The Story

Sweater Weather

It was in the middle of autumn. Jongdae sat on the windowsill looking outside at the cars passing by. This was the best time of the year. Just sitting, no worries, it's almost like forgetting you have a life. But of course you do.

 

"Jongdae sweetie, why don't you go out for a walk?" Jongdaes mom opened the door to his room. Jongdae gazed outside, he was thinking of just ignoring her, but he didn't.

 

"But it's raining.".

 

His mom sighed before she said, "that's why umbrellas exist.".

 

Jongdae rolled his eyes, "I know, I know! Just give me five minutes and I will be outside.".

 

His mom closed the door. He walked over to his dresser. The shirt he already wore was the fir tree green colour. He messed up his layers of blouses just to find his favourite sweater, he had saved for exactualy a day like this. It's was a little bit too long at the sleeves, but it just made it more comfortable.

 

He went out to the hall to put his white worn out converse on. He grabbed an umbrella and yelled, "I'm going!" To his mom. The door slammed behind him as he went down the stairs. A slightly cold breeze hit his face as he stepped outside. It made him shiver. He walked down the street until he reached the park.

 

The leaves on the ground were the typical autumn colours, like sunset orange, faded green, lemon yellow and blood red. He strolled down the path kicking to the leaves, when he suddenly spotted a twinkling thing under some of the leaves a little bit ahead of him.

 

He bent down to pick up the shining thing. It was a pendant with a dark blue gemstone. He looked around to find the owner. After a long time of searching, and asking a few old ladies, he popped the pendant down in his pocket and walked further. The raindrops fell peacefully down on his umbrella as he walked.

 

He found a bench where he sat down not caring about getting wet. A young man maybe about 20 (one year older than Jongdae), kicked frustrated and depressed to a pile of leaves. The man growled, at himself? Actually, he could look like someone who just lost its last reason to live.

 

Before Jongdae knew it, he had walked over to him and started talking,"Excuse me, Sir? But you look quite down. Can I help you somehow?" He asked with the thick accent of his. Jongdae hadn't always lived in Seoul. He had moved to here, for about five years ago. The man sighed before forcing a tiny smile onto his lips.

 

"Just Joonmyeon, and you could use your magically powers of yours to find my grandmothers pendant," Joonmyeon said. The pendant Jongdae just found?

 

"Actually..." Jongdae started but was cut of by Joonmyeon.

 

"No, sorry, that was rude of me. I'm just mad at myself for dropping the pendant, my grandmother gave it to me just last month, she's going to kill me if she finds out.". Jongdae took his hand down in his back pocket (he actually forgot to bring a coat), and he could feel the cold from the silver pendant.

 

"Is this what you are looking for?" He asked pulling the pendant out of his pocket. He swung it in front of Joonmyeon, who's eyes followed it mysteriously with double size.

 

"Yes!" He beamed, as happy as you could be over a pendant. Joonmyeon cupped his hands, and Jongdae placed the pendant gently down. Joonmyeon almost jumped into jongdaes embrace. They shared a hug and Jongdae was somehow confused and scared. But he liked the warmth feeling Joonmyeon gave him while pressing their bodies together.

 

A stranger he just met five minutes ago hugged him, and well he couldn't do anything else than hugging him back right?

 

They broke the hug.

 

"What would you say to go grab a cup of coffee?" Joonmyeon asked. It wasn't like Jongdae loved coffee, but it was okay. Everything for being together with this stranger a little longer.

 

If you had asked Jongdae about Joonmyeons look he would had said "handsome", but inside Jongdae knew Joonmyeon was hot, and that was the reason for wanting to learn about the other male.

 

"If you pay," Jongdae said and Joonmyeon chuckled even though it wasn't meant as a joke, but Joonmyeon didn't have to know that.

 

"Of course I will treat you..." Joonmyeon hesitated and blushed awkwardly, and rubbed his neck.

 

"What's your name?" He asked embarrassed.

 

"Oh right, Jongdae," Jongdae smiled slightly.

 

"Cute name," Joonmyeon commented, "where was I? Oh yeah, it will be my treat because you are my hero!" He laughed as they walked out of the park to the nearest Starbucks. Jongdae blushed with the mention of him as a hero.

 

Jongdae sat down while Joonmyeon ordered their coffees. Again Jongdae found himself gazing outside. Was it wrong to be having coffee with a stranger(even though it was a hot stranger)? Wait they aren't strangers, Jongdae knows his name is Joonmyeon... And he has a grandmother.

 

Joonmyeon came over with two caramel brulée lattes.

