Close Your Eyes to See

Close Your Eyes to See

"Woaaahh. What a nice punch you got there."

I heard that stupid kingka said while touching his now bleeding lip. I didn't even flinch when I threw my punch and sent him down the floor. Who were you kidding? I'm Luhan. I knew he was trying to play with me, or at least he was trying to mock me as a nerd. I was a nerd, wasn't I? I love to read and learn, being alone in the library was not creating a sin so that wasn't a problem. The problem was these guys. They were just too dumb to even know the way to read or learn. I felt sorry for them but what else could I do beside leaving them alone? So, why couldn't they just leave me alone.

 

Then there was this guy, Oh Sehun. I never really had a problem with him since I always tried to avoid him when he called out for me. I liked him actually, he looked nice and turned out to be the only guy-beside me who could solve the questions in my Physics class. I also remembered that he was the guy who played guitar in the cafeteria to impress that other boy whose name I couldn't remember-it's not like I even want to know his name. 

 

So, today this Sehun guy was trying to find a problem with me. Okay, two could play this game. I was tempted to smirk but when he got up and patted my back, I took a step back and glared at him.

"Easy there!" he raised both of his hands and had a smile on his face.

I glared at him even more. I hated stupid boys, especially the handsome ones. The way he was smiling with his bleeding lip was so stupid for me. The fact that he always hangout with those stupid boys was stupid for me. Everything about him just screamed stupid for me. 

When he put his hands down, he had that stupid expression that made him looked sincere, but I knew better that he wasn't. He was just trying to make me looked like a fool and as a laughing material for his friends. Stupid!

"Come on, man. I was just... Just testing out something." He laughed. What a stupid guy.

I decided to just leave him alone with his stupidity. Awww. My hand stung. I walked straight to the library as usual. But I did realize that that stupid guy was following me. When I turned to glare at him he stopped right in front of me. I really wanted to take a step back because of the closeness but I decided not to do so and glared at him instead. He smiled. Stupid. 

"I'm going to the library. It's not a problem, right? Luhan." He said and brushed pass me.

I was taken a back that he knew my name and the way he said my name was just so annoying. But I decided to let it go and walked to the library. He was there with a book on his hand and waved at me. I looked around and found no one but us. I went to take some books and sat down at the furthest seat. He came to sit beside me. I put my book down and glared at him.

"The thing is, I want to your friend, Luhan. Oops I mean I know that I'm your friend already but I want to be your-- hmmm best friend? You know, someone you can talk to and someone you can hangout with." 

"I don't buy bull! So, if you don't have any business again here, can you please just leave me alone?"

"Oh God! I'm trying to help you here."

"And who says I need any help?"

"Okay. I'll just leave you alone then." Sehun then walked out.

What I didn't expect was that I kept seeing him everywhere after that. I knew that he was up to something and I wasn't planning to be near him for a long time so I asked him to meet m after school one Thursday. I saw his stupid blonde hair stuck out form all those black-haired people. 

"I know that you're up to something. And if you can just tell me, maybe I can help you with that and you can stop disturbing me."

I was trying to be kind and he had his stupid expression as if he was confused.

I raised my brows. "I'm trying to be kind here."

He sighed." Okay. So, Mr. lee asked me to be friending you because he doesn't want his so-called star student to be an outcast or loner. And may be you can guess already that he chose me because I'm the brightest students out there who can melt everyone's heart and soul."

I scoff. I knew that teacher was crazy and he was kind of had a thing for me.

"I'm not an outcast or loner. So, you can leave me alone."

"Luhan, listen! It's not bad to have friends. I can't understand why you hate people."

"I don't just hate people! I hate stupid people!"

"So, do you think I'm a stupid people?" He sounds surprised.

"You think you're not?"

Just like that I walked away from him.

After that, as I remembered, he kept coming back at me and I was too tired to try to get rid of him anymore and just let him did what he liked.

"I should've hangout with you earlier. You're such a cool guy!" Sehun exclaimed when we played basketball that evening. He wasn't good at all at basketball. Now I knew that he also had his weak point because for a moment, I thought that he didn't have one because he was actually a genius in study and music and not to mention his good looking face and his cheerful personality. He was a kingka instead.

Just like that, we became best friends. We studied together, hangout together and even went groceries shopping together. He was''t that bad. We became really close after that. So close to point where we told each other about our crush. He told me that he liked a Chinese boy named Tao. He was a scary-looking senior and he looked like a trouble for me, but I didn't tell Sehun that, I thought I wasn't in the right place to judge the guy he liked. Then I told him about Do Kyungsoo. He was the student council president, he was the most amazing guy I even knew. But then I found out that he was dating Jongin, his vice. I was so surprised to hear that when Sehun told me. But strangely I didn't experience what people liked to call heartbreak. I was disappointed, yes. But I didn't feel my heart broke or a pang in my heart.

Strangely, I felt that when I saw Sehun crying when he found out that Tao was dating Kris. I remembered hugging Sehun and acted as a big brother who would always protect him.

 

As the time passes by, we know we are old enough to get over our old crushes. I'm fine to see Kyungsoo is married to Jongin and I even became their bestman when they go married. Sehun and I are still best friends. I never got a chance to tell him about my feeling because I myself also am not sure. Oh, Tao is a free man now and he turns out to be a really sweet man, I may say. Sehun is still into him, I guess. But as I close my eyes. Now, I can see. I walk in to his room and see the pictures of us everywhere. I feel my heart breaks, shattered into pieces.

 

Because right now, I'm looking at that boy crying at the corner of his room. It's like an old memory plays back. When Sehun had his heartbreak because of his mother's death, I remembered he cried all night. But now, it's because of  me. I really wish that I could turn back time. I really want to hug him right now but I now, just being able to look at him for the last time is more that enough for me. I walk to him and sit down beside him.

"Sehun-ahh. Close your eyes to see. I'm right here."

I know he can't hear me.

Because he stands up and runs out.

I watch him go with my tears running down my face. I close my eyes, to see him again.

When I open my eyes, I find myself looking at Sehun and many other people.

They are crying and I don't want to know why.

As I see the golden light comes, I know it's time to go.

But then I look at Sehun for the last time.

I see him kneeling down beside the gravestone and he closes his eyes to cry.

"Sehun-ahh."

I know he can see me somehow.

Because I can hear him clearly.

"I love you, Luhan."

 

 

©nightStar