It's a date?

Just like Romeo and Juliet

Saying that the last few weeks with Tiffany was like a dream come true would be an understatement.  Outside of class, the three of us spent most nights practicing our lines over the phone.  The thing I enjoyed the most was that it wasn’t all about the project; there were times when we all joked around, discussed our hobbies and learned about each other’s interests. 

 

Like all good things in life, our time together was slowly coming to an end.  Although it was inevitable, I dreaded the day Tiffany and I would go back to being just classmates and nothing more. 

 

“Well, it’s getting late.  Tonight was fun as always, but I should probably get some sleep,” Tiffany said as she yawned quite loudly into the phone.

 

 “Oh really? I hardly noticed,” I said with a hint of sarcasm as I tried to hold back laughter.

 

“You guys crack me up,” Wooyoung said with a laugh.  “Seriously though, I should probably get some sleep too.  Coach will have my if I come to practice half awake again.”

 

“Oh, I just remembered!” Tiffany almost shouted.  “We only have one more day to practice before it’s our turn to present to the class.  Are you guys free tomorrow night?  Maybe we can meet at my house, I have plenty of snacks~!” Tiffany said enthusiastically.

 

I suddenly lost my ability to speak as thoughts of being in Tiffany’s room, sitting on Tiffany’s bed next to Tiffany caused my brain to melt.   

 

Before I could explore all of the possibilities in graphic detail, Wooyoung’s voice pulled me back to Earth.

 

“Sorry guys, I can’t make it.  I have a game the next day and need to get as much rest as possible.  Coach’s orders.  I’m not too worried about my part since I only have a few lines, but you guys should definitely do it,” Wooyoung said.

 

“Wha, wha, what?  Why would Tiffany and I do it?” I stated, slightly confused after only hearing the last part of Wooyoung's statement.

 

“So, are you saying you don’t want to do it, Yuri?” Tiffany said, her voice sounding somewhat heart broken.  “I think it would be fun,” she said softly.

 

“You want to do it with me?” I said, still trying to understand what was going on.  “I mean, I’m very much okay with doing it in general.  But I never thought you’d want to do something like that…with me...”

 

“Of course, I want to!” Tiffany shouted.  “What’s the big deal in coming over to my house to practice lines?  I have friends over all the time; my parents are always cool with it.”

 

“Oh.  OH.  OHHH!” I repeated, suddenly realizing what she was talking about.  Clearly we were not on the same page.

 

Slightly embarrassed, I tried to make it seem like there was no misunderstanding on my part. 

 

“Sure, sure.  I’d love to come over!  Practicing it in person will make it feel like the real thing and maybe help get rid of some presentation jitters.”

 

“Great!  Then we’ll meet at my house tomorrow night at seven.  I guess this is the last time we’ll be practicing with you, Wooyoung,” Tiffany said with a never ending cheerfulness in her voice.

 

“I promise I’ll practice my lines when I have some free time.  Night guys.”

 

With that Wooyoung hung up, leaving Tiffany and I alone.

 

“Yuri, you still there?” Tiffany asked after a minute of silence.

 

“Oh, yes.  Still here.  I, uh, was just thinking about presentation day.” 

 

I didn’t want to admit that I was really thinking about being alone with Tiffany.  In a room with a bed.  At night.

 

“Don’t worry, you’ll be fine.  Wow, is it midnight already?  I really should get some sleep.  It was nice talking to you tonight," she said sweetly.

 

I couldn’t help but hang onto every word she said.  “Yes, well….I guess I’ll see you at seven tomorrow,” I said, silently wishing the call would never end.

 

“Sounds good.  Night, Yuri.”  And just like that, she was gone.  Reluctantly, I hung up the phone and turned out the light.

 

Sweet dreams, Tiffany.

 

-----

A/N:  So, I was looking through my story archives and noticed that I never posted this (short, but significant) chapter.  Since this story is past the halfway point, I really want to finish this fic now more than ever.  Fingers crossed!