001

Stuffed Animal

'Crap.' was the first thing you said the moment you opened your eyes. 

 

This was basically how you start your day every morning. Ever since you left home at the age of 17, you stayed at the apartment your parents had bought for you. But that was it. You told them to take back whatever furniture that was already bought for you and decided to work to earn money, both for your studies and your basic necessities. You weren't those incredibly smart people, so you didn't get any scholarship to enter any university. Plus, seeing that your family was rich, the government probably didn't see the reason to give you one. So you thought, Fine. I'll earn my way to a spot in a university. This is gonna be easy. which was until you tried looking for  a job. 

It took you about three months until you finally got a job at a cafe. Although the pay was not that high, you worked as hard as you could. But of course, the amount of money you collected after working for a few months still couldn't accommmodate the amount of money you needed to enter university. So you  searched for another part-time job. Since your cafe shift was from 3 pm till midnight, you looked for a job which requires you to work in the morning. And so, after constant interviews, you finally landed a job as a librarian. Which meant waking up at 6 in the morning. Which also meant that you only had 6 hours of sleep, at most. And the interval you had between your two jobs was only two hours, giving you only enough time to grab your lunch and rest a bit. 

And because of your lack of sleep, oversleeping has been common to you. But of course, it meant you were late for work.

 

 

You glanced at your watch, '6.15 a.m' you cursed under your breath. You nearly tripped over your shoelaces, but thanks to your quick reflex, you managed to keep running without having to waste your time being sprawled out on the pavement. The moment you reached the library, you were quickly relieved when you saw Yixing, your fellow librarian, already opening up the library. He saw you and gave you his ever famous dimpled smile, which made your heart flutter.

 

"Y-Yixing-ah" you said, bent over at the waist, with your hands on your knees, trying to catch your breath, "I'm sorry...I was late, I...I overslept."

Yixing came over to ruffle your hair, while using his free hand to oat your shoulder, "It's fine, Yoojin. You're lucky I remembered that you had your late night shift at the cafe last night. So I got a heads-up, and got to the library to open up beforehand. But you better start trying to be early,the big boss is starting to get suspicious."

 

You gave him a grateful smile. He opened the door to the library and you immediately started doing what you needed to do, as scheduled. Yixing on the otherhand, went to the counter to arrange some stuff. Silence came between the both of you, but it was rather the comfortable type. It was still early, so there wouldn't be anybody who would come to the library, which was why you constantly questioned why you had to come early when there wouldn't be anyone who would come to the library until it was 7.30, at earliest. But you never dared, more like never bothered, to ask. You just needed money.

The silence was broken when Yixing spoke.

"Um...Yoojin?"

You stopped sweeping, and went over to lean against the table near the counter. You used this chance re-tie your hair into a bun. 

"Yeah?"

From where you stood, you could see that Yixing had his chin rested upong his palms, his elbows propped up on the counter. He gave you a smile, but you couldn't tell what it meant.

"You...do you still...do you still like him?"

You were taken aback. Apart from being a fellow librarian, Yixing was also one of your closest friend. He knew about your crush towards Jongin. Which you have decided to put the thought at the back of your head eversince you knew he only had eyes towards somebody else. Yixing was the one who held your back the whole time. In fact, he was the one who was always there when nobody was at your side. He supported you, albeit knowing that you had eyes for Jongin. He had feelings for you. You knew. He confessed to you once, but knew you couldn't return his feelings. He was okay with that, as long as you remained friends. He could accommodate with that. But he doesn't know if he could stand it any longer.

"Yixing, I thought, you knew well that we were over that a long time ago..why..why are you asking this again?"

"I...I don't know. I just, I don't want you to get hurt."

Your heart melted at his confession. You gave him your best smile, before coming over to give him a friendly hug. 

"Yah. Are you serious? We both know that I've grown an immune towards this kind of things." You gave him a ruffle on the hair, which made him smile, "but thanks for worrying about me. I really, really don't know what I'd do without you."

You knew quite well about how you said you've grown an immune towards being hurt, because you weren't sure if you were being honest. And it was true, you didn't know what you'd do if Yixing wasn't there. 

 

You stayed in that postion for a few seconds, until it started getting a little awkward and you quickly pulled away. Yixing felt disappointed at lost of contact, but he understood why you pulled away so quickly. Most of all, he knew your actual answer. He knew you were still hurt. But he couldn't do anything, because the more he tried to help you, the more he was hurting himself.

 

He was in too deep.

 

 

I'm sorry Yixing, but I think, yes I do. I still do like Kim Jongin.

 


 

 

Your day at the library went by normally, albeit the little incident you had with Yixing this morning. It was actually bugging you a little since you knew you just made Yixing felt a little worse than when you told him you couldn't return his feelings when he confessed a while ago. He always seemed to be okay with it. He acted like nothing ever happened. He acted neutral. 

 

 

But you knew it was all an act. Just an act. He was hurt. A lot. And you couldn't do anything. Cause you didn't want to hurt, or be hurt.

 

 

It was almost the end of your shift, somebody else would come and take over your shift for the rest of the day. Yixing worked here full time. Back when you first started working here, you had absolutely no idea that Yixing was working as a librarian here too. You were delighted when you found out your high school buddy was working here too. After high school ended, everyone basically went their own ways. That day was basically the last day you saw the love of your life. You didn't know where he went. The last time you heard of him, he was going out with that stuck-up from high-school. She was everything you're not. Which was the reason he liked her, he adored her. She hated you though, and oh, the feeling was mutual.

 

You glanced at your watch, the watch your dad bought you for your 16th birthday. It was 12.30 p.m. Half an hour till your shift ended. 

 


 

 

 

It was a sunny morning, and you just got up to get ready to go over to Jongin's house. He had a small barbecue party to celebrate him getting his driver's license. which you did not understand why he needed to celebrate. It was just a license. But you went anyways. 

The party wouldn't be starting till 12 p.m and it was still early. But you decided to come over and see what you could do to help. 

Upon arriving, Jongin was especially ecstatic to see you. He ran over to you and gave you a hug.

"Yoojinnie, why'd you come so early? The party won't start till 12 and it's only 10." he asked, with a quizzical look on his face.

Shrugging, you gave him his best smile and said," well I decided to come over and see what I could help with."

Jongin thanked you and proceeded to you to the kitchen, where the rest of exo was also helping to prep up for the party. They saw you and immediately greeted you. You then came over to Sehun who seemed to have trouble trying clean up the chicken .

Everything was going smooth until Sehun asked Jongin something.

"Yah hyung, are you going to invite her too? Heesoo I mean."

Jongin chuckled and you swore you saw a tint of pink on his cheek. "Y-yeah I did."

And the response to his answer was unexpected. All of them started cheering, congratulating him and all. 

While you, you just stood there. A hurt expression loomed over your face, which was only noticed by Yixing.

And then you realized.

Jongin has a crush, and it's not you.

 

 

 

 


 

 

It has been 3 hours since you started your shift at the cafe. Customers come and go, and this was your favourite part of the job. You also had this one particular habit of observing people. Creepy as it sounds but you loved the idea of guessing what their background was. 

At the cafe, your job was to take orders from the customers. It was really easy but when the cafe is full, it was the most hectic job ever. Your bestfriend Kyungchae was the cafe's manager's daughter. So if it wasn't for her, you'd probably wouldn't get hired. 

It was getting dark and the skies were a mixture of violet and crimson, both colours battling for dominance over the sky as the  Sun disappeared over the horizon. You took a short break and sat beside the window with a cup of tea in your hand. There wouldn't be much customers here at this time so Kyungchae, who happened to be the assistant manager, told you to get some rest. 

 

Your mind flew to Yixing once again, automatically feeling bad. If it wasn't for you, he wouldn't have been hurt. He's done so much for you, but all you did was hurt him back. You suddenly felt mad at yourself. You were mad because you couldn't love him back. You were mad because all you could do was give him a hug, and not anything more when Yixing deserves more. You were mad because you were in love with Jongin.

 

Your thoughts were interrupted when you heard the bell clinking agaist the door as the door swung open. And there came in somebody you have despised. Somebody you couldn't measure up to. Somebody Jongin adores. Song Heesoo.

 

Because you have changed quite a lot since your high school days, Heesoo doesn't seem to recognize you. Probably cause she never bothered to notice you. But she, well she didn't change one damn bit, she still had her habit of flipping her hair, applying too much makeup, and her killer stillettos which she wears even at school. And you never knew why the teachers never reprimanded her for it. She then sat down at the other end of the cafe, crossing her legs and catching the attention of your male co-workers. They scramble to take her order only to be yanked by the ear by Kyungchae, telling them to do their own work while you do yours, which was to take Heesoo's orders. 

You came over to her,and pulled out your pen and order pad. 

"What would you like to order miss?"

She batted her fake eyelashes at you, and smiled a really cocky smile.

"What does this scrabby place offer?"

The way she talked definitely didn't change as well, and it irked you. A lot.

You gave her your best smile, as if it was normal to have this kind of customers here. "Well, miss. If you think this place is scrabby, you might as well leave, because I don't think you'd want scrabby food dirtying your pretty manicure."

Heesoo just smiled in return," Now, now dear. No need to be all hostile with me. Just serve me your best dish. And I will be content."

You had no choice, she was still a customer. And the customer is always right. So you took her order and placed it on the counter, waiting for it to get ready before you served it to her. 

After a good 5 minutes, you took her order, and served it to her as she gave it a somewhat skeptical look. Or was it a look of disghust. You rolled your eyes and gave her the receipt. After that you walked away without even bowing.

Since there wasn't any other customers, you decided to continue resting. And this was a good hance to observe her. So you purposely sat behind her, her back facing you while she continues eat the strawberry shortcake, which was the cafe's specialty. This only resulted in the boiling of your anger. You stared at the back of her head and imagined what could've happened if she wasn't the one Kai adores. You were jealous. Jealous because this was the one that captured Jongin's heart. After minutes of observing, you heard a phone ringing. It was hers. 

Eavesdropping wouldn't hurt right?

"Hello? Oh hi babe! Of course I've missed you too."

You cringed at her obnoxious voice. All that fake in her voice. Ugh. Plus she's talking to Jongin, and it made you feel worse.

"Who? Jongin?"

Your ears perked when she said his name. You knew they were dating. But wasn't she talking to him now? Why is she talking about him to him? 

"Of course I'm still dating him, it's not like I wanted to though. Please, baby. Oh Sehun you know I only love you."

Sehun?! Since when?! Your heart clenched with anger. You continued listening.

"I'm only doing this so that I could win the bet with Jerrie."

You recognized the name. Jerrie. According to what you could remember, Jerrie was one of her friends. Stuck-up y snob. Just like her. 

"I haven't told you about the bet? Haha well, she said if I could last with him for more than a year, she would pay me 50 thousand won. Yeah I know right, it's a pretty great amount. Imagine what we'd do with that money. Hey yeah! That's a great idea, then we'll travel together. See I told you. Yes he's a great guy, but not as great as you. Aww babe. Haha I love you too. See you later."

She hung up and stuffed her phone into her Gucci handbag, which was probably as fake as her eyelashes. She stood up, making her way to the cashier and you saw that she barely ate the strawberry shortcake, which made you even more pissed.

And Sehun was in on this. Sehun, the maknae of the group. The cute adorable one. He was in on this, and you have never felt so mad.

After she left the cashier, leaving the cashier boy drooling, she gave you a smirk and left.

 

She was using Jongin. 

 

And you weren't going to keep quiet.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: HOHO UPDATE DESUUUU

sorry if its bad. its the best i can do AND YEAH PRETTY SURE YOU GUYS DIDNT EXPECT SEHUN TO BE THE THE DOUCHE. haha ill update soon okay? love y'all and god bless.