Chapter 3: A journey that starts something new...

My crush is a Jerk

 

Trying not to snicker, Junhoe grabbed the hot pink Hello Kitty suitcase and carried it to the trunk of the SUV. “Really? Hello Kitty? Does she really intend to carry this into her dorm?”, the thought of seeing an 18 year old pulling along a suitcase like this was enough to make him burst out laughing. Turning to hide his grinning face from her, but it was too late, he could see her staring daggers at him.

What an idiot, could he really have made it more obvious that he was laughing at my bag... Ugh, just thinking that I have to spend the rest of my day with him makes my blood pressure rise dangerously.” Eun-Ji grabbed her handbag and walked to the car door, jumping in and slamming it shut, it would have been nice to ride shotgun but her mother had already claimed that seat, so she was forced to sit next to this jerk for the rest of the day. “It’d be best if I just kept my head turned towards the car window... ah, but I’d get a neck cramp. What to do?” she thought.

Junhoe turned to watch her as she uncomfortably kept her head facing towards the window. She probably hated him, which is understandable considering the situation they had been in last year. He’d never meant for things to turn out that way, infact he never wanted her to be hurt but somehow he just ended up being dragged along, not knowing what to do... And in the end not being able to comfort her. It was best not to think about or try to explain things to her, opening old wounds would make it even longer to forget. Not to mention he had been a that day she banged her head in class, to be fair it was really funny and he didn’t realise that he was laughing that loud. Since she was the only thing worth looking at in the car, he couldn’t help but notice her slim, toned legs, even though they were short, the tight denim shorts she wore made them seem longer. She did have nice legs, that much he would admit... ”Might as well continuing inspecting the rest of her...” his eyes drifted up to her white tank top which clung tightly to her body, highlighting her large s, “Mmmmm, I could stare at those all da-“,

“What do you think you’re doing?” Eun-Ji asked, giving Junhoe a hard slap against his shoulder.

“Yah! That hurt!” he shouted as he grabbed his arm.

“Er, of course it would hurt, what would be the point of hitting you if it didn’t cause you physical pain.” She retorted.

“What are the two of you doing in the back? Keep it down will you, we haven’t even been driving for an hour.” Shouted Junhoe’s mother from the front, while Eun-Ji’s mother gave her a glare which seemed to be saying that she needed to keep her manners intact.

Turning back towards Junhoe, Eun-Ji mouthed the word ert to him. As expected from Junhoe, he stuck his tongue out at her, displaying his level of maturity.

“Goodness, what do girls see in you?.”

“Wanna come find out?” he moved his head closer to her, lifting up his eyebrow, giving her his best playboy look.

“Ewwww! Wow, you are just on another level of erted.” She spat out at him.

Deciding he had tortured her enough, Junhoe tried to initiate a normal conversation between them.

“So I heard you’re doing Mech Engineering too? That’s a bit different”

“Why? Are you surprised?”

“Since it’s you, I don’t think I could be surprised...” he said with a smirk.

“What’s that supposed to mean? Are you implying I’m some kind of nerd?”

“If the shoe fits...”

“Wouldn’t that make you one too? You’re taking the same classes as I am.” Eun-Ji said, giving him her best you’re-a- smile.

“Actually no, even though I am smart, I’m pretty popular too. So it’s a bit different in my case. Well, I couldn’t expect you to understand since you’ve never had that type of lifestyle.”

“Wow. Really, there’s no more doubt left for me to think you’re not a jerk.”

Eun-Ji grabbed her phone out of her bag and texted her best friend, trying to keep her hands and mind busy. If she could avoid having to talk to him for the rest of the trip, it might be even less painful for the both of them. Might as well listen to some music... she thought as she plugged in her earphones.

---------------------------------------------------------

Junhoe had fallen asleep after his conversation (more like dissing competition) he had with Eun-Ji, and when he opened his eyes again he realised that he had been sleeping for quite some time. So long in fact that they were 30 minutes away from their campus.

“Ah, Junhoe! You’re awake. We’re almost there, make sure you have all your things in the car. Don’t forget anything. Umma won’t be making this drive back again for awhile.” Said Junhoe’s mother from behind the steering wheel.”

When they finally arrived in the parking lot, there were parents and excited college kids everywhere.

“There’s my dorm!” he heard Eun-Ji sqeauk next to him. He turned to look in the direction she pointed, which was towards a large brickface building with a yellow door way. “How girly” he thought, “maybe her hello kitty bag won’t seem so out of place here.” As he turned his face away, he saw another dorm which turned out to be his own. So they were pretty close to one another, actually.

Grabbing his things out of the trunk, he said his last goodbyes to his mother and Eun-Ji’s mother, thanking them for bringing him here. It was awkward having Eun-Ji there as well, should he say bye? For some reason, he was feeling a bit nervous after their conversation earlier.

“Well, I guess I’ll see you later then hey, since we’re next to one another we’ll probably run into each other everyday and in class.”

“Yeah, see you later then...”

As Junhoe stood infront of his dorm room, he made sure that he had the right number. “30? This is it... I wonder what’s behind this door... Probably the smell of freedom and new beginnings.

Unfortunately, reality was a bit less charming than what he thought. As soon as he opened the door, he was greeted by a half boy, prancing around in nothing but a baggy shorts, his pale chest contrasted to his black clothing. The guy turned around, a friendly smile spread all over his face as he greeted his new room mate.

“You must be Junhoe,” he said as he slid across the floor towards him, stopping just shy of knocking Junhoe off his feet, “I’m Bobby! Nice to meet you.”

What a goofball,” thought Junhoe, yet he had a feeling that he would become very good friends with this awkward looking boy.

------------------------------------

, , !” was the first thing Eun-Ji thought as she dragged her bag across the parking lot, towards her dorm, “! Why didn’t I take another bag? I should have known that if June was laughing that everyone else would too. Damn hello kitty.

In retrospect, Eun-Ji should have listened to Junhoe’s advice (even if it came in the form of snickering), this bag was not appropriate, and she was feeling embarrassed by the time she got to her room. Thankfully, she didn’t have to share with anyone, and that was a small bit of comfort she could look forward to. She flopped herself down onto the bare mattress in the room, thinking of her drive all the way here, spending the day with him wasn’t as bad as she had imagined, but mostly because both of them had been passed out for much of the trip on their way here. Still, it could have been more painful. She couldn’t help thinking about how he had brought his face closer to hers, giving her a smile that would cause ovaries to explode everywhere.

“Dammit, why? Now I can’t get him out of my mind!” She screamed at no one in particular. The emptiness of the room causing her voice to echo a bit.

Enough of this! I have to get my things ready, classes start in a few days and I might as well prepare now. I don’t have time to think about nonsense.

Suddenly distracted from her thoughts by a knock on the door, she jumped up onto her feet.

Omo, who could it be? June? Is he looking for me already? No wait, that doesn’t even make sense.

She walked over to the door and was greeted by the smiling face of a girl.

“Hi there! I saw you coming in, I’m in charge of the dorms on this floor.”

“Oh hi! Nice to meet you.”

“We’re having a party tonight, everyone who lives on campus is invited. You should definitely come.” She said excitedly as she handed Eun-Ji a pamphlet.

“Oh wow, thanks!”

“Great. Hope to see you there tonight.”

Mmmmm, this seems interesting... I should probably go, seeing as I don’t have friends yet. Does this mean June will be there too?

She walked over to the boxes stacked inside of her room, rummaging through them to check for an outfit... Something tight and revealing would work well! And her mother wasn’t there to stop her either. A smile spread across her face... Ah, is this what freedom feels like?

----------------------------

Eun-Ji walked over to the table, grabbing a red cup filled with some kind of alchoholic poisonous concoction. One cup is enough, she thought, I could just prance around with it all night. Taking a sip of the drink, she stood next to the table, staring at the large open field filled with equally awkward, lonely people scattered in between. So I’m not the only lonely one here.

Grabbing onto her skirt, she tried to pull it down a bit, it’s a bit too late to regret wearing something this short and tight. Well, she must admit she did look good, but that’s only because of all the glances she had been getting since she arrived here. She looked around as she walked through the area, ahhhh I’m so bored... Nobody to talk to here. Then she saw Junhoe, as usual, he was surrounded with girls and seemed to be having a good time. How did he make friends that easily? He had that cocky smile plastered on his face but he somehow still looked charming. She was sure he was busy getting their numbers now. The thought made her feel even worse.

Well, it would be too awkward to go over and talk to him now...

Yet inside, for some reason, that was the only thing she wanted to do right now.

****************************************************

Wow, thanks to everyone that subbed to my story. I started on this chapter quite some time ago but didn’t get to finish it yet... I had major writers block!!!! I hope you all enjoy it though, I’ll work hard on the next one! Comment if there’s anything you’d like to see happening between Eun-Ji and Junhoe in the next chapter. Things will definitely pick up pace after this. I am however trying to make this a really long series so I don’t want everything to happen TOO fast. Anyway, thanks for the subs and comments!