Chapter VII.

Project Bloodlines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A small smile slowly forms on the older Halfling’s face before she shifts her attention to the vampire princess. “Don’t let her out of my sight or me and my friends will attack you.” Jessica nods as she approaches the child.

 

“Soojung,” Jessica kneels down to level herself with the girl. Soojung’s brown eyes meet crimson ones. The little Halfling blinks, vision taking in the alluring red orbs that intrigued her. “I’m sorry for what I did earlier. Are you all right?” The child nods innocently, eyes still lost into Jessica’s warm gaze.

 

Sooyeon and her companions watch in silence as the interaction between her younger sister and Jessica unfolds. Krystal’s lips pursed in a smile before she shifts her attention to the older Halfling. “Let me treat that for you.” She suggests as she gestures towards Sooyeon’s wounded shoulder, earning her the Halfling’s attention.

 

The Halfling turns to meet dark red eyes. “Please,” Krystal implores, concern written all over her face. “I’m sorry for causing that to you. I would like to make it up for you, if you’d let me.” Sooyeon remains mum. Mouth opens to give her response, but Taeyeon’s words cut her off. “Sooyeon, let her. We cannot go back to the village to have you treated. Your father might not allow you to go out anymore if you do and we cannot travel if you’re injury is holding you back.”

 

A grunt escapes Sooyeon’s lips. She faces Taeyeon and looks at the Skinwalker in the eyes before she turns her attention to the youngest vampire. “Fine. I concede to your offer.” A fanged smile graces Krystal’s lips as she removes her cloak from her person and spreads it on the ground before the Halfling. She then motions for Sooyeon to sit on the ebon cloak to which the Chief’s daughter complies without a word. Krystal kneels beside Sooyeon, inspecting the blood-soaked coat covering Sooyeon’s injured right shoulder.

 

“Your blood has dried and has clung to your coat.” Krystal points out as she lifts a hand to touch the wounded area, the falling snowflakes gathering in her outstretched hand. “I will need to soak it with ice water. You will feel the cold, but please endure it.” Sooyeon nods, head turning to see what the vampire is going to do. The ice hovering on Krystal’s hand melt on their own before they settle on the Halfling’s crimson-stained coat, soaking the garment. “Now, please, remove your coat and open your garb beneath it so that I can inspect the wound better.” Sooyeon’s eyes widen upon hearing the instruction.

 

“What?” Sooyeon clarifies, “But, I-I, it’s cold.” She attempts an excuse, afraid of baring herself before a lot of people. She looks to see her mother exposing a bare arm and a leg, noting that the elder Skinwalker only had gashes and bruises on her arms and legs unlike her. She then turns to Krystal, who only stares back at her intently.

 

“You can ask someone to keep you warm while I treat you.” Krystal advises her. “We cann

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter