Ch. 6

Love Debut

I stared at the 3 people standing before me with wide eyes, wondering how this all had even come together.

 
 
"What are you talking about?" Junhoe said to Hanbin with a narrowed look as he released his grip on Jennie.
 
"You can't try to defend Michelle now when you haven't spoken to her for days." Hanbin responded as he did the same, his expression looking bland. "Besides, you have a girlfriend. What exactly even is your purpose?"
 
"I don't have a purpose." Junhoe snapped angrily before taking a step forward. "Maybe Jennie was in the wrong this time. That doesn't mean I'm trying to do something with Michelle. And you just became close with her a couple days ago, how are you and I any different?"
 
"Did she even tell you what happened?" Hanbin finally spoke as he narrowed his eyes.
 
 
My eyes immediately widened as I heard this. 
I knew exactly what he was talking about. And just by reminiscing about that night, I could already feel a bead of sweat drip down the side of my face, my throat becoming dry while flashes of that night repeated themselves into my head.
 
 
"What? What do you mean?" Junhoe responded with furrowed brows.
 
"In fact, wasn't it you that made her run out of class that day?" Hanbin continued further, ignoring Junhoe's questions.
 
"What's your point?" Junhoe replied in a bored tone as he adjusted his sleeve. "Am I supposed to care about every hissy fit she throws?"
 
 
 
At that moment, I immediately stood up and grabbed my bag, walking as quickly as I could towards the elevator. I didn't need this. I didn't need him. And I knew it.
Yet, it still hurt me when he said that.
 
 
"Wait, Michelle." Hanbin spoke suddenly, forcing me to stop in my tracks. 
I looked up as I saw that he was still looking straight at Junhoe, his eyes solid and dull with an unreadable emotion. It was one of those looks he would give the other iKON members while they were practicing..When he was angry or displeased.
 
"You want to know what happened?" Hanbin asked as he continued to stare at Junhoe, not breaking eye contact.

"What are you talking about?" Junhoe responded angrily.
 
"Wait, don't-" I began, taking a step forward while reaching my hand out. I couldn't let him tell Junhoe..Especially not like this. My heart raced uncontrollably, while my feet got ready to dart over, in a cheap effort to stop Hanbin,
 
 
But it was too late.
Parting his lips without showing any type of expression, Hanbin finally said in an emotionless voice, 
 
 
"She almost got . And where were you?"
 
 
 
And there it was. Out in the open.
My arms weakly dropped to my sides as my expression softened into nothingness, my eyes becoming blurry with blind thoughts. I couldn't even think straight, let alone find something to say about what Hanbin had just exposed.
I didn't....Have any way to respond.
 
 
I watched as Junhoe simply stared at me, his eyes wide with shock. Jennie seemed thoroughly confused while her gaze darted from Hanbin back to Junhoe. No one could really blame her for how lost she was; even I was a bit lost.
 
 
"How does that relate with me?" Junhoe suddenly barked as he took a step forward. Hanbin immediately opened his mouth to snap back, but was interrupted by the sound of my voice. 
 
"I called you that night. And you hung up on me because you were with Jennie."
 
Junhoe's gaze slowly turned towards me as I looked at him with a bland expression, my voice turning silky and cold. He was too busy with Jennie that he didn't even take the time to ask me what was wrong. He didn't care.
 
 
 
"Michelle, I'm sorry," He spoke slowly. "But you can't blame me for something like that. I couldn't have known that's why you called."
 
As I opened my mouth to respond, a sudden force latched itself onto my arm, pulling me towards the elevator doors with an immense strength. I almost couldn't keep up with myself because of how quickly we were moving.
 
The doors slid open as the unknown person placed me into the elevator and followed behind before punching the button for the first floor in. Once my mind collected itself, it didn't take long for me to realize that B.I. had been the one who pushed me aside.
 
 
"Hanbin, what are you doing?" I asked, a bit confused as to why he took me out of the situation so quickly.
 
"I'll take you home." He responded blandly. "You don't need to be around things like that."

"I can handle myself, but thanks." I said sheepishly, slightly embarrassed that Hanbin was acting like my guardian. It was sweet that he was helping me, nonetheless.
 
We stayed silent while the elevator slid downwards, a small tension filling the atmosphere. I hadn't really seen Hanbin act so protective or angry with Junhoe before. 
Honestly, I just recently got to know him. It was almost odd how close we had gotten in such short amount of time.
 
As the elevator doors slowly opened, my feet padded out into the parking lot, following behind Hanbin. His car was luckily parked rather close to the building they were staying at. 
 
 
My mind seemed focused on too many things at once; I was gradually becoming more irritated at everything that had happened today.
 
"You live near the YG camp right?" Hanbin suddenly spoke up.
 
I simply nodded as I ducked under his car hood and into the front seat, settling in before I pulled my phone out. My head felt like it was going to crack from how much pressure and anger I had lodged inside of me, but I didn't want to let Hanbin see.
 
The car let out a gruntle before revving up and moving out towards the road, finally getting me farther away from Junhoe.
 
 
"I know you're mad, but you should know some things about Junhoe." Hanbin said, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I asked curiously.
 
"He's not a bad guy at all." He replied boredly. "He can act like an all the time, but I wouldn't be working with him if he wasn't a good person. Even though I don't approve of the fact that he didn't take the time to ask you what was wrong, I don't want you to think he's a bad guy."
 
I was actually taken aback at the praise for Junhoe. Of course I was still angry at him, but I couldn't help but think that Hanbin was actually right.
He must be a really good friend to Junhoe.
 
 
Time slowly went by, and I still hadn't responded to Hanbin about what he said for Junhoe. Truthfully, there wasn't really anything for me to say. Time by myself was much needed for today; especially after all of this.
 
 
In no time, my house came into view, and it was already getting pretty late.
 
 
"I'll see you tomorrow morning, sharp. Don't forget." Hanbin said as I got ready to leave the car.
 
My head turned to him with a cocked eyebrow before I responded, "You're getting a bit Leader B.I. on me."

"Don't get confused just because I'm nice to you from time to time." He spoke with a blunt expression. "I'm still your teacher."
 
A small smile cracked upon my face as I heard this. I watched as he turned his gaze back towards the road, getting ready to leave once I got out of the car. I hadn't noticed before, but his jawline was really defined, and it made him look very handsome.
 
 
And, unable to stop myself, I felt my body lean in towards him.
 
Instinctively, my lips laid themselves upon his cheek and gave him a small peck.
 
"Thanks for taking me home, B.I." I smiled as Hanbin's expression looked on another world of shock.


Before he could yell at me or react in any way, I immediately hopped out of the car and ran towards my house, forcing myself not to look back. Half of me was dying with laughter, while the other half was mentally slapping myself. I had to mess with him at least once. He was a nice oppa, you could say.

Yet, what was most interesting about this...Was the fact that I couldn't stop smiling.
 
 
 
 
~~~~
 

After Hanbin had dropped me off, my mom went off to be with her friend. I was sitting alone, watching TV with a bowl of caramel popcorn sitting on my lap.
 
"Aish." I said to myself quietly, feeling like a couch potato. "Why do I have to live like this."
 
 
My head had cleared itself out by the time I allowed myself to relax at home. There wasn't really a reason for me to continue stressing myself over a group of pre-debut boys who I barely knew.
 
 
As the TV show I was watching finally ended, I decided to turn on The Roommate. My legs stretched out as I got up to get the remote from counter, still trying to figure out the new channels that we got. TV in America and TV in Korea were completely different.
 
 
Then, just as my fingers touched the right buttons, I heard a sudden ring at the door.
 
 
"You must ing kidding." I said to myself furiously, tossing the remote back onto the couch. 
 
 
An angry look plastered itself onto my face as I walked towards the front door, getting ready to shoo away any salesperson. Or worse, one of those crazy ladies who constantly try to interview trainees to see what the trainee life in YG is like. They're probably the worst.
 
 
My fingers wrapped themselves around the knob of my door as I pulled the large thing open, adjusting my eyes to the darker atmosphere outside.
 
 
Immediately, my eyes widened.
 
 
"Michelle, hey."
 
 
I couldn't believe what I was looking at. 
I almost wasn't surprised. Junhoe was standing in front of me, a confident look on his face. I was so shocked that I didn't even know how to adjust my expression. 
 
 
"What are you doing here?" I said, dumbfounded.
 
"I want to talk. Can I come in?" He said slowly. That was just like him. He gets straight to the point.
 
 
Hesistantly, my hand gently allowed the door to be pushed open wider so that he could fit inside. He was dressed in black joggers and a black sweatshirt. Along with his signature snapback; although I preferred him to not wear a hat.
 
 
"Do you want a drink or something?" I asked awkwardly as I led him into the living room where the TV was.
 
 
"Nah, I'm good." He responded, sitting down on my couch. He seemed pretty relaxed, despite the fact that I was completely uncomfortable.
 
 
I slowly followed behind him and sat down as well, making sure to leave a proper amount of space between us. I watched as he stared at me with an unreadable look on his face, like he was thinking really hard about something. 
 
 
"Are you mad at me because I was too busy with Jennie?" He suddenly spoke up, surprising me at first.
 
"No." I said coldly.
 
"Don't lie."

"I'm not lying, don't test me."
 
"If it's true then just admit it."

"I'm not lying!"

"Sure you aren't."

"Well what the hell do you expect me to do?" I shouted out of nowhere, my weeks worth of anger finally letting out of my system. "These creeps attacked me while I wasn't even suspecting it, and I called you for help, and you hung up on me because you were too busy with her!"

At this point, my face was red, and I couldn't hold back anymore.
 
"I can't believe you didn't even ask me what was wrong! You were too busy being with your stupid, incompetent, rude girlfriend to even understand that I was nearly !"
 
"I broke up with her." 
 
 
 
Silence.
My heavy breathing gradually slowed into small breaths as I wrapped my head around what Junhoe had just said to me. It was like a dream, like it didn't actually happen.
I didn't know what I was supposed to think.
 
After moments of shocking quiet, my lips managed to gain enough strength to part as I spoke, "Why?"


"Our relationship may have seemed perfect, but YG is the one who forced us to start dating." Junhoe answered, scooting closer to me. "It would promote her a lot on Mix and Match, and it would cause a lot of publicity. I won't lie and say we didn't have feelings for each other. The first few weeks were great. But as time went by and we kept seeing each other, the more I saw who she was. She's rude, and obsessed with the thought of debuting. She barely gave me any space, and the other boys knew it. After tonight, when I saw her hit you, it was like I lost all respect and feeling for her."
 
 
 
My throat felt dry, but I knew that I had to keep asking him questions. "That doesn't make up for the fact that you still hung up on me when I needed-"
 
I didn't let myself finish. I was going to say I needed him. And I couldn't.
Never in my life had I ever said I needed someone; I was independent, and ever since I was younger I hated burdening other people with my problems. Thankfully, I managed to catch myself.
 
 
"I'm sorry." Junhoe said quietly. "I'm always going to be sorry."
 
 
As he said this, his deep brown eyes gazed into mine, leaving me transfixed in his own features. I always found myself marveling over his looks, even before we got into this argument. 
He felt like home.
 
 
By instinct, my hand slowly moved itself closer to Junhoe's face, nearly touching his soft skin.
But I couldn't help it.
I immediately squeezed his cheek and shook his face from side to side before saying, "You little softie. When did my hyung become such a little baby?"


"Aish!" Junhoe rolled his eyes as he pushed me. "I don't know why I even bother with you, you're on my top list of complaints. And don't call me hyung, that's so manly!"  (Hyung means 'big brother' but it's what younger boys say to older boys. Whereas Oppa is what younger girls say to older boys)
 
 
"Hyung, don't tell me what to call you." I said with a grin before turning to watch TV. "What movie do you want to watch?"
 
"Trying to pick me up by watching movies?" Junhoe yawned as he leaned back in his seat.
 
"What? You'd be honored to go on a movie date with me!" I scoffed.
 
"Define 'honored'. It's a pretty big word and I don't know if your little brain understands what it means."
 
 
This type of banter went on the entire night, with movies going back and forth. In complete honesty, it felt nice that I was able to go back to how I originally was with Junhoe. Like an older brother and friend, someone I could trust.
I guess this was my closure.
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~
 
 
 
The next morning, I finally arrived at the YG trainee camp, my bag slung over my shoulder. Soojung immediately greeted me with an almost frantic look on her face, jogging towards me once I entered the dance room.
 
"You won't believe it." She huffed as I set my things down.

"What?" I asked with wide eyes.
 
"YG. As in the Mr. Yang of this agency wants you in his office, like now." 
 


My jaw immediately dropped as Soojung said this, a million thoughts racing through my mind. Mr. Yang wanted to speak with me? Or at least wanted me in his presence of his office? That could only mean two things. I'm either debuting, or getting kicked out.
I was leaning more on the kicked out side.
 
"Did you do anything wrong?" Soojung asked desperately. Apparently she felt the same way I did.
 
"No, but I guess I'll have to find out." I responded as I slowly turned and made my way towards YG's office. Sweat beaded down the side of my face as my footsteps felt like giant echoes throughout the large hallways. 


Could it be that Jennie complained to YG? Claiming some insane notion that I hit her or broke her and Junhoe up? If that was the case, then there would be no doubt that I'd be getting kicked out.
 
As my feet moved closer to Mr. Yang's office, all I could think about were the other possible companies that might accept me.
 
 
"Here I go." I muttered as my fingers rolled across the door knob, slowly opening to reveal the well-pampered office of YG himself.
 
 
"Come in." A slightly thin voice spoke. I recognized him immediately.
 
"Annyonghaseyo." I greeted politely as I shut the door behind me. The office was painted white with various designs and awards hung around, mainly of his prized posessions Big Bang and 2NE1.
 
"Michelle, was it? Or do you want to be called by your Korean name." YG spoke clearly and bluntly. I didn't want to dally any further, so I merely shook my head in silence.
 
 
"I understand you've been working on your singing and dancing a lot." He continued as his fingers tapped across his glass desk, nearly causing me to flinch. "You're also an extremely promising rapper. Yet you haven't been practicing."
 
I nodded slowly, another bead of sweat dripping down to my chin. It was like he could smell fear.
 
"Based on many of your previous videos of you rapping," YG began as he stared at me from under his hooded cap. "I want you to audition for Show Me The Money 3, along with Bobby and B.I. whom I assume you know."
 
My eyes shot open as I looked at Mr. Yang with an expression mixed with surprise and confusion. Show Me The Money 3? Was he serious? It's not that I wasn't a good rapper, it's just that it was so sudden. And I didn't know if I'd be able to do as well as other rappers on that show. There was so much talent. And I didn't want to ruin it for anyone else.
 
But, you can't not accept something from YG.
 
 
I was going to be on Show Me The Money 3.