Fin

Trigger my memory

Minseok opened his eyes to blinding light streaming through the windows, and the name “Luhan” on his lips.

Blinking rapidly, it took him a moment to look around the room and frown in confusion. Where is this? He looked over to see a woman smiling down at him.

“You’re awake, finally! You have no idea how happy the doctor will be to hear this!”

“Uh, where is this exactly? Where am I? More importantly, who am I?” Minseok looked around in confusion, his head feeling a little heavy. A quick pat on his head told him he was wearing bandages around his forehead, and was completely devoid of hair.

The woman’s smile faltered and a look of sadness passed her face before she quickly resumed her chattering. “Well, your name is Minseok! About two weeks ago you were in an accident with a drunk driver and, well, you woke up just now. You’re suffering from temporary amnesia. We had hoped that it would not happen, but I suppose it’s better than losing your memory forever, right?” Smiling, she adjusted the wires circumferencing Minseok before leaving the room with an “I’ll be sending the doctor soon!”

Minseok frowned. If his name was Minseok, then who was Luhan? What was a Luhan? For some reason, all Minseok could think of, was an image of prancing deer through an open field in the middle of spring. Shaking his head, Minseok looked at the door, which opened to reveal the doctor striding towards Minseok with what Minseok could only describe as a blinding smile.

“Well, Hello Minseok. How are you feeling?” The doctor sat down on the chair beside Minseok’s bed and for a second, his fingers seem to hover in the air, as if reaching for something, before he awkwardly scratched his head and smiled.

“Confused.” Minseok replied.

“Well, that is to be expected, right?” The doctor laughed. Minseok frowned, because the doctor’s tinkling laughter did funny things to his heart.

“You’re”, Minseok paused. No, something told him pretty would be the wrong adjective here. “Gorgeous.”

The doctor laughed and held up his hand. “I’m also married.”

“Oh”, Minseok pouted. He checked his hand and found that it contained no ring. Great, so no one wants a piece of this he thought. “Well, I have a question.” Minseok hesitated.

“Go on.” The doctor smiled encouragingly.

“Do I have a family? Or someone who is worried about me?”

The doctor nodded. “There’s someone who’s been worried sick about you for the past two weeks, actually. Hasn’t gone home, hasn’t slept. The gentleman actually pestered the doctors so much, I’m beginning to think he was going to be admitted into psychiatric care for stressing too much.”

“Oh” Minseok felt a little guilty.

“Don’t feel guilty.” The doctor spoke up, as if reading Minseok’s mind. “That’s just something he did out of love I’m sure.” The doctor smiled.

“Somehow I can’t think of anyone doing that for me.” Minseok cocked his head to the side.

“Can you imagine yourself doing the same for someone?” The doctor countered.

Minseok grinned. “Will you let me do that for you, doc?” Minseok winked.

“Married, remember?” The doctor flashed his ring once more, though Minseok could see the telltale signs of a blush creeping up his neck. His very pretty gorgeous neck.

“Ahem.” The doctor cleared his throat and Minseok moved his eyes away from the doctor’s throat which he wanted to mark with his mouth, to his eyes. “Anything else you need to ask?” The doctor seemed amused by something though Minseok had yet to grasp what.

“Yes, yes I do, actually. What is a Luhan?” Minseok frowned. “Is it a synonym for something?”

The doctor chuckled prettily behind his hand and Minseok had the sudden urge to grab his hand and stare at what he was sure to be a heart-stopping smile.  “What do you think of when you think of the word ‘Luhan’?” The doctor inquired.

“Uhhh deer running through field in springtime. Or like, I don’t know. My stomach feels weird and stuff so maybe it’s a type of gastrointestinal disease?”

The doctor laughed. “Is that it?”

“Uhm. Happiness? Yeah, that sounds about right. Is Luhan a synonym for happiness?”

The doctor shook his head. “Where did you learn this word?”

“This was the only thing I knew when I woke up.” Minseok explained.

“The nurse did say you whispered Luhan, which was how she realized you woke up.” The doctor hummed. “Well, I don’t really see anything wrong with you currently. Let’s just hope lots of rest and therapy will get you all better, ok?”

“Is there some sort of trigger that will make me remember things again?” Minseok asked.

“Well, that’s not how this works, but I guess it doesn’t hurt to try, Seokkie.” The doctor shrugged, not realizing the nickname that slipped out.

Minseok’s eyes widened at the nickname before his face molded into a frown. “Great! So… how do we go about this?” Minseok asked.

“I don’t know.” The doctor shrugged again. “Why don’t you start with suggesting something, anything. Say the first thing that comes to your mind.”

“Baozi.” Minseok blurted out, then frowned. What the ?

“Baozi.” The doctor had a weird look in his eyes as he stared intensely at Minseok. “You want Baozi.”

“Yes please.” Minseok smiled winningly.

The doctor blinked once. Then twice. “Ok… I can’t say I haven’t heard weirder requests so, sure. We’ll get you Baozis. Anything else?”

“I- uhhhh TVXQ?” Minseok’s next request came out more like a question. “Football? Manchester United?”

The doctor’s eyes narrowed suddenly, and Minseok’s grin widened.

“All right you little er, how long.”

“How long what?” Minseok asked cheekily.

“How long have you known?” The doctor leaned down till there was a little less than an inch of space separating the two.

“You called me Seokkie.” Minseok whispered.

 “So, trigger, huh?” The doctor’s breath fanning Minseok’s face, and he smiled as he smelt the telltale scent of peppermint mocha latte. Luhan’s favorite.

“Yeup. Trigger.” Minseok reached up and brushed the doctor’s bangs out of his face. “Now will you please kiss me Lu, because apparently I’ve been gone for two long weeks without it.”

Luhan grinned as he closed the gap between him and Minseok.

“Who said you haven’t been kissed for two weeks, Minseok?” Luhan asked a little later, when the two had come off their initial high of being “reunited”. “I’ve been kissing your pretty mouth every single day whenever I can”

“You’re such a Lu, I swear.” Minseok wrinkled his nose in mock disgust as Luhan reached over to flick it lovingly.

“Only because you’re a bigger one.” He smiled. “Oh, and here.” Luhan pulled out a ring from his pocket. “This is yours. I kept it so that no one could slip it off your finger while you were…asleep.” Luhan’s voice wavered at the end and his eyes shone with the promise of tears.

“You realize I still fell for you even though I didn’t know who you were?” Minseok turned over to look at Luhan who blinked away more tears.

“Yeah.” Luhan leaned down and press a swift kiss to Minseok’s lips. He felt his heart would burst from happiness.

“Then shouldn’t I get a reward or something for that?” Minseok asked, cutely.

“What kind of reward?” Luhan looked at Minseok who stared at his unblinkingly.

“Well,” Minseok began, “do you remember once when I told you that by the time I’m old, I want to compile a list of at least 50 things that I’m thankful for, or things that I’m really proud of?” Minseok asked.

“Yeah…?” Luhan motioned for Minseok to continue, not knowing where this was going.

“Well, meeting you would be the top of that list. Marrying you would be second” Minseok smiled sweetly.

“Awh, Seokkie!” Luhan choked up.

“And having in the hospital with you would be the third.” Minseok finished.

“But we haven’t…” Suddenly, all tears were gone and Luhan walked over to lock the door to Minseok’s room with a glint in his eyes. He pulled down the blinds and turned to the man waiting for him in bed. “I swear Kim Minseok, you’re the most perfect person I’ve ever met.”

“I know. That’s why we’re married right?”

“Right.” Luhan smiled before climbing into bed with the most precious human being in the world, shrugging off his white doctor’s coat. “That’s exactly why we got married.”

 

 

Much later, as Luhan was leaving the room, Minseok asked, "Hey, Lu? What happened to the guy who hit me?"

Luhan turned around with a devilish grin "I'll give you two scenarios and you can choose whichever one you like best."

"ok..."

"Scenario one: I castrated him"

"Lu..." Minseok warned.

"Scenario two: I asked to be his on call doctor."

Minseok closed his eyes and sighed heavily. "For his sake, scenario one it is."

-----------------------------------

A/N: I'm ready to fail life. All hail the Xiuhan. A ship I won't let sink. EVER! Also, I own nothing. And yeah...hope you enjoyed my sleepy drabble :))

Main inspiration is the video of the guy and his wife...you know? The one? Yeah, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

*admits self in mental hospital*