Chapter 3

Secrets Within
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yes, Appa. I’m on my way back. Im going to stop by the mall to grab something. Okay, I’ll see you later.” Jiyong turns off his Bluetooth.

Coincidently he found an empty spot right next to the mall’s entrance and pulls in. Simultaneously, a white audi also tries to pull into the same empty parking spot. The person on the other car starts honking him.  He didn’t back away, he saw the spot first. Jiyong get off the car, feeling annoyed. The other person also step out as well.

“Aren’t you going to back away? It’s my spot. I’ve been waiting for it.” She asked with the same annoyed look on her face.

Jiyong look at her. She was in a short, beige-colored dress with her long, black hair loosely braided to the side. Her facial features were beautiful not to mention her body are perfectly proportioned.. She is definitely a traditional Korean beauty that is rare to see these days.

She glowered her eyes at him. “Will you please move your car?”

Jiyong snaps himself back. “What do you mean I have to move my car? I was here first.”

“Obviously not, if I’ve been waiting for this spot.” She argues back.

“Well, I’m sorry but my car is half way in compare to your car. You should go find another parking space instead of wasting your time here fighting for the spot with me. Unless that’s your excuse to talk to a handsome guy like me.” Jiyong suggests, sounding nonchalant.

She bit her lower lip in anger. “What absurdity is this.”

Jiyong shrugs his shoulder.

“You..” The phone in her hand vibrates and she place it to her ear. “What is it,  Taehyun? Really? I’ll be there in a few moments. Calm him down, don’t let him make a commotion.” She hangs up and look at Jiyong, irritated.

“It’s your lucky day today. I hope I never have to encounter another person like you again.” She gives him this condemning look before going back into her car.

Jiyong smiles. Never had he encounter such a woman before. They were rather soft-spoken and nice toward him. She’s the first.

-----------------------------------------------------

“Son! You’re finally home!” Jiyong’s dad come running to him and hug his dear son tightly, Yeonhee follows behind him quietly.

“Been 7 years since I last seen you! You matured to such a handsome young man, you should thank me for your great genes.” His dad finally let go and jokingly compliments his son’s appearance.

Jiyong laughs at his dad’s never-ending jokes. He look behind his dad and notices Yeonhee warmly smiling at him. She was ever beautiful to him. It must be true that happy marriage makes woman blossom. That 7 years away from her did not change his love for her, he just want to run over and embrace her petite body, but he can’t, because she  is now his mother. A woman who his father loves. And he will never do anything to upset his father.

He smile awkwardly and greet her “How have you been doing…mom.”

Yeonhee was taken aback by his greeting. She was hoping that maybe these 7 years, he didn’t change his love for her, but she realized that he had move on. There’s not even one tiny bit of affection left for her.

“The food is getting cold, we should go eat.” Yeonhee suggests, trying to suppress her tears.

“Oh right haha, let’s go son.” His dad pat his back and lead Yeonhee into the dining hall.

Jiyong from behind feeling envious at the sight of his dad holding Yeonhee. His heart is in pain. These 7 years did not heal the scar the she left him. He sighed at the hopelessness in their future.

At the dinner table, they were eating in silence until his dad speak up. “Since now you have returned, son, you can officially take over the management of the enterprises, son. I’ll resign as the chairman and enjoy my life for the remaining years.”

“Don’t say stuff like that. You’ll live until 100 or more.” Yeonhee touch her husband’s hand as way of reassurance.

Jiyong eyed her action, feeling a little uncomfortable.

“Son, you’re almost 30 now, it’s also a good time for marriage. You’ll be so overwhe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter