Final

A Day Together

a/n: hiii so i wrote my first fic (in between classes lol) i think you will like this best if you want to read a selu oneshot that is pure fluff. enjoy~ [photo ctto]

 

"Luhan." Sehun says as he knocks on Luhan's door.

Sehun is just wearing boxers and an oversized shirt when he came to Luhan's unit. He has done this a lot of times already since their units are next to each other. He doesn't know why but he woke up super early this morning so he decided to go to his hyung instead.

"Luhan, come on, wake up."

Luhan woke up to Sehun's knocks which are getting louder every second. He squints at his digital clock to see 6 AM being flashed in big, red characters. "Go away." Luhan says in a muffled voice.

He refuses to stand up but the knocking sound is starting to get under his skin so he gets up unwillingly and opens the door for the person behind it.

Once opened, Sehun immediately enters while shivering. "What do you want?" Luhan says groggily, as he follows Sehun who is going straight to his bed. "Hey, that's my bed. Go to the couch and sleep there instead." Luhan half yawns, half whines after seeing Sehun flop down onto his bed. 

Luhan hates it when other people touch his bed, but the rule doesn't apply when it comes to his boyfriend.

"Come here, hyung. It's cold outside. Let's cuddle for a while."

Luhan groans but then complies with the younger. He lies down on his side, facing him, glad to be back on his bed and glad that Sehun is there to keep him warm. Sehun covers the both of them using Luhan's blanket before putting his arm around his hyung and the next thing he knows, Luhan is fast asleep again.

"I said we'd cuddle, not you going back to sleep." Sehun laughs to himself. 

While Luhan sleeps more, Sehun takes time to adore the beauty in front of him. "He looks so innocent and peaceful when he's asleep." Sehun chuckles.

Luhan's flawless white skin, his long eye lashes, his pretty eyes that shine, his cute nose and his pink, plump lips, how can Sehun not fall in love with this work of art in front of him.

Minutes passed before it dawned on Sehun that he has been staring at Luhan's lips for a while now. The urge to kiss him right at that moment is so strong. He slowly closes the gap between them but before he could do so, Luhan turns around unconsciously, neglecting the possibility of a kiss. Sehun must admit, he is a bit frustrated by what happened. Darn it, I was so close!

Forgetting what had happened, Sehun hugs Luhan from the back and whispers to his ear, "I'll wake you up after I cook breakfast, okay?" He stayed like that for a few more seconds, then finally got up and cooked their breakfast.

 

As promised, Sehun wakes Luhan up gently and levels his face with his hyung's. "Luhan, wake up. Breakfast is ready." Luhan wakes up after some time and blinks at Sehun. "Hmm?"

"Come on, hyung. Let's go out today. I know it's cold but still. We rarely get to have free days like this."

"Okay." Luhan gets up but since he's still too sleepy to open his eyes wide, Sehun is obliged to guide him to the table. He pulls out the chair and let his hyung sit down before preparing their food.

He sees the table that is filled with the food for breakfast. Orange juice, french toast, bacon and egg. "Wow. When did you become so husband material?" Luhan says while laughing. Sehun blushes, "Ever since you and I happened, I guess?" Luhan smiles at himself on hearing this.

"How's the food, hyung?" Sehun asks eagerly. Luhan tastes the food and is amazed by how good it is. "Not bad for a beginner!" Sehun blushes again so he has to turn away to hide it from his hyung. "So, what did you plan for today?" Luhan asks.

"Let's go spend the day in Myeongdong. What do you think?" Sehun answers him with a big smile plastered on his face.

"Sure, that's nice!" Luhan replies cheekily.

They talk more, trying to catch up on  the small times when they were away from each other due to work.

After washing the dishes, they got ready for the day. Sehun wore his favorite jeans, a gray hoodie for warmth, and a plain white shirt beneath it. The other wore a blue flannel and his favorite jeans as well. The two seemed to put effort in looking extra handsome today. After a while, they headed out.

They rode a bus to get to Myeongdong and the two can't help but be excited for their day together. They will finally be able to have fun and be stress-free even just for a day. How they wish they can be like this always.

The bus arrives at Myeongdong and as soon as they step out, Sehun glances at Luhan, all smiles, before grabbing his hand and runs to the street which is famous because it is the one lined up with all kinds of stores

They began entering each of the stores, checking out anything that catches their eye. 

"Does this fit me?" Sehun asks after reappearing from the cubicle.

Sehun looks good in almost everything, Luhan doesn't even need to look up to answer his question. He's busy using his phone so he hesitated for a moment and looks up to say his opininion, "Yeah." The younger goes back to the cubicle to try out more clothes which Luhan thinks will fit him after all.

They are just walking around when Sehun spots a jewelry shop. He drags Luhan into the place and once they step in, Sehun releases his hand to search for something that fits his taste. "Good morning, sir." Sehun smiles in return as the sales lady greets him.

He rounds the shop and soon sees a silver bracelet that is not too studded with gems which makes it look perfectly simple yet elegant. "Hyung, look at this." Sehun calls Luhan.

"You want me to buy that for you?" Luhan asks, pointing at the bracelet.

"No, hyung! Let's buy two of this so we have something that match."

"Ah, couple bracelet. Okay!" Luhan can't help but smile at himself. He knows for a fact that he's spending his time wisely. Being able to spend time with Sehun after a long week is enough to relieve his stress from the previous days. Luhan doesn't think he'll ever get tired of their relationship. He still feels giddy during their dates as if their relationship is still new when the truth is, they've been together for almost two years now.

"I'll buy two of this." Sehun informs the sales lady with a smile.

"Two of this? Let me pay for mine instead." Luhan insists. 

"It's okay, hyung. I've saved money for this already." Not letting Luhan argue any more, Sehun proceeds to the counter to pay for the bracelets. "No need to put it in a box, by the way.

"Okay, sir." The sales lady replies politely.

Sehun excitedly walks back to his hyung. Luhan was about to wear his own bracelet when Sehun suddenly stopped him. "I'd like it better if I'm the one who'll put it on your wrist." Sehun says. Luhan blushes, letting the younger wear the bracelet on him. Sehun puts the bracelet on Luhan's wrist delicately before wearing his own. "There." 

"Wow," Luhan smiles, "I like it so much. Thank you."

The two admire their couple bracelet for a minute or two before going out of the shop. "Thank you. Please come again!" The sales lady says to the couple.

"We finally have a couple bracelet, yehet!" Sehun exclaims as he links his hand with Luhan's and admires their bracelets more.

"Yeah. We never really had time to look for one, that's why. But Sehun, are you really not going to let me pay you for the bracelet? That's quite expensive."

"Forget about the money, hyung! Just promise me that you'll always wear it so we can still feel each other's presence even if we're apart." Sehun replies.

"You sound so cheesy." Luhan laughs.

"What, why? What's wrong with that? If I know, you like it so much. Don't you, jagiya?" Sehun teases Luhan, bumping him on the side lightly.

Luhan blushes at the name Sehun called him. "No, I'm not." He said it defensively, which made Sehun more.

In the midst of the street, the two were acting like they have their own world, separated from the busy surroundings and not caring about the others' judging faces upon seeing their behavior towards each other. They look so adorable, any person who supports gay people like them will surely smile at the sight of the cute couple.

 

They were walking along the street, looking at the displays of the different shops when Luhan's heart melts, seeing a little boy crying in a corner. He immediately lets go of Sehun's hand and runs to the kid to comfort him. "Hey, little boy. Don't be scared, what's wrong?" Luhan asks gently, careful not to scare him.

"I'm l-lost. I c-can't find m-my mom." The kid tries to answer Luhan properly but fails because of his hiccups due to the length of time that he has been crying hard.

He was told not to talk to strangers, an automatic rule to all children, but this stranger doesn't look harmful at all. He looks too pretty, too baby-face to be a kidnapper. Plus, his approach feels so sincere and genuine. Being the innocent child that he is, he easily trusts Luhan, hoping that he'll be able to find his mother with his help.

"You're lost? Don't worry, we'll find your mom. In the meantime, you have to stop crying, okay? Do you need water?" Luhan asks then realizes that they didn't bring water, to begin with. "I'll buy water." Sehun volunteers. "Yes, thanks." Luhan says, grateful for his boyfriend's understanding.

While Sehun is looking for a convenience store, he spots a bubble tea store. As much as he's tempted to buy his favorite drink, he needs to have control his self and prioritize the more important task.

He scurries off to the convenience store to buy water and returns to where the other two are.

Luhan opens the bottle as soon as Sehun reaches them and gives the bottle to the kid. The kid was able to calm down after a while so Luhan takes the chance to talk to him. "My name is Lu Han, by the way, and this is Sehun, my, uh, friend. What's your name?"

Sehun is a bit disappointed at Luhan's description of him. He was expecting Luhan to introduce him as his boyfriend, not just a friend.

"I'm Daewon."

"Okay, Daewon, what happened?" Luhan says as he starts to ask questions.

"She was buying something from that stall when I saw another kid playing with his cool toy. I went to the kid and played with him. His parents called him and when I tried to look for my mom, I didn't see her anymore." The kid explains, on the verge of tears.

"Shh, shh. Don't cry, we'll find her. I promise. Come on, let's start looking for your mom."

Luhan holds the small hand of the boy while Sehun holds the other. They start looking, going into shops, asking and describing to the staff what the kid's mother looks like.

They have just exited their eighth shop when Sehun sees the bubble tea store again. This time, he urges Luhan to go to the shop and buy his usual drink. "Hyung, let's buy bubble tea there! We've been walking for 30 minutes now, let's take a break." Sehun complains. "We can take the seat beside the glass so we can still see if his mother is around." Luhan realized that he is already tired too so he gives in to Sehun's suggestion.

They enter the shop and position theirselves near the glass. The place is playing acoustic music that gave off the peaceful ambiance of the place. It actually helped in easing their worry over the lost kid. "Daewon, what flavor do you want?"

Daewon pauses for a while, "Chocolate, please."

"Hyung?"

"Same with yours."

"Okay." Sehun gives Luhan a cute thumbs up before lining up to the counter. Luhan thinks of what to say to the kid in order to distract him. "Daewon, how old are you?"

"Seven. Hyung, can I borrow your phone?"

"Oh, okay." He gives Daewon his phone and watches him.

The kid looks through his apps, finding if there is any fun game to play. Realizing this, Luhan is thankful for downloading those apps. He wouldn't know how to deal with the kid's boredom without it.

Sehun returns to the table with 3 bubble teas. The child gladly accepts the drink, almost forgetting saying his "thank you." He continues on with the game while busily sipping his drink.

"I'm just a friend, huh." Sehun teases Luhan.

"Shh!" Luhan gives Sehun a friendly glare. "He's just eight, we have to be careful with what we say and act."

"Okay." Sehun mocks Luhan.

"You don't need to act like you're not lovey doveys in front of me, okay. It's obvious." Daewon interrupts. Luhan's eyes slightly widen at the sudden comment but Sehun laughs it off instead.

 

They drink their bubble teas, staying alert for the kid's mom. Every once in a while, they would see a woman who they think might be Daewon's mom. "Is that her?" Sehun points at the woman. "No." Daewon replies sadly.

The two look around more, careful for the boy's mom. They soon spots another woman who looks like his mom, "Daewon, is that her?" The woman is crying while searching for something, someone. "Yes, that's her!" The boy exclaims happily. He immediately leaves the phone and drink on the table to run to his mother. Luhan grabs his phone before following the boy.

"Mom! Mom!"

Hearing a familiar voice, the mother turns around and sees his child. He runs to Daewon and envelopes him in a tight hug. "Never ever do that again, Daewon. God, I thought I'll never find you!" The mother cries. She looks up and sees the couple looking at them.

Daewon smiles comfortingly at his mother. "Mom, they're the ones who helped me." He says as he introduces the two.

"Thank you, thank you so much." She exclaims sincerely.

Daewon goes to Luhan and hugs him. "Always stay with your mom, alright?" Luhan says as they level theirselves with the boy.

"You cute boy, don't cry now." Sehun comforts the child, seeing him teary-eyed.

"Okay," Daewon nods. "Thank you for the drink, hyung." He says to Sehun. He goes back to his mom and she holds his son's little hands.

"Bye, hyung! Thank you!" Daewon shouts as they part ways.

"Welcome!"
"Take care, Daewon!" They watch the mother and son grow small as the distance between them grows big.

The two look at each other and laughs. "That was tiring." Luhan says as they start to walk. "Tiring but it was actually fun!" Sehun exclaims. "Thank God we found his mother." Luhan sighs in relief.

"Yeah! So hyung, are we going home now?" Sehun asks.

"Yeah, let's just spend the rest of the day watching movies at my unit."

"Sure."

Luhan suddenly feels cold and rubs his hands together, breathing on them in attempt to feel warm. The cold air hinting that Christmas is already near. Seeing this, Sehun grabs Luhan's hand that aren't holding the paper bag and puts it in his hoodie's pocket, not letting go of his hand. Luhan smiles, thankful for that small action which shows his cute boyfriend's sensitivity. 

On the way to the condo, the couple stops over a playground. There are no children due to the temperature that day. They enjoy the peacefulness together while walking.

"Hyung, are you happy?" Sehun asks. 

"Of course! Why ask that all of a sudden? Is something wrong?"

"Nothing. Just checking up on you."

"I thought you're going to break up with me." Luhan sighs in relief.

"Me? Break up with you? Never!" Sehun defends.

"I remembered that's what happens in dramas when he wants to break up with the other already. Saying he's not happy anymore and stuff, lol." Luhan laughs at himself for being into kdramas too much.

Sehun laughs at how silly his hyung could be sometimes then he remembers what happened this morning when he tried to kiss Luhan secretly.

"Hyung, there's something I've been wanting to do."

"What is it?" Luhan asks.

Sehun stops walking which made Luhan stop as well. He faces Luhan, still not letting go of his hand. He bends down, slowly closing the gap between them.

The beating of his heart quickens, nervous of his action and afraid that Luhan might stop him anytime. He feels the soft lips of the other, signaling that his lips have already met Luhan's and presses a gentle kiss on it. 

Luhan feels butterflies in his stomach, unconcious that the other is feeling the same way too. He can finally understand how it feels to be kissed, like you're going to explode any second. The kiss is warm enough to take away the coldness that Luhan was feeling a while ago. He didn't know kisses can bring so much energy into him, then and there.

Sehun feels something cold touch his nose. He realized that it was a snowflake and that they kissed on the first snow. The other realizes it too which made their kiss feel even more romantic.

He pulls away slowly, so as not to let the kiss last too long for their first. Their foreheads are pressed together as snow starts to fall around them. Sehun looks at Luhan's eyes. If only Luhan can see how deep Sehun's stare is, but he's staring at the ground instead, still letting what happened sink in. "Hyung, I love you."

Luhan's heart flutters at the words Sehun said to him. With a smile, he returns four words which made Sehun's heart continue beating faster, "I love you more."

 

a/n: so i hope you enjoyed reading the fic. again, it's my first so forgive me if i had mistakes or if i didn't meet your expectations. another selu oneshot is in progress, i hope you'll read it too. don't forget to upvote if you like this. that's all, thank you! ^^ {twitter: @SELUB4BY}