0.1

Kaisoo Drabble Dump

kid!kaisoo; lame!fluff (and stupid Jongin)

a/n : This was a part of a one shot I was working on. It was turning into monster so I decided to take a break. I may or may not continue it but who knows.

 

-

 

Jongin was six when Kyungsoo started grade school.

 

Jongin stomped his feet while walking away from Kyungsoo.  He held his backpack firmly and his head high. But a pout still sneakily make its way and he can't control his feelings anymore. His chest hurts and he wants to cry. He doesn't want to talk to Kyungsoo but at the same time, he wants to cling at the elder's arms. He doesn't know what to call to this new found feelings. And tears were threatening to fall. He stomped and stomped, kicking a pebble in his way when he felt a pair of arms stopping him.

 

"Jongin. Stop." Kyungsoo’s grip at Jongin's arm was hard.

 

"It's just grade school. I'm not going far away." 

 

"But you're leaving me." Jongin's lips quivered as he pouted.

 

"There's only a year difference. You could always go to the same school as mine after you graduate pre-school."

 

"But it's not the same." Jongin whined.

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. "Don't be a baby. I thought you said you're a big boy now."

 

It's only been two years but the two were inseperable. From Jongin fighting for his older sister's affection became Jongin  fighting his sister for Kyungsoo’s. Nevertheless, he never brings Kyungsoo around his house when his sister is home. 

 

Kyungsoo was delighted to the idea of having a younger brother. And over the course of two years,  Jongin became his brother and best friend. Sometimes, he wants to pamper him. Because Jongin acts like he's a grown up. Too grumpy but too whiny. Jongin hates being touched especially by girls. And when Kyungsoo’s around and likes to act the big brother he is, Jongin let's him. From bringing lunches to singing him to sleep. He likes it when Jongin smiles only at him. But sometimes he wants to strangle the tan kid. Because Jongin is so stupid like he is right now.

 

"I am a big boy. I can already walk myself home without Jaehee noona." Jongin retorted. 

 

"But can't without me." Kyungsoo said with a smug smile.

 

"I hate you. " 

 

Kyungsoo felt a pang in his chest . "Take that back."

 

Jongin's lower lip is jutting by now. "No. You're leaving me and I'm going to be left with Sehun. And he's going to pick me now and - and - an" Jongin cried. He's a big boy, big boy doesn't cry but this is Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo leaving him alone in this cold cruel world (he knows he's being dramatic but let him have his moment) and to a place where Satan's spawns (Sehun and friends) are all crawling.

 

Kyungsoo engulfed Jongin in his arms. The sight of the tan boy crying for him made his heart swell.  And this is a rare moment, might as well cherish it (and use it as a black mail in the future). And Jongin looked ugly while crying and he noted to himself to later.

 

"I told you. Stop being stupid. I'm not going somewhere far away. We can always go to school together and go home together.  We may not eat lunch together but let's make it up during weekends and sleepovers. Now how does that sound?" Kyungsoo rubbed Jongin's back and this reminds of their first meeting, only they were in reverse role, making him smile.

 

"You promise?" Jongin pushed Kyungsoo a little to look at the elder.

 

"Promise." Kyungsoo smiled and Jongin looked at the his eyes to search for  its sincerity.  And when he's satisfied, he smiled back.

 

"Now let's get you home before dark." Kyungsoo held Jongin’s hand with a tight grip, intertwining their fingers. 

 

While Kyungsoo leads the way, Jongin blushed hard. Kyungsoo looked back and laughed at Jongin.

 

"Why are you so red?"

 

"Shut up. It's the sunset."

 

"You're still stupid tho."

 

"..."

 

"You do know that the grade school building is just behind the school's kindergarten right?"

 

"..."