Wonder Wall

Put Two and Two Together — A Oneshot Collection Featuring SeKai

    

WONDER WALL
PG  / 2476 words / romance, fluff / All they want is a day off.
                        requested by Psychoco! 

He promised he'll make him happy.

Jongin slips in his hoodie, stuffing his hands inside the pockets of his jeans before stepping out of the dorm with caution. It’s two in the morning and he can hear the ragged breathing of the members inside the dorm; a sigh slips past his lips before he walks down the corridor.

It’s been a routine for two weeks now; he walks up the stairs until he reaches the rooftop and dances everything – just dance, dance, and dance until he can feel everything else draining away from his body.

Until he can feel the satisfaction bubbling in his body that he finally masters the dance moves.

Until maybe Sehun notices that he’s been gone for quite a long time already and come looking for him.

The door pushes open and Jongin spins on his heel, pausing the music playing in his IPod as he watches Sehun’s head emerges from the opened door.

“Hey,” The sleepiness is still evident in his voice and Sehun's eyes are barely opened but still, Jongin finds it endearing. Actually, everything that Sehun does is endearing for Jongin – damn, is he that in love with Oh Sehun?

Jongin snaps out of his thoughts as he gazes back at Sehun, who steps out of the door, feet are warmed up because of his bunny slippers (Jongin got him that gift as a joke but Sehun as been using that ever since) and his blanket is wrapped around his lithe body securely. His gaze softens as he limps his way towards Sehun, trying to control his face expression so he wouldn't look like he's in pain but Sehun is sharp when it comes to Jongin's waist injury.

Sehun abruptly removes the blanket around his body and wraps it securely around Jongin's form, adjusting it multiple times to make sure that Jongin is fine. He feels Sehun's cold fingers pressing against his injured waist and a wince falls unknowingly from his lips, making Sehun click his tongue in disappointment before helping him get down the stairs. Even if their fingers are numb because of the coldness, Jongin can't help but feel the warmness spreading inside of him as Sehun drags him back to the dorm, his eyes droopy with sleepiness.

It's the same old routine – Sehun lets Jongin rest on his bed as he changes his bandages, applying the ointment to cool down the pain before he wraps the blanket once more around his lithe body. And all he does is watch him with a softened gaze before he presses a long kiss against Sehun's thin pair, murmuring "I love you," against the skin. He presses kisses all over Sehun's skin and Sehun only responds with a bright grin decorating his face before he pushes Jongin down, returning the kisses in a playful manner. And they fall asleep, completely contented and satisfied with a day filled with so much work.

And the vicious cycle starts again.


Jongin stumbles out of his shared room with Chanyeol and Kyungsoo, his own eyes droopy with sleepiness and a scowl etched on his face because Sehun apparently left him alone in the bed and he woke up to Chanyeol screaming in his ear, "WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY?" 

It was not a pleasant experience.

"So, the food is inside the fridge and all you need to do is heat it up and don't ing mess with my kitchen," Kyungsoo points a threatening finger at the sleepy Sehun, who's staring back at him with blankness and he keeps on nodding his head mindlessly. Jongin drags his feet towards the dining table before dropping a kiss on Sehun's clothed shoulder, mumbling a 'good morning' under his breath.

"Good morning to you too, baby." Sehun's face visibly brightens up and Jongin returns it with a tired smile of his own before plopping himself down on the seat next to his boyfriend. Baekhyun is muttering a string of curses as he glances at Sehun and Jongin half-heartedly. He gives them both a pat on the head before letting a yawn fall from his lips, stretching his limbs and accidentally hitting Kyungsoo right on the face.

Chanyeol is doubling with laughter as Kyungsoo chases Baekhyun around the kitchen with a screaming Baekhyun tripping over the chairs. Jongin shakes his head at their childishness before wrapping his arms around Sehun's waist, pulling him close to press a kiss against the corner of his lips. Sehun hums in contentment before scooting his chair closer to Jongin's, fingers wrapped around Jongin's arm as his breath hits Jongin's ear.

"We get a day off today." 

"What? What do you mean-"

"Manager hyung told me this morning that we have no schedules lined up." Sehun shrugs his shoulders nonchalantly before pulling away slightly to shove some eggs in his mouth, chewing them with eagerness. Jongin narrows his eyes and removed his arms around Sehun's waist before straightening his posture as he gazes at Sehun with suspicion. That's a weird thing to hear since they're almost at the end of their promotions and they still have schedules lined up so why the sudden cancel?

"But the hyungs have schedules though." Sehun informs him before taking a large gulp from his water bottle, making a face as he puts down the bottle that is drained to half. Jongin's frown deepens as he tilts his head to the side with confusion, eyebrows furrowing together. Well, that's weird – why do the other members have schedules but their own schedules are wiped out?

Just when Jongin is ready to let the question slip past his lips, Baekhyun comes back to the kitchen and accidentally knocks Jongin on his arm, sending him into a fit of distraction. Kyungsoo smacks Baekhyun's head with a spatula, scowling at him hard before he stomps his way towards his own room while Baekhyun trails behind him whilst whining childishly. Jongin remains frozen in his seat as the members rush around the dorm, trying to get into their outfits as Sehun calmly eats his breakfast beside him,

At exactly 5:30 A.M., the members stepped out of the dorm after bidding the two youngest members goodbyes and just like that, they're left alone. Sehun brings his plate to the sink, washing it diligently as Jongin stays in his seat, still utterly confused about the whole ordeal. The pale boy walks back to Jongin, wrapping his lanky arms around Jongin's figure before bending down slightly to give him a kiss on the cheek.

"Do you want to take a shower together?" Jongin spares him a glance before a grin climbs up his lips, nodding his head excitedly before standing up from his chair with eagerness, immediately dragging him to the bathroom.

Jongin misses the way Sehun's lips turn upwards into an amused smile.


"I have no idea what we should do." Sehun falls on the couch beside Jongin, grabbing hold of the remote control as he flips through the channels with boredom written on his face. Jongin snuggles closer to Sehun's embrace, seeking more of his warm as he inhales his boyfriend's sweet scent.

"One of the disadvantages when you're an idol is when you don’t get to go dates outside." Jongin mutters back before stealing the remote from Sehun's hand, shutting the television off and ignoring the way Sehun is looking at him with bewilderment. Sehun pulls away from Jongin's arms reluctantly as he moves towards the DVD players, searching through the amount of movies stored in there. A stash of Disney movies is all he saw and his shoulders slump in disappointment before turning to Jongin and holding up the DVDs.

"What do you want to watch?"


"NO, STITCH. YOU CAN'T JUST ING DIE-"

"Jongin,"

"LILO, THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT-"

"Jong-"

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING. STITCH, WAKE THE UP!" Jongin screams at the television and Sehun slumps in his seat as Lilo bursts into tears upon realizing that it's too late and she takes him out of the fusion chamber, clinging onto Stitch and holding him tightly in her arms. Jongin is sniffling beside him and he has used up a box of tissue already, tears continue to stream down his face. Sehun chuckles before leaning over to brush away the tears that are falling from Jongin's eyes, feeling rather amused at Jongin's love for Disney movies.

It's actually adorable how Jongin becomes so expressive and he easily breaks down into tears when someone tragic happens in a Disney movie. But hey, Sehun is not complaining because Jongin becomes clingier when he watches theses kind of movies and Sehun is practically in love with a clingy Jongin.

Sehun bites back his laughter as Jongin bursts into tears once more but this time, tears of joy streams down his face as Stitch is revived and is currently dancing with Lilo on the empty stage of the competition. He brushes Jongin's tears once more, shaking his head in mild amusement as the movie finally comes into an end. Jongin snuggles close to Sehun's side, hiding his face on Sehun's arm, probably too embarrassed to take a glance at his boyfriend. 

Sehun shakes his head before letting Jongin snuggle close to him as he runs through a hand through his hair, soft strands tangling themselves around his fingers. He doesn't really care if Jongin is in love with Disney movies and will make him watch three more – as long as Jongin is happy, then Sehun is happy too.


"I can't believe you fell asleep during Frozen last night." Jongin complains as he climbs inside the van, almost stumbling in his own steps because Zitao is pushing him from behind and muttering at him to hurry up. Sehun simply smiles innocently at his direction before pulling him towards the space beside him, immediately locking his arms around Jongin's lithe waist and pressing multiple pecks all over his face as a form of his apology. Jongin is laughing and Sehun's heart bursts with joy as he stares back at Jongin's carefree expression and as much as it sounds cheesy, Sehun can't help but fall all over again for this adorable guy.

