Dinner

Ducktatorship

One day Namjoon entered the house he shared with his boyfriend quickly and trying to hide. Something was wrong. Something was very wrong.

“What is going on?” Seokjin voice came from the kitchen; curious about the scandal the younger one was doing in the entrance.

“I did it Jinnie. I know you are going to kill me, but I finally did it.” His voice was low and fast. Too exited for his own good.

“What have you done? Please, tell me its not something terrible.” Life was hard enough under the duck dictatorship; they didn’t need more problems.

Namjoon showed him the corpse. It was still a little bit warm and full of blood. It was one of them, one of the ducks.

“WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? Do you know in how many problems we are right now? You could get us killed.”

“This is like copying in class. It is only cheating if they find out you did it. We need to get rid of the evidence, but how…” Seokjin knew how. It was a process he wanted to do before, but he had never been able to.

“Two cups of boiling-hot water, one tablespoon kosher salt, one teaspoon black pepper and one- one duck.” He started to recite from memory, a recipe forgotten by the majority of the population, but that one-day his grandmother whispered before she died.

“You are so evil… That’s why I love you” Namjoon smiled. That night he was going to have duck for dinner.  The expression eat your enemies had never been more accurate.