Catch Me

Catch Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before I fall too fast

Kiss me quick but make it last

So I can see how badly this will hurt me when you say goodbye

Keep it sweet, keep it slow
Let the future pass and don't let go
But tonight I could fall too soon into this beautiful moonlight


"Say Unnie, are you just playing with me? Cause I'm telling you, it freaking hurts."


"Huh? What are you talking about?" she asked me nervously. Her eyes flickering everywhere, obviously trying to avoid my stare. 


"Stop acting dumb. I know you know what I mean." 


"I don't." 


"Aish! Why are you being like this?" 


"Being like what?" she stared at me innocently, but I can bet you all my Olaf collection that she ain't really that innocent. 


"Being like that!"


"I don't really understand." 


"You're really gonna act like that?" 


"..." 


"I freaking hate you, you know that?!" I hollered at the top of my lungs. It's a good thing that our room is soundproof. Because if not, the other two would be banging our door right now. They would fuss at me again for shouting at our very 'pure' and 'innocent' leader.


"You what?" she stared at me, wide agape. 


"I hate you. There, I said it now. You wanna know why? Huh? You want to know?" 


"I don't. Just stop." 


"No! I will freaking tell you whether you like it or not." I paused, trying to calm myself. "I hate you because you're the only person other than my family who really cares for me. I hate you because you always take care of me. I hate how you can make my heart beat wildly whenever you're near. The way my heart flutters whenever you smile at me, the way my hands tremble whenever you intertwine your fingers with mine, I really hate them all. But of course, I hate myself the most because it fell for you since the first time we met." 


"Wendy, I--" 


"No. Just shut it. I don't wanna hear your explanations." 


"Wendy--"


"Just shut it, okay?! Why won't you even listen--" 


She suddenly latched her lips unto mine, immediately shutting up my blabbers. I stiffened and squirmed, but she didn't even budge. After a few seconds or so, she finally pulled back. 


"Why?" I asked her, clearly not understanding our situation. Is there even an 'us' to begin with? I don't really know. 


"Why what?" 


"Why are you playing with my feelings?" 


"I'm sorry." 


"I knew it. I shouldn't have fallen for you." 


"I'm really sorry." 


I knew from the start that she would hurt me. I always wished that she would someday like me back, but I guess that's impossible now. It's really clear that she doesn't like me. 

-


But you're so hypnotizing
You've got me laughing while I sing
You've got me smiling in my sleep
And I can see this unraveling
Your love is where I'm falling
But please don't catch me...


Of course, I couldn't hate Unnie. 


After that talk, I still find myself staring at her whenever she wasn't looking. I always make sure that she's doing fine even though she's ignoring me. I tried really hard to stop my feelings, but to no avail. It keeps getting stronger each day. And that's what I'm scared of. I'm scared of falling because I know that that someone won't catch me. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter