We Meant For Each Other

Key of Heart

 

Wind blew through the music room from the opened window. A soothing melody came out from an old piano. This melody that I played on the piano went out smoothly, a melody that popped out from my head suddenly. While he was waiting for me, he wrote something on the paper, something that I don’t know. He went deep inside his own mind, I can see his charming smile from his innocent face. One by one, they went out from the classroom, leaving only me and him. I’d like to say hello to him but I have no courage to do so. I’d like to go out from this classroom but I’ve been waiting for this moment since a long time ago. Finally, I gathered my courage and went straightly to him, Lee Dong Hae.

 

I asked him, ”Donghae-sshi?”

He immediately closed his paper, he hid something from me.

 ”What’s that?”

”Nothing,” he said and then showed me the sweetest smile I've ever seen in my life.

 

I tried to reach that paper that he hid from me. I’m curious, I really am.
He covered his paper from me, I tried to peek but I failed. As a children, I won't give up; I still tried to grab that paper from him and yeah, I got it. ‘Key Of Heart’, it was written there. My name was written on that paper.
It is a song that he composed for me. I smiled brightly, his face turned red, embarrassed.

 

I immediately run into that old piano again, tried to play that song. Dang, the melody of this song strucked me right away, it is sweet and lovely. The lyrics are amazing, I can relate.

Looking for the word
Just a simple word
To open up closing door of your heart
But it's hard to say for me I'm sorry
I don't loose my faith
I don't loose my nerve
Let me go to see you to say the word
Not to be afraid to face the fear
Is the key of heart

I looked at him, he slept on the chair with a smile.

I woke him up when I decided to go back home. He accompanied me on my way home although his house is quite far from mine.

 

After 15 minutes of walking together, I feel tired. We decided to stop by and conversed with each other for a while. He didn’t talk much but he kept smiling. A smile so precious that it can’t be described with any words. He took out something from his pocket suddenly, a heart necklace, he gave it to me and suddenly he took another necklace out from his pocket too.

 

“This one is mine and that one is yours.”

“A couple necklace?” I asked. He nodded. I was so happy that I can’t stop smiling on my way home. When we decided to continue our journey back, he took my hand, he held it tightly.

 

Not long after that day, we graduated from school.
Flash of memories from the first time when we met each other filled my mind…

 

"It’s snowing that day. I ran quickly to the school late for the entrance test. Suddenly, I tripped over a small rock. My clothes are all wet and everyone only passed me by and did nothing. I don’t feel like standing up again, it was too embarassing; maybe I should just wait for somebody to help me stand up. My hopes were all gone; I can’t attend the entrance test. It’s too hard for me to stand up; I lost all of my energies. My body was stiff at that freezing day until someone named Lee Dong Hae came and helped me up. I never thought that I would fall for him this much, my savior.”

 

I didn’t realize that my feelings went deeper and deeper.

 

“Hurry up! It will be your turn right after this,” someone shouted

“I get it, I’ll try to give my best.”

”Of course you need to do your best, you’re an international singer now. You’re BoA, the superstar,” that guy said, I smiled.

 

”Where is Dong Hae? Why doesn’t he show up? He usually come to support my performance,” I tried to call him several times but he didn’t pick up his phone.

 

”Alright. 3,2,1.Go!"

 

I went out to the stage, everyone shouted for me cheerfully. I sang 2 songs already but why can’t I spot Dong Hae here... Where is he?

 

---

”Oh dang, I’m late! BoA must have been waiting for me. I hope she will love this bouquet of flower,” Donghae said.

 

Dong Hae immediately put his helmet on and drove his motorcycle. He doesn’t care about anything else except for BoA. He accelerated his motorcycle, it almost reached the maximum speed. He looked at his watch several times.

 

On the intersection, suddenly a car appeared in front of him and ’boom’, it crashed into Dong Hae’s motorcycle. A large explosion happened.

Dong Hae’s body was thrown away quite far from the incident but it can’t be helped anymore. He’s dying, waiting for someone’s help. He collapsed and unrecognizable.

 

BoA’s performance went out successfully, everyone congratulated her cheerfully. Everyone is happy but her, she has a bad feeling. ”Something is not right, Dong Hae still hasn’t come.”

 

Since that time, Dong Hae never show up again in front of BoA. BoA tried to look for Dong Hae everywhere but he is nowhere to be found.

 

A professor was analyzing something in his own laboratory. Making an experiment that is impossible for any other professors but he keeps trying. An experiment to replace human’s body with a robot’s body. Basically, a robot with a heart. He never tried to give up, he worked overnight everyday and fell asleep next to that robot’s body.

 

One day, when the professor wake up from his sleep, a figure sat in front of him. His human-robot can move by his own. A newborn Lee Dong Hae with a body from porcelain sat in front of the professor. He looks like a robot now but he’s still the old Lee Dong Hae.

 

He was given a room in the laboratory from the professor. He’s different now but he’s still Lee Dong Hae.

 

Lee Dong Hae woke up from his sleep, he was a little bit unconscious. His head hurts badly, he hold his head and he can feel his new head. He looked at his hands, he cannot even believe his sight anymore. A body without a skin, a body made from porcelain. ””What happened to me? What happened to my body? What am I actually? What creature am I now? I only remember that I slept for a while and when I woke up, I’m different.” He ran to the nearest mirror and surprised once again with his sight. ” I am not who I am.”