Chapter 2 (i Feel Like a Superhero)

Running Freely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Ooooh I'm sorry guys if this came out later than expected, i've been really busy and i have exams coming up tomorrow so i won't be able to write again then, and yay for 19 subs :D, that's great! and thanks Kiwiiprincess for the comment, I actually couldn't stop smiling the whole day afte reading it. 
                                                                           -----
   "Umma, do you really have to go?" Little Minseok looked up at his mom from his spot on a wheelchair, his eyes had grown wide with sadness, and a small tear rolled own his cheek, it was his first day at kindergarten and although every class would only be 3 hours long, Minseok was a little shy and he often at how his wheelchair set him back thoughout the day. 
   "I'm sorry Minseok, Umma can't stay with you, but promise to me that you will be a good boy, and make some friends. And there's gonna be someone who's gonna take care of you ok?" Mrs.Kim wiped the little tear off of her sons cheek and puffed her cheeks out and opened her eyes wide to make him laugh, even if it was just a little. It hurt her watching another tear roll down his sons cheek as the school bell rang and she had to leave. The school had told her that there was someone other than the teacher to watch over Minseok so there was nothing to worry about.  
     "Hello there! I'm Ms.Bom, what's your name?" A fairly average height woman approached Minseok, her makeup was kept to a minimum and welcoming smile was plastered on his face. 
     "I'm Kim Minseok." A sad Minseok quietly said, looking down at his feet to avoid eye contact with the woman.
     "Do you want to come into the classroom?" Ms.Bom held out her hand and Minseok reluctantly grabbed it, allowing her to push him into the classroom.                                                                                                                                                   ----------
          
    Walking through the classroom full of little kids, bustling about and having fun placed a smile on Jessicas face. She couldn't help but think about all the little memories she had savoured when she was a little kid. Being in grade 7, Jessica grew up realizing her love of working with little kids after her era of being one of them ended, she especially loved working with disabled kids, something just connected inside of her when there was that once in a while kid who was physically or mentally disabled that she got to work with. 
    The school had allowed her to spend half of her day volunteering in kindergarten classrooms because 1, kindergarten classes only did last half of the regular school day for other grades, so she could be there in the morning, and go back to her class in the afternoon when all the kids were gone, and 2, she was a fairly good student, keeping her grades up, good attendance, no bad moments with the school so they trusted her with helping. 
     "Oh hi there Jessica!" Jessica turned around to see Ms.Bom waving and motioning for her to come up to her. 
     "Hello Ms.Bom, so anything special you need me to do to start the year off?"

     "Well actually, one of the kids in this class are on a wheelchair. His name is Kim Minseok." Ms.Bom pointed at Minseok who was just sulking in the corner of the class, doing nothing but fidgeting with his thumbs, in fact, all the kids were at least a good 10 meters steered clear of him. 
     Jessica's eyes widened with excitement, this year is off to a great start, she thought, but then her expresion changed when she realized he was alone. "Why are none of the kids playing with him?" she asked.
     "I actually have no idea, but i have a feeling it has something to do with the wheelchair." Ms.Bom said.
   "Ahhh i see, ok thanks!" And Jessica proceeded to approach the little boy.
                                                         ---------------------------
    "Hi there!" Minseok looked up and saw a girl with long, wavy brown hair, and big brown eyes smiling. "My name is Jessica how about you?"

     "Minseok."

    "Ok nice to meet you Minseok, how about we take a little look at this wheelchair of yours?" Minseok nodded. 
   Jessica then went around to each little part and gadget of the wheelchair, talking about them and making up funny stories and throwing in litte jokes over the course, At the start, what was before a shy and scared Minseok who would just nod and give one or two words answers, was laughing out loud and being more open to Jessica. Jessica smiled at her accomplishment, her specialty was breaking down a kids barrier even if she did look mean and cold herself. 
   "Jessica, can we play?" Minseok looked up at Jessica.
   "Sure! What do you want to play?"

   Minseok looked at all the kids running around and having fun. "I don't know, i can't use my legs." And little tears started rolling down his cheek, trickling onto his hands. 
   Jessica crouched down to be level with the boy, and used her thumb to wipe away his tears, "It's ok, you know, there are games we can play using our hands, not just our legs."

   Minseok stopped crying for a second, "really?" Jessica nodded. "I can show you some games if you want."
   "Ok!" An excited Minseok suddenly said, he calmed down really fast,
   Jessica praised the heavens above that she actually remembered to bring her deck of cards this time, because she was actually going to use them for once. 
   Jessica face herself and Minseok five cards, who looked at them and Jessica confused on what to do. "See look this game is called Goldfish, it was my favourite card game when I was your age, so you have to guess from your five cards which card I'm holding and if you guess it right, then I have to give my card of the same type to you and vice versa. But if you don't get it, then me or you say goldfish and draw another card, got it?" 
  "Ummm, maybe." 
   "Let's just do a practice round ok?" Minseok nodded. 
    "Ok you ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter