End.

60 Seconds.

What can you do in 60 seconds? Eat? Drink? Smile?

What about.

Love?

As weird as it sounds, I fell in love in 60 seconds. 

L, the cold city boy. Kim Myungsoo the dorky and funny boy. He has two sides of himself. That's what keeping it mysterious isn't it? L, the Mr Popular to everyone, loads of fangirls and loads of gifts every single day. One smile from him is enough to  knock all the air out of your lungs. Kim Myungsoo, the crazy, funny neighbor of mine. I don't go to school, my family isn't rich enough. I don't know about L, because I only saw Kim Myungsoo. 

I remember him moving next door to my neighborhood. We are all very close-knitted together because we are a small neighborhood. We know each other well, the whole neighborhood is practically like a family. When the next door Jung family moved out, the Kims moved in. 

With a pure and handsome face, I looked at him trying to help his parents move all the big boxes. I looked through my white curtains and observed, I didn't know why I did that. After the fifth box, he took a short rest. He sat down on the little lawn they had and got a sip of water. He looked around and caught me "peeking" at him. 

I literally got a surge of electricity rush through me when those shimmering orbs of his, locked eyes with me. The droplets of perspiration forming at his sideburns and his slightly moving hair due to the light breeze. It was like this boy jumped out from a painting with no flaws. I retreated from the window quickly and ran to my room. I touched my blushing tomato face and clutched the place where my heart was. It was beating rapidly, I took a deep breathe. He looked too perfect to be true. 

It was that 60 seconds, that 60 seconds where he looked at me. That 60 seconds where we locked gazes. That 60 seconds where the world stopped revolving. That 60 seconds where he came into my heart and took it away. That 60 seconds where I fell in love with an absolute stranger. 

I laid back on my super single bed with plain white sheets. I looked up to my ceiling and sighed. How is it possible for him to notice me? I shook my head and ruffled my own hair. 

"Aish, Kim Hyun Jae, what are you thinking?" 

*Ding dong.*

Oh? I ran down and opened the door, and there, standing in front of our doorstep was the guy I didn't wish to see at the moment. My heart stated racing wildly and looked down on the floor while greeting him. Such a nice first impression, well done Hyun Jae-ah. 

"A-annyeonghaseyo." Damn it why am I stuttering? He's so going to tease me now.

I then heard a soft chuckle. I looked up in confusion and saw him smiling widely at me. He introduced himself as Kim Myungsoo. I nodded. 

What?!

I knocked myself on the head and bowed to him and apologized. He chuckled again. I was utterly embarrassed. I just wanted to dig a hole and bury myself and never show my face to the whole world again.

"I'm sorry, I think I shouldn't interrupt your packing." I slowly moved back and tried to shut the door.
"Wait!" He held onto the door and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. Cute.
"Yes Myungsoo-ssi?" 

He took a deep breath and puffed out the air. 

"Erm, let's be friends?" He muttered and put his hands out for me to shake it.

My eyes widened in shock. Did this amazingly, handsome, perfect, flawless boy just asked me, the nerdy, weird girl to be his friend?!

"N-nae? Friends? Me?"
"Am I too rude? I'm sorry, I'll leave right away." He turned away and started walking.

He turned and wanted to leave.

"Wait!" I rushed forward and held his wrist. 

Physical contact. . Hyun Jae currently in shut down mode. I cannot function properly now!

"Let's be friends, Myungsoo-ssi."
"Call me oppa, I'm definitely older." He ruffled my hair and sent me a stunning smile. 

I just nodded, what can I do? 

The days went by, he found out that I'm not schooling, so he'd come by everyday and teach me the "many wonders in the world", quoted by him. He would patiently teach me from how the freakin' numbers and alphabets work together to the astrology signs in the wide universe. 

He is so knowledgable and the way his eyes sparkle when he talks about all the stars, planets and the endless galaxy. How he would talk about going into a spaceship and travel to space, to take pictures of the beautiful universe. He has such a passion in photography, he would bring me out to parks and gardens out of our little town that I've never been before. He would bring out his camera from time to time and snaps pictures. 

However, every time he brings me out, I see girls laughing and pointing, some even screams, "L oppa!" I'm always wondering, who is this L guy? Why is he always around us? I asked Myungsoo oppa one day and he shrugged and answer me,"Probably a handsome guy." I laughed.

Never would I imagine that the guy, L, was him. 

---

It was this once when one of the crazy fangirls screaming for L pulled me into a dirty and dark alley. She screamed at me and slapped me for going near L. I was utterly furious and definitely confused. Since when do I know a person called L?

"Yah." I pushed her away and wiped the blood off the corner of my mouth.
"How dare you 'yah' me, you little ." She glared at me.

I cringed at her cuss words but glared right back.

"I do not know who this L guy is, so why are you slapping me?" I questioned her, trying to sound as brave as possible but of course, failing miserably.
"You don't know who is he?! Then why are you with him everyday, little ?"
"Watch your mouth, I'm telling you once more, I do not know who L is. Move aside."
I walked past her and purposely hit her shoulder on the way.

"Aish! Yah!" She turned me around and I closed my eyes.
"I dare you to move an inch."
A familiar voice said.

I carefully open my eyes and saw Myungsoo oppa.

"L oppa~" Her fake cute voice is making me puke. Wait. L...?
"L? Myungsoo oppa. You are L?" I asked him, totally confused and truthfully, very disappointed.
"Why are you calling him Myungsoo oppa?! Do you even deserve to-" She started scolding me again.
"Shut it! Let go of her this instance." Myungs- L shouted at her.

Myungsoo oppa seemed like a different person suddenly. He was cold, scary, with this icy aura all around him. I shuddered and backed away after he glared at the girl when she left, sobbing. 

When Myungsoo, no, L turned around. I flinched and backed away into the alley. He slowly walked towards and I softly said, "L? You're scary. Please go away." He still walked towards me, he held my cold hands and I looked at him weakly in the eye. 

"Hyun Jae-ah. I'm still Myungsoo."
"No you're L. You lied." I shook my head.
"L is just another name people call me. L is a cold city boy. Myungsoo is me when I'm with you." He said sincerely.

"Myungsoo is you when you're with me? Only when you're with me?" I was surprised and shocked.
"And with my parents of course." He chuckled and lightly ruffled my hair, "Come on."

He back-faced me and knelt down. 

"Get on."
"I can walk, oppa."
"Don't be an ajumma Kim Hyun Jae, quick my legs are getting tired."
"Then stand up!" I argued.
"Aigoo, jinjja."

He finally stood up but no before whipping me up bridal style. 

"Ah!" 

I squealed. He just chuckled and continued walking on. At this moment, all I saw was him, I didn't care about what people think, how they were staring, how they were pointing fingers. I carefully wrapped my arms around his neck and laid down on his warm and broad chest. 

Suddenly, he looked down at me and have me his ever so electrifying smile. He gently placed a kiss on my forehead as my eyes widened in surprise. 

"You're cute when you blush, Hyun Jae-ah."

I shut my eyes and just ducked back deeper into his shirt as he let out a soft chuckle.

"Hyun Jae, remember, I am Kim Myungsoo." He then cheekily smiled.

His name is engraved in my heart, and it will never ever, be forgotten.

Well, that's my story of falling in love with a guy in 60 seconds. 60 seconds is enough for this story. I fell in love with my neighbor, teacher, a stranger and now he is my boyfriend.

My boyfriend is Kim Myungsoo. 


Author's Corner:

Well, there you go, another one shot from me. I hope you guys liked it and please do leave me comments and do subscribe!^^

I have other stories and these are the links to them!

* Battle of the Century: Best Academy of the Year

* Make me believe you. (Sequel to Battle of the Century : Best Academy of the Year)

* Butterfly Girl (One shot)