1 ☂

Infatuation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hakyeon instantly rushed to his room the moment he came home from University. He chucked his bag in the nearest corner and flopped down on his bed with a deep sigh. He was currently in his last year of Psychology at the Seoul National University and was one of the most loved and top students. And even though he is trained to practically study human behaviour, he felt sad, awful and confused that he couldn’t even figure out his own. He didn’t know what to do anymore.

To the outside world, he was a cheerful, outgoing, bright and affectionate person but deep inside, he felt restless, doubtful, confused and even lonely at times. All these feelings even multiplied by ten when he was all by himself.

Hakyeon’s mind was caught in-between two choices as he was lying in bed, staring wordlessly at the ceiling: telling his parents about his feelings and about being who he thought he was or keep torturing himself by not doing so. He has been struggling with these strange feelings that he would get towards guys for some time now and he didn’t know how to handle it. It’s not that his parents weren’t really open-minded, but he simply didn’t know how to bring it up. He could hardly admit it to himself, so how would he be able to even say it out loud to the people he loves the most?

Afraid that they would be angry, sad and disappointed that they apparently didn’t raise him as the son they wanted him to be. He didn’t want to bring his parents down; more than anything he wanted them to be proud of him. Would they still be if they knew he was different? Why couldn’t he just be like everyone else?

What if he would lose all of his friends? That was one of the things that worried him the most. At the darkest moments, the mere thought of his parents disowning him even crossed his mind. He sniffed and balled his fists in the white bed sheets, trying to hold back the tears that were about to roll down his hot cheeks. Being so pondered,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter