second wish.

four wishes [discontinued//hiatus]

nichkhun was twenty-two when he enrolled in seoul university. to get in, you're either rich (to pay the school fees) or you're a nerd (you managed to clinch a scholarship) ; nichkhun was the former.

 

during one of his boring business lectures, he excused himself to the gents' to kill time. 

"god, why do i have classes on my birthday," nickhun grumbled. when he got to the toilet, he found a badly bruised boy lying on the toilet floor and he immediately carried the poor boy to the infirmary.

 

at the infirmary, he gently dressed the boy's injuries and boy, was he beautiful. he has smooth, pale milky skin that females would be envious of. he has a beautiful eyesmile and despite being injured, he was still all smiley. nichkhun later learnt that the beautiful boy was wooyoung.

 

wooyoung was twenty-one and he got into the university through a scholarship. he said he's often beaten up by some of the guys on the campus because he looks weak and he's usually alone. from then on, nichkhun promised to stay close to wooyoung.

 

both of them became closer through the incident and hung out with each other everyday after school. wooyoung found himself getting attracted to nichkhun as the day passes. wooyoung finds everything about the guy was perfect - his chestnut brown hair, his cute laughter, his lean body ; basically everything about him is perfect. wooyoung decides to admit that he has feelings for nichkhun.

 

on the other hand, nichkhun was conflicted ; he didn't know if he had romantic or platonic feelings towards wooyoung.

 

after a series of shopping, coffee and movie dates (and some playful pecks), nichkhun finally realises that he likes wooyoung ; he wants to be the one wooyoung shares his sorrow and joy with, the one he wants to wake up to. i will confess to him and make him mine.

 

nichkhun thought hard and long before planning the perfect confession. he would take wooyoung to the italian restaurant he had been planning to go to and then take a scroll along the han river with the pathways lit up with candles before confessing. 

 

however, things did not go as planned. exactly one day before his confession, nichkhun's dad requested to see him. it was really rare for his dad to want to see him and talk in private. nonetheless, he went and saw his dad.

 

.

 

furious, nichkhun ran out of his dad's study into his room. his father's words echoed in his head as he was destroying and hurling everything he could see.

my dear nichkhun, i've not been telling you this but my business have been failing for quite some time and i'm in a huge debt. the hwang company has agreed to clear of my debts, however only under one condition - you are to marry the heiress of the company, tiffany. you wouldn't want to see the family business going down because of your selfishness, no?

how dare dad control my life? how dare he think of me as a pawn on his chessboard and totally disregard my feelings? aren't i his son? 

 

nichkhun cooled down a bit and texted wooyoung if he could see him at the cafe they usually hung out because it was urgent. how was he going to break this news to wooyoung? he was going to confess but his plan is now in ruins.

 

.

 

"hey nickhun, what is it that you wanted to see me at this late hour? did you miss me so bad that you can't wait to see me tomorrow?" wooyoung joked.

"uh wooyoung, this is serious," nichkhun paused, not knowing how to break this to wooyoung. getting straight to his point, he took a deep breath before continuing,"i'm going to get married."

 

hearing this, wooyoung felt as though time stopped. he felt suffocated and giddy, this was all a lie, a joke isn't it? 

 

keep cool wooyoung, keep cool.

 

"oh congratulations, who is this lucky girl?" wooyoung tried to bite away his tears but one trickled down his face. he looked down to prevent nichkhun seeing this.

 

"tiffany of the hwang company. i don't love her. heck, i've never even met her! long story short, this is an arranged marriage. the one i love is you, wooyoung. i love you,"  

 

nichkhun loves me, but it's impossible now isn't it?  "i'm sorry nichkhun, i realised i still have errands to run, maybe meet you again tomorrow?" wooyoung said, avoiding eye contact with nickhun and then he ran out of the cafe.

 

did i do something wrong? i shouldn't have confessed should i? what do i do-

 

"quick! someone call the ambulance! someone just got hit by a truck and it seems pretty bad!" someone in the cafe shouted. 

nichkhun's heart skipped a beat. no, not him.. please he turned around slowly and he couldn't breathe. lying on the ground, illuminated by the streetlight was his wooyoung, covered with blood. it was a gruesome sight. 

 

nichkhun scrambled out of his seat and ran out of the cafe, deep down praying that his eyes was playing tricks on him and his baby was not the one lying on the cold cement.

but no, life is cruel and it was indeed wooyoung lying on the ground, blood gushing out. 

"wooyoung, hang in there, no baby you're gonna be alright, i promise you, help is coming soon," nichkhun screamed at wooyoung while holding his hand. "you're gonna be okay, baby. i have yet to confess to you, we have yet to do many things as a couple so hang in there. i promise you i'm gonna break the marriage, it's you that i love, you." by now, tears was streaming down his face. 

 

"no, i k-know i'll not m-make it. nichkhun, i-i love y-you too. be happy with h.." with that, wooyoung's hand went limp and fall out of nichkhun's hand. nichkhun's world stopped and everything seems as though it's black. the colour of his life, wooyoung, is gone, he couldn't breathe. 

and then there was a sudden heavy downpour. staring lifelessly at wooyoung who was now being carried by the paramedics, he chanted, wooyoung was gone, he is gone. with the rain, it seems that even the gods are mocking him.

 

.

 

it has been 2 days since wooyoung's fatal accident and nichkhun has been cooping himself in his room. he still refused to believe that wooyoung was gone for good. he was in denial, he kept telling himself that wooyoung left him only temporarily. in his mourning, he spotted something shiny lodged in his shelf. curious, he got up from his bed and approached the shiny objects. aren't these the magical coins?

 

 

nichkhun thought of that time when he made a wish and it came true. was it coincidental? or was the coin able to grant my wish? no harm trying it now, right?

"bring me back to the day i met wooyoung, 24th june."

 

a/n : thanks for the subs!! feel free to point out any mistakes!