 

"Thank you," Jongdae said as Joonmyeon handed him his latte. In many hours the two of them just sat talking. They had many things in common like, loving to sing, autumn as they favourite time of the year, attending the same university. And Jongdae was right when he guessed Joonmyeon was about 20. Joonmyeon was actually 19 as Jongdae, but still a little older. And now when Jongdae thought about it, he had seen Joonmyeon before in the hallways.

 

Sometimes Jongdae caught Joonmyeon staring at his face, and a suddenly fear about having something stuck between his teeth grew.

 

They exchanged telephone numbers before leaving Starbucks.

 

"So I was thinking if you would, like, I don't know... Come with me home?" Jongdae suggested. Joonmyeon nodded and smiled his precious smile Jongdae had learned to know in the time he had been with him.

 

They shared Jongdaes umbrella because Joonmyeon hadn't brung one with him. But even though Jongdae had brought an umbrella he was wet and freezing.

 

"Jongdae-ah your lips are blue, please borrow my jacket," Joonmyeon said gently. He had already said that to Jongdae once, but he had denied and said he was fine. He could be quite dumbfounded sometimes.

 

"No thanks hyung," Jongdae smiled. They walked further and Joonmyeon couldn't take to see Jongdae freezing so much anymore.

 

"You're such a twerp Jongdae," Joonmyeon said and slung an arm around Jongdaes shoulder and pulled him closer to himself.

 

"Hyung..." Jongdae blushed to a slightly pink. Right now Jongdae squealed inside and wanted to call Joonmyeon senpai, like a Japanese teenage girl.

 

"I'm not borrowing you my jacket so don't try to get out of it, it's called body heat," Joonmyeon mumbled without looking at Jongdae. That made Jongdae blush more, and he was really happy that Joonmyeon didn't looked at him. Now it was pretty clear for Jongdae that he managed to build up a crush on the other male too fast for his liking, but if that was what his heart wanted, he wouldn't try to stop it.

 

They stood in front of Jongdaes front door.

 

"You live in a flat?" Joonmyeon asked.

 

"Can you live in anything else than a flat in Seoul?" Jongdae chuckled. They went inside where Jongdae found a note stuck to the refrigerator.

 

I went out to do some groceries. Don't wait for me to come home for supper, I will be eating at Seojongs house, you remember the guy I am dating right? Maybe I will sleep at his house too, if I don't come home don't be worried okay? You are allowed to invite some of your friends over, but don't make a party.

 

"Do you want to stay for supper hyung?" Jongdae asked as he had read the note.

 

"Sure, let me text my mom," he said and pulled his phone out and started typing.

 

"My mom's not home, she will be eating at her boyfriends house, and maybe sleeping there," Jongdae said as they walked in to his room.

 

"Are you parents divorced?" He asked.

 

"Yes, so I grew up without a dad," Jongdae nodded. Joonmyeon looked uncomfortable, maybe feeling bad for bringing the subject up.

 

"But I like it with just me and my mom, I help her pick out who she should date, it's actually quite fun sometimes," Jongdae smiled birgthly not liking Joonmyeons tightened face. Luckily it faded away fast.

 

"You like taking pictures?" He said as he hurried over to a wall full with pictures taken by Jongdae.

 

"Yes, and please don't get mad at me but I took pictures of you at Starbucks," Jongdae confessed heating up. It went silent so Jongdae glanced up at his hyung slowly.

 

"Let me see!" His whole face turned into one happy world. Jongdae almost fell when he ran over to grab his phone on the desk.

 

"Here," he said and showed the pictures. Joonmyeon looked carefully on each of them before saying, "Wow! I like them, but they would have been better with the two of us in it.".

 

Jongdaes tensed muscles got normal again and he sighed greatfully. Thank God.

 

"Jongdae take a selca with me!" Joonmyeon used his aegyo(?) on him. Eventually Jongdae gave in and lot Joonmyeon scoot closer to him.

 

"Smile!" He said and took a picuture of them. Joonmyeon had taken his arm around Jongdaes shoulder again and made the V sign. Jongdae had blushed, and just prayed to God that it was invisible on the picture.

 

"Cute," Joonmyeon mumbled before sliding his phone in his back pocket. The clock on the wall said 7:21 pm. Was it really already that late?

 

"Are you hungry?" He asked.

 

"Not really, I'm still full after the coffee," Joonmyeon said walking around the room touching random stuff.

