Final

Error_

 

Jaehwan sighed as he stood in front of the door, heart heavy with the news the doctors dropped right before him.

"Taekwoon's not going to last. His condition has been deteriorating fast this past week. I guess you better prepare yourself for the worst...." The doctor had told him. 

He had pent up his hopes, hoping his boyfriend would at least be out of the intensive care unit, praying every night for a miracle to happen, but the doctor's words just crushed up all that hopes and threw them right in his face.                  

Jaehwan had dragged himself all the way to Taekwoon's ward, tears threatening to overspill from his eyes.   

But Jaehwan forced himself not to cry, Taekwoon didn't like seeing him all sad and crying.Taking a deep breath, he pushed open the door, forcing a tiny smile onto his face. 

"Jaehwan." Taekwoon's  soft voice echoed as Jaehwan walked into the hospital ward.

"Taekwoon." Jaehwan replied, his heart broke into a million pieces as he saw Taekwoon looking weaker than before, looking so thin, with dark circles under his eyes.

"Jaehwan......." Taekwoon smiled. "I miss you.....  "

"Yeah I know Taekwoonie." Jaehwan smiled sadly as he poured a glass of water for Taekwoon. 

"No.....I will miss you.....a....lot..." Taekwoon said as he sipped water from the glass, his eyes staring sadly at Jaehwan. 

"I can visit you more often...sorry baby, I had some work to do the past week...." Jaehwan smiled apologetically.

"No......what I meant.....was.....I've not much time left.....I don't think...I-I..." 

"Don't say that Taekwoonie! You'll get better soon!" Jaehwan protested against his boyfriend's negative words before he could even finish.

 "No....Jaehwanie.....I....can...feel it already...my time's up......" Taekwoon rasped, his eyes watery with tears, "..and I know the doctor has already told you about me..y-you don't have to hide it..." and almost to prove his point, the heart monitor started beeping, indicating falling blood pressure.  

"Taekwoon? Taekwoon!" Jaehwan gasped as Taekwoon's eyes started fluttering and his breath became long gasps of air.       

"Stay with me!" Jaehwan cried as Taekwoon let out a tiny cough.

"Jaehwan........" Taekwoon rasped, his voice barely audible.

"Yes?" Jaehwan said, tears pouring down his face as he leaned forward.   

He looked with teary eyes as Taekwoon mustered the very lasts of his strength to press his lips against his. Jaehwan returned the kiss, savoring every of this very last moment.                                    

"I-if.........there is a.. s-second life....I-I will want to spend it with you..." Taekwoon said softly, as a single teardrop rolled down his dull cheeks.

"Stay....please....." Jaehwan choked out the words as if they were stuck in his throat, knowing that staying was impossible.                                     

"Don't go......" Jaehwan was on the verge of breaking down, his heart aching like never before as he gripped his lover's hand for the last time.

"Sorry....Jaehwan....saranghae..." Taekwoon whispered and he let out a sigh, his eyes closing into eternal painless slumber. The heart monitor let out a long beep as Taekwoon's limp hand slid gently out of Jaehwan's hold. Taekwoon was gone, free from pain but at the cost of not being together with Jaehwan. 

"Taekwoon!" Jaehwan collapsed beside the bed, screaming his lover's name. 

He lay there screaming and crying out his pain, the pain of seeing your loved one die before your very eyes.

The doctors barged into the ward armed with debfibrillators, hoping that the pulses of electricity could bring the still heart back to life. But Taekwoon never woke, eyes remaining shut forever.

The doctors walked away shaking their heads sadly, leaving Jaehwan curled up in a ball of sobbing mess. 

His Taekwoon was gone......his departure from this damned world leaving a wound so deep, a mark that can never be erased from his soul.

 

2 years later

2 years......

It's been 2 years...

2 years...it wasn't enough for Jaehwan to forget that moment.....the memory imprinted in his heart, reminding him at every single thump that his Taekwoon was gone...                              

Every single day living in grief, every single day a living nightmare. Dreaming about Taekwoon and waking up without him by his side was a daily torture. Days were spent in tears and nights were spent crying to sleep. No matter how much he tried to delete away the memories he had with Taekwoon, it still remained fresh in his mind. All the psychiatric help he received was of no use. He just wanted to forget Taekwoon completely, to be free from that very painful memory, but he just couldn't.

 Jaehwan suffered enough, he walked down to his secret hideout beneath his house, a place where he did his work and cyborg experiments, a place where he spent most of the time with Taekwoon, when he was alive....

Jaehwan stared at the project he had started last month, hanging lifeless on the frame in the middle of the room. A cyborg made in Taekwoon's image. He created the cyborg replica, hoping that it would relieve his emotional pain. Jaehwan walked towards the cupboard, and pulled out a jar. He stared at the content, his fingers exploring the icy glass surface, tears threatening to spill from his eyes as he recognized what was inside. Taekwoon's heart. The heart of the man he devoted himself to. The heart he loved the most, now preserved in a jar. 

Jaehwan pressed his palm against the cyborg's cold cheek, wishing that it was Taekwoon's soft skin instead of the material. He had tried to make the cyborg as human as possible physically but it will still never feel like Taekwoon's body. Jaehwan fixed the heart into the cyborg's chest and flicked the electricity switch and grabbed a device, placing it over the cyborg's head. He would be inserting Taekwoon's retrieved memories into the cyborg.

Jaehwan knew what he was doing was illegal. Cyborgs built with  human memories were illegal. Cyborgs built with human memories meant that it will have the capability to feel and relive those human memories and emotions, cyborgs are not meant to feel those emotions, let alone a human heart, the cyborg will be pretty much a human. The government had set up a special force to control the illegal building of such cyborgs. But he didn't care anymore, he just wanted to ease his pain. He rather get caught than to live in pain.

As the insertion of memories was completed, Jaehwan lifted the device to reveal the cyborg smiling, eyes closed in happiness. Jaehwan couldn't control his feelings anymore, the cyborg's smile....was exactly the same as Taekwoon's. Taekwoon opened his eyes and rushed foward, hugging Jaehwan tightly. "Jaehwan....."  Taekwoon whispered. 

"Taekwoon......" Jaehwan cried, his tears flowing out of control, it felt so real......

The two stood there, arms wrapped around each other, locked in an embrace. Taekwoon pulled away gently, eyes staring deep into his boyfriend's. "I thought I was dead? You gave me a new body?" He said, his voice wasn't angry or demanding but just filled with questions. 

"Yes, you died. But I preserved your heart and placed it inside a cyborg's body." Jaehwan replied, grasping Taekwoon's hand, "we can be together again." Jaehwan smiled. Taekwoon pulled Jaehwan into a hug, "I really missed you. A lot." Taekwoon said softly, wiping away Jaehwan's tears with a finger.

There was a sudden patter of footsteps causing Jaehwan to gasp in shock. "Who's th-" Before Taekwoon could finish his sentence. "OPEN UP!" A loud voice broke the moment of reconciliation.  Three men clad in suits burst into the room, armed with teaser guns. Jaehwan knew who they were. The special force had found them. And he had no idea how they found out after years of being extremely careful about his secret.  

"LEE JAEHWAN! You're suspected of building illegal cyborgs!" One of them snarled. "And I guess the one beside you is one of them?"

Jaehwan had zero time to think how they managed to find him. "Run!" Jaehwan gasped, grabbing the Taekwoon's hand. But before they could reach the other door, one of the agents lunged foward and pinned Jaehwan to the floor. "Run! Taekwoon run!" Jaehwan screamed as he saw his lover rooted to the ground.

"What the?" Taekwoon's was filled with shock and confusion and anger. "Get off my boyfr-- Ahhhhh!" Taekwoon let out a pained wail as  the other agents held onto his shoulder and stabbed a needle like device into his back, stunning him in the process. The device flashed bright red with the words 'illegal' displayed on the screen in capital letters. 

"Take it away!" The agent pinning Jaehwan down ordered as Jaehwan squirmed under his grip.

"IT'S HIM, NOT IT YOU BASTARD! WHERE ARE YOU TAKING MY TAEKWOON?" Jaehwan shrieked. Taekwoon struggled against the agents' grip. "Jaehwan!" He cried, mind whirling in fear.

 "Noooo!" Jaehwan roared, tears streaking down his cheeks, he mustered all his strength and pushed himself upwards, throwing the agent off his back. Rushing forward, he threw a punch at the other agent. Grabbing Taekwoon's hand, he ran into the other room, locking the door securely behind him and dropped to the ground gasping for breath, his head buried in between his knees.

"Jaehwan..." Taekwoon breathed as he helped the panting human up.

"Why..." Jaehwan started, he could feel his tears falling. "Why...why.. why is it that everything is trying to break us off....First you got some terminal sickness and now even when I rebuild you in cyborg form, I can't be with you...WHY???" Jaehwan cried, his watery eyes bore straight into Taekwoon's, trying to search those eyes for answers only to find none. Taekwoon just stood there silently, sadness filling his eyes as he watched Jaehwan cry his heart out.

"Why......" Jaehwan choked, "why can't we just stay together......" Jaehwan felt himself being turned around. "If we can't stay together in this world....we will in the next world....we die..together..." Taekwoon's words filled his ears. " Death isn't that bad. We will still be together in the next life."

"W-we can? Really?" Jaehwan's voice shook with uncertainty. 

"Why would I lie to you? Don't cry, okay?" Taekwoon smiled back.

Jaehwan gently led Taekwoon to platform, before keying in some settings into the machine beside it.

The both of them lay on the platform facing each other, Jaehwan's teary eyes staring deep into the Taekwoon's love filled ones, hands clasped in each other's. The machine whirred to life as a mechanic hand was lowered down to work on their bodies. 

"I love you." Taekwoon mouthed the words as the mechanic hand started dismantling his lower body. 

"I love you too...Taekwoon..." Jaehwan whispered, before he closed his eyes, letting a wave of dizzying blackness engulf him.

"We can finally be together...."

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry subscribers that I took so long to update >< finally it's here! I was pretty busy last month and the first few weeks of Dec and had no time to update! Sorryy! I hope you'll find the story nice ^^ thanks to those who subscribed and waited! /bows/

And since Christmas is 2 days away, merry Christmas! 🎄🎅🎁