Final

Surprise!!!

 

Kyuhyun switched on his laptop with growing excitement. He was finally free after a long day of grueling schedules and wanted nothing more, than to just fall asleep as soon as he body touched the bed. He was so damn tired that he had basically sleep walked from the company to the van and then to his room.

 

But there was something that he needed to do before he fell into deep slumber. He had send siwon a quick message when he had left the company, asking him to skype when he reached the dorms. Siwon had replied with a single ’k’, but that was enough for him to have excitement boiling in his stomach.

 

Kyuhyun stifled a yawn when he waited for the rotating hourglass to give way to a small black tab. Musical notes flooded the room while the call was being connected. All of a sudden kyuhyun could not sit still, the prospect of seeing his boyfriend face to face, made his feel all tingly all over. Like little jolts of electricity travelling all through his body. It had been long since he had spoken to siwon. After they had met in Hong Kong, all the members came back, but siwon flew from there to Beijing to finish his shooting; and was going to be stationed there for four more weeks. And that meant more four weeks of siwon-less weeks for kyuhyun to struggle through.

 

He wanted his lover by his side, especially when he was getting ready to start a new chapter in his life. He wanted nothing more than for siwon to be here with him, to hold his hand when he walked the path that led him to his dreams. But he was resigned by the fact that the older would not be even in the country to share his special day with him, he would just have to be contended with siwon’s encouraging words. He really wanted him here. Here with him. He missed him so very much, that it had started to manifest in physical pain.  That was what heechul had hypothesized when he had companied of his wrists hurting. And now he was beginning to suspect maybe his Cinderella hyung was right.

 

“Kyu-Kyu baby—? “

 

Kyuhyun was shaken off his reverie, and welcomed by the handsome face of his lover taking over his laptop screen. Kyuhyun suddenly pulled the laptop for a tight hug.

 

“Hey baby- what happened?”

 

It was the concerned voice of siwon that made him put the laptop back so that they could once again see each other’s face.

 

“I just missed you like anything wonnie~”

 

Siwon laughed when he heard the maknae’s squeaking voice and saw him pouting and trying to do agyeo. But soon joined his hands in an apologetic gesture after receiving the famed ‘evil-kyu’ glare for his laughter.

 

“Hmpt~ laugh all you want. Here I am going crazy, missing you and there you are, making fun of me.”

 

Kyuhyun extended his hand and pretended to hang up the call.

 

“Baby, wait! Don’t hang up. I am sorry. Forgive me?”

 

Now it was kyuhyun’s turn to laugh, when he saw his macho lover holding his ears between his fingers giving a cute pout that did not suit him at all. They had had a previous discussion on siwon attempting to do agyeo. Kyuhyun had banned him from doing it in his presence, because at least the second hand embarrassed was lessened when he was with the other members. But it was just too much for him to handle, when he was alone with that handsome guy.

 

“Oh, come on baby kyu. Look at me. Let me see that beautiful face of yours.” Kyuhyun gave up his mock outrage and turned towards the screen only to see his lover stimulate a heart attack.

 

“What are you doing baby kyu? You seem to become more and more beautiful by the day. My heart cannot take any more of your gorgeousness.”

 

A small blush crept up kyuhyun’s face. “Stop it, you cheese ball! You are embarrassing me. You should not—“

 

“Siwon, four minutes to the set~”

 

Kyuhyun was interrupted by someone shouting beyond his line of sight.

 

“Wonnie? Are you still shooting?”

 

Siwon replied with a quick nod of head. “But I thought you were free? Since you said I could call you.”

 

It was then he noticed the background of his video call screen. It looked nothing like a hotel room. There was various electric wires and other shooting equipment strewn across the floor and he saw various chairs with the actors’ names. And if he paid attention, he could clearly hear the chaos of shooting in the background.

 

How had he missed the fact that siwon was not speaking to him from his hotel room? Well, to be completely honest, the moment he laid his eyes on his lover, every rational thought flew out of his brain.

 

 

“The shoot ran over. I had a short break and it had been long since I saw your face, so how could refuse to skype with you?”

 

“But wonnie, I wanted to tell you something. I have a great news.” Kyuhyun voice had become a little subdued, ever since he realized that this conversation was taking place in public.

 

“Really baby?! Then lay it on me.”

 

Taking a deep breath, kyuhyun decided that he had to tell siwon now or tomorrow it would be too late. And he wanted his lover to hear this news from him and not from any stranger. 

 

Kyuhyun held up a promotional pic of his new upcoming solo album.  “What is this Kyu?”

 

Kyuhyun was a little disappointed because siwon looked a little distracted and was seen trying to talk with someone outside the purview of his camera. But he decided to push forward.

 

“Babe, it is the jacket photo of my new solo album.” He tried to bring a little enthusiasm into his voice, but clearly failed.

 

“What? Your solo album! Woo! That is a great news, baby. Why didn’t you tell me something about it?”

 

The genuine pleasant surprise in siwon’s voice lifted up his spirits a little bit. “LSM had strictly warned me against saying anything about it to anyone. He wanted it to be a surprise and he feared that if you all knew, it may invariably end up leaking on the net.”

 

Siwon looked mildly outranged then brushed it off with laughter. “I tell you, LSM has zero trust in us. So, what kind of tracks are on the album?”

 

“Ballads. LSM said that ballads would be a perfect fit for me and the album would predominantly contain them.”

 

“So…, am I speaking to the future ‘Prince of Ballads’?” siwon enjoyed the pink color that ran up his lover’s cheeks. It was not often kyuhyun would be bashful, but it was a certainly something that siwon enjoyed a lot.

 

“It is too soon to be passing out sobriquets. Don’t you think?” Kyuhyun was having a high time pushing down the blush that had captured his whole face and was on display and so had taken to stare at his lap.

 

“Siwon, the album will be unveiled in two days and my debut solo music performance will be on the same day. So… I was kind of hoping that… may be… you could—“

 

“Siwon, the shot is ready. The whole set is waiting for you.”

 

Kyuhyun looked up to see a production assistant, literally pulling siwon up from his chair.

 

“Bye kyu. Talk later.” The screen turned black once again, showing that the call had been ended. Ended much too sooner for his liking.

 

Tears began pricking his eyes. He had not managed to talk to siwon about him flying down for kyuhyun’s solo debut performance. Now all of a sudden he was not even sure if, siwon was happy for him. After all, the older had not once congratulated him. Maybe, it was not the best idea to call him tonight.

 

The mental and physical exhaustion was making his rational capacity to go haywire. He felt underwhelmed with siwon’s response. He had expected much more than the muted response he had received. After all this was a dream come true for him and it was something that his lover was privy too. He had been very grateful and happy to be part of Super Junior, but there was a part of him that craved to explore different musical genres that did not usually match with the image of the group.

 

When he was told by LSM, himself, of a solo debut ballad album, he was over the moon. His dream of being a legit, ballad singer was seeing fruition. He had been so happy that he had almost called up siwon to let him on the good news. But LSM, being LSM, had quickly added that no one, not working on the album, should be informed.

 

The weeks he worked on his album filled him with a bitter sweet feeling. He was certainly glad that he was working towards his dream, but keeping something big like this from his lover, was weighting on his conscious. But he was very happy when he had received the go ahead to let the cat out to the bag. He had rushed to tell siwon about the news, but was disappointed the response he had received. He went to bed with tears in his eyes.

 

 

The next day, he lied through his teeth to explain away his puffy red eyes. After the news broke of his solo debut, as expected all his hyungs went into a delirious mode. He was jumped on by hyungs and soon was struggling to breathe from the bear hugs he was subjected.

 

His whole day was spend to polish his performance for the unveiling of the album tomorrow. There was to be a small showcase, where a select few of his fans would get to hear a set of songs before the album was officially out.

 

s’ peppered their social network accounts with mentions of his upcoming debut. And he received all sort of support from his friends and fellow SM artists. His heart swelled a bit seeing the outpour of support and encouragement, but there was still a part that was missing. After his conversation with siwon, the older had yet to contact him, let alone call him. And that made him very sad.

 

 

The long awaited day finally came; leeteuk insisted on accompanying him to his little showcase. He had stood in front of a crowd many times, even for his solos and as part of KRY, but standing in front of the small gathering and knowing that none of s were going to come on stage with him left him a little nervous.

 

When the MC announced his name not preceded with Super Junior, it was almost strange, as it was surreal. He was to walk his own path. There was no one to prop him up if he stumbles, no one to cover up his mistakes. He was all alone and all the eyes were on him, and only him. The feeling was odd, but at the same time exhilarating. He was welcomed with a rousing applause and his leader made a big show of his feelings, getting all teary. Sometimes, kyuhyun wondered, why he was still with such embarrassing hyungs. The showcase went off splendid and the response was fantastic.

 

Kyuhyun got little to no sleep that night, because his phone kept on ringing and ringing. He was flooded with calls, messages from his friends and well-wishers. It would seem that he had managed an all-kill with his debut album. His successful solo debut as a ballad singer was trending on twitter and, kyuhyun amused himself reading all the mentions. He also slyly tried stalking his lover’s timeline, but was disappointed when he saw no mention of his debut or even anything remote about him.

 

 

Kyuhyun was waiting in the green room. He had finished his hair and make-up, and the staff had left the room, telling that they would call on him, when they were ready. He stared at himself in the mirror. He looked gentle and almost sweet in the natural make up he was wearing. Even his hair was done in a simple manner. After all he was now a ballad singer and looking flashy was not the intention. He was personifying autumn and the melancholy of life and love, so the simple way he was dressed was very apt. But he did not have to delve very deep to be in mood for his song. His disposition was very sober and even the prospect of his soon to debut solo performance was not enough to perk up his spirit.

 

He had come to MusicBank alone. s were busy with their own schedule but had sent their well wishes. And suddenly he felt himself craving some company and would have like if someone was there with him in this room. The room seemed so enormous, when it was only him there and not filled with 12 other loud and hyper hyungs jumping everywhere. He missed s, but he missed siwon more, and not having the older with him here was tearing him apart.

 

It was a special occasion for kyuhyun and he wished for siwon to be with him by his side. He knew that the actor was busy with his own set of commitments. And knew he would not be able to relieve himself to come down to Seoul to watch him perform, but that did nothing to lessen the sorrow he was feeling at siwon’s absence.

 

He vividly remember the phone call he had had with the actor’s manager before he came down to the studio.

 

 

“Hello wonnie?”

 

“Kyu…? Siwon is busy in a shot. Is there some message that you would like me to pass to him, once he is free?”

 

“Manager Hyung, when is the shooting getting completed?

 

“It will continue for two more weeks at least. Why did you ask?”

 

“I wanted to know …if siwon, could find some free time before completion of shoot, to fly back home?

 

“I don’t think so, kyuhyun. He has been doing extra shifts to complete the shooting in the fixed timeline. The director is insisting on re-shooting some scenes and it has become an added burden to the artists.”

 

“Oh… well then… I guess I will see him in two weeks…” The disappointed rang clearly in his voice.

 

“Oh, kyuhyun, by the way, congratulations on your solo debut.”

 

“Ah… thanks hyung. I am hanging up now. Take care of siwon and yourself. Bye.”

 

 

The phone call had shut down any chance he had in convincing siwon to get down here and be by his side. He sighed, for what seemed like, for the umpteen time. The chaos that was usually the hall mark of music shows was so close and yet felt very far. It was as if, kyuhyun was cocooned in his melancholy and nothing could touch him, let alone faze him. The single room privilege that he was bestowed with was doing a good job of letting kyuhyun stew in his own despair.

 

He had been sitting in the room for the past 20 minutes. The staff should be calling him soon, he had to put up his show face on and get ready for the recording. It was just plain lucky, that for him balladeers always had a pained look to their appearance.

 

He heard a knock on his door and yelled an audible ‘come in.’ He once again started his stalking of his lover’s SNS, hoping maybe now he had put up something about him or his support for the album.

 

He was so engrossed in his mobile, that he paid no attention to the person who had entered his room, thinking that it was the make-up staff back for the final touch up, before he went down to the shooting area. He was shocked beyond belief, when he felt a familiar palm snaking across, from his shoulder and coming stationary before his eyes, drawing them close.

 

‘Guess...whooo? ~”

 

Kyuhyun literally, tore away the palm over his eyes in his excitement. He could not believe it. There, kneeled before him was his lover, blinding him with his dazzling smile. He quickly pulled siwon in for a tight hug. Kyuhyun was using so much strength in his hug that siwon was soon found flaying his arms, gasping for air.

 

“Ba-Baby… nee-need to breathe…”

 

It was only after kyuhyun was satisfied with the hug that he agreed to remove his hands from around the taller man. The happiness that he was feeling on seeing is lover, in front of him, in flesh and blood was too overwhelming for him.

 

“How--you--here?” He was so wired up from the swirling emotions on seeing siwon, he had trouble forming coherent thoughts.

 

Siwon laughed seeing how his little surprise had managed to throw the maknae, totally out of gear. He loved this small moments where he is able to outwit the younger. Since, kyuhyun is too smart for his own good, he usually saw through, whatever plans siwon had painstakingly prepared. Also the fact that his acting prowess came to naught in front of kyuhyun, hence making him incapable of lying to the younger. And kyuhyun took full advantage of this little loophole; always managing to browbeat siwon in letting in on any covert plans he was in on.

 

“Surprised…?”

 

“More that I can explain. What are you doing here? I thought the director was torturing you making you reshoot some shots.”

 

“Yeah, he insisted on reshooting some scenes, but none of them included me. You know your boyfriend is one hell of an actor. I do not need more than two takes for a shot.” Siwon stood up, basking in imagined applause, pretending to be surrounded by fans and critics alike, screaming out his name.

 

A sharp pain in his ear bought him crashing back to reality. He saw kyuhyun pulling on his ear lobe. “Is the acclaimed actor, back in the real world?”

 

“Ah… Ahhhh… baby, I am sorry. It’s hurting me, you know?” siwon made mock pout to charm kyuhyun into stop pulling his ear lobe off.

 

“I meant for it to hurt.” Kyuhyun released his hold on siwon’s lobe and placed a soft kiss on the bruised area. “Now there, all better?”

 

Siwon swayed his head. “Is it still hurting?” He was now a little concern. Maybe he went too far teasing the actor, hurting siwon in the process.

 

“Where exactly is it hurting.” He tried to take a better look at the ear, taking account any damage to it.

 

Siwon pulled him from fussing over his ears and towards his body. He was standing flush against siwon’s strong chest.

 

“It hurts here.” Siwon puckered his lips, to show the aggrieved area. For a moment, kyuhyun was actually scared that siwon might have been injured, from the stunts he was performing in the movie. But he heaved a sigh of relief when he saw, to what the actor was alluding.

 

“What are you waiting for? Kiss it better.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed at the childishness his lover was displaying. The way siwon’s hands imprisoned him in the hug, and how with every passing moment, the hug was getting tighter, he knew that there was only one way out this predicament.

 

He leaned in and pressed his lips against siwon. Their lips familiarizing with each small touch and caress. The innocent peck soon turned heated, teeth and tongue came into play. Soon a battle for dominance ensured between their tongues and siwon won. The kiss would have turned into something more, had not kyuhyun’s manager entered the waiting room.

 

Both lovers, separated with a blush painting their respective faces. They had to go through mild scolding, for being careless and kissing in a public place without ensuring the door was locked. He also asked kyuhyun to be ready in five.

 

As kyuhyun was getting ready to go the shooting area, siwon stopped him from exiting the room. In response to his arch eyebrows, siwon pulled up his album in one hand and held up a pen in another.

 

“I can’t let you leave without singing my album.”

 

He pulled up the pen from siwon’s hand and also the album proceeding to autograph it. Holding the pen above the album, he paused. “To whom should I make it out to?”

 

“To my greatest, number one fan. Choi Siwon.” He showed his pearly white, letting kyu know that he would not be allowed to leave until he did what he had asked.

 

After the album was signed, siwon pulled him into aside hug and his phone aimed at them and took a quick pic.

 

Kyu hovered above siwon, while the latter was busy uploading the pic on his SNS accounts.

 

“You know babe, I was actually sad that you were not going to be here, by my side, during my solo debut performance. When I mentioned about my debut, you did not even congratulate me. All the hyungs put up messages on their SNS accounts mentioning my debut, but you were quite on that front. And when I spoke to your manager today, he said that you would be free only after two weeks. I was heartbroken, I felt so alone, without your support. My happiest day felt hollow, if you were not by my side to celebrate it with me.”

 

Siwon pulled kyu into a hug as he had managed to get teared up at the end of the monologue.

 

“Hey baby. Don’t cry. You should know by now that I will never leave you hanging when you need me. I was in middle of a shoot when you called and I did not want to continue the conversation in a public place, hence I did not say much. As for the mentions of your debut, I wanted to give you a surprise and was afraid that if I mentioned something on the SNS, I might tip you off. I even left my phone with manager hyung, so that you would think that I was still Beijing.”

 

Kyuhyun looked up with gleaming eyes, full of unshed tears. “You are telling the truth? You did this to surprise me?”

 

“Of course baby. Why would I lie? The look of joy and happiness on your face, was the reason I did what I did. If my behavior hurt you then I am very sorry. I will try not to act like this in the future. You are the most important person in my life and I do not want to do anything that might upset you.”

 

“It’s oaky. You don’t have to apologize. I was just a little sad. The whole deal of keeping the debut a secret was taking a toll on me; I felt that having a part of my life hidden from you, was driving a wedge into our relationship.  I am sorry for keeping the information of my debut from you. Forgive me. I will not listen to LSM in the future and share everything with you.”

 

Siwon smiled seeing how troubled his lover looked. He kissed kyuhyun making the maknae to stop his rambling and look up. “It is very cute that you feel conflicted about keeping your debut a secret from me. Since, we are being open and frank with each other, I too want to get something off my chest.”

 

Kyuhyun’s heart stilted when he heard siwon. What confession was the handsome actor going to make. All sort of worst case scenarios were running around his mind.

 

“Baby, let me stop you before you over think yourself into an early grave. I have not done anything that might jeopardize our relationship. What I had originally wanted to say was, I already had information about your upcoming solo debut.”

 

Kyuhyun looked up with more confusion marring his face. What siwon had said, roused more questions than it answered. Why did the man talk in a roundabout manner?   

 

“You know Ms. Lee Jun Hee…”

 

Kyuhyun nodded his head, “the secretary to LSM. What about her?”

 

“Well… it would seem that she is a very huge fan of mine. A true siwonest. She was present in the meeting and let me in on the information. She also relayed how LSM was being stern about leaks and warned you from telling it to anyone. I was very happy when I heard the news, but did not divulge it, in fear of reprisals for you, from LSM. I am very proud of you Kyu. And whatever path you wish to take in the future, know that I will always be beside you.”

 

 

Kyuhyun stood on the stage for his debut solo performance and he was happy to see the response he was evoking from the audience. A smile made its way onto his face, when his caught sight of his lover in the audience. Siwon was holding his phone, ready to take a selca, when the fans instructed him not do it while the recording was in progress. As usual siwon shrugged them off and took the pic anyway and beamed his dazzling smile towards kyuhyun. He held two intertwined fingers up near his mouth, so that it was visible to the singer on stage.

 

The intertwined fingers symbolized siwon and kyuhyun. Destined to be together, forever as one.

 

 

 

 

I know some of the events may not be cannon… but heh… creative liberties of the author.

Hope it was good. 

 

Subscribe, comment and upvote

 

The copyright of all pics included in everyone of my fics rests with their original arists. I am only borrowing them.