0.2

Kaisoo Drabble Dump

kid!kaisoo; unbeta-ed

a/n: 0.1 prequel actually. You might understand it more if you read this. I'm sorry, I'm not good with this chapter stuffs. Should have posted this one first before 0.1.

 

_

 

Kyungsoo was cooed by the teachers and his classmates. In a young tender age, Kyungsoo makes all the girls' (no matter what age) head turn and admire the chubby short pair of arms and legs and pinch his fluffy cheeks. Jongin's older sister, for that matter, always picks his brother up in the nursery, just to get a peek of the infamous adorable Do Kyungsoo. 

 

Jongin is a grumpy child. Too serious and too mature for his age. And he doesn’t get the hype for the Do boy. He hates how his Jaehee noona cooes someone that isn’t him. He's her younger brother, damn it. So he deemed Kyungsoo as a thief. Thief is such a strong word, but no one steals his noona's attention other than him.


So on a fateful sunny Friday morning, the kids were allowed to play outside. Jongin took the chance to confront Kyungsoo. Since the Do boy is at a level higher than him, he rarely sees him. The kids ran around playing tag while Jongin was sitting in the corner, looking for his nemesis. There's a bunch of squealing girls near at the swing. 

 

Jongin squinted his eyes because he's one hundred percent sure that was the Do boy's fan club. He marched on the other side of the playground with firm resolve to confront the doe-eyed child. This was a rare chance so he's not going to lose it. It may take weeks for them to be allowed to play outside again. The rainy season is already starting, so the sunny day was a miracle that his teacher's decided to celebrate by letting the kids have fun outside.

 

The girls continued to laugh and squeal until Jongin broke their circle and grab Kyungsoo's hand. He pulled the doe-eyed boy until they're inside a classroom. 

 

Once Jongin was sure he closed the door, he crossed his arms around his chest, ready to confront the boy in front of him. 

 

"Back off -"

 

"Thank you."

 

They both said at the same time. Jongin stood there, mouth agape because the Do boy just thanked him.

 

 "What are you thanking me for?" Jongin asked incredulously. 

 

"For saving me back there. Those girls never leave me alone." Kyungsoo answered with a sigh and sat to a nearby chair.  He smiled sincerely at Jongin and Jongin thinks the Do boy has a pretty heart shaped smile. Realizing his train of thoughts, his face immediately turned to scowl.

 

"Well, you're clearly mistaken. I did it because I need to talk to you. Don't be full of yourself." Jongin huffed.

 

Kyungsoo frowned and pursed his lips. "Oh. So what do you want to talk about?"

 

Jongin took a deep breathe, well here it goes, "I want you to back off. Like don't ever come near to my noona. Or much better, don't even appear in front of her."

 

Kyungsoo's face morphed into confusion. "What are you talking about? I don't even know you nor your noona."

 

"I'm Kim Jongin. Now you know me. I don't know what kind of sorcery you're pulling but I'm the only one whose cheeks she wants to pinch not some other kid. Stop stealing noona's. Go find your own noona."  

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin both stared at each other for a minute. Kyungsoo digesting what the tan boy said while Jongin took his time to realize his jealous outburst. His ears turned red because this was not suppposed to go this way, damn it. He was just going to tell to the Do boy to back off and then his noona will only coo at him, no more doe-eyed boy in the equation.

 

Kyungsoo lips quivered and broke into a sob. "But I don't steal noona's. Stealing is bad. Why do you think I steal?" 

 

Jongin stood frozen because he did not expect the turn out of events. He made the Do boy cried. He's suddenly freaking out because no one told him how to stop a boy from crying. And oh man, is that Niagara falls he sees. His heart beats twice the phase and Jongin was so sure he'll get reprimanded for making their infamous Do boy cry. Jongin thinks his mind short-circuited for a minute  because he suddenly hugged the crying boy in front of him. 

 

Kyungsoo's breathing hitched when he felt two short hands wrap itself around him. He stilled for a second and went back to crying. He buried his head to Jongin's chest and grabbed a fistful of the tan's boy shirt.

 

"I don't - sniffs- ste -sniffs- steal -" Kyungsoo tried to say. His poor heart hurts because Kyungsoo doesn't get it why he is being accused of stealing. His mother said stealing is a crime. Stealing is for bad person only. Does that mean he's a bad person? But he doesn’t want to be a bad person. The thought itself brought more tears. And Jongin panicked a little bit more.

 

"Stop crying. Are you a baby?" Jongin asked. A slight worry hiding behind his irritated tone. 

 

"But I'm not a -sniffs- bad -sniffs- person." Kyungsoo reasoned out.

 

Jongin rubbed his one hand on Kyungsoo’s back while the other was rested at the top of Kyungsoo's raven black hair. "Okay, fine. You're not a bad person. You can be my brother so it's reasonable when Jaehee noona cooes at you." The Jongin in the future will think he must have been thinking with his feet at that time but at four year old mark, it seems a plausible idea.

 

Kyungsoo was silent for seconds before he nods. He mouthed a silent "okay" to Jongin after pulling away from their previous position. Jongin missed the warm in his arms but the thought quickly dissipates when Kyungsoo flashed a smile.

 

"Then you must call me hyung. Kyungsoo hyung." Kyungsoo said, eyes forming crescent while flashing his heart-shaped smile.

 

"Kyungsoo hyung." Jongin said with reluctance. There's a teeny winny regret because he's going to have a competition to his noona but he thinks it's all right when Kyungsoo ruffled his hair. He could get used to it.