final

pieces

when did we stop becoming frank?;
no longer being able to understand each other.

 


the slam of the door echoed through the room. luhan froze, he stood still.
all hopes he had had for years just shattered into small pieces. the cause? it was sehun. 

he had left luhan less than a minute ago. no wonder, luhan thought. sehun's confused behavior was something luhan was long conscious of. 

luhan remembered the younger's words. “i give up, luhan. i can't do any of this anymore. i've been strong for way too long.” 

sehun had been depressed since luhan knows. but he fell in love with the younger male nevertheless. he was too blind to see what's been hidden behind the smiles, too blind to realize that his world (sehun) was fading away.  

it took sehun forever to realize that he hasn't felt anything for luhan. the i love you's were just forced and he lacked in courage to finally admit it to luhan.

but today, he did. he must have gained strength, luhan thought.

sometimes, luhan likes to think that sehun had liked him all along and that he tried. these thoughts were his hopes though. 

whenever he saw sehun, he had a heart fluttering feeling that can't be expressed with words. sadly, he was unaware that the younger had felt none of that, ever.

sehun had said bye to vague things before he could, completely clueless that all the memories caved in luhan, while luhan had expected sehun to pick up his broken pieces. though, they both tried to find the key of how love works.

sehun decided to find the things he's lost during his relationship with luhan. but it was very unlikely for luhan to do that, he was still waiting for a miracle to happen.

luhan had always been beyond inquisitive about sehun's day, sehun's life. and sehun.. well, he had always been hiding his carelessness behind a smiling, caring and loving mask.

and somehow, luhan regretted to ever have laid a finger on sehun. he was in too deep before he even knew it. but it's not like a person who's in love cares much about that.

luhan's sure sehun had left footprints on his heart that didn't vanish too quickly. and luhan wished they would.

 


sehun took a deep breath. on the tip of his nose was the familiar smell of luhan's hair, he hoped for it to become unfamiliar soon.

the cruel world laughed at him for not understanding what it means to be in a relationship. and he felt as if the wind was hitting him for being so incredibly dumb, not being able to see light even with his eyes opened.

in his mind, he saw luhan's small frame disappear into thin air, into a road sehun wasn't able to trace back.

he parted his lips, his words barely a whisper. “if i were him, i wouldn't cry over someone like me.”

because he knew nobody loved him. and luhan was nobody.