Hot Chocolate

Hot Chocolate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been days since you’ve been stuck at home trying to meet your clients’ deadlines and now you’ve finally got time for yourself. You're not complaining though. Doing freelance work gives you sleepless nights but after that you get to laze around. You decided to head out. Maybe get that iced chocolate you’ve been craving for days now.

After a few minutes of strolling, you saw a cafe that you haven’t visited yet. You like neighborhood cafes since they’re not as crowded as your regular coffeehouse chain. “One iced chocolate please… thank you...” you ordered. You love going to cafes but ironically, you’re not much of a coffee person. You love the smell of coffee though. It’s just that you’d rather have your chocolate fix. So why not have it at home? Because you love the ambiance. There’s something about coffee shops that make you feel fuzzy and warm inside. You took a sip of your drink and immediately knew that you’re going to frequent the place. It’s like Christmas in a cup.

Another round of projects kept you busy so you couldn’t go out for awhile again. When you finally got that free time you’ve been waiting for, you didn’t even have to think twice about where to celebrate. “Finally!” you exclaimed as your iced chocolate arrived. You don’t know if it’s because you haven’t been around or if your taste just changed but your drink didn’t taste anything like the one you’ve always had. “Maybe it’s time to check out the other cafes. I’ve never stuck to one cafe before so I’ll just go back to cafe-hopping.” you thought as you finished your drink.

The week after you went to meet a client at Samcheong-dong. It’s famous for quaint cafes so since you’re already there you decided to get your dose of chocolate. You saw a newly opened cafe and decided to check it out. While waiting for your drink, it started snowing. “Aish. I should’ve ordered hot chocolate instead.”

You started reviewing the design bri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter