I was dreaming of you

Status: Backstage

I waited for a while hidden in the darkness.

Some people ran towards the hall that connects the dressing rooms with the stage, hurrying to fix some last details before the next artist is getting up on stage.

The next artist… Which happens to be LEDApple.

I breathed with relief once I found myself completely alone and I walked out of the room, holding a broom in my hands, just in case someone asked or saw me.

I met a mirror on the wall and looked at my broom- self, thinking how ridiculous I am like this. But I’ve been doing weird and ridiculous things quite often since I met LEDApple and especially Hanbyul.

 

I ended up in an empty room and left the stupid broom aside, sitting on a chair, releasing a tensed sigh I was holding in for a while now.

«Bad Boys» can be heard dimly from the boys’ performance on stage. It’s summer and it’s already hot.

My heart is still beating so fast from the kissing session.

It was intense. And I was ready for even better things. Until he had to go on stage.

But it has happened a lot of times so far. Makes sense, to be honest.

 

I started working for Arirang TV, hmm… Less than a year ago. It was approximately when LEDApple was promoting with «Let the Wind Blow». I’m only 22 years old, so my family was very surprised that I managed to get hired for such an important channel.

But, well. Huh. My job isn’t that important. I’m the girl for every job. Mainly make up and hair stuff for the various guests or hosts, but after this working time in here, I can help with some technical issues, too and, in times of despair, even with cleaning.

I had heard of LEDApple again, before I started working for Arirang. They were pretty famous during the «Someone Met By Chance» and «Time is Up» eras, but «Let the Wind Blow» had caused a different sensation, with no impressive result though, something unfortunately usual for LEDApple, as I came to realise shortly after.

The boys had appeared again in Arirang’s Simply Kpop, Hanbyul was the MC of the show back then, so I was just the newest and kind of numb over there, among all the guests and employees. It’s not easy for an average 22- year- old girl to spend all of a sudden her routine with some of the hottest celebrities that she used to watch only through TV.

Most of the idols are usually kind and quite easy going, but with LEDApple it was more than that from the very first moment.

We had unique chemistry, laughing and joking around, discussing the most lame, but also the most serious topics. We aren’t exactly friends, but we are honestly happy to see each other every single time.

Hanbyul…

Hanbyul is a different thing tho.

He is in the building at least twice in every week. Then for Simply Kpop, after a while for After School Club with Eric Nam.

He is naturally very social, funny; he gains everyone’s attention with very little effort.

And he is really entertaining when he doesn’t manage it with some people, because, then, he just starts to act silly.

And when you know him well, you just sit back and enjoy the sight of him trying to convince the skeptical ones.

 

I don’t know if I exactly liked him from the very first moment. We had the funny habit to try to prove to each other that we are the smartest. Insane dialogues really. Kyumin was the one that had caught my eye and my heart and we would have great fun whenever the chance was given. My colleagues were looking at me curiously quite often, wondering why I didn’t try to be closer to the more famous artists and instead I was sticking with LEDApple, whenever they were invited.

Hard to say. Chemistry is a weird thing to be explained.

 

I looked at myself in the mirror in front of me and sighed.

The last dye I used to make my head brunette, made my hair dry. So annoying. It was the last shot that led me to the decision not to dye my hair again.

 

Hanbyul.

I was so shy around him at first. He has that weird thing, as if he is in a constant flirty mood and every line has to keep you on- guard. Even the way he speaks is somehow imposing, a color that is keeping your attention on him.

I left my head drop backwards, trying to relax my still tensed body.

My cheeks are still burning from the way he held my face.

But that’s what he did the first time too.

Our first time.

 

 

December 2013

 

The filming of Simply Kpop had just wrapped up and I hurried to get Hanbyul’s cards and the microphones from a couple of fans.

I had just returned from a sick leave and had been absent for about 10 days, because the flu had literally killed me.

Still, after a moment, my recovery was really quick and that day I was feeling very happy to be back to work.

 

«Hey there.» I smiled at Hanbyul and he let out a funny «Hey» along with an exclamation.

«Where have you been?» he followed me, as I got the microphones from the fans and said good bye to them.

«Oh… I was sick with the flu.» I picked up a pair of gloves that was on the floor and waved to the last fans that were in the studio.

«Oh, damn it. Are you OK now?»

«All alive and kicking, as you can see…» I grinned, enjoying the fact that he was following me and I was acting busy.

Any interaction with him has something intriguing anyways.

 

«How have you been? How are the boys?» I asked, after an awkward silence had followed.

«I am good. The boys are good also. We all have been busy with Music Note…» he played with his fingers.

«Ah, yeah, I noticed that. It was a brilliant idea. And you are all pulling it off greatly really.» I smiled with honesty and he looked right back at me in the eye, smiling too.

«Thanks. It means a lot to hear it from people like you.»

 

I wondered what he meant with that «like you», but it became noisy as the technicians exited the studio and my attention was distracted.

«Hey Jinah, are you locking the back door?» one of them looked back at me.

«Yeah, I have gathered everything else, don’t worry.» I waved the keys in front of me and gave him a thumbs up.

He nodded and turned off the big lights of the studio.

 

«Hanbyul, are you coming for a beer maybe?» he put his head inside again.

«No, no. Thanks. I have long practice tonight.» Hanbyul moved his hand and the company finally moved out of the room.

 

Only the logo of the show was and the lights of the studio’s Christmas tree, giving a warm and colorful light in the studio.

 

«I have to lock everything now in here…» I sighed and was about to move on, but Hanbyul’s voice stopped me.

«I asked about you around, but it seems like you don’t have friends here.»

I stopped, but didn’t turn to look at him.

«That’s true.» I smirked to myself mostly.

«We are similar in that. I have no friends either.»

«Yeah, right.» I rolled my eyes and was about to move on.

«No joke.»

«Why were you asking about me around?» I finally turned to look at him, with a sincerely curious look.

«I have been dreaming of you since you stopped coming to work.» he smiled and made a step foreword.

My heart started beating faster and faster.

What the heck was this guy trying to do?

And -most of all- why was it working perfectly on me?!

 

«Knock it off, Hanbyul…» I rolled my eyes, trying to act cool.

He giggled.

«You never believe me, do you?» he moved further and stood right in front of me.

I breathed nervously and looked at him in the eyes again. I thought that I definitely had to win this nerve- game.

«You like showing off and that may hide a lot of lies…» I replied, not lowering my eyes.

He sighed with a tone of disappointment.

«I thought you had started understanding me more than the others.»

«I- I am not sure what I do with you and your blur personality.» I said, my voice cracking for the first time.

«Can’t we somehow… clear it out?» he whispered, bending next to my ear.

I had felt then that something like electricity had crossed my whole body.

A second later Hanbyul capped my cheeks roughly and kissed my lips passionately. So passionately, that I was that close to get scared.

Still, my hands moved on their own and hugged his waist tightly.

A part of my mind was screaming «WTF are you doing there?!», but every else part of myself was shouting out «Yes!».

I can’t even realize now for how long we kissed like that, until he broke the kiss and dropped his head next to my ear again.

We both tried to catch our breaths and I felt his, heavy and very warm, on my neck.

«Dreaming of me… sounded more romantic than this…» I said, still trying to fill my lungs with air.

«I never said what exactly I dreamt of…» he smirked and pushed towards the back door.

I felt blushing even more, as we found ourselves in a small dressing room.

«Hanbyul… Stop…» I said, as I felt my neck being kissed.

«Why now…?» he murmured and hugged me even tighter.

«Sto-…» I was about to say again, but as his hand went somewhere lower (my senses had gone completely numb), all of my resistance disappeared.

Everything was so intense and full of an unexpected lust, that I barely remember anything anymore.

My exact memories return, with a still breathless Hanbyul pulling himself upwards and giving me a hand also.

I got up and dusted my jeans, still feeling dizzy of the speed and the emotion that everything had happened. Hanbyul seemed quite OK. He fixed his blonde hair clumsily, a happy expression on his face.

«That was weird.» I only said and fixed my blouse and then hair.

«It was better than in my dream.» he smiled with impressive calmness. «But, to be honest, I expected that this would be your first time.»

I chuckled.

«Wishful thinking, lol.» I rolled my eyes.

«Don’t make it sound so experienced… Because you aren’t THAT experienced.» he smirked and hugged me again.

«I think we have to go.» I sighed and didn’t look at him.

«Hey, hey. Wasn’t it fun?» he held my chin.

«Whatever.» I moved my shoulders and pulled away from his hug.

«OK, whatever. I’ll keep on dreaming of the next time then.» he smiled with his so well- known confidence.

I opened the door and turned my head just a little.

«Yeah, dream on.» I smirked and got out of the room quickly.

 

 

I snapped out of my thoughts too suddenly and massaged my temples.

 

It’s almost hilarious to remember how this thing with Hanbyul started.

Because it happened once, twice, three times, four, five and after a while I just got lost in the counting. We even quitted looking for explanations or excuses or whatever.

It’s nothing more than doing it.

Literally anywhere and whenever we can.

It’s something that can’t be controlled or stopped. We just need it and do it, don’t even ask anymore.

Of course, that’s a secret. A secret from anyone.

«Anyone»… Well. Only my best friend knows about it.

But she’s too romantic to understand. She doesn’t even want to discuss about it, because it sounds too insane for her romantic sense and mind.

But there’s nothing to discuss after all.

I ain’t friends with anyone from the channel, so we aren’t in danger from that part.

If he is in his right mind, he hasn’t said anything to LEDApple.

Not that I would worry for them, but you never know. The fewer people, the best.

 

Aish, I feel kinda bitter now. And this summer is so hot.

 

Loud talks and laughs were heard from the hall again and I immediately got up and grabbed the broom again in my hands.

LEDApple finished with their performance…

 Youngjun passed and moved his hand, same did Kwangyeon and Hyoseok, waving cutely. Kyumin jumped a little in front of the door, grinning happily, until their manager passed next to him and pulled him from his arm.

 

I laughed and tucked my hair behind my ear.

 

Last, Hanbyul and their make up artist passed by.

The girl waved at me happily.

He looked at me, as if he didn’t expect to see me there, but overcoming his surprise, he just made his look meaningful and smiled, pointing discreetly at my still red cheeks.

 

«See you next time, Jinaaah!» his voice got lost, as he was walking away.

I remained blank for a few seconds and scratched my head with my empty hand.

 

What an he can be.

 

Move on, Jinah. You’ve got work to do.

And definitely not with that stupid broom! 

 

 

 

From misschoi: Hey yooo, I don't even know why I started this fic XD Maybe because I can't live without a Byeol fic bothering me >.< That was just a first glimpse! Thank you so much for your in advance support, guys, I was really REALLY surprised! Thank you SO much! Hope it won't let down your expectations... :3 Again, I don't promise for the updates XD Take care~ :*