Prologue

My Adventures to Find You

Raining.

 

 

Raining again.

 

 

 

Everyday rains. During day and night. All the time rains. I wondered when this place will stop raining because the kind of situation just reminded me of someone who loves play rain. I always wondered when I can meet her again. The last time I saw her when she was crying on the balcony next to mine. Yes, she is my neighbor.

 

 

Her delicate fingers wrapped around her phone as if she was waiting for a call.

 

Her worried face as if there was something bad happen around her.

 

Her eyebrows furrowed when she read her message.

 

I wanted to ask her what happen since she was already lived in this apartment building before we got here. I became friends with her at the first day I moved in here. I was unpacking my boxes and I heard a doorbell rang. I’m sure that was mine because I didn’t tell anyone that I moved in here besides my parents. I walked to the door and peeked the hole then saw a figure standing by in front of my door, I can tell that someone was a girl from her petite body. Hesitantly, I opened the door and I was greeted by a bright smile on her face,

 

“Hello, my dear new neighbor. My name is.. “

 

 

 

That voice rang once again in my head, I looked at the sky in my balcony and sighed for nth time at the memory. I can’t remember what happen next. Whenever I wanted to try to remember her name and her face, my throat felt so dry like I haven’t drank for days and my heart beats so fast until my chest hurt or her face got blurred. The only that I remembered about her is her voice like a melody. It’s impossible if I have to ask someone to talk first and hear their voice and try to match it with the voice that always rings in my head.

 

I tried to ask my parents who she is but they always avoid my questions or tried to change the subject. My bad thoughts about my parents started to pop out in my mind but it was interrupted by someone wrapped his muscular arms around my slender waist and pulled my body to his to fill the gap between us. I sighed softly and rested my back on his broad chest. He kissed my earlobe affectionately and whispered,

 

“What are you thinking about, babe? Mind to share with me?” I hummed in reply before turning my body to face him and wrapped my arms around his neck not too tight as I faced his face.

“You sure you want me to tell you?” He just nodded and pecked my right cheek.

“Yeah, tell me anything you want. I’ll hear it out.”

“I want to search for her. Can you help me out, Yifan?”

“Her?” I heard his voice got cracked a bit and widened his eyes in surprise as he heard what I said.

“Yes, her.” I felt his arms started to loosen around my waist and reluctantly removed his arms around my waist and went inside. I followed him inside slowly and found him sitting on the white couch with his palms covering his face. Damn, I just hurt him once again. I already engaged with this loving, handsome, kind and gentle man due our parents is best friends but my heart is with someone else. I felt guilty because I have to hurt this man’s feeling. I already told my parents that I didn’t want to engage with this man but still my parents forced me to do so.

I put my palm on his back, rubbing his back softly to capture his attention and this kind of gesture captured his attention. He turned his head to face me after sighing slightly,

“You go find her, I will distract our parents’ attention and telling them that you need more time. One month is enough for you?” he flashed a gentle smile at me and nodded his head lightly.

“Yeah. It’s more than enough.” I leaned closer to him and pecked him on his cheek before getting up from the couch and went to our bedroom. Before I reached the bedroom, I stopped in front of it and whispered a bit loud for him to hear,

“You’re a great guy. Thank you very much, Yifan.” Without any glance anymore, I stepped inside the bedroom and started to pack my clothes necessarily for few days. I searched for a duffel bag but I can’t find it. I checked under the bed and spotted the bag.

“Ah, got it.” I pulled the bag but the straps stuck between a medium box near the bag. I pulled it out roughly along the box. Dusty box, I shook the box gently and heard something in there. Without thinking further, I opened the box and found many things such as a pair of sunglasses, a couple necklaces, a diary, and many pictures of me with a girl. I turned the picture and spotted ‘J+T= 9 May 2000 <3’

Who is this girl? I need to find out who she is. I grabbed this picture and put it on the box then shoved the box into my bag as I stood up, ready for search this girl. But first, I needed to ask Yifan who she is and maybe he knew about this girl. I walked to the door and turned the doorknob slowly as I heard Yifan talking with someone.

“Yes, Father. I’m sure that she wants to see her desperately.”

“…”

“I told her that I will distract your attention and give her a month to search her.”

“…”

“Alright, Father. I understand. Bye.”

What was he talking about? Is he a bad guy? Or good guy? I frowned at myself and started to match the problems altogether, from what I know that Yifan is a good guy. Or he was just faking in front of me? Is he the reason that I can’t remember her? I need answers. Desperately. Who I can believe now? My parents won’t help me obviously, neither my siblings. My friends, they can tell my parents or Yifan. I need to be strong. I have to. Sighing deeply, I walked out from the room and went straight to face him. Giving a pat on his shoulder, he turned around and looked at me in shock as if I’m a ghost. I honestly wanted to scoff at the sight but I buried my intentions instead of scoffing, I shot him a questioning look.

“What’s with the face? I’m not a ghost though.”

“Uh- It’s nothing, I just get surprised when you suddenly come out from nowhere and pat my shoulder.” he turned away his gaze and took a glance at my duffel bag.

“Already done?”

“Yeah, but I want to ask you something before I go.”

“What is it?” he arched one of his eyebrows up as he looked at me curiously. I grabbed his wrist and leaded him to the dining table then pulled out the medium box.

“Do you know what this is?” I saw his body stiffened and torn his gaze away from the box.

“Uh- I-I don’t know about it.” Grabbing his wrist and tugged it lightly to make him look at the box once again.

“Father told me to hide it under the bed so you won’t have a memory about her. But seems you already found it.”

“Please, tell me who she is Yifan. You’re the only one who I can trust right now.” I pleaded at him helplessly. I didn’t know why I was so curious about this girl who kept haunting me with her blurred face in my dream. There was a nightmare for me sometimes but the other time, it was a nice dream for me.

“Alright, I’ll tell you what I know about this girl.” he opened the box and took a picture of me with the girl that I saw earlier. Pointing at the girl,

“Her name is Jessica. She was living next to your apartment and that makes you become her neighbor. You become friends with her, more like best friends from what I see. And after years befriending with her, you love her more than a friend and she loves you back. That’s how you two became lovers at that time. Of course, your father knew about it. He told his guys to make Jessica involve into an accident..” I clenched my fists in anger as I heard the story from Yifan, nodding at him to encourage him to continue the story.

“Instead of her, it was you who got into an accident. And that’s how you lost your memories about her. He sent Jessica away from you to her homeland because he threatened her if she didn’t leave here, her sister will get in danger. That’s all I know, Tiffany. I’m sorry for keeping this as a secret, I can’t help it.” He sighed deeply, dropped his shoulders in guilty and I patted his shoulders gently before pulling him down a bit to give him a big hug.

“That’s what I want to know, Yifan. More than enough.” I whispered soothingly into his ear and gave him a peck on the cheek again. He hugged me back tightly and kissed the crown of my head while mumbling,

“Just be careful, Tiffany. Your father will always one step in front of you.”

“I know, Yifan. I know.”

“You should go now before your father comes here.” He pulled away himself from the hug and looked at me while caressing my cheek tenderly.

“Yeah, I should probably go now. Thanks for the help, Yifan.”

“Just call me or text me if you need some help and I’ll keep updating to you.” He grinned widely like a kid and gave me a thumb up as encouragement.

I chuckled softly at the sight and put the box into my bag again, making my way to the door. I took a last glance at him and gave him a blinding eyes smile before went out from my apartment.

Jessica, please be alright. I will find you no matter what happen even though I don’t have a memory about you. But my heart always remember you all the time. Just wait.

 

TBC

 

 

What a crappy short prologue. Stay tune please! 

I'm new around here, hope I can give some entertainments for you guys! Especially for JeTi fans. :) Comments and Subscribe. Those can give me more inspirations. Any comments are very welcome in here so don't you worry giving out some critics for me. Critics can make someone better and same goes to me. o u o/ and also, please don't rush me because I need time to think and have inspiration for this story and also to give you guys a nice update. o/ please be understanding!

Hope you guys enjoy this prologue :D See you next time!

-suave sign out!