Chapter 2

Secrets Within
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~7 years later~

“Miss Ahn Sohee sshi, thank you so much for this wonderfully designed architecture. You did a splendid job!”

Sohee smile shyly at her client’s compliment. “I’m really glad to be chosen for this project. I tried to incorporate everything that you requested into this building. I’m honored that you like it.”

“Yes, yes. Of course. It’s wonderful. This is beyond my expectations. You are really something, Miss Ahn Sohee sshi. Beautiful, intelligent, and talented. Truly suited to be a blue blood.” He continues to praise her.

“Thank you.” Sohee thank him and excuse herself when her phone rings.

“What is it, mother? What? They came to create troubles at our home? Don’t panic, I’ll be home immediately.” She hung up and rush home.

-------------------------------------

“Your husband owes us 80 million dollars. If you don’t pay up, I’ll confiscate this mansion and as well as his company. But since we are supposed brothers after all, if you can’t give me the money in one month, I will have the rights to kick you and your mother and every servants here out of the mansion. ” The man warns Sohee’s mother.

His spoiled daughter smirk at her and the servants in contempt.

“My father was the only son. Don’t go around humiliating our family name.” Sohee walk up to them in a confident manner.

“Sohee ah..” Her mother hold onto her. She reassures her mother.

“You and your mother better pay up the debt your father owes us!” His daughter yell at Sohee.

“It’s Lady Ahn Sohee. Do you not know your manners, Miss Minhyun? Must I remind you the gap between our class is huge? Since the deadline hasn’t been reached, this mansion is sitll mine. An outsiders coming into my house and causing a ruckus, I can resort to the law.”

‘You!” The daughter raised her hand at Sohee.

Sohee lifted her eyebrow at Minhyun’s raised hand and look at her questioningly, “Were you going to hit me?”

Minhyun breathing heavily and lower her hand and look away in fiery.

“We’ll be the one to call the police and kick you guys out if you guys cannot pay by the deadline.” The father reminds them and pull his daughter along.

Sohee takes a deep breath after seeing their exits.

“Sohee ah, where are you going to find 80 million  to pay them? Her mother asked her worriedly.

“I don’t have any right now. I’ll try my best to get it. We can’t lose this mansion or the company, it was father’s most treasured asset. This mansion is our home. Our family’s pride and honor, we cannot lose it to that man. He was just Grandpa’s adopted son, but he act as if he is really the descendant of our noble blood.” Sohee runs her hand through her long hair, feeling pressurized from the situation.

Her mother look at her apologetically.

-------------------------------------------------

“Mr. Kwon sshi, a woman called Lady Ahn is here to see you.” The female housemaid informs Mr. Kwon who was drinking morning tea with his young wife, Yeonhee.

“Lady Ahn?” Mr. Kwon place his tea cup down. Yeonhee look at her husband with curiosity.

“Kwon Min ki sshi ” Lady Ahn greets him as he make his entrance into the living room.

“Oh, Seonmi, I haven’t seen you in forever since your husband’s funeral. How are you and Sohee doing?” Mr. Kwon greets her back warmly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter