001

Chandelier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The story began when Oh Sehun met a girl at a karaoke room, crying while singing an English song. She was trying so hard to sing it but failed because of her sobbing.

If it was not for her bleeding wrist and bottles of soju around her, he would laugh at that time hearing the girl sang with her weird pronunciations.

She stopped from time to time to drink a bit and to clear her nose with tissues.

Empty boxes of tissue surrounded her.

I’m gonna swing from the chandelier

from the chandelier.

As soon as the girl sang the chorus, Sehun felt something in his heart. Despite her currently messy situation, she hit the high note perfectly.

Beautiful,

he thought.

What happened to her?

I’m gonna fly like a bird through the night,

Feel my tears as they dry.

She broke down again,

And he was scared.

Scared of the sudden pang he felt inside his heart.

Was it out of pity?

I’m holding on for dear life

Won’t look down

Won’t open my eyes

Keep my glass full until morning light

Cause I’m just holding on for tonight.

Sehun kept watching the girl singing the song under the dim light of the karaoke room, an effort to cover her tears but it didn’t work as he could see the girl kept wiping her face.

Her back was facing him, making it easier for Sehun to keep an eye on her. Afraid if she would pass out either from being too drunk or lost too much blood.

No, he was not torturing her by just standing there in front of the glass door letting the unknown girl bleeding to death. He just thought that she would appreciate every second she was spending,

alone,

at that time.

Besides, he was just a worker there. A plain man who was living a plain life not to his fullest. His life was as plain and dull as you could imagine. Funny how he thought that his life was plain despite encountering events which lead him to meet different type of person with weird personalities while working at the karaoke place.

He likes to observe human’s behavior. A habit he had grown of after working there.

He analyzed every customer he has to handle and there are certain categories of people that can be concluded from his analysis.

Category one would be the one who was troubled, heart-broken, hurt, upset-- you name it.

These people tend to sing their heart out. Sometimes, it irked Sehun when they sang—well, more like shouting.

Category two would involve drunktards.

He didn’t know from where should he start explaining but, the obvious fact that annoyed Sehun the most would be when they smoked inside the karaoke room.

Category three would be the singer-type aka the nice voiced people.

He likes them the most. Sometimes he would think that these people should be a real singer.

Category four would be the girls as known as annoying biatches. They tend to come to the karaoke on Friday and spent most of their night singing to girl group songs. Why was it annoying? Because of their voice. They always tried to sing a pitch higher to be cute but no, it was annoying as hell to Sehun. In addition, they topped his list of annoying person as they never failed to amuse Sehun with their flirting skills.

It is not even can be considered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter