Incomplete

Status: Backstage

Hyoseok’s POV

 

 

The atmosphere is pretty light in the car, after what seems like a century.

The morning performance was good and after having worked our butts out lately, this was definitely the best reward.

 

Kyumin started singing along to a radio advertisement and I joined him, trying to imitate the movements of the respective TV commercial. Youngjun hyung is talking with our driver, Sungmin, laughing loudly every now and then, while Kwangyeon needed only a nudge to join me and the maknae.

I looked at Hanbyul, but –his head resting against the window and his sunglasses on- I assumed he must have fallen asleep.

 

It’s a hell of pain and sweat to pull off the promotion of Bad Boys and Music Note at the same time. I wasn’t ready for it. And while we have to look fresh and bright, I feel like falling apart. Youngjun hyung had warned us that we will be practicing non stop for this, but that’s what he always says, so I didn’t really take it seriously.

Well, I was an idiot.

I can’t really tell how the others feel. Kwangyeon is going with the flow. You have to work hard, he works hard; Time to relax and party? He relaxes and parties with you. And I can never realise whether he is tired or not. Kyumin has been sleeping on the floor a lot lately, so I can only guess that he must be tired. Youngjun is never tired. Or actually. He never shows it. He just erases all of his rest social life and when not practicing/ working he goes straight to bed, sometimes even without eating. Hanbyul. Byeol hyung is never the heart of the company. To most people’s -that don’t know him well- surprise, he isn’t very talkative in real life. That’s why talks with him are always fun. They aren’t something that happens all day long and always hide something interesting. Commonly, he needs to be in a mood. The previous week, it was a good one. This one though… Not so good. So, yeah, I think he’s tired.

 

I ain’t alone probably then. I just ended up being the only one protesting. Ooops.

Hehehe >.<

 

 

«My earphone was making some noises. It was so annoying.» Kwangyeon frowned and pouted.

«Mine too. It was the last shot to my nervousness.» Kyumin sounded really annoyed.

«If the result hadn’t been satisfying enough, I’d have protested a lot, I swear. It’s not fair to always have such problems.» Youngjun moved his head with determination and I hurried to agree.

«Yes, revolution! Like 1798!» I gestured intensely.

«1789, you dump.» Hanbyul’s voice was heard and he lifted his head from the window.

«It’s the same.» I sighed and was about to go on with my intense gesturing.

«It’s not the same at all.» he seemed to regain his lost energy, just to pick up on me.

«Shut up, that’s not the point anyways!» I yelled, about to laugh, Kyumin the same, while Kwangyeon returned his attention to Youngjun’s conversation with Sungmin.

«You’re so uneducated.» he tsk’d and moved his head with disapproval.

«Someone seems cranky…» Kyumin whistled with dissatisfaction.

I kept smirking and looked out of the window.

 

 

He is cranky.

And he thinks I don’t know why.

What a jerk.

 

Kyumin nudged me.

 

«Why are you laughing?» he wondered.

I had started laughing on my own, lol.

«Because he’s a dump, obviously!» Hanbyul huffed.

«Nothing, nothing. Remembered a joke.» I nodded, not looking at him.

 

He’s the dump!

Because I know his secret.

And he thinks that no one does.

 

I know he’s doing it with Jinah from Arirang.

She’s pretty, smart and fun. I like her company. And we’re kinda friends altogether.

No wonder why Hanbyul is into her.

But well, he must be considering me completely stupid, if he expected me not to notice how they look at each other every now and then, or how they disappear at the same time sooo, sooo often. And there is more than that. But I won’t get into details.

 

Are they dating? Just doing it? I have no idea. But there’s definitely something between those two.

I don’t ask him. Because he obviously wants to keep it a secret. I act like I don’t know anything.

I wonder what the others know though…

I suppose nothing.

I usually spend my «smoking time» with Hanbyul.

This is actually how we call the fact that we go out to smoke together. Youngjun hyung is joining us too sometimes, even though he’s a rarer smoker, in contrast with me and Byeol hyung.

Anyways, at this time, we relax and hang out about everything.

Or at least, I thought so.

 

He hasn’t ever mentioned anything about it. I mean, he’s talking sometimes about Jinah, but like he talks about everyone else. Nothing special or suspicious.

Yeah.

So, we return again to the option of just doing it.

Well, I have nothing to say about that. It sounds fun.

It must be fun, hehe.

 

The only part that annoys me is that he doesn’t want to share it with us, his best friends, and second that he thinks I’m stupid and that I don’t know him well enough.

 

I have some flirt experience.

I can distinguish it.

And these two are definitely more than flirting.

 

I’ll narrow him later on. Just to make some fun of him and his reactions.

 

The rest of our driving back home was in silence, as everyone fell asleep. I’m usually the first to sleep, but –today- I was feeling a weird tension and even if I was closing my eyes, my brain was working non- stop and I couldn’t relax. I don’t know what exactly was bothering me, I was thinking of everything and nothing at the same time.

The point is that when we arrived home, I was feeling totally pissed and tired.

 

Once upstairs, everyone fought for the line in front of the shower, but I just curled up on the sofa and closed my eyes, trying to finally get my sleep.

 

I heard Kyumin screaming at some certain moment; probably Hanbyul pushed him out of his line, or Youngjun hit him for trying to steal the others’ place.

«Shut up!!» I yelled and kicked one of the cushions, still my eyes closed.

I’m tempted to get up and join Kyumin’s torturing, but I feel totally worn out. I WANT AND HAVE TO SLEEP NOW!

«Oh, look at this sleeping beauty.» Hanbyul passed by and threw the cushion back on me.

I didn’t resist from laughing and kicked the cushion again with all my strength and –judging by an «ouch» that I heard- I must have hidden the target, even with my eyes closed.

After this light moment, I felt lighter myself and my mind had started taking off to the dream land, when my mobile rang.

 

I opened my eyes and frowned.

 

Who the hell is it now?!

 

I looked at the screen and felt even worse.

You…

I growled unconsciously and turned my mobile to face the table. I am not in the mood for it right now.

 

With a more negative, rather than light now mind, I finally managed to get some sleep, among the fighting and the giggles of the rest idiots. I was so tired that I don’t even remember now anything that happened in between of my various sleep phases.

I think that at some time, Youngjun hyung’s head was next to mine and he was asleep.

Somewhere in the middle again, hyung wasn’t there, but I heard Hanbyul saying something like: «He’s still sleeping», or so.  

Kyumin and Gomi were chilling on the other side of the sofa when I woke up for good.

 

The maknae looked at me and grinned.

 

«Finally, princess. I thought you were dead for a moment.»

I groaned and pushed him away with my feet.

«You’re so smart… Everyone knows that.» I rolled my eyes and laughed.

«I am. I am da best.» he said in his funny English and I giggled, sat up and pushed him a little, as we both started laughing.

I realised that someone, probably Kyumin, had covered me with a thin blanket. The sofa is close to the air conditioning, so- even if it is summer- it’s easy to catch a cold without realising it.

Aw. Cute.

As I was pushing him, I suddenly decided to hug him and it was his turn to make a grimace and push me away.

 

Youngjun hyung is playing the guitar as quietly as possible, while Kwangyeon is watching something on Hanbyul’s laptop and its owner is just staring blankly at somewhere.

 

Hmm. Something went really wrong today for this guy. The crack must have happened when Kyumin went out of the dressing room searching for him. I was about to laugh really hard when our manager wondered where Hanbyul is and Kyumin offered to go out and find him. I just thought of the moment that would be interrupted and laughter came naturally.

So, he must be thinking now of what he missed then.

 

«Your mobile rang a couple of times.» Kyumin said and I moved my shoulders.

«I am not interested for the time being.» I smiled coolly and  sat back again.

 

Hanbyul shifted nervously on his position, playing with his mobile in his hands.

 

«What’s wrong Hanbyul?» I raised an eyebrow, not able to hold a smirk in.

«Huh?» he looked at me indifferently, but when he noticed my expression, he coughed awkwardly.

«I said, is something wrong?» I made a huge effort not to laugh.

«No… What the hell, Hyoseok… I just… I’m thinking.» he looked away.

«Of whom?»

For a second he widened his eyes, but then controlled it.

«The right question is of what, you genius. And… I’m thinking… I’m thinking of the live.»

I started laughing loud, so loud, holding my tummy.

 

Youngjun stopped and looked at me, while Kwangyeon lifted his eyes also from the computer.

 

«I’ve told you not to consume expired dairy products.» Youngjun hyung sighed and this is when my laughter couldn’t be stopped in any way.

 

Hanbyul’s mobile beeped and he looked at it with greedy eyes and hasty hands.

 

He momentarily smirked and got up.

 

«I’m going.»

«Where?» me and Youngjun said at the same time.

«I have to check my parents’ apartment. Since they left for Australia again last week, I haven’t been there to close the shutters and lock everything up. Since we have the evening spare, I’m gonna do it now.» he smiled with a completely brand new energy and hurried to look at himself in the mirror.

 

The others looked dumbfounded at him, not getting a single thing, while I moved my shoulders.

Not suspicious at all, Hanbyul the dork.

 

 

 

 

Jinah’s POV

 

 

 I unlocked the door, while carrying the grocer’s bags with my other hand and my wallet with my teeth. I kicked it open and got in, about to collapse with this «great» balancing I had managed with all my stuff on me. My friend, Soeun, followed me, carrying for me the rest bags from the super market.

«… So, yeah, I won’t deny that however cheesy it may be sounding to you, I felt so nice that he told me that.» she concluded her long narration, that had started since the moment we met out of the super market.

 

I sighed deeply, almost spitted my wallet out on the sofa and hurried, blowing my bangs that were so annoyingly tickling my face, to the kitchen, leaving the bags carelessly on the kitchen table.

My fingers hurt me, these bags were too heavy. Maybe I should decide going to the shops to refuel the house with everything more often. Leaving alone is double- sided; it can make you either really responsible, or the exact opposite.

And I’m dangerously close to the second one.

 

«Look, Soeun, if it made you feel happy, you shouldn’t really bother for what I say or think.» I said, a little breathlessly, and started tidying the things in the fridge and cupboards. «We don’t view things in the same way, anyways.»

«Yes, I know… You are the realist and I am the dreamer… I sometimes wonder how we can actually stick together.» she smiled to herself, passing me the last two cartons of milk for the fridge.

The truth is that I’m about to have a diabetes if I hear more from Jihoon, Soeun’s boyfriend. They are having this lovey dovey relationship, with chocolates, flowers, dinners with candles, poems and unicorns and...

 Ugh.

I think I just actually got diabetes.

Too much sugar here.  

«This… is a completely different issue.» I smiled to my black haired friend. «Thank you for helping me with shopping and mainly carrying everything here.»

«No problem. You don’t need to say it every time. I’m happy to spend some time with you, when we both don’t work.»

 

I looked at a paper bag on the counter.

 

«Oh… And food! Soeun, I love you!» I clapped my hands and hugged her.

She hugged me back and laughed.

Chinese food, come to your hungry mama!!

 

«I’ll take the beers and the chopsticks, you go take a sit with the food in the living room.» I rushed her out of the kitchen and returned to my fridge.

 

Soeun has been my best friend since junior high school. She was the good student, I was the just average one, but we both loved reading books and listening to all kinds of music. We also had this movie/ cooking night, that I was going to her house or she was coming to mine and we were learning to cook something and then watch a movie, eating it.

I don’t want to recall how many times we ended up eating something that would be banned by the Ministry of Health. But, oh well, let’s say that this teen experience made us both good cooks. I can’t say though that I’m taking full advantage of this skill of mine, something probably already obvious to you, since we are currently about to eat bought from outside food.

When we finished school, Soeun managed to get into university, to study her beloved journalism, while I studied for one year on TV professions (technical stuff, a little of journalism and make up lessons also). I could have went on with something from all these, but I preferred to stick to the basic and find a job. I wanted to make money and get my own place; my house wasn’t always the best of places, mainly during and right after my parents’ divorce. As time went by things got better of course; living with my older brother, younger sister  and my mom wasn’t bad at all, but the desire to get out of the house, in which I had lived with so much stress and negative feelings in the past, never left me.

  I got two pairs of chopsticks and finally settled in the living room, sitting on the floor next to Soeun. She has turned the TV on to watch the recording of Music Bank. I exhaled happily and passed to her her noodle box.

 

«How’s Jinwoon oppa?» she asked me, already full of food.

 

I realised the change on her voice’s tone though.

 

«He was still alive, at least until the last time we talked.» I joked and she smiled. «He had difficulty in adjusting to the army life. But who hasn’t, right?» I ate a bite of my chicken and played with my chopsticks.

Jinwoon is my brother, 24 years old.

He enlisted in the army five months ago.

And Soeun and he were dating until last year.

Since we were 18, lol. Almost three years together. My brother suggested the breaking up, because he knew about the enlistment and he didn’t want to make her wait for him for two whole years.

I haven’t decided if this was too sensitive or too cowardly of him yet. What I am sure about is that Soeun was depressed after this, but accepted the whole thing with her head up. She had said that she should be happy that Jinwoon was caring so much for her, even if it had to be hard for a while. It wasn’t easier for Jinwoon either. I know he tried to hide it, but I eavesdropped on him sometimes when he was listening to sad music and I saw him crying. I wanted to rush in and slap him in the face, to make him realise that he didn’t need to do that. Something though was holding me back every time and I was just disappearing in my room again.

Even though it’s been almost a year since this happened… And Soeun started dating Jihoon three months ago… I sense that the thing between them isn’t yet over…

 I have my dilemmas as a good friend and a good sister though; should I remind the feeling to Soeun for my brother’s poor heart’s sake… Or never mention it so they both forget?

It’s none of my business, I guess…

 

But still.

 

«You should call him sometime, too.» I said, without looking at her.

I heard her sighing.

Uh-ho.

Bad move.

 

«I may do it… You know, Jinah, I don’t know if I have the emotional strength to do it. I’m also afraid that this would mean that I’m betraying Jihoon…» she looked sadly at the floor.

«Maybe this means something though. I mean, the fact that you are thinking of it like this. Why should it feel like betrayal for Jihoon, calling a friend..?»

«No, no. I don’t want to talk about this anymore. It’s pointless.» she moved her head intensely.

A long pause followed.

 

She can be very emotional, I don’t want to push her any more.

I just don’t and probably will never get this whole drama; you want to be with someone? Say it, do it, especially if you are sure that he/ she wants the same. We are given life to enjoy it to the full, whatever that means for each person. It’s stupid to waste things you want and need for such… ugh! Garbage reasons!

 

Aish, I don’t really get it. That’s why Jinah doesn’t need relationships and such stuff…

Actually… Well… I…

Nothing. Forget it.

 

«How was your day?» I asked to break the awkward silence.

«Ehm… Nothing much. I had two classes and afterwards I had to finish my article for Kang…» she rolled her eyes.

«Did she check it?» I raised an eyebrow.

«She would check everything tonight… She’ll kick my tomorrow and drive me crazy to fix it, or should I say rewrite it all over again, by the end of the week, which means in two days from tomorrow…»

 

Miss Kang is Soeun’s boss. My friend is already working for a famous online magazine, that is being planned to start being printed soon too. Her boss is a well known among her employees and not only. She’s extremely strict and unreasonably mean. From my point of view, as Soeun briefly and accidentally confessed in her words previously, it seems like she enjoys torturing and putting pressure on her employees, making them reach their limit of patience or even sanity.

But it’s Soeun’s job and –mainly- dream. She can’t but endure everything.

 

«Ugh, I really dislike this woman. She’s nuts and workaholic.» I frowned.

«The problem is tha she tries to make all of us the same though…» Soeun sighed and drank a little of her beer can. «Anyways, enough said for me. What about you? How was your day?»

It was my turn to sigh.

 

«Oh well… Concerning job, just tiring. We had Simply Kpop’s filming today, so too many guests to take care of, let the audience aside. And we had some quite big names invited… Ugh, it was very busy. Too busy… And Henry of Suju M was the MC today, like could the name get any huger? Doesn’t it sound like trouble already to you?»

«Oh yes, the audience must have been super excited. Hard to handle, my poor Jinah…» she pouted.

«I was backstage today, so didn’t need to directly face this situation. Only when the show ended and we had to make sure everyone’s safe exit from the studio… Other than that, I was just serving the idol- masters…» I chuckled and huffed.

 

«Backstage…» Soeun frowned.

 

A pair of two very familiar voices caught my attention on the TV.

Oh, the Apples.

Performing «Bad Boys» for Music Bank. It’s recorded, lol.

I –unconsciously- smiled slightly.

 

«Backstage.» Soeun said again, this time with a determined tone. «Was LEDApple there today, Jinah?» her voice sounded sarcastic now.

«Huh..?» I murmured.

The Apples are gorgeous in their colorful, manly, «Bad Boys» outfits. And Hanbyul is just so charming and naughty; just right for the song’s concept.

, I started thinking of him and our unfinished kissing again…

This is ridiculous.

 

«Jinah!!»

«Huh?»

«I’m asking you… Was LEDApple invited in Simply Kpop today?»

«Ah… Yes, of course.» I nodded and finally managed to get my eyes off of this innocence- ruiner.

«Aha. And did you serve them well, too? Or should I say him

I coughed, but didn’t bother much.

«I tried, but well… There was not enough time.» I grinned and Soeun blushed.

«Jeez, Jinah! This is insane and dangerous, how many times do I need to say it?»

«OK, I realise the dangerous part. But why insane?»

«Because… Because you can’t just go and with someone and claim that it’s just this! That… that you don’t feel something for him, that you don’t want something more from him!» she seemed like getting mad.

 

Ah… Blah blah. It’s the same every single time that we get to this issue. That’s why I avoid even mentioning it.

 

«Aish, Soeun… If I’m OK with this, what’s your problem? And besides, it’s not just with «someone». It’s with Hanbyul!»

«Huh, really? And what that exactly means then?»

I felt my nerves tensing and my mind dizzy.

«It means that we are having fun together, nothing more, nothing less. Why should I ruin that? We have achieved a balance and can combine it with enjoying ourselves, without any commitment. I don’t get your problem.»

«Then, here’s something that I always wanted to ask but never did: so, you are telling me that you wouldn’t mind seeing Hanbyul with another woman? Kissing her, hugging her? Or knowing that he’s doing it with her?» she got up and gestured intensely.

I thought of it for a while.

 

«No… I think I wouldn’t. Of course nothing like this hasn’t happened since this thing between us started… But yeah, I wouldn’t.» I moved my shoulders.

«See? Safe talking, Jinah. It hasn’t happened so far. Maybe this itself means something for this weird status you call «just having fun». Maybe there should be a status called «backstage», so you could pick it. And since there are no commitments and stuff between you two… How are you so sure that even now or yesterday or last week or whenever he wasn’t with another woman? He doesn’t owe to tell you. He is free to do whatever he wants, right?»

 

I felt uneasy with these words, I won’t deny it.

This is something that I had never thought actually.

But… I…

I mean. It doesn’t change anything.

 

«But I can do the same.» I grinned with confidence.

«Fine. Do it then. I’ll be waiting for the moment you’ll do it.» she crossed her arms on her chest.

I felt getting mad.

 

«That’s enough Soeun, I don’t want to talk about it any further! I don’t care about Hanbyul! I don’t care with whom he hangs out, kisses, hugs, s or whatever, because I get what I want, whenever I want and I’m fine with that!» I yelled more loudly than I expected, feeling my cheeks red.

She looked at me with a cold face and disappointed eyes.

 

«I didn’t expect you to ever be so shallow, Jinah…» she sighed and sat back down. «Or should I say lie to me and yourself?» she pierced me with her eyes again. «I can’t believe I didn’t realise earlier how badly your parents’ divorce hurt you and the way you see relationships…»

 

«Enough, Soeun. I can’t understand your sudden psychoanalytic mood for me and my habits. Let me sleep now!» I huffed and sat on the sofa, turning off the TV with an angry movement.

«But you didn’t finish your food…»

«I have no appetite!» I turned my back and rolled on the one side of the sofa, closing my eyes firmly.

 

Of course I couldn’t actually sleep, with such tensed nerves, but that was the best way to avoid going on with this convo, actually lecture. I felt Soeun later on lying on the other side of the sofa; she’s probably already feeling sorry for the yelling. She means what she says, but she always regrets quarrelling.

 

Maybe I fell asleep at some certain moment, or I was constantly about to, because I lost track of time after a while.

 

When I opened my eyes again the sun had set and it was almost dark. Soeun had the TV again and was watching a drama, eating the remnants of her food.

I growled and sat up, rubbing my eyes.

Soeun looked at me and smiled.

«Hey there, sleep head.»

«Hi… What time is it?»

«It’s… almost 8 o’clock.» she said after a short pause needed to check her watch.

«Oh jeez, time goes by quickly. I have to shower.»

«Your mobile rang previously.» she pointed hesitantly at it.

 

I took it in my hands with an indifferent look, but when I noticed the message, my heart started beating faster.

 

From: Jason idiot

«I feel kinda since the morning. I need ya. Come at my parents’ apartment as soon as you see this.»

 

He feels ?

What happened?

He must be just trying to fool me…

 

«Nice try, Jang poop…» I was typing, but an image crossed my mind.

I thought of Hanbyul lying somewhere, looking sweaty and sick and immediately deleted what I had written.

He might, MIGHT be telling the truth.

«Comin’ now.»  I finally typed and got up.

 

Change clothes? No, I don’t have time.

 

Soeun looked at me over her glasses.

«What happened?»

«Huh…? Ah, nothing… I just… I have to go somewhere for a while.» I murmured and headed for the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth, fixed my hair a little and wore my shoes, all ready to go.

 

I started looking for my mobile, until it appeared under my nose. I lifted my look slowly to face Soeun offering it to me.

 

«Give my greetings to Hanbyul. And I’ll lock the house myself after leaving.» she said, with a tone that definitely didn’t sound pleased, but sarcastic.

I nodded and felt blushing a little.

«I ain’t going to…»

«Yeah, whatever. Just go.» she said and opened the door for me.

 

I smiled to myself and gave her a kiss on the cheek as I was getting out of the house.

It wasn’t a bad idea to give a pair of keys to Soeun in the end.

 

 

Reader’s POV

 

 

Jinah got in the street feeling a mixture of satisfaction, but concern also. It was satisfying enough to finally get with Hanbyul, on such a day, that things hadn’t developed exactly as desired so far.

The concerned part was the one that she didn’t realise or didn’t want to realise.

 

She got in her car and started the engine, her expression indifferent, but definitely tired. With a deep breath, she whispered that there wouldn’t be any traffic and started her route.

 

She couldn’t see it happening to herself, but her parents’ divorce had influenced her deeply. It wasn’t the actual divorce but mainly its reason that had hurt her so badly; her father was cheating on her mother. And sadly it was her and her brother to first find out about it. They had suffered a lot and for a long time, wondering what they should do and if there was any point in trying to fix things between their parents. It was a too heavy secret to carry and the disappointment for their father was blocking any normal and calm moment in their lives. Their father hadn’t realised that they knew of course and they both had decided to leave their youngest sister completely out of it.

 One day before they had decided to talk to their mother, she came back home from her job with tearful eyes; it didn’t take much for the two kids to realise that their mom now knew. The divorce was a matter of time, even though their father tried to convince his family that «it was all a mistake» and that «all the matters is sticking with the loved ones, the real family». In vain.

  16 years old, Jinah lost all of her trust in her father and saw her mom getting hurt by the person she loved so much.

  A few months after the divorce, he father got married to his «mistake» and soon  had another child. He tried to keep in touch with his first family but the rejection was sweeping and the feelings completely negative.

  Jinwoon was deep inside a sensitive guy, so was their mom, and it took them a long time to get over this. The youngest sister, Jimin, was only 12 years old back then and hadn’t completely realised what had happened in their house (she actually never found out about the cheating part), so she slowly but gradually got used to the new situation. Jinah- instead- kept a lot of anger inside her and became introvert for quite a time. She broke up with her high school boyfriend and stopped going out much, staying close only with Soeun. She managed to get rid of this mood and attitude only when she finished school and had the chances to cut the bonds with the painful past.

  Having the radio to relax herself, she started murmuring along the song’s melody. She was that close to feel , but something was holding her back.

  It was a relatively calm street hour, so -in a matter of twenty minutes- she was turning on the right, in a familiar street. Because of the loud music, she didn’t immediately notice her mobile ringing. The screen, on which «Mister» had appeared, lightened up the dark passenger’s seat, catching her attention. She looked momentarily at the name and huffed intensely, turning it over to face the seat.

«Leave me alone…» she whispered angrily and breathed deeply to release her tension.

  The last thing she wanted now was to talk with her father.

  Things hadn’t improved much during the past five years; the communication was rare and even though the father was trying to be affectionate and caring, Jinah was still cold and distant.

 

  She parked her car at the empty spot of the parking lot, that she knew it belonged to Hanbyul’s parents, and got out in a higher speed than expected.

LEDApple’s dorm wasn’t far away.

Hanbyul should already be here.

 

She passed quietly by the porter, who- defeated by the summer heat- had fallen asleep on his chair, his head resting on his desk.

 She tapped her foot impatiently on the floor waiting for the elevator; her chest had started burning from anticipation. Anticipation for the moment she would hug him.

  Once on the 5th floor, she rushed towards the well known door and knocked on it with a shaky hand.

 

The door opened after a while and the room lied ahead dark and silent, but -familiar with everything- Jinah stepped in without further hesitation. 

 

 

 

 

From misschoi: Hi there~ ^^ FINALLY here XD kekeke, I'm sorry guys but I went through a ton of stressful and depressing situations, adding up my university exams. I feel much better tho now and I'm especially happy for my Apples' new start, even more now that I see that Kwangyeonnie and my baby star are still present and like a real family! :D This came out long but quite informative, so I cut the "spice" for the next chappie, which actually should be expected extremely soon~ I'm a bit nervous about it; first time writing something like this lol. Don't have too many expectations up for your authornim here... >.< Comments and opinions/ideas are always welcomed! Take care til next time! ^^