Chapter 1

Limelight

Nana

Phone calls from journalists keep coming in as soon as Dispatch released the photos. I smiled secretly as I ate another slice of pizza. My plan worked. The CEO expressed his disappointment by pressing his fingers in between the space of his eyebrows. 

"What have you done?" He asked in an angry tone that normal people will be afraid of hearing. As for me, well, I'm neutral.

I shrugged my shoulders and took another bite of pizza that was delivered fifteen minutes ago. He is acting as if I ruined the life of his artists and company when in fact, I did him a huge favor. You see, Pledis Entertainment is a small music label. Despite After School's success in Korea and overseas, people don't know who our CEO is unlike the case with YG and JYP whereas everyone in Korea knows their faces. The media is giving attention to Pledis itself and not just After School so he should thank me. The last time we had the same amount of calls was when Jungah and Onew were caught going out together. 

"Look. Everyone hates you." CEO said and placed his iPad in front me. Well, being hated by everyone is better than everyone not knowing you exist. That was what I wanted to tell this old man but that would mean listening to an hour long of lecture. 

"CEO, I'm really sorry." Changho, our manager, stood up from his seat and did a ninety degree bow in front of CEO. I almost felt sorry for him. A simple bow is not something he usually does, considering the size of his ego. I almost pitied him. But then I thought of all the that I have to put up with because of him. 

CEO sighed in defeat. I knew he eventually would. The photos are out in public now. The staff have been trying to delete the articles and comments but there's too many of them already. I bet SM is having a hard time too. 

"Just... get out." CEO said. Changho bowed once again and dragged me outisde of the CEO's office. He held me tightly and continued to tug me around in this empty hallway like a ragged doll. My wrists are starting to hurt. I stopped walking and pulled my hand back from him. He pushed me forcibly. He is fuming mad. 

" you." He said in front of my face. "Do you know how much problem you've caused? I don't care if it's just you who's affected. But you are tarnishing After School's image."

"You're the manager right?" I snapped at him. I don't understand why he's blaming me. It was his fault too. "You shouldn't have allowed me to go out that night in the first place. And besides, I didn't know the paparazzi was following me."

"They're not following you, Nana. They're following Kris. They caught the two of you dating accidentally." That, I know. "I allowed you because I thought you would just go out with someone as irrelevant as you are."

"It's your fault, Changho." I said to irritate him more. "You're useless. You can't even take care of your artist. Just resign." He was about to raise his hand but I eyed him questionably. "You hit girls now?" I said and headed to the practice room. As I was walking away, I heard a frustrated scream and a string of curses from Changho. I smiled. I am enjoying his misery. He deserves more than that. 

I headed to the practice room and saw Kaeun, the maknae, scrolling through her smartphone. What is she doing during practice hours? She's supposed to be working her off. She was so busy with her phone that she didn't even notice me coming. Tsk, kids these days. I quietly approached her clasped the phone in her hands. She looked at me appaled. Her eyes are wide open as if she saw a ghost.

"You should be practing, young lady. What? Because you're famous, you won't work hard anymore?" I said to her. "What are you doing anyway? Do you have a boyfriend?" I said and looked at her phone's screen. Kaeun tried to stop but I glared at her. She was reading an article from her phone.

 

Dispatch spots Kris and Nana + still waiting for both company's statements


1. [+903, -10] I say this as an EXO-L... you can date girls, just date girls on your own level. Nana is definitely not on your level...

2. [+876, -22] Nana nugu ㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+774, -45] Don't care ㅡㅡ but Kris can do better

4. [+567, -13] What's wrong with Kris lately ㅋㅋ

5. [+90, -16] I wonder what he sees in a woman so covered up with plastic surgery???

6. [+39, -2] Go rot in hell you don't deserve Kris

 

I looked at her and she was just standing there quietly. She feels sorry for me, obviously. It hurts my pride that someone younger than me is more successful. "This is what you do on your free time? Read articles about celebrities?" I told her. "Practice now." I said and gave her phone back. I was about to get out of the practice room when I heard her say my name gently. 

"Nana..." Kaeun said. "Are you okay? Aren't you hurt? Your heart isn't aching?" 

"Haven't you heard?" I spoke as I smiled dolefully at her innocent question. Heart? "I don't have one."


a/n: I made the chapter poster myself *hides away* It's obvious that I'm just a mere beginner when it comes to photoshop. Subscribe and comment if you like! I hope the first chapter kept you interested! Thank youuu for reading!