one

turn the heat up
Please log in to read the full chapter

cultivating a spirit of healthy competition doesn't mean anything if your opponents are kind of ty; mingyu and minghao talk a good game, but they can barely knock down five pins on a good turn, and seungcheol keeps sending gutter balls down the lane.

"you guys are really bad at this," wonwoo remarks after his third strike.

mingyu rolls his eyes, elbows him in the stomach. "sorry we don't all have perfect form."

"anyway, none of us are as bad as poor junhui," minghao says, glancing to their right.

the rest of seventeen is slogging through a pitiful game one lane over. every single one of junhui's bowling balls spins straight into the gutter seconds after it leaves his hands. he just blinks and shrugs each time, plops himself back down in one of the plastic red seats next to hansol when his turn's over.

"what the hell," he hears jihoon say, amused. "are you even trying?"

the lap-dance thing is naturally mingyu's idea. the rest of the bowling alley's empty—they'd booked the entire place just for this, and mingyu throws the bet out after the second round, around midnight, half an hour before they have to go.

"it's boring," he says, eyes lit up with glee, "unless there's some sort of incentive."

wonwoo thinks there are probably a myriad of better rewards he could've chosen, but keeps quiet. jisoo latches onto it because he hasn't been losing, and jeonghan pushes it through the rest of the way.

"it's settled, then. whoever loses has to give someone a lap-dance." junhui looks a little less lazy, more motivated, when he's up to roll; he manages to knock two pins over on his first try.

"progress," seungkwan calls, "woo!". and junhui flushes. seungkwan's laugh echoes over wonwoo's shoulder as he steps up to the lane.

"you're a good dancer," jisoo's telling him. "you should be good at this."

"dancing and bowling aren't the same thing, hyung," junhui mumbles.

Please log in to read the full chapter