 

"Then what about we watch a movie and eat some popcorns? It's Saturday after all," Jongdae blinked innocent. It seemed like Joonmyeon liked the idea and headed for the kitchen faster than Jongdae. They made their popcorn and the whole time Joonmeyon stood in front of the microwave watching the popcorns pop. He chuckled when the bag grew bigger. It was really cute to watch.

 

They turned the TV inside Jongdaes room on. Joonmyeon had insisted to watch the movie in there, because there wasn't any curtains in the living room. So they sat in Jongdaes bed and shared his blanket. If Joonmyeon had been Minseok he would had cuddled the life out of him. Some people are huggers others are cuddlers. Jongdae is a cuddler if you haven't guessed.

 

The movie they had , was one of Jongdaes moms romantic movies. Anyway Joonmyeon had agreed to watch it.

 

In the middle of the movie both of them laid with a pillow to support their heads. One of the main characters dog just died, and Jongdae could swear he heard Joonmyeon sniffle. So he turned his head to look at him. When he did, tears rolled down Joonmyeons cheeks.

 

"Are you... crying," Jongdae asked without thinking. Not many boys likes to tell they cry over a movie... Over a dog.

 

"Yes," he sniffled removing the tears. Jongdae still not thinking right pulled Joonmyeon into a hug, and lot him rest on his arm afterwards.

 

"It's okay hyung. The dog is a better place now," Jongdae tried to comfort the crying older.

 

"I know," Joonmyeon chuckled removing the last pair of tears.

 

The movie ended and Jongdaes arm was sleeping. They had reminded the same place trough the rest of the movie.

 

"You're really nice," Joonmyeon said still laying on Jongdaes arm.

 

"But you are confusing me," he mumbled. Jongdae didn't understand what the other was talking about so suddenly.

 

"I can't read you," he kept mumbling.

 

"What are you talking about?" Jongdae asked seriously confused.

 

"I don't know what I want anymore... At first I just wanted to be friends, but you're just so nice towards me, and you feels so good to be close to, and when you smile I kinda want to pass out, you're also cute without trying to, but we haven't talked before, not before today, and I have never felt anything for a boy, I'm confused because somehow I just want to leave your house because you're so god damn sweet, but on the other side I just want to hold you so I can kiss you. Please don't be mad at me, I bet this is really awkward. But I'm bad at letting my heart have secrets, and I understand fully if you want me to leave your house, beacaue I'm really just-" Joonmyeons panicking was cut off by a pair of soft lips dazzling against his owns.

 

"You don't have to leave my house, you don't have to me. Hyung, love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it. Maybe not as first but if you can't sleep at night you know you're in love because then reality is finally better than your dreams." Jongdae said smiling.

 

"Stop smiling, it melts me. When those little curls in the side of your lips twists into a smile, it's so god damn cute," Joonmyeon looked away obviously blushing.

 

"But I don't want to be cute, I want to be hot," Jongdae moved slowly towards his target. Joonmyeon sunk so his Adam's apple moved up and down.

 

"Hyung I'm not going to hurt you, I'm just going to show my love to you in that crazy way humans choose to show it," Jongdae bit his lip trying to hide his upcoming smirk.

 

"S-s-?" Joonmyeon stuttered. Jongdae laughed teasingly.

 

"What a dirty mind you got! Of course not! I'm not going to do that to you.... Yet," Jongdae pouted. The pink blush on Joonmyeons cheeks turned into a tomato red. And Jongdae liked teasing him.

 

He took a hand behind Joonmyeons neck and pressed their lips together. Right now Joonmyeon was all he needed, and hopefully it would be like that in a long time, maybe forever?

 

It ended with Jongdae sitting in Joonmyeons lap making out, with the sound of rain falling outisde.

 

"You know my mom isn't home before tomorrow," Jongdae said between the kisses.

 

"Well there's still two people sleeping in the house anyway," Joonmyeon smirked. They laid down in the bed still placing little kisses and giggling.

 

"You may want to take those skinny jeans off before sleeping," Jongdae looked down at his boyfriends(?) thighs. Joonmyeon nodded and off they were.

 

Jongdae snuggled closer to Joonmyeons chest. The latters grip tightened around Jongdaes oversized sweater and pulled him into one long passionate kiss, taking Jongdaes breath away.

 

Joonmyeon was an excelent kisser and you would never had guessed that, but now Jongdae was just happy to have him all by himself and even the whole night.


After all it was really just a nice sweater weather.

 

 

 

 

 

So here is the little story, I hope you liked it, it's very short and I know. Anyway, thank you or reading and please upvote if you think I did a good job *awkwardly laugh* ^^