Sehun can see how Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Jongdae are making fun of them as they copy the two youngest members' actions and Sehun only responds by sticking out his tongue in a playful manner. Jongin calms down after a few minutes, a grin painted on his face before he lays his head on the junction between Sehun's flawless neck and shoulder, their fingers loosely intertwined.

Sehun really can't help but fall for Jongin even more.


"Are you sure you'll be fine?" Joonmyun puts a comforting hand on the small of his back but Sehun only responds with a hum as he takes the rag, getting on his knees quickly as he starts cleaning the floor. The other members exchange looks before giving him encouraging words as they pile out of the practice room, leaving Sehun all alone. He heaves a sigh as he wipes away the sweat beads that are forming on his forehead as he crouches to the ground, fingers wrapped around the cloth tightly.

Asking a day off from the company is never an easy task – there's always a catch before they grant your request. But fortunately for Sehun, all he needs is to clean up five practice rooms before he's allowed to go back to the dorms. But then again, it's already two in the morning and he's stuck here, in the very first practice room and their first schedules for tomorrow starts at 5:40 in the morning. He has to work fast so he can accomplish his given task.

He's deadly tired but remembering how carefree and joyful Jongin was yesterday, Sehun can't help but feel like it's all worth it. Losing sleep and cleaning practice rooms are nothing, just as long he can make Jongin happy and satisfied, even in a single day. Plus, they've been drifting away because of the promotions and Sehun thinks that a day off is the only solution is spend more time with Jongin.

He heaves another sigh, hands limp and his knees aching but he keeps on going – he's almost finished with the practice room, anyway. He's tidying it up when the door flies open and Sehun abruptly turns his head at the intruder, his eyes widening when he sees Jongin in his hoodie, eyes blazing with fierceness and anger.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Jongin's voice drops into a whisper as he gazes back at the cloth then back to Sehun's exhausted expression displayed on his sweating face. He drops to his knees and he winces when he moves his waist slightly. Sehun quickly wraps his arms around Jongin's waist and brings him into a sitting position, massaging his injury with his cold fingers, trying to soothe down the pain running through Jongin's veins.

"Why?" Jongin says breathlessly, eyes trained on Sehun. Sehun purses his lips into a thin line, shoulders slumping forward when he realizes that Jongin is asking why he didn't him that the day off they experienced yesterday has a catch. That he has to stay behind and work and won't be able to get any rest. That he simply kept mum about the truth.

"I'm sorry – I know you're working so hard, especially when you practice in the rooftop so I thought you needed a day off. I'll accept any form of punishment, if it makes you happy with your day off." Sehun mutters as he drops the rag beside Jongin, his head shaking sadly. Jongin gazes at him with softened eyes and he thinks how he got such a thoughtful boyfriend like Sehun. Sehun's eyes are cast downwards but he looks up when Jongin presses his lips against Sehun's thin pair, both of them exhaling a sigh of satisfaction. Jongin pulls him close and Sehun softly moans against his pair, his lips travelling downwards to kiss Jongin's neck and shoulders. 

"I love you but I don't want you to risk your health," Jongin's lips turn into a frown as he grabs the rag, his fingers wrapping around it tightly. "I'm going to help you."

"Jongin, don't-" Sehun gets cut off when Jongin pulls him once more into a heated kiss, making Sehun moan when Jongin runs his fingers along Sehun's sides.

"I love you." Jongin mutters once more as he drops a kiss on Sehun's forehead, staring back at him with a smile.

"I'll do anything to ease your burden. I won't leave you until we finish cleaning the practice rooms." Sehun watches him with doubt before heaving a sigh of defeat, nodding his head. 

"You only get to wash the mirrors." Sehun says as he passes another rag to Jongin's hand, a smile reflected on his own lips. Jongin grins as he throws his arms around Sehun's waist, pulling him to a quick kiss, eyes crinkling with happiness.

"You got it."


 author's notes
↳ HELL YEAH, EXAMS ARE OVER AND SUMMER IS HERE!!! 

... but i don't have any plans for summer lmao.

anyway, i'm back and i'm still taking requests tho! this chapter is dedicated to Psychoco unnie heh. ♥ i tried finishing this last night and it turned out as failed fluff otl. i'm so sorry. ;; but anyway, i still hope you guys enjoyed this oneshot! please leave your feedback heh.
p.s: to anyone who has line, add me! my id is micaaai :) (the one on my dp is chrissy costanza. ♥)
p.p.s: WHY AREN'T SEKAI PARTNERS IN PLAYBOY ANYMORE?! D: