1/3

Taste of your love

Nam Taehyun likes sweet things. Since the first time he has ever tasted his birthday cake, this undescribly wonderful sensation on his tongue will be the source of happiness for the rest of his life.

And now at an age of 23, here he is, one of the few Korean students admitted in the Cordon Blue pastry school in France and the only Korean patissiers who has ever won "le meilleur ouvrier de France".

Despite his sweet teeth, his character is far away from sweet. In fact, almost everyone's jaw dropped in disbelief when he said he was a patissier. Yes, he knew, he might be a little too distant and too frank at time, but it wasn't his fault if he was a little shy and akward, yet confidant by nature. His nature pride didn't help the situation either, at the end of the day, most of people he met thought he was a cold selfish spoiled brat.

At an age of 23, Nam Taehyun has never fall in love. He never understood why will novels describe as sweet since not only his character is not the most pleasant, he enjoys loneliness a lot more than fanfar.

His family and his not so numerous friends started to worry about him ending up alone and has no one to attach to and care for.Even his closest friend and collegue, Kang Seungyoon said him the one day: "Seriously Taehyun, you should go get a girlfriend or a boyfriend! You can't really stay single for ever!"

Why can't he? He was happy by himself, he didn't have to worry about people liking him, not like they like him very much anyway.

Taehyun didn't like things out of the ordinary, everything has to be done in a specific time, and every object has to be in the place it belongs.

As his every day routine, he will show up at 8AM exact at his patisserie in Seoul. He would check that everyone is doing what they are supposed to do, that everything is at its right place, then he would make the limited and exclusive pastries of the day that are so popular that it would normally be sold out in less than 15 minutes and all the other sweets will be made by his sous-chefs. On Mondays and Fridays, Taehyun will group all his sous-chefs and they will discuss on future possible addition or removal of certain desserts from their list.

 

On a cold November day,

the morning has gone smoothly as it normally is, as Taehyun likes it. He was about to leave when a customer enters but instead of let his eyes wanders around the massive amount of sweet goodness, he walked directly towards the "main" chef to his surprise.

It took Taehyun a minute to recognize the person standing in front of him, it was his teacher in Korea that first initiated him to the pastry world. He was the only one that was there when he was losing hope and told him to not give up even if his mom strongly disagreed with his son pursuing the career of a patissier.

A rare grin appeared on Taehyun's face, he quickly walked up to him and greated his past teacher with a warm hug.

"Kim seonsaengnim, it has been a long time!"

"Yes, how have you been? From what I am seeing, you are doing pretty well here" Kim seonsaeng smiled fatherly at one of the best students he ever taught.

"It is nothing, I am just trying to do my best." answered humbly Taehyun. "Please don't just stand there, let's talk over a cup of tea."

The young patissier led his teacher into a small private tea room next to his office. After settling down and serving both of them a warm cup of black tea, Kim seonsaeng metionned the reason of his visit:"There is an opportunity I want to talk to you about. The competition requires two chefs to work together: one that specializes in rest and the other in pastry. We don't know the theme yet, but the winners will have be giving the chance to open its five stars michelin restaurants and 100,000 US$. I know you don't care about the money..."

He continued even though Taehyun frowned at the word money "but I really wish you would accept it, it is a absolutely great opportunity to showcase your talent. And it will also give you the opportunity to finally open that michelin pastry cafe you dreamt about for so long." (**note: I don't think an michelin pastry cafe is a real thing xD I invented so please don't be mad)

The words about having his longtime dream true sounded tempting, but having to work with another chef, more importantly a non-pastry chef was more than a nuisance than anything. Nam Taehyun only works people that he wants to work with. Before he gets a chance to express his thoughts, as if his teacher read his mind, Kim seonsaeng suggested:"How about you meet him first before you make a decision? There is an information session given in two weeks about the contest in Lotte hotel."

Not wanting to refuse his teacher's kindness, Taehyun accepted quietly.

 

The day of the meeting between the two chefs has came, and if he was honest, Nam Taehyun was quite excited to learn more about the competition even though he would never admit it of course.

Since it was during a Monday morning, it took him more than a hour to reach the hotel. When he finally entered the parking lot, it was already fulled with cars. After looking around for a while, there were a free place in front of him. Just when he was about to drive toward there, another red sport car sprinted into the empty space.

Nam taehyun can't but curse between his teeth to the guy stealing his parking space. Nothing is going the way he wanted, and that Italian restaurant chef better not be a foolish bastard like the man in front of him, since he might slap him right on the face.

And god, is he dressed to go to a club or something a Monday morning?

Even if he would hate to admit, the man will be considered to be the type of man women would not hesistate to jump on. Judging by his face, Taehyun approximated his age to nearly his, or a little older than him. His dark slightly raising at the end eyebrows suggested a strong character, yet his faint smile gave him a playful feel. The tall male has purposely unbottoned the two upper botton of his white shirt, which revealed his tonned body.

The stanger seem have noticed the latter's gaze and turned his eyes toward Taehyun. He then winked and smirked before mouthing "I am not into guys, sorry!" Good things he walked away fast, because Taehyun could literally break his neck now. 

 

Kim seonsaengnim was waiting for him outside of the meeting room, and when he finally reached there, they entered together after a quick greating to each other. 

The other chef hasn't arrived yet, so the representatives of Korea presented themselves a little and explained briefly what are their expectation. The door opened again. and relieved a tall figure that was chatting chearfully with someone. Taehyun turned towards the owner of that deep voice and saw the man from the parking lot standing right in front of him. The man raised his eyes to the brunette and it wasn't hard to see that he seems to find it amusing to meet the younger again from the sparkling of his eys. 

"Now that everyone is there. Let's start with the presentation shall we?" said the head of the organizer, Mr. Lee after gathering everyone around a long table. 

Mr.Lee then started: "Mr.Nam, I present to you Mr.Song Minho, renowned for its wonderfully creative Italian cooking skills." Taehyun gave a quick nod toward the latter trying to ignore Minho's stare. 

"And Mr.Song, I present to you Mr.Nam Taehyun, owner of one of the best selling bakery of our country.

The two men stood up and quickly exchanged a hand shake over the table.  

"Well, well, isn't that fate, Mr.Nam! Looks like our lifes are meant to be tangled together." said Song Minho with a smirk once he sit down. 

"You already know each other? What a coincidance!" exclaimed the head of the organizers.

Before Minho say anymore idiocies, Taehyun quickly explained: "We met in the parking lot, ten minutes ago." 

He groaned interniorly, is God seriously challenging him today. 

 

-------------------------------------

Sorry for updating so late, I have been busy >_<

It is the first time I am written Namsong so hopefully you liked it!

And I am planning go start another Namsong fanfic really soon, so please stay tuned! :D