..........................

The Heart Will Never Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s AD.”

“Excuse me, what’s that again?”

“Mr. Wu was diagnosed with AD. Alzheimer’s disease.”

“Wait what? Isn’t Alzheimer only happened at old people?”

“Well, in rare cases, it can happen to younger people. Mr. Wu is one of the rare cases. What worst was that, we found the disease progress very fast. You will see the side effect happened more often.”

“What are the side effects?”

“Memory loss, trouble with language, dementia and later, death.”

“Is there any way? Medicine? Surgery?”

“I’m sorry, so far there’s no cure for AD. I advise you to take a close eye on Mr. Wu as he will face a lot of difficulties doing his daily activities from now on.”

 

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

It’s already been a year since the AD bomb was dropped. At first, the company decided to drop Yifan from EXO. But after a heated argument with the EXO members plus threatening to leave the company, finally the company decided to drop the idea and put Yifan in hiatus. Of course the fans were angry, but after some explanation from the company’s representative plus Joonmeon and the other EXO members saying Kris has some personal reason, fans were finally able to accept it.

There were many times the companies tried to remove Yifan and send him back to China. But the members keep protecting him, saying they are brothers and brothers stick together no matter what. They promised to take care of him, even ignoring the CEO’s threat to disband them. Seeing the determination in all 11 pairs of eyes, the company gave up and allowed Yifan to remain in the group and live in with EXO.

For Yifan’s safety reasoning as the disease starting to worsen, the company provided a house in a quiet neighborhood away from fanatic fan for Yifan’s to live. Of course the members couldn’t let him live alone with the illness but they also couldn’t risk moving into the house as the fan might figured, so they decided to take turn to stay at the house and take care of Yifan.

Everyone take turn not allowing Yifan to be alone at any moment. But the only person that was with him every day if not every single moment was of course the guardian of EXO, Joonmyeon. They members took turn everyday to take care of Yifan, but Joonmyeon, not even one day was absent from Yifan side.

All the members knew the leaders were in love with each other. So when the AD news came out, the one who face it the hardest was Joonmyeon. His lover was sick, dying slowly. It was very hard not only for Joonmyeon but also for all the members. Yifan who was their second leader, whom always taken a good care of them now was dying. Their charismatic Duizhang whom needed to be monitored 24/7. But the hardest part of all was witnessing their Duizhang deteriorating.

 

One day, they found Yifan standing in the middle of the room looking lost. When asked, he didn’t know where he was saying he should go back to the dorm or the manager might get angry at him for leaving the dorm.

One day, they found him vomiting violently at the kitchen sink. When ask what he ate, he answered he only drank the milk in the fridge forgetting that he got lactose intolerance.

One day, they found him missing only later finding him at the backyard crying. He said he didn’t how to go back to the house.

One day, they found his pant was wet while watching TV. He forgot that he just peed in his pant.

One day, they found out he didn’t turn around or answered their calls. He forgot that his name is Yifan.

One day, they found him asking for their names when they were having conversation. He forgot who they are.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter