soulmates.

Soulmates

I never really found out how such a beautiful goddess could love such a geek like me. She was everything I wasn't. We were complete opposites. But opposites attract, right? I was small, she was tall. I was clumsy, she was elegant. Yet when were together it was like we were meant to be. She was the only thing I needed. She was my happiness. It was true love. We did everything together, apart from she did it elegantly, I just stumbled around most of the time breaking things, yet she would just laugh and tell me it was okay and hug me. I miss it. I miss her.

We met on a dark Friday evening. It was raining and I was trying to get home when I stumbled over my own feet and fell in a puddle. I heard a gasp and felt someone pulling me up.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

I nodded. "Yep." I didn't dare look up. She was probably going to laugh at me.

"Here, I'll walk you to my house, it's only a few minutes away. We can share my umbrella." She said, wiggling her umbrella which seemed to have cat pictures all over it, then she started to pull me along with her. "So, what's your name?"

"Sera.. You know, you don't have to do this. I can walk home myself." I said, trying my best not to fall over again.

"Nice to meet you Sera. I'm Hyuna. I'm doing this because I want you to be inside in the warmth, and my house is only around the corner." She said. "How did you end up falling in that puddle?"

"Alright, I guess it'd be okay if I came to your house... Uh.. I'm really clumsy... I fall over all the time." I said shyly, finally looking up at her.

She was the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen. She looked like one of those pretty girls you'd see in the magazines. Everything about her was perfect.

"Ah, well I'm going to have to look out for you more often then aren't I? Can't have you falling over all the time, especially in this weather." She said with a small laugh.

We reached her house shortly after. She entered first, then I followed along, falling over the step to enter her house.

"Sorry!" I squeaked as I grabbed onto her to try and stay stood up, but instead I just pulled her down.

I closed my eyes tightly, expecting her to be mad, but instead she just laughed and patted my shoulder.

"It's alright, let's get you dry now." She said, getting up and helping me up.

A few minutes later, I was wrapped up in blankets, wearing clothes that were far too big for me.

"Thanks for all this, you didn't have to." I started, but she just smiled.

"I just wanted to help you, you're very nice. I hope we can be friends for a long time."

And that was the start of us. The start of everything.

 

As the months passed, we got closer. I was pretty much always at her house, looking after her cats whilst she was at work. One evening when she came home from work, I was sat on the couch watching TV. She put her stuff down as usual, then instead of going to find her cats, she sat down next to me.

"Sera.." She started, seeming very quiet and unlike her usual self.

I turned the TV off and looked at her. "Yes?"

"There's something that's been on my mind for a while. I've been thinking about it more than usual lately. I think it's time that I told you." She said, looking down at her hands.

"What is it? Are you half cat?" I asked with a giggle.

"Hey, this is serious you know." She said with a pout, hitting my shoulder.

"Sorry, carry on." I said.

"Well.. The thing is.. I'm in love." She said, then paused for a moment. "I'm in love with you."

"With me?" I asked.

"I understand if you don't feel the same..." She mumbled.

"No! I do feel the same! I've always loved you, from the moment you picked me up from lying in that puddle." I said, feeling my cheeks turn very red.

"Really?" She asked. I knew she was smiling, and that made me smile too.

"Really." I said, looking up at her to see she had the biggest smile on her face.

She hugged me tightly, and it felt perfect. It was like I was made for her, and she was made for me. She was my soulmate. The person missing from my life.

"I love you so much." She said, burying her face against my shoulder.

"I love you too, more than you could ever imagine." I said, holding her close.

 

Our relationship grew quickly and soon I had moved in with her. We got bolder with our kisses and touches. I trusted her with everything, and she trusted me too. It was the perfect relationship. There were times I felt scared because of my clumsiness, but she would just smile and kiss me then clean up the broken pieces of whatever I had managed to break. She never got mad at me ever. She understood me. When I was upset, she would be there to dry my tears and listen to my problems. When I was sick, she cared for me until I felt better. She was the best thing that ever happened to me.

 

And now, here I am. Alone. It was a dark, rainy night, a lot like the night we'd met. I got a call from the police. They told me she'd been involved in a car accident and was in a critical condition. I went straight to the hospital and a nurse took me to the room she was in. Hyuna was surrounded by doctors. Everything was a blur. Something that was once so perfect was falling apart in front of my very own eyes. A machine started beeping very loudly, and there was a loud scream.

"SERA! TELL SERA I LOVE HER!"

And then there was silence.

 

A new day dawns once again.
I stare at where you used to lay your head.
I close my eyes, your face I plainly see.
That smile that could always bring me to my knees.
Those eyes that saw into the very soul of me.
My heart aches for the touch of your hands on my skin.
The taste of your kiss on my lips.
I've come to understand what the meaning of loneliness is.
I wipe away a tear.
It's almost more than I can bear.
I pray for the strength to get me through another day without you.