheeeeeeeeeh~” Donghae continued to toss, throwing his chubby paws out in an inviting fashion.

“Ugh! Seriously, what am I like, the new nanny in town?” Hyukjae grumbled as if expecting a response from the delighted baby in front of him.

Scruffy brunette held his nose and delicately approached the nappy entrenched puppy dog.

He undid the knots on the cloth and slowly raised the chubby legs up to clean the stained bottom. After gently rinsing the mess off Hyukjae realized, he didn’t have an extra nappy.

“! Oh I mean.. uh sherbet! Yea, sherbet uhhm so Baby, I don’t have any more nappies.”

“Keeeeeeeeeeeh~” Dazzling chocolate smiled and playful paws raised as if asking to be held as Donghae kicked and squirmed happily.

A small contortment of features rose upon the werewolf’s face; one could call it a smile. And the man slowly grasped onto the smaller fist and gently locked fingers with it.

“Uhuhuhuhuhuh~” Donghae could not get enough of the sharp features which contorted in all contradicting directions, once upset and so contorted downwards but now the opposite, contorted upwards.

“Well, looks like you’re just gonna have to free ball it kid.”

“Guuuuuuuuuurr~” Donghae grew worried at the older’s words.

“Oh, you don’t like that huh?” Hyukjae made a weak attempt at trying to smile again. It looked like the time Uncle Yesung tried to smile when he purchased his first turtle. It did not reassure the baby.

“Okay, You can do this Hyukjae, think! Ok, okay, hang on baby, I have some cloth upstairs, I’ll be right back okay.”

Donghae was a mischievous little kid. He knew how to talk, he had been talking to his Umma Leeteuk after all. But saying that to Hyukjae now would ruin all the fun, wouldn’t it?

So, as the clever little baby he was, Donghae continued his gurgles, patiently naughtily awaiting Hyukjae’s return.

“Baby, I found this old rag that I never used. I actually don’t know why I’ve never used it, I mean its pretty-WHAT THE! Baby, I just cleaned you, you weren’t done yet? Ugh! Look at you, you’re a mess now.”

And so was the rest of Hyukjae’s counter. A mess of bodily excretions, yes it was!

Hyukjae didn’t have a baby tub so into his life sized bathroom tub he set the puppy. “Uhhm okay, can you uhhm just rinse off here, yes? Okay I’ll leave you to it.”

“Huwaaaaaaaaaaaaah~” Flustered reddened cheeks conveyed the dismay of which puppy thought about Hyukjae’s remark.

“What? You don’t expect me to wash you, do you?”

Silence.

“Ugh. Well, I guess there’s a first for everything.” And the reluctant male inched forward towards the bubbly wet gold. He proceeded for the puppy when into the tub he was pulled.

 

-

 

Guuuuuuuuuuuurr. This time, it wasn’t another of baby’s gurgles, it was his tummy.

“Baby, are you hungry?” Hyukjae received his answer when a mix of slobber and baby teeth gnawed on his forearm.

“huhuhuhuhuhuh~”

And the same strange contortment of features marked the crooked man’s face.

“Alright baby, lets get you something to eat!” Hyukjae remarked as he slung the puppy over his shoulders and into a sitting position.

“Waaaaaaaaaaah~” Chocolate sparkled and furry paws spread.

“Do you like it up there baby? What do you see?” And Hyukjae made to look up but with Donghae on his shoulders, he looked a like a monkey pursing his plump lips, and trying to peer upwards.

He gave up and brought golden back down.

Puppy reached for the counter which Hyukjae was working on their sandwiches.

Once lifted, Donghae smacked his hand into the sauce bowl and smacked the saucy hand against Hyukjae’s leveled cheek.

Brunette immediately retracted. He stared, shocked at the puppy. Werewolf was at a loss for words. He could feel the screws in his dome, slowly unscrewing themselves.

But then Chocolate dazzled and Golden meant to dab again.

Hyukjae’s screws hastily went back to churning and he grabbed that paw before golden could start a new mess.

“You’re a naughty one, aren’t you?” Hyukjae teased, washing off the puppy’s sauce covered digits.

“Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh~” Chocolate glistened. This had to be the most fun he’d had in a while!

 

-

 

“Puppy, don’t you think its time to go home now? Don’t you have parents? Aren’t they going to worry?”

The words went unheard.

Donghae was too snug and cozy after bathing and eating. He was nestled warmly into Hyukjae’s embrace. The werewolf had golden wrapped in a fur blanket for fear of him catching cold. Small golden paws clutched onto the man’s shirt as chocolate dreamily fell shut.

“No, no you can’t sleep. What am I going to do with you?”

The werewolf hurried outside hoping to wake the baby and perhaps gain some knowledge of where it came from but Donghae only nestled further into the man’s chest.

“Ugh. From nanny, I’ve become the mother.” Hyukjae commented sassily. Though somewhere inside his heart of ice, a small flame lit and he didn’t mind it so much.

Brunette continued to walk the trail of a quiet nighttime forest. He opened his mouth and began to sing for the half unconscious baby who remained cuddled in his grasp. He’d never attempted to sing before because well, he was a werewolf and any long pitched noise coming out of his mouth sounded more like a howl! But it seemed to work for the puppy thus far.

20 minutes passed before light whimpers sounded and Hyukjae determined it was time to head back home.

“Baby, what are we gonna do with you, its not right to fall asleep in a stranger’s arms you know?” Hyukjae teased, tickling the chubby cheek. Donghae turned, slightly grumbling but enduring his dreamland.

That same strange contortment of features appeared on Hyukjae’s face when- “Donghae! Donghae, where are you?”

“Eh, Baby, do you hear that?” Hyukjae walked closer to the sound but when he saw where it was coming from, his heart thudded and breathe quickened. This is exactly why he never left his tree.

With a look of distaste and a sting in his chest, brunette set the wrapped up baby down, amidst a clear path where it was bound to be found, and took off on his lonesome.

 


Puppy Meets Werewolf: First Chapter End